If Suzuki and KTM tied the knot...

Edited Date/Time 7/27/2021 5:42pm
Here's my rendition of what their offspring would look like.....yes please.

|
Johnny Ringo
7/1/2021 11:20am
I am talking out my ass but I feel like Suzuki could buy KTM a few times over, not the other way around
7/1/2021 11:23am
I am talking out my ass but I feel like Suzuki could buy KTM a few times over, not the other way around
Probably....but if KTM were smart they would start making yellow KTM's as an option and snatch up a bunch of Suzuki fanatics.
byke
7/1/2021 11:27am
Not gonna lie, I love it, but I'm a slut for that era. Lotta badass dudes with plenty of pink in their kit and nobody had shit to say about it.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
7/1/2021 11:33am
KTM could buy the Suzuki Motorcycle division... Not Suzuki as a whole.

I don't like this idea... While I want to see more and fresh yellow bikes, I don't want to see more KTM's just in a different color. I was really disappointed when KTM ditched everything about the GASGAS bikes, like KYB suspension, etc.

We need somebody outside of MX today to buy Suzuki, and put some money and effort in to their development. Maybe someone like Ducati...

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
7/1/2021 12:14pm
How about Suzuki does what they’re gonna do and we quit coming up with pointless unrealistic ideas.
Johnny Ringo
7/1/2021 12:15pm
Probably....but if KTM were smart they would start making yellow KTM's as an option and snatch up a bunch of Suzuki fanatics.
Suzuki fans don’t want KTMS, no matter what color they make the plastic.

Just like Ford fans don’t want Chevy, GM, or Cadillacs
7/1/2021 12:24pm

I know a few Honda fans who bought new the GasGas but would have never bought a pumpkin....so I'm sure a yellow KTM would do well too.
ccullins
7/1/2021 12:41pm
KTM buys company’s that a are in financial distress and/or going under. That’s not TM at all. While small they are solid finically.
TSCHAM101
7/1/2021 12:52pm

I know a few Honda fans who bought new the GasGas but would have never bought a pumpkin....so I'm sure a yellow KTM would do well...
I know a few Honda fans who bought new the GasGas but would have never bought a pumpkin....so I'm sure a yellow KTM would do well too.
Im normally a honda guy, but the 450 is too much for me.. and the 250, i just want a little more but i dont want to spend 4k on the engine to build a fast 250...

So im buying a Gas Gas 350.. Red is my color, but Big red didnt have a bike that fit what i want out of a bike.

Personally i think the Gas Gas bikes look better than big red too.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/1/2021 12:54pm
Ah yes suzuki who won the most prestigeous motorcycle championship last year will be bought by KTM.
7/1/2021 12:56pm

I know a few Honda fans who bought new the GasGas but would have never bought a pumpkin....so I'm sure a yellow KTM would do well...
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Im normally a honda guy, but the 450 is too much for me.. and the 250, i just want a little more but i dont want...
Im normally a honda guy, but the 450 is too much for me.. and the 250, i just want a little more but i dont want to spend 4k on the engine to build a fast 250...

So im buying a Gas Gas 350.. Red is my color, but Big red didnt have a bike that fit what i want out of a bike.

You aren't alone....like I said I know several of the "Ride Red" crew doing the same thing. I think you will enjoy the 350.
Johnny Ringo
7/1/2021 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2021 12:59pm
A quick google search shows Suzuki selling 1.5 million motorcycles worldwide last year, with KTM selling 270,000.

Once again, if any purchasing were to occur, Suzuki would be the buyer.

If anyone has more accurate numbers please post them.
TSCHAM101
7/1/2021 2:03pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Im normally a honda guy, but the 450 is too much for me.. and the 250, i just want a little more but i dont want...

You aren't alone....like I said I know several of the "Ride Red" crew doing the same thing. I think you will enjoy the 350.
Id probably keep my 250 if i wasnt putting about 6 engine hours a week on it.. rebuilds are going to get expensive as well as replacing timing chains...

350 wont get turned as hard, will rebuild less..

ive ridden a few 350's and loved them.. its like a really fast 250..
FIREfish148
7/1/2021 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2021 6:17pm
Pretty wild how Suzuki has pulled out of moto so much this past decade. Is it really that low of a return of investment? They make 32x more money as a company than KTM yet don’t seem to give 1/100th of the effort in moto.
I remember reading an interview with DeCoster after he left Suzuki and he said “it’s pretty sad to see what’s happening over there”. It seemed like maybe there was a little bitterness perhaps but looking back at it he was probably just disappointed that he couldn’t continue building there. I love seeing the yellow bikes out there but who’s going to want to buy one if they aren’t even featured in the shootouts?
On the other hand I love seeing what KTM is doing. There’s no way I would even think about buying one back in 2005 but now I would consider them in my top 3.
That’s a sick looking bike BTW Diesel.
JazzyJJ
7/1/2021 8:08pm
Pretty wild how Suzuki has pulled out of moto so much this past decade. Is it really that low of a return of investment? They make...
Pretty wild how Suzuki has pulled out of moto so much this past decade. Is it really that low of a return of investment? They make 32x more money as a company than KTM yet don’t seem to give 1/100th of the effort in moto.
I remember reading an interview with DeCoster after he left Suzuki and he said “it’s pretty sad to see what’s happening over there”. It seemed like maybe there was a little bitterness perhaps but looking back at it he was probably just disappointed that he couldn’t continue building there. I love seeing the yellow bikes out there but who’s going to want to buy one if they aren’t even featured in the shootouts?
On the other hand I love seeing what KTM is doing. There’s no way I would even think about buying one back in 2005 but now I would consider them in my top 3.
That’s a sick looking bike BTW Diesel.
Where do they make money? Street bikes of all shapes and sizes. The dirt market is a drop in the bucket in comparison. Factor in growing demand in India and it's a comical comparison.
PJRAUS
7/1/2021 8:54pm
Not as silly as it might sound...Im seeing long time honda guys looking favourably at gas gas two strokes..because they are red!
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
7/1/2021 9:15pm
byke wrote:
Not gonna lie, I love it, but I'm a slut for that era. Lotta badass dudes with plenty of pink in their kit and nobody had...
Not gonna lie, I love it, but I'm a slut for that era. Lotta badass dudes with plenty of pink in their kit and nobody had shit to say about it.
Yes please, I need a yellow ktm…

roninho
7/2/2021 2:19am
They should tie the knot and start up the old production line for RM125's for a low cost one make serie.
7/2/2021 3:26am
Suzuki would likely sell their motorcycle range for peanuts, they hate motorbikes anyway…
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
7/2/2021 12:54pm
GrapeApe wrote:
[img]https://cdn-0.motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/0Q7A2315.jpg[/img]
Dammit Grape, I just went and saved this exact picture to post here. That bike was awesome and the crazy save he made while riding it made it a true Travis Pastrana tribute.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/2/2021 1:12pm
Seriously hoping Suzuki stays in it on their own.

Long live the best lookin bikes...

7/9/2021 10:53am
Suzuki’s power sports properties will bought by Hitachi Astemo. The patents, technologies and remaining manufacturing holdings will then be sold off to Yamaha and KHI.

Yamaha will subsequently introduce a line of yellow electric off road motorcycles.

Just pulled that straight from my ass but something like this is way more likely than any Austrian involvement.
Johnny Ringo
7/9/2021 11:02am
KTM would never be able to make a bike that looks better than this
ktmdan
7/9/2021 2:30pm
The frame, shroud, and purple accent on the fork is actually pretty dope. The Tiger print stuff though 🤢

Post a reply to: If Suzuki and KTM tied the knot...

The Latest