If I was stupid rich and crazy as hell

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2018 1:51 PM

So if I was bored with Supercross/MX racing because it's kind of like watching paint dry anymore and had so much money I didn't know what to do with so stupidly I started a race team. I searched out and found some big name riders that were bored as well and looking for a new challenge along with the fat contract I was willing to pay, would the AMA rules allow me to race 2 strokes? 125's in the 250 4 stroke class and 250's in the 450 class? I don't watch motorcross racing much anymore so I don't follow the rules to know if someone is actually doing this or not.

Personally as good at the 2 strokes are anymore (especially if the displacement could be increased just 50 cc's) you could field a competitive team as long as you can have the same traction controls, ect the 4 strokes have there just isn't anyone crazy enough to field a team and no riders dumb enough to take the challenge. But if the money was right, I bet a number of riders would try.

Does Yamaha, KTM or Husky have a two stroke registered with the AMA to race the major series?

|

1/12/2018 1:57 PM

welcome to the dumbgeon

|

1/12/2018 2:07 PM

Motorcross

|

1/12/2018 2:12 PM

Photo

|

1/12/2018 2:16 PM

Photo

|

1/12/2018 2:17 PM

Rockinar wrote: Photo

OP's definitely a product of legal weed in Oregon. smile

|

1/12/2018 2:17 PM

...or ,2 chicks at the same time.

|

1/12/2018 2:18 PM

If i was rich id be dead from too much cocain and hookers.

|

1/12/2018 2:18 PM

You seem to have the crazy as hell part down .

|

1/12/2018 2:28 PM

It passed 4:20 while I read this. So yes, I will ride for you anymore.

|

1/12/2018 2:28 PM

|

1/12/2018 2:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 2:55 PM

crazy stupid rich- start a new series. Have a good payout at each round. Allow pipes and wheels on the bikes. Everything else stock. Suspension can be done, but no works stuff. Oversized front rotors allowed. Let them race! Bonus for finishing in top 5 on a 2stroke

Edit: Suspension would be limited to what any average joe could buy through enzo, factory connection etc.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/12/2018 2:34 PM

Rockinar wrote:

laughing laughing laughing laughing this movie never gets old.
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/12/2018 2:40 PM

MR. X wrote:

...or ,2 chicks at the same time.

Photo
|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/12/2018 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 2:49 PM

You CAN race any bike that's been homolgated on the last 5(?) years. The biggest screwing for the 2T crowd is the Fuel Rule.

So, to answer the OP's question: Yes! You could do it.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/12/2018 3:05 PM

LOVEMYCR500 wrote:

So if I was bored with Supercross/MX racing because it's kind of like watching paint dry anymore and had so much money I didn't know what to do with so stupidly I started a race team. I searched out and found some big name riders that were bored as well and looking for a new challenge along with the fat contract I was willing to pay, would the AMA rules allow me to race 2 strokes? 125's in the 250 4 stroke class and 250's in the 450 class? I don't watch motorcross racing much anymore so I don't follow the rules to know if someone is actually doing this or not.

Personally as good at the 2 strokes are anymore (especially if the displacement could be increased just 50 cc's) you could field a competitive team as long as you can have the same traction controls, ect the 4 strokes have there just isn't anyone crazy enough to field a team and no riders dumb enough to take the challenge. But if the money was right, I bet a number of riders would try.

Does Yamaha, KTM or Husky have a two stroke registered with the AMA to race the major series?

KTM and Husqvarna, no Yamahas......

http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/2018/Bulletins/AMA%20Bulletin%20SX%202018%2001%20SX%20Approved%20Motorcycles.pdf

|

1/12/2018 3:14 PM

|

1/12/2018 3:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

You CAN race any bike that's been homolgated on the last 5(?) years. The biggest screwing for the 2T crowd is the Fuel Rule.

So, to answer the OP's question: Yes! You could do it.

Whoa man. We don’t need to be throwing around the homo word. It’s in bad taste.

|

1/12/2018 3:30 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

You CAN race any bike that's been homolgated on the last 5(?) years. The biggest screwing for the 2T crowd is the Fuel Rule.

So, to answer the OP's question: Yes! You could do it.

IWreckALot wrote:

Whoa man. We don’t need to be throwing around the homo word. It’s in bad taste.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/12/2018 3:37 PM

|

1/12/2018 4:03 PM

really something to ponder.

|

1/12/2018 4:09 PM

Are you not from America? Just wondering because the way you place “anymore” in your sentences is a way I have never seen before.

|

1/12/2018 4:44 PM

That’s a lot of if’s you just threw out there.

|

1/12/2018 4:50 PM

LOVEMYCR500 wrote:

So if I was bored with Supercross/MX racing because it's kind of like watching paint dry anymore and had so much money I didn't know what to do with so stupidly I started a race team. I searched out and found some big name riders that were bored as well and looking for a new challenge along with the fat contract I was willing to pay, would the AMA rules allow me to race 2 strokes? 125's in the 250 4 stroke class and 250's in the 450 class? I don't watch motorcross racing much anymore so I don't follow the rules to know if someone is actually doing this or not.

Personally as good at the 2 strokes are anymore (especially if the displacement could be increased just 50 cc's) you could field a competitive team as long as you can have the same traction controls, ect the 4 strokes have there just isn't anyone crazy enough to field a team and no riders dumb enough to take the challenge. But if the money was right, I bet a number of riders would try.

Does Yamaha, KTM or Husky have a two stroke registered with the AMA to race the major series?

There is a fee to get bikes homologated, KTM and Husky have paid it for the 2 strokes, Yamaha has chosen not to.

|

1/12/2018 4:53 PM

drt410 wrote:

Are you not from America? Just wondering because the way you place “anymore” in your sentences is a way I have never seen before.

Everyone does that anymore

|

1/12/2018 5:00 PM

A "crazy as hell " fool and his money are soon parted. Eventually...

|

1/12/2018 5:37 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

You CAN race any bike that's been homolgated on the last 5(?) years. The biggest screwing for the 2T crowd is the Fuel Rule.

So, to answer the OP's question: Yes! You could do it.

IWreckALot wrote:

Whoa man. We don’t need to be throwing around the homo word. It’s in bad taste.

Ha!

Homolgated
Screwing
You could do it!

|

1/12/2018 5:38 PM

mac3-d wrote:

Dated 12/20/2018

Wow, so no 2019 models will be eligible to race SX in 2019?? I wonder if KTM will even build FE's next year. And I guess no electrics will be appearing then either! Fascinating.

We can sure have fun with this obvious mistake but it tends to underscore the continuing ineptitude of proAMA.

|

1/12/2018 8:24 PM

I drive a lot for work and get to have these "if I was a millionaire" thoughts to myself a lot. This is not a dumb question- but fun to think about.




I need a new career.

|

Motorcrosser