If Chad goes to Honda

motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:38am
He will give them some good press / sponsorship coverage for the Villo / Stewart / Reed / Dungey / Grant Sx battle this coming season
|
hillbilly
9/1/2009 3:30am
he will be sorry,the red bike hhas geometry trouble that will take him 6 months to sort out,
Kinetic1
9/1/2009 3:35am
They will move from being a third fourth or fifth place team to a second place team? LOL
Chad will give them a win or two I'm sure.
Snapper
9/1/2009 4:21am
Its a slap in Suzukis face if he does.....
bobby397
9/1/2009 4:37am
Snapper wrote:
how is it a slap in suzuki's face? he wanted to stay and they had a chance to keep him. suzuki's fought, not chad's.

The Shop

mx317
9/1/2009 4:38am
He may want to stay at Suzuki, but can't. Who knows (but him and Suzuk)i if they can pay anywhere near what he is worth.
Devil1nNj
9/1/2009 4:38am
How is Chad btw?
I missed any updates if there was any. Looked like he just rung his bell.
Hope he's lining up at Steel City his constancy with moto/main starts is pretty sick.
SMITH201
9/1/2009 4:43am
I hear they have improved the 2010 CRF450. I think he will do just as well, if not better.
Preset
9/1/2009 5:12am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2009 5:17am
Devil1nNj wrote:
How is Chad btw? I missed any updates if there was any. Looked like he just rung his bell. Hope he's lining up at Steel City...
How is Chad btw?
Hope he's lining up at Steel City his constancy with moto/main starts is pretty sick.
Shenzi posted at the Country club that he was at the MotoGP the day after hanging out with Burner and getting doubled around the track on one of those tandem bikes so I would say you are right and he just rang his bell.
Snapper
9/1/2009 7:36am
Snapper wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
how is it a slap in suzuki's face? he wanted to stay and they had a chance to keep him. suzuki's fought, not chad's.
Because they were the only team to offer him a ride for this year. Maybe he should show a little loyalty to Suzuki.

The amount of praise that he gives the team and deCoster you would think that he'd stay there.

If he had any sense he'd stay at Suzuki.....
ninety3
9/1/2009 7:43am
Heard all the same stuff about RC when he left Kawi, and again when he went to Suzuki.
When will people learn, it's not about the bike.
toroP
9/1/2009 7:47am
Snapper wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
Snapper wrote:
Because they were the only team to offer him a ride for this year. Maybe he should show a little loyalty to Suzuki. The amount of...
Because they were the only team to offer him a ride for this year. Maybe he should show a little loyalty to Suzuki.

The amount of praise that he gives the team and deCoster you would think that he'd stay there.

jeez, did Suzuki make him an offer for 2010? Was it a competitive offer? What is the low $ Chad should take ? What's the high $ he's capable of securing? How did you enjoy the negotiations you sat in on?

So I guess if they made him no offer, he should stay and wash bikes for them....Blink
Mike D
9/1/2009 9:09am
ninety3 wrote:
Heard all the same stuff about RC when he left Kawi, and again when he went to Suzuki. When will people learn, it's not about the...
Heard all the same stuff about RC when he left Kawi, and again when he went to Suzuki.
BINGO
9/1/2009 9:20am
ninety3 wrote:
Heard all the same stuff about RC when he left Kawi, and again when he went to Suzuki. When will people learn, it's not about the...
tell that to MC when he went to KTM.
ninety3
9/1/2009 9:34am
After you tell me which brand MC won a major SX event on after RC took over.
muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
9/1/2009 9:36am
Devil1nNj wrote:
How is Chad btw? I missed any updates if there was any. Looked like he just rung his bell. Hope he's lining up at Steel City...
How is Chad btw?
Preset wrote:
Shenzi posted at the Country club that he was at the MotoGP the day after hanging out with Burner and getting doubled around the track on...
Shenzi posted at the Country club that he was at the MotoGP the day after hanging out with Burner and getting doubled around the track on one of those tandem bikes so I would say you are right and he just rang his bell.
Chad with RC at MotoGP...lookin rough! Wink
breck
9/1/2009 9:39am
It'd be cool to see a top contender ride for the big 4, all of them then write a book of the pros a cons of each.
9/1/2009 9:40am
Is there another rider to win a championship lose his ride. Win another championship only to lose his ride again?
peelout719
9/1/2009 9:40am
have i been hiding under a rock?

where the fugg is all this reed going to honda talk coming from?

speculation? rumor? fact?

wtf?
Snapper
9/1/2009 10:46am
bobby397 wrote:
Snapper wrote:
Because they were the only team to offer him a ride for this year. Maybe he should show a little loyalty to Suzuki. The amount of...

toroP wrote:
jeez, did Suzuki make him an offer for 2010? Was it a competitive offer? What is the low $ Chad should take ? What's the high...
jeez, did Suzuki make him an offer for 2010? Was it a competitive offer? What is the low $ Chad should take ? What's the high $ he's capable of securing? How did you enjoy the negotiations you sat in on?

So I guess if they made him no offer, he should stay and wash bikes for them....Blink
You know the answers to your questions, just about as much as i do......
tapptout
9/1/2009 12:54pm
peelout719 wrote:

wtf?
there was a quick blurp on it in racerhead
fcr
9/1/2009 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2009 4:53pm
peelout719 wrote:

wtf?
tapptout wrote:
there was a quick blurp on it in racerhead
I have been under a rock, what did the blurp say? Found it.
41NDT
9/1/2009 5:02pm
IF
Will he take Goose. Goose has worked there before
Did (speculation only) he want a 2 year deal and Suzi was only going to offer a one year deal.
Lightning78
9/1/2009 5:12pm
Snapper wrote:
They didn't really resign him so I guess it is a slap in their face ....FOR NOT RESIGNING HIM

Dungey may be good but he is no Chad at this point in his career and only time will tell.....but by the time he catches up with the reat of the 450 riders (shouldn't be no more than a couple years) Dungey will be bargaining again and just like Chad (And Chad "may" have wanted a certain salary he didn't get) RD will be asking the same and I don't think Suzuki will gain anything from this move....

All of this is my opinon and not factual just economics
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
9/1/2009 5:34pm
41NDT wrote:
[b]IF[/b] Will he take Goose. Goose has worked there before Did (speculation only) he want a 2 year deal and Suzi was only going to offer...
IF
Will he take Goose. Goose has worked there before
Did (speculation only) he want a 2 year deal and Suzi was only going to offer a one year deal.
As far as I heard, Chad wants a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd.
9/1/2009 6:25pm
ninety3 wrote:
MC in his book said he could have won (a championship) on the KTM.... Wink
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
9/1/2009 6:43pm
It was just MC's time to retire. He could have rode anything that year and not beaten RC even once.
BobbyM
9/1/2009 7:12pm
Snapper wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
i say reed is s till at Suzuki and until i read he is on a Honda i won't believe it
txmxer
9/1/2009 7:32pm
certainly the rider is the key ingredient, but the bike makes a difference. Starting with a good base goes a long way to being ready in January.

Chad is obviously very picky about his bikes. He struggles to get it just right pretty much every year.

MC and RC were great riders/racers as is James. They can/could get more from a bike than other riders. Overcome the deficiencies imo. But, they could also tune the bike to their liking quicker than most. Atleast, I think MC could. I think RC just beat the bike into submission (thinking about the stinkbug suspension setup).
JP
9/1/2009 7:52pm
IF Honda doesn't pull the trigger they won't even get to sniff the podium this year . He's the only contender left that's unsigned.
You either hire the 2nd place guy that with some luck can get you a championship or be happy holding down 5th through 7th.
Pretty much any kook on this site can figure that out, look at the 2010 450 class barring injury and do the math.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
9/1/2009 7:53pm
Things are financially looking tough for next year for teams and sponsors. Suzuki may want to keep CR and RD but may not have the money needed by these 2 riders to go ride.
I have heard that Chad is more in talks with Suzuki and Kawi than Honda, even if there's a line of communication with Honda.
For sure Suzuki wants to keep him and he wants to stay but RD is also the future of 450, if the team needs to chose between the 2, should the go for the cheaper RD or for CR?
Maybe RD is going to get a better offer somewhere else, maybe he's already signed at Suzuki. Maybe Suzuki will have another title sponsor...

Silly season, wide open.

Post a reply to: If Chad goes to Honda

The Latest