If RV and the 2012 KX450 were "all that",

newmann
3/19/2012 8:13am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2012 12:37pm
he'd get his mechanic to race prep a box stock bike and win the remaining rounds like Hannah did "back in the day". Then they could raffle the bike off after each race. With all the competition out at this point and his huge ass points gap it sure would make a bold statement for what they are selling. I can't think of a better time in many years that something like this might actually work.
|
3/19/2012 8:19am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 8:21am
I can't think of a better time for him to enter the remaining rounds on this. It is 30lbs lighter, than the 2012 KX450, makes the same amount of power, costs a fraction to rebuild, and has about 100 less moving internal parts.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/05/kawasaki-kx250-two-stroke-works-b…
3/19/2012 8:24am
So sick.
Smitch
3/19/2012 8:26am
That 1978 YZ 250-E was a winning bike. Hannah convinced me to buy one--never regretted it.
jndmx
3/19/2012 8:35am
Because RV wants to live.

A box stock bike from any manufacturer would make a pro rider feel like they were on one of those Pep Boys bikes.

The Shop

newmann
3/19/2012 8:37am
jndmx wrote:
Because RV wants to live. A box stock bike from any manufacturer would make a pro rider feel like they were on one of those Pep...

A box stock bike from any manufacturer would make a pro rider feel like they were on one of those Pep Boys bikes.
So all these people that claim the 450 is the "equalizer" between the haves and have nots is just made up BS?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 8:43am
Two-Stroke Taliban, having Ryan riding a two-stroke would help Kawasaki's bottom line how?

I think I may have coined the two-stroke Taliban nickname, and it was In reference to the sometimes crazy statements that two-stroke fans would sometimes make. This is a perfect example.Yes it's a beautiful machine. But it also makes zero sense for Ryan to be racing that, except for that perfect world that would appease your fantasies.

In keeping with this thread (maybe you missed it), I went all Navy Seal Team Six on your account. It was fun while it lasted.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 8:46am
jndmx wrote:
Because RV wants to live. A box stock bike from any manufacturer would make a pro rider feel like they were on one of those Pep...

This ^^^. There's another thread commenting on the high number of injured riders. Let's not add to it.
scooter5002
3/19/2012 8:53am
GuyB wrote:
Two-Stroke Taliban, having Ryan riding a two-stroke would help Kawasaki's bottom line how? I think I may have coined the two-stroke Taliban nickname, and it was...
Two-Stroke Taliban, having Ryan riding a two-stroke would help Kawasaki's bottom line how?

I think I may have coined the two-stroke Taliban nickname, and it was In reference to the sometimes crazy statements that two-stroke fans would sometimes make. This is a perfect example.Yes it's a beautiful machine. But it also makes zero sense for Ryan to be racing that, except for that perfect world that would appease your fantasies.

In keeping with this thread (maybe you missed it), I went all Navy Seal Team Six on your account. It was fun while it lasted.
Holy SHIT Gibby, you weren't kidding. Lol. Love the Navy Seal reference. However, in enforcing this new rule, don't you think in about a week coming in here it will be like an empty house vacated for the move? You know.....Helloooooooooooo? Helllooooo.......Hellllooooooooooooo
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 8:58am
I'd take a much smaller core group who know what they're talking about, and has a dose of common sense about how things work in the real world, over a group that posts non-stop but leaves you wanting to pound your fists on the keyboard. Smile
Spartacus
3/19/2012 10:25am
Bet your advertisers like a lot of people seeing their adds here though.....................
Highsider
3/19/2012 10:39am
My understanding is James never liked the KX250 all that much.
mattmatt300
3/19/2012 10:40am
it would be cool to see a few guys bust out 250 smokers at the monster energy cup. poto could ride that bike above. dungey on a 250sx. bubba on that yz250 he made the vid of before the season. not gonna happen but we can all dream cant we...
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 10:42am
Spartacus wrote:
Bet your advertisers like a lot of people seeing their adds here though.....................
Numbers are never a problem. I'll take sanity over pure volume.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
3/19/2012 11:11am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 11:12am
it would be cool to see a few guys bust out 250 smokers at the monster energy cup. poto could ride that bike above. dungey on...
it would be cool to see a few guys bust out 250 smokers at the monster energy cup. poto could ride that bike above. dungey on a 250sx. bubba on that yz250 he made the vid of before the season. not gonna happen but we can all dream cant we...
Yep, cool thought, for sure! It would've been nice though, to see RV ride that smoker at one of the last rounds of the SX series, provided he wrapped the championship up already. I know, I know, it's not homologated, but still an awesome thought. Shoot, RD and all the others for that matter.
mark_swart
3/19/2012 11:19am
I think the fact that RV switched to that bike mid season last year and picked up his pace in the nationals, then des Nations, MEC and this years SX says plenty about that bike already. I can think of a some other brands that were on a new chassis a couple years before people got it got dialed.
It would be fun to watch ALL of the top guys on smokers, if we lived on fantasy planet Premixia.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 11:23am
mark_swart wrote:
I think the fact that RV switched to that bike mid season last year and picked up his pace in the nationals, then des Nations, MEC...
I think the fact that RV switched to that bike mid season last year and picked up his pace in the nationals, then des Nations, MEC and this years SX says plenty about that bike already. I can think of a some other brands that were on a new chassis a couple years before people got it got dialed.
It would be fun to watch ALL of the top guys on smokers, if we lived on fantasy planet Premixia.
Premixia? Hahahaha!
TeamGreen
3/19/2012 11:30am
GuyB wrote:
Two-Stroke Taliban, having Ryan riding a two-stroke would help Kawasaki's bottom line how? I think I may have coined the two-stroke Taliban nickname, and it was...

Believe ot or not...

The Parts & Accessories side of the business is doing a bit better than you'd think...

So, if SOMEONE did go out an "Do It" on the 250...couldn't it get MORE people back out there on thier 250's and back to the parts-counter?

Go ask Dave at UFO USA how much plastic he's sellin' for all these "Old" scooters.

I'm jus' sayin'...
jndmx
3/19/2012 11:32am
jndmx wrote:

newmann wrote:
So all these people that claim the 450 is the "equalizer" between the haves and have nots is just made up BS?
In terms of power....yes that bike offers a more equal platform to an extent.
Adjusting the range of power delivery seems to be the thing with that bike not more horses.

In terms of suspension, no way.
Suspension mods are in the $6-10K range for A kit stuff and everyone comments about the work of their suspension folks.

Box stock suspension on a modern SX track at race speed would equal crashing.....hard.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 11:36am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 11:37am
TeamGreen wrote:
Believe ot or not... The Parts & Accessories side of the business is doing a bit better than you'd think... So, if SOMEONE did go out...
Believe ot or not...

The Parts & Accessories side of the business is doing a bit better than you'd think...

So, if SOMEONE did go out an "Do It" on the 250...couldn't it get MORE people back out there on thier 250's and back to the parts-counter?

Go ask Dave at UFO USA how much plastic he's sellin' for all these "Old" scooters.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Not shocking. I was talking to the gang at Hinson a while back about how they were killing it in a down economy because more people were upgrading clutches in their old bikes that they were hanging onto longer than they usually would.

Of course, what I was referring to was how teams like Monster Energy Kawasaki go racing to sell bikes, promote their brands, etc.

Win on Saturday and sell a KX250 on Monday? I don't think that adds up for anyone's goals...well, outside of the TST, that is. Smile
newmann
3/19/2012 11:51am
TeamGreen wrote:
Believe ot or not... The Parts & Accessories side of the business is doing a bit better than you'd think... So, if SOMEONE did go out...
Believe ot or not...

I'm jus' sayin'...
GuyB wrote:
Not shocking. I was talking to the gang at Hinson a while back about how they were killing it in a down economy because more people...
Not shocking. I was talking to the gang at Hinson a while back about how they were killing it in a down economy because more people were upgrading clutches in their old bikes that they were hanging onto longer than they usually would.

Of course, what I was referring to was how teams like Monster Energy Kawasaki go racing to sell bikes, promote their brands, etc.

Win on Saturday and sell a KX250 on Monday? I don't think that adds up for anyone's goals...well, outside of the TST, that is. Smile
Oh damn, someone brings in some pesky little facts and now it's all TST syndrome Gibby??? With half the field out due to injuries, all that A kit and works stuff may not be all it's cracked up to be either. Take the stock stuff, revalve and spring it and let RV go show everyone how good the bike is. That might sell some bikes come Monday.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 11:55am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 11:56am
newmann wrote:
Oh damn, someone brings in some pesky little facts and now it's all TST syndrome Gibby??? With half the field out due to injuries, all that...
Oh damn, someone brings in some pesky little facts and now it's all TST syndrome Gibby??? With half the field out due to injuries, all that A kit and works stuff may not be all it's cracked up to be either. Take the stock stuff, revalve and spring it and let RV go show everyone how good the bike is. That might sell some bikes come Monday.
I guess you missed the part where I was agreeing with Team Green that aftermarket sales are doing okay.

So just for the sake of argument, let's say the Monster Energy Kawasaki crew says, "Let's do it!"

And let's say that Ryan goes out there and wins on a KX250.

People in the stands are so impressed, they flock to Kawasaki dealers in record numbers, asking for the bike the Ryan won on Saturday night.

How many of them are going to go home with what they want?
peelout
3/19/2012 12:04pm
if RV were on a stock bike, and got hurt due to the inability to perform on substandard equipment, how well would that go over with the idiots whining about how dangerous supercross is?

ps... a video of him on that 250 would be SIK
3/19/2012 12:05pm
GuyB wrote:

There is no Seal Team Six. Now who doesn't know what they're talking about?
3/19/2012 12:07pm
GuyB wrote:
I guess you missed the part where I was agreeing with Team Green that aftermarket sales are doing okay. So just for the sake of argument...
I guess you missed the part where I was agreeing with Team Green that aftermarket sales are doing okay.

So just for the sake of argument, let's say the Monster Energy Kawasaki crew says, "Let's do it!"

People in the stands are so impressed, they flock to Kawasaki dealers in record numbers, asking for the bike the Ryan won on Saturday night.

Exactly, which is why it will never happen. Now Dungey on the other hand...
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/19/2012 12:07pm
peelout wrote:
if RV were on a stock bike, and got hurt due to the inability to perform on substandard equipment, how well would that go over with...
if RV were on a stock bike, and got hurt due to the inability to perform on substandard equipment, how well would that go over with the idiots whining about how dangerous supercross is?

ps... a video of him on that 250 would be SIK
Agreed.

And as an aside...I don't think Hannah was ever racing for a million dollars.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/19/2012 12:08pm
GuyB wrote:

It would NOT help Kawi's bottom line but it WOULD give them mad street cred. Smile
Spartacus
3/19/2012 12:13pm
newmann wrote:
he'd get his mechanic to race prep a box stock bike and win the remaining rounds like Hannah did "back in the day". Then they could...
he'd get his mechanic to race prep a box stock bike and win the remaining rounds like Hannah did "back in the day". Then they could raffle the bike off after each race. With all the competition out at this point and his huge ass points gap it sure would make a bold statement for what they are selling. I can't think of a better time in many years that something like this might actually work.
Precious few large companies think/work outside the box.
newmann
3/19/2012 12:14pm
newmann wrote:
Oh damn, someone brings in some pesky little facts and now it's all TST syndrome Gibby??? With half the field out due to injuries, all that...
GuyB wrote:
I guess you missed the part where I was agreeing with Team Green that aftermarket sales are doing okay. So just for the sake of argument...

Who's talking about a KX250? Not me, I'm all about the 2012 KX450 with "launch control" and computer chips.

But all these people spea....."voting" with their wallets rebuilding old 2 strokes and 4 (does anyone really rebuild and old 4 stroke??) has to have the aftermarket smiling while the OEM's keep blaming the economy for low bike sales rather than dirt bikes priced at loaded out cruiser prices. When even the sheep are not buying, maybe they need to rethink their plan.
mxb2
3/19/2012 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 12:48pm
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:

They will leave empty handed because the 2 stroke dudes buy used.
newmann
3/19/2012 12:44pm
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
They will leave empty handed because the 2 stroke dudes buy used.
There you go, turning a perfectly good (if there could ever be such a thingTongue ) 4 stroke thread into a 2 stroke bash fest. But since you did.....Kawasaki might want to take notice of all the people spending thousands in the aftermarket because they would rather ride a clapped out old POS 2 stroke than their shiny new $8400.00 thumper. Take that.....LOL

Post a reply to: If RV and the 2012 KX450 were "all that",

The Latest