If Dungey...

RG1
12/23/2015 12:24pm
Dezerted wrote:
Yes really...

It's fact and could be proven but motocross fans in general are like ostriches, heads burried in sand
Prove it then
zehn
12/23/2015 1:04pm
zehn wrote:
IMO Villo only won 2011 SX and MX because Dungey was on a Zook, but that's just me
peelout wrote:
and then you have the group saying he didn't win '12, '13, or '14 because he was on a KTM. RV was a bad dude, and...
and then you have the group saying he didn't win '12, '13, or '14 because he was on a KTM.

RV was a bad dude, and RD is still a bad dude.

Kenny for the '16 SX championship (on that Zook) Wink
Peel you know what I mean man. The mechanicals basically took those championships away from Dungey.
Juss
12/23/2015 1:25pm
Dungey who's that guy?
BobbyM
12/23/2015 1:49pm
Is holding the #1 plate in Vegas/round 12, what more does he have to do to be considered the best? The guy has battled it out...
Is holding the #1 plate in Vegas/round 12, what more does he have to do to be considered the best? The guy has battled it out with just about everyone aside from MC and RC, and this year is starting out as "The most stacked season ever." Although I'd like to see Kenny win it, it'd be great to see Dungey wrap up another championship. He seems to be overshadowed by his competitors each season despite his accomplishments.

Are championships what determine who's the best or is it who they had to go through to get that championship?

And Merry Christmas Vital!
Before it's all over and said and done, Dungey will go down as one of the best ever. How can he not be considered one of the best even at this point baffles me.

The Shop

BobbyM
12/23/2015 1:50pm
Deetsmx wrote:
I like dungey, but 2015 would have been just like the previous few years if villopoto was there.
He might have looped out at A1...who knows?
BobbyM
12/23/2015 1:58pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I find this to be a pretty dramatic moment and provides plenty of "flare" [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/12/23/116508/s1200_ryandungey_moto2_6.jpg[/img]
I find this to be a pretty dramatic moment and provides plenty of "flare"

Man... Michelle is hardcore right there. Kick ass photo no doubt.
Crush
12/23/2015 2:27pm
Dezerted wrote:
That Aldon is the best trainer......

At beating drug tests
Crush wrote:
Really?!
Dezerted wrote:
Yes really...

It's fact and could be proven but motocross fans in general are like ostriches, heads burried in sand
Please.

Post this proof.
12/23/2015 2:33pm
uk125250 wrote:
He's not even close to RC. He dominated for years. Dungey wins with consistency. I don't think anyone would argue that both guys in their prime...
He's not even close to RC. He dominated for years. Dungey wins with consistency. I don't think anyone would argue that both guys in their prime that Dungey is faster.
Yep. Carmichael was/is the fastest racer outdoors the sport has ever had.
But Dungey is the total package too.. super fast...super consistant...super naturally talented, smart as heck...plus he's a class act and a real man that humbly gives thanks to God.. what more needs to be done.
davistld01
12/23/2015 2:49pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I find this to be a pretty dramatic moment and provides plenty of "flare" [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/12/23/116508/s1200_ryandungey_moto2_6.jpg[/img]
I find this to be a pretty dramatic moment and provides plenty of "flare"

BobbyM wrote:
Man... Michelle is hardcore right there. Kick ass photo no doubt.
He may not have the flair and style that guys like RC, JS7 and Villopoto have had...but this scenario proved that Ryan Dungey has one thing that gives him an advantage over most other riders who might be faster on occasion than he is...Dungey has HEART.
struth
12/23/2015 2:56pm
Wtf all the riders have heart.
Zracer
12/23/2015 3:47pm
BobbyM wrote:
Before it's all over and said and done, Dungey will go down as one of the best ever. How can he not be considered one of...
Before it's all over and said and done, Dungey will go down as one of the best ever. How can he not be considered one of the best even at this point baffles me.
Some of you guys are pretty off base.... How can Dungey not solidly be in the top 10 all time,even if he never races again... WTF? He has already surpassed Reed and Stewart on my list.
bob567
12/23/2015 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2015 6:51am
Fan boys. Hero worshipers. My guy is better than your guy crap. Can't we just watch the races and let THEM sort it out?
BobPA
12/23/2015 3:54pm
uk125250 wrote:
He's not even close to RC. He dominated for years. Dungey wins with consistency. I don't think anyone would argue that both guys in their prime...
He's not even close to RC. He dominated for years. Dungey wins with consistency. I don't think anyone would argue that both guys in their prime that Dungey is faster.
Yep. Carmichael was/is the fastest racer outdoors the sport has ever had. But Dungey is the total package too.. super fast...super consistant...super naturally talented, smart as...
But Dungey is the total package too.. super fast...super consistant...super naturally talented, smart as heck...plus he's a class act and a real man that humbly gives thanks to God.. what more needs to be done.
He needs to leave God out of it, but that's just me Wink

I don't think we will ever see someone match his consistency....the dude did not even tip over during a night show in SX last year..
Juss
12/23/2015 4:13pm
Dude will always be there at the end. Is he the fastest? Hell no, but what does that matter when he is the last guy standing. Will he ever be considered better than RV? Hell no!! How could he? RV owned him for 4 strait years. How can he ever live that down?
MR. X
12/23/2015 4:58pm
Dezerted wrote:
That Aldon is the best trainer......

At beating drug tests
Tony ? Hows mike's training for SX coming along?
Dezerted
12/23/2015 5:04pm
Crush wrote:
Really?!
Dezerted wrote:
Yes really...

Crush wrote:
Please.

Post this proof.
Pull your head out of your ass
Crush
12/23/2015 5:19pm
Dezerted wrote:
Yes really...

Crush wrote:
Please.

Post this proof.
Dezerted wrote:
Yeah... They're all on roids! GET EM!

How's about, if you're gonna spout shit that is so easily proven, then prove it.

Otherwise you're basically saying RC, Townley, JS, Rattray, RV, Weimer, Bagget, Roczen, Dungey, Marvin, Anderson and Ciancurulo are all drug cheats. And I don't believe it for a second, nor do I have a reason too. Some of them have succeeded, some have failed...
12/23/2015 6:12pm
uk125250 wrote:
Yep. Carmichael was/is the fastest racer outdoors the sport has ever had. But Dungey is the total package too.. super fast...super consistant...super naturally talented, smart as...
BobPA wrote:
He needs to leave God out of it, but that's just me ;) I don't think we will ever see someone match his consistency....the dude did...

I don't think we will ever see someone match his consistency....the dude did not even tip over during a night show in SX last year..
Why does he need to leave God out of it? Does him giving thanks and credit to God offend you?
kiwifan
12/23/2015 7:38pm
Although I am not a KTM fan I have massive respect for Dungey, he deserves everyone one of his titles.....respect
BobPA
12/23/2015 7:48pm
BobPA wrote:
He needs to leave God out of it, but that's just me ;) I don't think we will ever see someone match his consistency....the dude did...

Why does he need to leave God out of it? Does him giving thanks and credit to God offend you?
Offend no, but there is a time and place for it...and IMO an SX podium is not it.

Does not make me respect his riding ability any less...
Dezerted
12/23/2015 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2015 8:31pm
Crush wrote:
Please.

Post this proof.
Dezerted wrote:
Crush wrote:
Yeah... They're all on roids! GET EM! How's about, if you're gonna spout shit that is so easily proven, then prove it. Otherwise you're basically saying...

How's about, if you're gonna spout shit that is so easily proven, then prove it.

Otherwise you're basically saying RC, Townley, JS, Rattray, RV, Weimer, Bagget, Roczen, Dungey, Marvin, Anderson and Ciancurulo are all drug cheats. And I don't believe it for a second, nor do I have a reason too. Some of them have succeeded, some have failed...
Drugs don't guarantee success and who said anything about steroids? You guys keep living in that fantasy land.. People involved know, fans don't want to hear.
MR. X
12/23/2015 8:47pm
I'm still waiting to see this proof you have .
Crush
12/24/2015 12:06am
Dezerted wrote:
Crush wrote:
Yeah... They're all on roids! GET EM! How's about, if you're gonna spout shit that is so easily proven, then prove it. Otherwise you're basically saying...

Dezerted wrote:
Drugs don't guarantee success and who said anything about steroids? You guys keep living in that fantasy land.. People involved know, fans don't want to hear.
Not living in any fantasy land mate, just not up for people saying this shit is fact when in fact they can't or won't prove shit.

Put up or shut up. If they are, great, good for you and whoever says so, but you don't gain anything by carrying on like this otherwise, it just sounds like the words of bitter pussholes who's riders or they couldn't beat Aldon's guys... who, coincidentally, all won a lot before Aldon too..

Merry christmas!!!!
walleyeguy
12/24/2015 5:14am
walleyeguy wrote:
I'm not taking anything from the RD here but I'll put $50 up that he isn't the SX champ in '16.
I'll be back in May for my 50 bucks
Deal then?
walleyeguy
12/24/2015 5:18am
Oh wait.....you create another account the DAY you make a bet? That way you can "disappear " in may? That shows confidense. Nevermind.
Dezerted
12/24/2015 6:34am
Crush wrote:

Dezerted wrote:
Crush wrote:
Not living in any fantasy land mate, just not up for people saying this shit is fact when in fact they can't or won't prove shit...
Not living in any fantasy land mate, just not up for people saying this shit is fact when in fact they can't or won't prove shit.

Put up or shut up. If they are, great, good for you and whoever says so, but you don't gain anything by carrying on like this otherwise, it just sounds like the words of bitter pussholes who's riders or they couldn't beat Aldon's guys... who, coincidentally, all won a lot before Aldon too..

Merry christmas!!!!
Merry Christmas..
Krazyk2774
12/24/2015 8:18am
The is no point arguing the number of titles Dungey has / will accomplish before he retires because he's going to have a shit load – and...
The is no point arguing the number of titles Dungey has / will accomplish before he retires because he's going to have a shit load – and that is nothing short of impressive.

What Dungey lacks – to no fault of his own – is the flare that makes mortal men remembered as gods. He's never had a single moment to pinpoint his greatness but a collection of accomplishments that define his career. He's never taken down a goliath, he's never dominated the field leaving everyone scratching their heads at what happened, and personally he's never really done anything (outside of winning a lot of championships) that's made me yell, "how the fuck did he do that?!" at the tv.

I don't want to discredit Dungey's accomplishments because he's done far more than nearly everyone else that has ever existed in the sport but he just doesn't have "it". Carmichael has "it", Stewart has "it", Villopoto has "it", and I think as long as they stay healthy both Webb and Tomac have "it".

I'll leave everyone with this:

I believe we'd see Carmichael, Stewart, Villo, Webb, and Tomac hurtle the fence... I feel like Dungey would try to build another erector set.
He has had a couple moments that define greatness....

davistld01
12/24/2015 8:27am
struth wrote:
To an extent. A lot of riders would have thrown their helmets on the ground and had a fit if what happened to RD had happened to them. Just because you're a pro doesn't mean you have character. Just saying...
12/24/2015 9:56am
struth wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
To an extent. A lot of riders would have thrown their helmets on the ground and had a fit if what happened to RD had happened...
To an extent. A lot of riders would have thrown their helmets on the ground and had a fit if what happened to RD had happened to them. Just because you're a pro doesn't mean you have character. Just saying...
RV sitting on the tuff block and not even bothering to get back on the bike when he crashed in the heat race Jacksonville 2011 comes to mind. Then he redeemed it Toronto 2014...
TDeath21
12/24/2015 7:59pm
Do you mean the best as in best ever? Surely you can't believe that.

Post a reply to: If Dungey...

The Latest