If Reed's not on Kawi next year, then what?

ando
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:23pm
Perhaps a factory supported or satellite Suzuki team? Or is Rockstar too tied up with Suzuki?
|
mxb2
8/26/2010 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 1:13pm
Is nt he signed with kawy and monster through 2011? MX/SX
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
8/26/2010 1:16pm
Honestly, I don't think we'll be seeing Reed in 2011.
ocscottie
8/26/2010 1:20pm
mxb2 wrote:
Is nt he signed with kawy and monster through 2011? MX/SX
Pretty sure the 2nd year on his contract was only an option. I really hope he gets something solid worked out wherever he goes.

The Shop

jaeckle
8/26/2010 1:26pm
Suzuki bikes with his own team would be my guess. Chad is the smartest business man on the track.
petersen112
8/26/2010 1:28pm
i think this may be a bold idea but perhaps a monster energy suzuki team? dont forget about his ties to suzuki team managers as well as monster energy in australia
BLAHBLAH
8/26/2010 1:33pm
i think this may be a bold idea but perhaps a monster energy suzuki team? dont forget about his ties to suzuki team managers as well...
i think this may be a bold idea but perhaps a monster energy suzuki team? dont forget about his ties to suzuki team managers as well as monster energy in australia
That would be a sweet deal for him... However I don't know how much Kawi would appreciate haveing a competetor with the same title sponsor...
ab5772
8/26/2010 1:34pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he was done. He left a winning program at Suzuki to make more money at Kawasaki. Who's going to pay him the big "Chad Reed" salary that he demands? He made it clear last year that he isn't interested in racing for peanuts.

I hope he returns. He's still one of the "fastest men on the planet." I believe he's still got some race wins left in him.
ab5772
8/26/2010 1:39pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
That would be a sweet deal for him... However I don't know how much Kawi would appreciate haveing a competetor with the same title sponsor...
And on that same note, Rockstar probably wouldn't be too stoked on a Monster Suzuki team.

If the Pourcel/KTM deal doesn't work out, Reed on a 350 for SX sounds pretty interesting.
8/26/2010 1:42pm
ab5772 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was done. He left a winning program at Suzuki to make more money at Kawasaki. Who's going to pay him...
I wouldn't be surprised if he was done. He left a winning program at Suzuki to make more money at Kawasaki. Who's going to pay him the big "Chad Reed" salary that he demands? He made it clear last year that he isn't interested in racing for peanuts.

I hope he returns. He's still one of the "fastest men on the planet." I believe he's still got some race wins left in him.
Didn't he race at Suzuki for Bonus money only ? so he really doesn't demand that much.
web mx
8/26/2010 1:47pm
Thought in a very recent interview he said he's gonna chill and get ready for 2011 season ???
ab5772
8/26/2010 1:51pm
ab5772 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was done. He left a winning program at Suzuki to make more money at Kawasaki. Who's going to pay him...

526 wrote:
Didn't he race at Suzuki for Bonus money only ? so he really doesn't demand that much.
In everything I read, he stated that he loved being on that team and really wanted to stay. Unfortunately for him, they couldn't pay him what he wanted. At least that's the impression I got.
dehner47
8/26/2010 1:54pm
id love to see Chad do his own deal outta his own rig. it dont matter which color it is. i just feel he like doing his own program down in FL and rides the best when he isnt bothered or takin away from HIS program. so personally, id love to see him in his own set up. think would be good for him and his career..
Adam43
8/26/2010 1:54pm
ab5772 wrote:
And on that same note, Rockstar probably wouldn't be too stoked on a Monster Suzuki team. If the Pourcel/KTM deal doesn't work out, Reed on a...
And on that same note, Rockstar probably wouldn't be too stoked on a Monster Suzuki team.

If the Pourcel/KTM deal doesn't work out, Reed on a 350 for SX sounds pretty interesting.
The only thing more disastrous than another year on the Kawi would be a KTM 350.

I don't think he has anything firm yet so its really anyone's guess. I do imagine that he would have quite a few takers if his price was right.

A total shot in the dark, but I bet he will end up doing AMA and Aus SX on an RMZ450.
maximus2k10
8/26/2010 1:57pm
You will see #22 with his own Deal for the rest of his career!!!!
WORD
BLAHBLAH
8/26/2010 1:59pm
dehner47 wrote:
id love to see Chad do his own deal outta his own rig. it dont matter which color it is. i just feel he like doing...
id love to see Chad do his own deal outta his own rig. it dont matter which color it is. i just feel he like doing his own program down in FL and rides the best when he isnt bothered or takin away from HIS program. so personally, id love to see him in his own set up. think would be good for him and his career..
I agree... Besides if Jlaw can pull together sponsors and support his own effort I certainly think CR could put together something.

I'm sure he could find a couple guys willing to ride fo his team... Weimer, JT$, Wey come to mind
ab5772
8/26/2010 2:01pm
There's no denying the fact that Reed & the RMZ450 were a good match. I'm sure he would be happy to ride one again.
maximus2k10
8/26/2010 2:03pm
It is already a done deal!!!! Team REED coming real HOTT!!!!!
Titan1
8/26/2010 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 2:09pm
He'd be a great fit for JGR....

If they keep hiring "never will be's" like Josh Grant, they are going to leave the sport...and that will be bad for MX.

Plus, Reed brings speed, consistency, and good PR skills to a very professional organization. Not to mention his multi-national following (in Aus, and NZ as well as Europe as a result of his GP roots) which would give great cross continental name recognition to their other ventures as well.

If I'm JGR, I dumping Grant and hiring Reed....and let him train in Florida, he doesn't need to be babysat.
ando
8/26/2010 2:08pm
Dropbear wrote:
Ford or Holden
Ya, never thought of that when I asked the question. Could be though - Monster Energy Holden Racing Team?
mxb2
8/26/2010 2:08pm
Pretty sure he left makita/suzuki because of his demand for top money(rightfully so), but i think when Dungey was gonna be on the big bikes,don t think suzuki could afford both reed and dungey and they chose dungey(nice choice, workin out well). Reed s gonna make big money no matter where he goes, he has a nice resume!
8/26/2010 2:12pm
Dropbear wrote:
Ford or Holden
ando wrote:
Ya, never thought of that when I asked the question. Could be though - Monster Energy Holden Racing Team?
He would look good in a Ford Falcon
BLAHBLAH
8/26/2010 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 2:15pm
Titan1 wrote:
He'd be a great fit for JGR.... If they keep hiring "never will be's" like Josh Grant, they are going to leave the sport...and that will...

If they keep hiring "never will be's" like Josh Grant, they are going to leave the sport...and that will be bad for MX.

Plus, Reed brings speed, consistency, and good PR skills to a very professional organization. Not to mention his multi-national following (in Aus, and NZ as well as Europe as a result of his GP roots) which would give great cross continental name recognition to their other ventures as well.

If I'm JGR, I dumping Grant and hiring Reed....and let him train in Florida, he doesn't need to be babysat.
I think your a bit off on this one... JGrant was pikced up by JGR as a graduating lites guy, who had won a handful of races but never realy been a championship contender.

JG in case you forgot won A1 and was higly competive in last years MX series before bike problems led to a crash. This year he was hurt for the entire SX season and although has podiumed a few times has not been a championship competitor.

I think JG has done well for the team he has put them in a position where they are a respected top level team. Do you remember who they had on the team before JG? I think it has been a good relationship for both JG and JGR, the fact that you can even mention CR22 as a good fit is becuase JG has proven that their bikes are competive.
ando
8/26/2010 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 2:16pm
Dropbear wrote:
Ford or Holden
ando wrote:
He would look good in a Ford Falcon
Whatever it is (or will be eventually) I'm sure Chad already knows which brand he'll drive.

You realise that the Ford vs Holden rivalry in Australia is probably at least as competitive as Ford vs GM in the States?
Titan1
8/26/2010 2:21pm
Titan1 wrote:
He'd be a great fit for JGR.... If they keep hiring "never will be's" like Josh Grant, they are going to leave the sport...and that will...

BLAHBLAH wrote:
I think your a bit off on this one... JGrant was pikced up by JGR as a graduating lites guy, who had won a handful of...
I think your a bit off on this one... JGrant was pikced up by JGR as a graduating lites guy, who had won a handful of races but never realy been a championship contender.

JG in case you forgot won A1 and was higly competive in last years MX series before bike problems led to a crash. This year he was hurt for the entire SX season and although has podiumed a few times has not been a championship competitor.

I think JG has done well for the team he has put them in a position where they are a respected top level team. Do you remember who they had on the team before JG? I think it has been a good relationship for both JG and JGR, the fact that you can even mention CR22 as a good fit is becuase JG has proven that their bikes are competive.
Grant will end up in the metal mulisha doing "spawn of the metal satan worshippers" freestyle exibitions in no time flat.

he's got a couple of wins, but has never really come close to a championship. and companies like JGR don't spend money for a one off win-at least not at this stage of their team, they want championships. And they hired JG-as a hot prospect-because they thought he could do it for them, and they were wrong. He'll never win a title...he'd rather toss gang signs and go "poaching" with Deegan, which is cool.

I love watching him ride, and I think he has one of the coolest riding styles in the sport...but I'm just calling a spade a spade here.

CR is a good fit because JGR put big bucks into their program, and big bucks equals quality bikes. JG had nothing to do with it.

Zycki11
8/26/2010 2:22pm
Blue or yellow, JGR at his house or Yellow on his own with factory support. Won't ride orange or red. Obviously not green anymore. I did find it interesting reading James quote "the biggest surprise this year was Chad, although i knew 8 months ago when he signed with them he would hate the bike"

Post a reply to: If Reed's not on Kawi next year, then what?

The Latest