If I were to move to California ?

Excaliburbmx
10/30/2014 8:12pm
We are going to do this next year and I am glad for all the responses and keep this post rolling.

If I move out and things don't go my way and I want to bail I will not move back to Indiana.

I am just wanting to pay two years rent up front when we move out there. Some people want nice big houses and new vehicles I buy used vehicles and pay cash. The whole family two daughters and wife race bmx race mx and ride mtb. We keep good house but will find a decent house on the outskirts of some of the towns listed in this thread.
We will come out there soon and spend a few weeks checking it out.
brocster
10/30/2014 8:57pm
We are going to do this next year and I am glad for all the responses and keep this post rolling. If I move out and...
We are going to do this next year and I am glad for all the responses and keep this post rolling.

If I move out and things don't go my way and I want to bail I will not move back to Indiana.

I am just wanting to pay two years rent up front when we move out there. Some people want nice big houses and new vehicles I buy used vehicles and pay cash. The whole family two daughters and wife race bmx race mx and ride mtb. We keep good house but will find a decent house on the outskirts of some of the towns listed in this thread.
We will come out there soon and spend a few weeks checking it out.
that's awesome...so many folk think that keeping up with the jones are the key to live when actually it's quite the opposite...go through a divorce and pay child support through the nose and you will quickly find out the difference between wants and needs the kicker being a big house is definitely not a need!
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
10/30/2014 10:09pm
ob wrote:
I left Portland OR 6 months ago. Now I live in Carlsbad. I AM NOT GOING BACK!
Cygnus wrote:
I have been considering Carlsbad too. Lots of good surf from there down to cabo.
Carlsbad/Encinitas is the only place in SoCal I would ever consider moving to. My sister and her family live there now (and I've been going down there since I could barely walk) and it's the amazing, but I would have to make pretty good money to even afford living there. It's not very moto friendly though since all the tracks are much further north.

The Shop

Excaliburbmx
11/18/2014 3:35pm
It is 20 degrees for the high today in Indiana. Snow and ice not alot but some. Going to slightly warm up this weekend but rain.

I am unfortunatly looking at this for at least 4-5 months.

Lets hear what its like in So Cal?
activeMX
11/18/2014 3:56pm
It is 20 degrees for the high today in Indiana. Snow and ice not alot but some. Going to slightly warm up this weekend but rain...
It is 20 degrees for the high today in Indiana. Snow and ice not alot but some. Going to slightly warm up this weekend but rain.

I felt a slight chill leaving for work this morning and put on a sweater; then I got too warm wearing it this afternoon.

Life's a beach here....I mean it's a bitch.

Like, where am I supposed to put this sweater now?
Skippie
11/18/2014 3:59pm
It is 20 degrees for the high today in Indiana. Snow and ice not alot but some. Going to slightly warm up this weekend but rain...

75 hear and not a lick of wind.
11/18/2014 4:23pm

Excalibur,

I can't believe it, but I read most of these post. Whoa. Lots of post. I 1st wanted to say, "Oh dude, this guy has no idea. Cali is expensive!" , but then everyone told you. You still want to come. Then they said Norcal was this and SoCal was that. Traffic, etc. You said you're still in. Dude, I've changed my mind about you. You got spunk. Do it! Come to Cali!

Here's my short two cent. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, have a million relatives in Sacramento, and lived in San Fernando Valley in SoCal.

You don't want Norcal. Norcal is for normal Californians. It's ccol with nice weather. You want SoCal. SoCal is just a couple years ahead of Sacramento when it comes to fads and all that. Temecula would be a good place. San Diego would also be cool. Riverside. Good luck on the adventure. It should be really fun.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
11/18/2014 5:21pm
It was 51 degrees on the way to work yesterday morning in San Diego! aka, cold as fuck! Laughing
rolandk
11/18/2014 7:46pm
ob wrote:
You are my HERO!!! I was stationed at Camp Pendleton back in the 80's and lived in Carlsbsad/Oceanside. I always dreamed of moving back some day but there are no jobs in my line of work (electronics tech).
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
11/18/2014 10:23pm
ob wrote:
rolandk wrote:
You are my HERO!!! I was stationed at Camp Pendleton back in the 80's and lived in Carlsbsad/Oceanside. I always dreamed of moving back some day...
You are my HERO!!! I was stationed at Camp Pendleton back in the 80's and lived in Carlsbsad/Oceanside. I always dreamed of moving back some day but there are no jobs in my line of work (electronics tech).
I came down to LA this summer for work, at first I was bummed at the start because it was so hot, but now the ground is frozen in Portland and it's 75f here. Can't beat the year round sun... ;-)
robkinuk
11/19/2014 12:43am
Torco1 wrote:
Your best bet would be either Inglewood or Crenshaw, you can get a decent rental for pretty cheap in both of those cities. The owners of...
Your best bet would be either Inglewood or Crenshaw, you can get a decent rental for pretty cheap in both of those cities. The owners of Renthal actually began the business in Crenshaw.....that's how the company name came about. They wanted to pay tribute to the city that was a hub for moto back in the 70's and the best word they could think of that rhymed with Crenshaw was Renthal. True story....
What a load of crap. Renthal was formed in England by the late Andrew Renshaw and Henry Rosenthal hence RENTHAL.
Haven't read all eight pages of this thread to see if anyone else has corrected you but couldn't let this go!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
11/19/2014 1:09am
Torco1 wrote:
Your best bet would be either Inglewood or Crenshaw, you can get a decent rental for pretty cheap in both of those cities. The owners of...
Your best bet would be either Inglewood or Crenshaw, you can get a decent rental for pretty cheap in both of those cities. The owners of Renthal actually began the business in Crenshaw.....that's how the company name came about. They wanted to pay tribute to the city that was a hub for moto back in the 70's and the best word they could think of that rhymed with Crenshaw was Renthal. True story....
robkinuk wrote:
What a load of crap. Renthal was formed in England by the late Andrew Renshaw and Henry Rosenthal hence RENTHAL. Haven't read all eight pages of...
What a load of crap. Renthal was formed in England by the late Andrew Renshaw and Henry Rosenthal hence RENTHAL.
Haven't read all eight pages of this thread to see if anyone else has corrected you but couldn't let this go!
Laughing I'm 56.7½% certain he was joking... True story.
FIREfish148
11/19/2014 1:23am
Indiana; the not so good. Crime is climbing bad police are everywhere 5 mph over and your getting a ticket water bills 100 bucks gas 3.00...
Indiana; the not so good.

Crime is climbing bad
police are everywhere 5 mph over and your getting a ticket
water bills 100 bucks
gas 3.00 a gal right now
rent 1000.00 a month 3 br 1000sqft
bmx racing very small turnouts and 8 month season
indoor tracks 2/3 hr drive
mx tracks 2/3 hr drive odd hours
4 months of winter
road construction never ends in every major hiway for no reason
sounds like the seattle area. except the gas here is like 3.20 a gallon and i'm paying 1,210/month for a 1 bedroom apartment. you want to live somewhere cool you gotta pay a little extra. personally if i was going to move to cali i would move to central or northern cali.
robkinuk
11/19/2014 3:38am
Torco1 wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
What a load of crap. Renthal was formed in England by the late Andrew Renshaw and Henry Rosenthal hence RENTHAL. Haven't read all eight pages of...
EZZA 95B wrote:
Laughing I'm 56.7½% certain he was joking... True story.
Shared this with Henry and Rees at Renthal. They found it very amusing!

Did you know that Rob Kinsey Art was named in memory of Doctor Kinsey, who wrote the Kinsey Sex Report in the 60's which blew the lid off what people actually got up to in the bedroom and shocked many puritanical Americans?........true story!WinkTongueLaughing
11/19/2014 3:52am
I laugh when I c guys in socal riding in sweatshirts , yesterday I stripped my new 15 250sx in the driveway and it was mid 30's!!! totally SUCKED!! but love my dirtbike, and love nj. I just hate jan,feb, march!!! lol
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/29/2019 9:55am

Did you ever go ?
Im California dreaming right now From Minnesota
Its way way Below Zero Here today
They just said on the News that its not safe to be outside for more than 4 minutes lol
I wanna Come party in Temecula!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/29/2019 10:22am

Tarz483 wrote:
Did you ever go ? Im California dreaming right now From Minnesota Its way way Below Zero Here today They just said on the News that...
Did you ever go ?
Im California dreaming right now From Minnesota
Its way way Below Zero Here today
They just said on the News that its not safe to be outside for more than 4 minutes lol
I wanna Come party in Temecula!
Have a family friend in MN but it stationed over in Poland right now. He posted that the schools are closed and it's supposed to get down to -60. Crazy stuff man! It was 72 here in So Cal yesterday and 5 days of rain in the forecast. Desert will be prime this weekend and I think I'm taking the bike out to enjoy it!
Mossy
1/29/2019 11:05am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2019 11:09am
Isn’t Florida going to be the new SoCal? Lol, for real though, Moto is thriving in FL from what I hear. Cool Come the end of this year I’ll be able to rent my house out and move somewhere else. The only problem with Florida for me is no mountains theirfore no skiing Unsure and the problem with Cali is being on the other side of the country from all my family...Meh, when I am finally skilled enough to get a junior developer position at the end of this year those are definitely 2 places I’m looking at Wink

Btw, California’s new mandatory $1000 fine for exhaust that is “too loud” pissed me off Grinning I like loud shit weather it’s a 4 banger Honda, V8 Camaro, or coal rolling Cummins Tongue Though I’m sure I could put up with a dumb law for a couple years and enjoy the epicness of Californian landscape and weather.

Worst come to worst I’ll end up between DC and Florida. South Carolina wouldn’t be too bad. I gotta be on a coastal state and I’m not even a beach nut, I just can’t imagine being states away from a beach Grinning

Edit: Forgot to say, I hope the OP made it out there or to wherever he would’ve liked to go and made his dreams come true.
Rhody
1/29/2019 11:23am
Hell, I'm going the other way. I moved to CA 10 years ago, and I'm heading back east. Ridiculous cost of living, insane traffic, too many people, and too many of them are just horrible, insane politics. I'm done with the state, the weather isn't worth it. I don't mountain bike anymore because it's a PITA to get to the trails. A lot of my friends who are natives have left or are leaving, so why should I stay. Oh yean more new laws every year, and CA does not stand for the American way so it can go to hell.
numba1 fan
1/29/2019 12:07pm
Temecula use to be the spot but now it has so much traffic and rent/housing costs are much higher. I would recommend Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Wildomar, Sun city. Moreno Valley has low cost of living and its kinda ghetto but its close to alot of tracks, mountain biking and an hour from Big Bear.
Wade221
1/29/2019 12:11pm
I’m 36 and about to retire in 8 months. The plan was always to move back to NorCal after retirement. Now I have no clue where i want to go! My parents are about to leave, too. Boise was on the short list, but apparently “Californians aren’t welcome” or something.. Currently in the PNW, but not a super fan of the constant rain/limited winter riding
RandyS
1/29/2019 12:38pm
Wade221 wrote:
I’m 36 and about to retire in 8 months. The plan was always to move back to NorCal after retirement. Now I have no clue where...
I’m 36 and about to retire in 8 months. The plan was always to move back to NorCal after retirement. Now I have no clue where i want to go! My parents are about to leave, too. Boise was on the short list, but apparently “Californians aren’t welcome” or something.. Currently in the PNW, but not a super fan of the constant rain/limited winter riding
You at Beale? California is a cesspool of liberalisms damage. The only reason we're still here is a mother and mother in law that need us close. Otherwise we'd be long gone.
Wade221
1/29/2019 12:48pm
Wade221 wrote:
I’m 36 and about to retire in 8 months. The plan was always to move back to NorCal after retirement. Now I have no clue where...
RandyS wrote:
You at Beale? California is a cesspool of liberalisms damage. The only reason we're still here is a mother and mother in law that need us...
You at Beale? California is a cesspool of liberalisms damage. The only reason we're still here is a mother and mother in law that need us close. Otherwise we'd be long gone.
No, dad was at Beale many years ago, and retired from Marysville Post Office, that’s why we were in YC. I’m not in the Air Force
Rhody
1/29/2019 12:50pm
Wade221 wrote:
I can't see why Californians aren't welcome in Boise, since it seems like 75% of Boise IS from CA. They just don't want any new Californians, because it is turning into CA without the ocean.
Flesh206
1/29/2019 12:57pm
If you have to move to California, move to a red state instead.
Wade221
1/29/2019 1:01pm
I’m just gonna move to Folkston, GA so I can help Harry Bro upkeep his track!
motoman617
1/29/2019 1:03pm
I was born and raised in the Oxnard/Ventura area. Growing up in this area was great. We were close to riding areas and close enough to Los Angeles for anything else you might want to do. We still have a lot of good things here and great weather but I am thinking about leaving. I just retired Jan 1 and have some options. I recently inherited a house here in Ventura ( no mortgage) and have another house in Oxnard ( also no mortgage) if I stay here I plan on selling the house in Oxnard and live in the Ventura house. Selling both I could go out of state and find a nice place for a decent price and live very comfortably. My sister lives in Ontario Oregon and I would like to live closer to her and her family but just not sure. It is hard to leave somewhere you have lived your whole life.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
1/29/2019 1:26pm
I hope you don’t like using straws

Post a reply to: If I were to move to California ?

The Latest