If Keefer races outdoors where does he finish?

4/8/2019 12:59pm
BroFoSho wrote:
A few years ago Brett Cue tried to qualify at Washougal and couldn't make the fast 40. Keefer will be in the unseeded practice with a...
A few years ago Brett Cue tried to qualify at Washougal and couldn't make the fast 40.

Keefer will be in the unseeded practice with a lot of young kids not afraid to hold the throttle wide open. It'll be cool if he makes it in... but that's also a big ask.
Cue said he had only been on the bike for a couple weeks off a broken pelvis and wasn't really ready to race.
4/8/2019 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 1:08pm
It's nearly impossible to compare times without being there in person and seeing the track conditions and moto ride times

BUT - at loretta's in 2017 keefer raced

http://lorettas17.tracksideresults.com/class.asp?c=197&e=1

If you compare all three motos - vs browny - we can get an idea where he possibly can be
In moto1 and 2 brown went nearly the same speed 1:59 and 2:00

Third moto the track was obviously tougher - with brown doing a 2:05

In the first moto Keefer was close - 2:03
Second he was 2:08
Third 2:15

Looking at A class - fastest laps were similar (who knows about condition - I was there that year and some motos were pretty muddy depending what time and day you rode)

That said in a class - all the way back to 15th is faster laps than keefer respectively when moto fast time was about same as brownie. The nationals are deeper than that. A local texas talent - curren thurman is blazing fast.
He top 5d 450 A At loretta's in 2018. At his 1 and only outdoor to date - he qualified around 20th.

I'd be impressed as all get out if Keefer can run curren's pace....that's just ridiculous at 40 (and possible)

So Im now going to say their is hope! If he rattles of a perfect lap when the track isn't totally hammered, I think he can squeak in.
early
Fantasy
2231st
4/8/2019 1:16pm
It's nearly impossible to compare times without being there in person and seeing the track conditions and moto ride times BUT - at loretta's in 2017...
It's nearly impossible to compare times without being there in person and seeing the track conditions and moto ride times

If you compare all three motos - vs browny - we can get an idea where he possibly can be

Looking at A class - fastest laps were similar (who knows about condition - I was there that year and some motos were pretty muddy depending what time and day you rode)

That said in a class - all the way back to 15th is faster laps than keefer respectively when moto fast time was about same as brownie. The nationals are deeper than that. A local texas talent - curren thurman is blazing fast.
He top 5d 450 A At loretta's in 2018. At his 1 and only outdoor to date - he qualified around 20th.

I'd be impressed as all get out if Keefer can run curren's pace....that's just ridiculous at 40 (and possible)

So Im now going to say their is hope! If he rattles of a perfect lap when the track isn't totally hammered, I think he can squeak in.
Keefer said he wasn't really prepared for the east coast dirt/rut conditions at Loretta's when he raced it. He should be more competitive at the California tracks, hopefully
4/8/2019 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 1:27pm
It's nearly impossible to compare times without being there in person and seeing the track conditions and moto ride times BUT - at loretta's in 2017...

early wrote:
Keefer said he wasn't really prepared for the east coast dirt/rut conditions at Loretta's when he raced it. He should be more competitive at the California...
Keefer said he wasn't really prepared for the east coast dirt/rut conditions at Loretta's when he raced it. He should be more competitive at the California tracks, hopefully
Loretta's is "soft" but by our stds its hardpack clay base

Much like hangtown looks to me along with highpoint, Muddy creek (gone) and freestone

Anyways - I think the cooler thing we should do for Keefer is have a "if he makes it fund"

Anyone want to start that up - little extra incentive for the guy?

The Shop

aees
4/8/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 1:32pm
If im not mistaken, Keefer was riding with Alex Ray not long ago. And he kept the same pace with ARay (Ray on a 250, going around some big jumps at Carsons catching up to Keefer on 450). Track is gona be smooth.

He was also hanging with Craig on Glen Helen was it?

Hangtown top 40 was 2.15 to 2.30. Thats a big spread. From 20-40 you had a gap of 2.24 to 2.30 for qualifications.

What would Brown be, top 20-25 for sure? I mean Brown was top 15 back in 2013, J Dowd like top 20. Add 4sec to that and Keefer should be easily in.
motox331
4/8/2019 1:47pm
Whats his PPM at these days? Should be a good gauge for his fitness.
St Ann More
4/8/2019 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 3:41pm

early wrote:
Keefer said he wasn't really prepared for the east coast dirt/rut conditions at Loretta's when he raced it. He should be more competitive at the California...
Loretta's is "soft" but by our stds its hardpack clay base Much like hangtown looks to me along with highpoint, Muddy creek (gone) and freestone Anyways...
Loretta's is "soft" but by our stds its hardpack clay base

Much like hangtown looks to me along with highpoint, Muddy creek (gone) and freestone

Anyways - I think the cooler thing we should do for Keefer is have a "if he makes it fund"

Anyone want to start that up - little extra incentive for the guy?
He shut down the "go-fund me" idea when a listener called in and suggested something similar on the show. Money doesn't appear to be his driving factor.

thall767
4/9/2019 12:05pm
In the points all 4 motos. Stamped
No Chance... Id put money down that he doesn't score any points.
4/9/2019 4:59pm
The “Real” Coop tried at 40+, former national champ, and did better than this Pulp promotion will ever do...... but I respect the effort and hope he does well!
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/9/2019 5:31pm
Is this a serious question? No points and not very likely he even qualifies.
Have you seen him ride lately? I haven't so don't have an opinion if he can qualify/how he would do, but just curious of those that say no chance if they have (especially from Ohio). Good luck Keefer!
4/9/2019 5:55pm
Is this a serious question? No points and not very likely he even qualifies.
yak651 wrote:
Have you seen him ride lately? I haven't so don't have an opinion if he can qualify/how he would do, but just curious of those that...
Have you seen him ride lately? I haven't so don't have an opinion if he can qualify/how he would do, but just curious of those that say no chance if they have (especially from Ohio). Good luck Keefer!
I didn't realize your demographic determined your ability to have an opinion. See that's the beauty of living in a free country. You have the opinion he'll make it and I have the opinion he doesn't. I say no because he's 40 years or older, never really had an outstanding career to begin with (relatively speaking) and testing bikes or racing locally or Loretta's is a lot different than knocking down moto's at a national track that you legitimately have to qualify at. That's just my opinion. Which is what questions on this website are looking for.
Paul333
4/10/2019 4:53pm
I read/watch everything Keefer puts out. The dude is simply outstanding. Obviously fast as well based on his Vet National Pro class results. I strongly prefer to read tests from riders who race. How else do I gauge a review?

I predict 18th(ish) in both motos.
mrs_piggy
5/28/2019 12:11pm
this didn't end well. lots of talk about what went wrong, etc, but ultimately he just couldn't keep up with kids a lot younger, a lot faster and probably just as fit.
5/28/2019 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2019 5:39pm
Paul333 wrote:
I read/watch everything Keefer puts out. The dude is simply outstanding. Obviously fast as well based on his Vet National Pro class results. I strongly prefer...
I read/watch everything Keefer puts out. The dude is simply outstanding. Obviously fast as well based on his Vet National Pro class results. I strongly prefer to read tests from riders who race. How else do I gauge a review?

5/28/2019 6:17pm
Paul333 wrote:
I read/watch everything Keefer puts out. The dude is simply outstanding. Obviously fast as well based on his Vet National Pro class results. I strongly prefer...

Aged well
IDMegaMoto
5/28/2019 8:17pm
I know he is disappointed by his end results, but I wish he knew how many people were inspired by his entire effort...from the way he prepared to the way he dealt with the reality of the level of competition. He showed himself as a very honorable guy...long after the relevance of these two race results have faded away...many, many people will still hold on to the new found respect for Kris Keefer. For that...he and his family should be very proud.
kkawboy14
5/28/2019 8:44pm
IDMegaMoto wrote:
I know he is disappointed by his end results, but I wish he knew how many people were inspired by his entire effort...from the way he...
I know he is disappointed by his end results, but I wish he knew how many people were inspired by his entire effort...from the way he prepared to the way he dealt with the reality of the level of competition. He showed himself as a very honorable guy...long after the relevance of these two race results have faded away...many, many people will still hold on to the new found respect for Kris Keefer. For that...he and his family should be very proud.
I down voted you! That was way to nice and positive!

Post a reply to: If Keefer races outdoors where does he finish?

The Latest