If MXDN is a mudder

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2018 11:59 AM

Should the MXDN be a mudder, after the results of Moto 1 for 250s and 450s, I think Team USA will be sitting pretty.

|

8/25/2018 12:05 PM

Even its wet,dry or dusty. Team USA will be sitting pretty wink

|

8/25/2018 12:16 PM

I pray it’s not because I would have spent 700 dollars to be muddy and see not so exciting racing sad

|

8/25/2018 12:18 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

I pray it’s not because I would have spent 700 dollars to be muddy and see not so exciting racing sad

DITTO

|

8/25/2018 12:18 PM

Agreed, all 3 perform well in the mud, great team.

Gotta love the career resurrection by Barcia this year. AP has proven ever since I first watched him at Loretta's that he excels in the mud. Tomac is just a stud.

|

8/25/2018 12:18 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

I pray it’s not because I would have spent 700 dollars to be muddy and see not so exciting racing sad

I hear ya, no one wants to drop that kind of money and time to see mud racing.

|

8/25/2018 12:19 PM

There are some good mud riders in the GP's.

|

8/25/2018 12:19 PM

I hope not. Last year was a mudder.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/25/2018 12:22 PM

Yeah, even though we look good today, there are too many variables in a mud race and crazy things happen. With the GP riders experience in mud I actually think team USA has the best potential in dry conditions.

|

8/25/2018 12:24 PM

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

Yeah, even though we look good today, there are too many variables in a mud race and crazy things happen. With the GP riders ...more

Definetely, there's only a couple of riders that could potentially beat Tomac, Barcia or Plessanger on home turf in the dry.

|

8/25/2018 12:29 PM

If it is, the Tomac vs Herlings discussion will go on for many pages ( sure it will anyway).

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

8/25/2018 12:34 PM

I know the GP riders are known for their expertise in the mud. Maybe I should clarify that given those facts that our team today showed excellent form in the mud.

|

8/25/2018 12:41 PM

Drtbykr wrote:

If it is, the Tomac vs Herlings discussion will go on for many pages ( sure it will anyway).

I personally would like to see Tomac and Herlings go at where it's not a team event and there are no team-based repurcussions for mechanicals or crashes. Rest assured that while the fans are building this up, Decoster will have Tomac focused that this is a TEAM event and unless he has a throw away moto, its most important to put in quality moto's and not make it a race about Tomac vs Herlings. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Herlings vs Tomac, just the MXoN isn't all about those two.

|

8/25/2018 1:12 PM

You guys, don't fret about a mud race, you haven't got a Honda rider on the team this year! It's all good..

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

8/25/2018 1:22 PM

The GP riders are terrible in mud......also Southwick is deepest sand track in the world. *tongue firmly stuck in cheek*.

|

8/25/2018 1:23 PM

Anstie would probably be cool with it.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/25/2018 4:16 PM

Has there ever been a mud race at Red Bud?

|

8/25/2018 4:19 PM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Has there ever been a mud race at Red Bud?

Not sure but they don't often race their in October, do they?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/25/2018 4:27 PM

october = mud at redbud. guaranteed.

|

8/25/2018 5:13 PM

dboivin wrote:

october = mud at redbud. guaranteed.

I disagree. Been riding and racing there for 20+ years. Fall here in southwest Michigan is usually some of the best moto weather you could ask for. That early in October should be about perfect. 2 weeks after that tho....we could very well have 75 and sun or 28 and a foot of snow. I have seen both.

|

8/27/2018 9:10 PM

dboivin wrote:

october = mud at redbud. guaranteed.

JB500 wrote:

I disagree. Been riding and racing there for 20+ years. Fall here in southwest Michigan is usually some of the best moto ...more

I agree with JB 500 after living there 54 years. Weather should be sunny and 67 degrees F. Perfect..

|

8/27/2018 9:19 PM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Has there ever been a mud race at Red Bud?

Many.

|

8/27/2018 9:26 PM

dboivin wrote:

october = mud at redbud. guaranteed.

Nah. We usually end up with a relatively dry fall in early October. Mid October to November is when it starts getting cold, rainy/snowy. I was comfortably floating the river the beginning of October last year. Mid 70’s during the day, cooler in the mornings and night. Should be perfect!

|

8/27/2018 9:30 PM

The biggest variable is the darn races in October . I don't like to be negative but the chances of bad weather are probably pretty good. Lets hope its dry

|

8/27/2018 10:21 PM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Has there ever been a mud race at Red Bud?

ktmfun219 wrote:

Many.

LAST TRUE Old School mudder was Dec 1974 in 8" snow when Jeff Penton waxed all our asses in 2 hours.

KTM today is because of John Penton. Hail to the KING.

|

8/27/2018 11:07 PM

Gus wrote:

Should the MXDN be a mudder, after the results of Moto 1 for 250s and 450s, I think Team USA will be sitting pretty.

You mean... Red Mud? silly

|

8/28/2018 4:06 AM

MotoMo165 wrote:

I pray it’s not because I would have spent 700 dollars to be muddy and see not so exciting racing sad

Gus wrote:

I hear ya, no one wants to drop that kind of money and time to see mud racing.

I doubt anybody that went to Unadilla in '87 regrets it because it was muddy.

|

8/28/2018 6:58 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Has there ever been a mud race at Red Bud?

Photo
Yeah it gets pretty muddy at Red Bud!
|

8/28/2018 8:12 AM

Mudders not exciting? I beg to differ. 87 Des Nations was one of the most exciting races I've ever seen! Photo

|

8/28/2018 8:15 AM

Gus wrote:

I know the GP riders are known for their expertise in the mud. Maybe I should clarify that given those facts that our team ...more

I agree both mud and sand is a benefit for international riders that race it more than we do here.

|