If Stewart wins out..........

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2011 9:23 PM

How do the rest shake out?

|

3/14/2011 9:28 PM

I know you said "IF"....but it wont happen.

|

3/14/2011 9:30 PM

Thats a big "IF"

But if he did, RV2 still comes away with the title.

|

The Villopoto strategy is simple. Get a good start and haul ass. If you don’t get a good start, haul more ass.

3/14/2011 9:32 PM

I don`t see it happening. It`s not his year. Anything that could go wrong , did and I don`t see any changes. It`s not his year.

|

3/14/2011 9:36 PM

Way to many variables with this many races left. Who knows where RV will finish and so forth. hell....it's SX , anything could happen. We could ( hopefully not ) lose 1-2 of the top 5 guys before Vegas. And with the way Stewart has been riding lately......he may be one of the ones that takes himself out for the season! Dude had some serious close calls this past weekend!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/14/2011 9:38 PM

IF JS wins every event from this point on, RV will still beat him with an equal string of 2nds. Five 2nds and two 3rds still give RV the title by two points. From there on, the permutations are endless. RV just needs to stay away from a total DNF or DNS and stay strong and consistant.

When you look at it on an Excel sheet, there's still a long way to go.

|

The opinions expressed here are possibly not even those of the contributor.

3/14/2011 9:43 PM

RACEGUY wrote:

IF JS wins every event from this point on, RV will still beat him with an equal string of 2nds. Five 2nds and two 3rds still ...more

Link to said spreadsheet? And a big thank you for doing the numbers.

|

3/14/2011 10:08 PM

Three points per round difference, first to second. It's not that hard to figure out.

|

3/14/2011 10:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2011 10:14 PM

Judging from what we have seen thus far, does it seem likely that anybody will consecutively win the next seven races?

140 main event laps are left, but I damn sure don't see the same person leading the seven laps that count the most.

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

3/14/2011 10:18 PM

how do the rest shake out?

CR22 = 3rd
RD1 = 4th
TC = 5th

?

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

3/14/2011 10:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2011 10:20 PM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Judging from what we have seen thus far, does it seem likely that anybody will consecutively win the next seven races?

140 ...more

3 weeks ago RV wasn't supposed to win, 3 weeks later and he's won all three. He ain't no punk and he's not going to let anyone win 3, 5, or 7 in a row.

My.02

|

3/14/2011 10:25 PM

A lot can happen in the 7 races left.

|

3/14/2011 10:27 PM

mws02 wrote:

I know you said "IF"....but it wont happen.

X2

|

3/14/2011 10:42 PM

I think Dungey is going to take third. He`s pissed enough.

|

3/14/2011 10:43 PM

Nobody will dominate the rest of the season, Villopoto isn't that much faster than everyone else.

One bad start and the weight of this series will shake around a little bit, RV holds a firm gap in the points but James isn't done yet, I think Indy was a very smart race for James considering the crash he took last weekend and the two big mistakes early in the race in Indy. Reed isn't done yet either, Dungey will stay up front, and Canard can get another win this year (i'm guessing SLC or Seattle)

Is Weimer returning for SX this year? or waiting til the nationals?

|

Enter my Weekly Fantasy Series here: Weekly Fantasy SX Series
Enter my Full Season Fantasy Series here: Full Season Fantasy SX Series

3/15/2011 12:07 AM

If he wins out from here, he will totally deserve the championship.

|

3/15/2011 12:15 AM

The way the season has been going thus far, I think a lot more interesting events will unfold. It will be a long shot even if james puts in 7 amazing rides.

|

3/15/2011 7:30 AM

not a chance of stewart winning all the rest of the races! he will win one or two, but i cant see him keeping it on 2 wheels for the rest of the series- he was really lucky not to crash at indy. RV seems much more comfortable running the pace he is running at the moment. I think, barring any seriously bad luck for RV he will take the title, with reed 2nd, dungey 3rd stewart 4th and trey 5th.
Being fast is not enough to win a championship- you need to be consistent aswell. I just hope when stewart doesnt win the championship this year, that its the wake up call he needs- to do the FULL series outdoors, when the real racing starts!
How good will the outdoors be with stewart, pourcel, reed, RV, trey, dungey, possible wildcards from desalle, cairoli etc!!!

|

3/15/2011 7:37 AM

CR250Rider wrote:

how do the rest shake out?

CR22 = 3rd
RD1 = 4th
TC = 5th

?

x2

|

3/15/2011 7:37 AM

Reed and Dungey will both be cussing and we will get to see how smart Villopoto handles the pressure.

|

3/15/2011 7:45 AM

RV also has the luxury of being able to 'choose his battles' - he can accept 3rd or 4th if he has to and still have a healthy points lead. VERY impressed with RV this year

|

3/15/2011 8:24 AM

I really happy for RV.. It's his year!

|

3/15/2011 8:24 AM

Just keep him of the cover of RacerX until then.. wink

|

3/15/2011 8:45 AM

If Stewart wins the title Reed will get second and Dungey will get third. That's the only way I can see it happening. And I don't see that happeneing. Stewart could win a bunch but he's gonna throw at least one away to do it. The short version, Stewart isn't going to catch RV with a health RV out there.

|

3/15/2011 8:49 AM

I love how the most informed in the sport didn't even mention RV in the supercross preshow this year. LoL.

|

3/15/2011 8:50 AM

I'm also very impressed with RV. 99.8% of James's speed with way fewer mistakes will get you a 26 point lead. He's got everything going right now - starts, speed, and keeping it on 2 wheels.

I think there is a pretty good chance of James being farther behind at the end of the season as he is now. Imagine how aggressive James will be next week if he gets a bad start - what are the chances of him charging to 2nd without crashing? I know he did it last week, but man did he have some close calls. Plus, riders will fight James for position this year.

|

"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813

3/15/2011 9:00 AM

2strokerider wrote:

not a chance of stewart winning all the rest of the races! he will win one or two, but i cant see him keeping it on 2 wheels ...more

if the real racing doesn't start til summer for you then won't you go away until then? please?

|

don't believe the hype