If Keefer races outdoors where does he finish?

Shawn142
4/4/2019 2:24pm
I'd put him on the level of a Mike Sleeter. They both ride a lot and do very well at the amateur nationals they attend, but the last several nationals Sleeter raced he struggled to qualify.
Jrewing
4/4/2019 2:43pm
Since his #homelife is good. 10-10 Huh
Well good point brought up. If he doesn’t qualify does that mean he’s all talk on his ‘poonani’ situation?
4/4/2019 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 3:00pm
I just want to see him qualify and finish every moto. 30min plus 2 in race mode is gonna be rough for the old man. Who knows though? I here his "home life" is solid so he should be good. We need to start a go fund me for keefer to get him into the baker factory and hope we have enough leftover to hire ryno as his mental coach. And take matthes out of the manager spot and put him out there with the wrenches and the pitboard.

The Shop

zehn
4/4/2019 3:24pm
Lol some of you guys are delusional
sailcpm
4/4/2019 3:34pm
Would be cool if he makes it in, but I think he will struggle to qualify. Rooting for him though! Maybe he can use all of us as motivation, since most of us think he won't make it.
4/4/2019 3:42pm
zehn wrote:
Lol some of you guys are delusional
It’s almost like many have no idea how fast the 40th place guy in a 450 National is, which isn’t all that surprising.
TeamGreen
4/4/2019 3:43pm
If this is for real...
If he's REALLY trying to do this?
He'll qualify (make it into the top 40/qualify for the Motos). That, in itself, is a Big Deal!
If he qualifies for Hangtown?
I'm buying him dinner at The Lazy Dog.
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
4/4/2019 8:16pm
I'll be rooting for him but let's get serious. 2017 Lorettas he went 3-8-8 in 40+. 4 seconds off fast lap of Brown, same times as 50+ yo John grewe. 6-5 at the 2018 world vet championships 30+

He'll need to be faster and in better shape. Qualifying top 30-35 would be a great accomplishment.
cappelmans
4/5/2019 12:06am
Please make a mini documentary of this. Would be awesome to see the behind the scene banter in the pits and during the race
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
4/5/2019 4:21am
He rides all the time, I'm sure he has paced himself against some of the fast pros, and I'm sure he's not doing this to embarrass himself.
I hope he does well, I will be rooting for him.
But like all us old dudes, it only takes a small injury while training to throw a spanner in the works. Hope he gets some good training in and stays healthy.
Good luck Keefer!
agn5009
4/5/2019 4:26am
Badd127 wrote:
He rides all the time, I'm sure he has paced himself against some of the fast pros, and I'm sure he's not doing this to embarrass...
He rides all the time, I'm sure he has paced himself against some of the fast pros, and I'm sure he's not doing this to embarrass himself.
But like all us old dudes, it only takes a small injury while training to throw a spanner in the works. Hope he gets some good training in and stays healthy.
Good luck Keefer!
He’s not going to “embarrass” himself. Everyone knows he’s extremely fast. He ain’t gonna be top 40 though. Its absolutely insane how disconnected with reality people are here.
Kris Keefer
4/5/2019 5:24am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2019 5:40am
Hey everyone! Just to be transparent I don’t blame anyone for thinking I’ll suck it up. I really don’t. I’m old, haven’t raced that much, and it must seem crazy that I wanted to do this. However... I’m not getting any younger and I wanted to give it a shot and this opportunity came up so “why not” take it. I also have a thirteen year old son that sees me ride, type, talk, answer emails, and create a job out of something I love. I want to try and set an example so in the future his brain will be wired to think that he can do anything he wants to if he works hard and stays humble (and not be that cool guy So.Cal kid). He’s very lucky his dad gets as much as he does and I let him know that nothing comes for free so in order to get that kind of shit, he has to work for everything he gets. If I do suck it up (which I plan on not doing) I want to show him that it’s ok to “fail” even when you put all your effort into something. This doesn’t mean he should give up and never chase something so big. Shit happens, we all fail at things in life, but don’t be scared to try becuase the fear of failing scares you away from doing something you love. I think I am better now than I was a year ago so we will see what happens next month! Hope to see some of you there. #165 #OldAss #FantasyKiller
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
4/5/2019 5:35am
Badd127 wrote:
He rides all the time, I'm sure he has paced himself against some of the fast pros, and I'm sure he's not doing this to embarrass...
Good luck Keefer!
agn5009 wrote:
He’s not going to “embarrass” himself. Everyone knows he’s extremely fast. He ain’t gonna be top 40 though. Its absolutely insane how disconnected with reality people...
He’s not going to “embarrass” himself. Everyone knows he’s extremely fast. He ain’t gonna be top 40 though. Its absolutely insane how disconnected with reality people are here.
When I say "he's not doing this to embarrass himself " it means, he knows he has speed and the ability to qualify.
It's the opposite of saying "he's going to embarrass himself!"
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
4/5/2019 5:39am
BOOM! Love ya’ Kris! You have this thing called life in perfect order!
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
4/5/2019 5:41am
Hey everyone! Just to be transparent I don’t blame anyone for thinking I’ll suck it up. I really don’t. I’m old, haven’t raced that much, and...
Hey everyone! Just to be transparent I don’t blame anyone for thinking I’ll suck it up. I really don’t. I’m old, haven’t raced that much, and it must seem crazy that I wanted to do this. However... I’m not getting any younger and I wanted to give it a shot and this opportunity came up so “why not” take it. I also have a thirteen year old son that sees me ride, type, talk, answer emails, and create a job out of something I love. I want to try and set an example so in the future his brain will be wired to think that he can do anything he wants to if he works hard and stays humble (and not be that cool guy So.Cal kid). He’s very lucky his dad gets as much as he does and I let him know that nothing comes for free so in order to get that kind of shit, he has to work for everything he gets. If I do suck it up (which I plan on not doing) I want to show him that it’s ok to “fail” even when you put all your effort into something. This doesn’t mean he should give up and never chase something so big. Shit happens, we all fail at things in life, but don’t be scared to try becuase the fear of failing scares you away from doing something you love. I think I am better now than I was a year ago so we will see what happens next month! Hope to see some of you there. #165 #OldAss #FantasyKiller
You are going to race a wicked bike against some of the fastest guys in the world, in front of your friends and family. No matter the results, I don't see how you could ever see a possibility of failure in that.
Good luck mate!
4/5/2019 7:15am
Hey everyone! Just to be transparent I don’t blame anyone for thinking I’ll suck it up. I really don’t. I’m old, haven’t raced that much, and...
Good luck Kris! I'll be rooting for ya.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/5/2019 7:29am
I’ll put down $20 he beats Justin Hill in a moto.
milliebays wrote:
This. stamp it.
You guys are either very down on Hill or think very highly of Keefer.

There's no way he beats Justin Hill, you guys are delusional Laughing
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/5/2019 7:39am
milliebays wrote:
This. stamp it.

He said in a moto. Think he was referencing the fact that Hill will DNF a moto.
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/5/2019 8:47am

You're assuming Hill shows up for the outdoors
4/5/2019 1:38pm
milliebays wrote:
This. stamp it.

Have you seen Justin Hill ride outdoors?

Shit thats all Keefer does is ride out doors.
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
4/5/2019 1:49pm
Well said! It's awesome that you're racing. Would be even better if you race Redbud! Give the kids hell and have fun!
thehero
4/5/2019 2:17pm
doesn't make it out of time practice! His speed is not there
TeamGreen
4/5/2019 2:29pm
thehero wrote:
doesn't make it out of time practice! His speed is not there
F.O.N.D.
RexEasely
4/7/2019 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 9:29pm
His wife said 13th on the podcast. What a supporting wife. I look forward to watching his journey. I think his journey is more important than his finish. His son will have a lasting memory of his dad doing something over the top bad ass.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/7/2019 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 9:31pm
milliebays wrote:
This. stamp it.

I don't know how many podiums outdoors Keefer has....

RexEasely
4/8/2019 12:17am

I don't know how many podiums outdoors Keefer has.... [img]https://i.gyazo.com/c25c1c7953bab56be614f061563e4eb3.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/95595365bfb15304f1acabf11457d701.png[/img]
I don't know how many podiums outdoors Keefer has....

Hill will be top 10 for sure.
BroFoSho
4/8/2019 12:36pm
A few years ago Brett Cue tried to qualify at Washougal and couldn't make the fast 40.

Keefer will be in the unseeded practice with a lot of young kids not afraid to hold the throttle wide open. It'll be cool if he makes it in... but that's also a big ask.

Post a reply to: If Keefer races outdoors where does he finish?

The Latest