If Barcia wins a round..

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2020 11:15 AM

Can we avoid the “brand new team/bike winning right away” talk?

TLD has been around since 2009, and Barcia is essentially riding what Webb will be on. Not like he’s out there on a Sherco.

It will be cool, but let’s not get sucked into fantasy land.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/11/2020 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2020 11:23 AM

But a Gas Gas has never won in USA

It'll be a thing

thing

|

12/11/2020 11:24 AM

Let's wait and see if Barcia wins a round first.

|

12/11/2020 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2020 11:36 AM

The GasGas is totally unproven in competition. Barcia is making a huge gamble lining up on that thing.

|

12/11/2020 11:34 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

The GasGas is totally unproven in competition. Barcia is making a huge gamble lining up on that thing.

Seriously. Mad props to him on being so bold.

|

12/11/2020 11:43 AM

Think he will win one race in Supercross and Outdoors.

|

12/11/2020 11:47 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

It's the same platform as the KTM and Husky both of which are pretty capable machines. I'm sure GAS GAS has tons of data to go on from KTM. Plus if you listen to Barcia he's over the moon with the GAS GAS after coming off the blue monster that seems to be a black hole for top level pro's.

|

12/11/2020 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2020 11:56 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

KPS_46 wrote:

It's the same platform as the KTM and Husky both of which are pretty capable machines. I'm sure GAS GAS has tons of data to go on from KTM. Plus if you listen to Barcia he's over the moon with the GAS GAS after coming off the blue monster that seems to be a black hole for top level pro's.

Honestly if it wasn't for Webb, would this whole "blue pig" thing really be a thing? I mean take webb out of it. The post 2009 yamaha hasn't been a terrible bike. I know barcia claimed he liked a stock motor better and they had traction issues but come on.. you're racing dirt bikes. Look at barcia outdoors, the guy rode the piss out of that bike. I hope he wins multiple rounds this season but I also hope DF14 shuts everybody up.

|

12/11/2020 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2020 12:09 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

KPS_46 wrote:

skeef wrote:

Honestly if it wasn't for Webb, would this whole "blue pig" thing really be a thing? I mean take webb out of it. The post 2009 yamaha hasn't been a terrible bike. I know barcia claimed he liked a stock motor better and they had traction issues but come on.. you're racing dirt bikes. Look at barcia outdoors, the guy rode the piss out of that bike. I hope he wins multiple rounds this season but I also hope DF14 shuts everybody up.

The 2010-2013 was a horrible bike. Probably the last truly bad production bike made.

With that said. The blue pig joke is played out. The current Yamaha is a good bike. The 450 factory team is finally gone and Star will make the most of the potential that the 450 has.

|

12/11/2020 12:00 PM

skeef wrote:

"It's not the team. It's the new Yamaha. This is different. When I say I can't win, it's not what the team's doing, it's how that motorcycle was particularly built."

- James Stewart, 2012

|

12/11/2020 12:02 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Glenn Coldenhoff says you are fake news.

|

12/11/2020 12:04 PM

skeef wrote:

I mean there is the whole "Stewart is struggling on the Yamaha, switches to Suzuki and goes 1-1-1-1 to start the outdoor nationals"...

|

12/11/2020 12:11 PM

KPS_46 wrote:

skeef wrote:

BroFoSho wrote:

I mean there is the whole "Stewart is struggling on the Yamaha, switches to Suzuki and goes 1-1-1-1 to start the outdoor nationals"...

How'd he do after the first 2 rounds? Totally won a bunch more championships right? Same as when Barcia went to Suzuki....

|

12/11/2020 12:14 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

LungButter wrote:

Seriously. Mad props to him on being so bold.

Its a red ktm. Its well proven. Thats why he took the deal. Barcia wouldnt have signed a deal with piranha even if they offered the same money as gasgas

|

12/11/2020 12:15 PM

If he wins? When he wins. He's won A1 the past two years in a row, why wouldn't he win in 21'?

|

12/11/2020 12:15 PM

How can he be on the same bike as Webb if he's on a GAS GAS? This is uncharted territory.

|

12/11/2020 12:17 PM

skeef wrote:

BroFoSho wrote:

Timo_2824 wrote:

How'd he do after the first 2 rounds? Totally won a bunch more championships right? Same as when Barcia went to Suzuki....

Dumbass media guy ran across the track and ruined his season

|

12/11/2020 12:19 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

So many people taking the bait.

Photo

|

12/11/2020 12:26 PM

KPS_46 wrote:

skeef wrote:

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

"It's not the team. It's the new Yamaha. This is different. When I say I can't win, it's not what the team's doing, it's how that motorcycle was particularly built."

- James Stewart, 2012

In defense of this bike, Stew didn't really set the world on fire aterwards either. RV, Dungey, Canard and Barcia, were quite at the same level of Stew and Reed, it was just harder to win. On the other hand, Milsaps and Brayton were great on that bike, as well as the team rinadi in europe.

|

12/11/2020 12:29 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

It'll be a thing

thing

Not on the Professional level, but Casey Cochran was the brands first National win(s) at Mini O's....

|

12/11/2020 12:30 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

It's damn sure been proven in MXGP, having won at least one GP this year!

|

12/11/2020 12:40 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

It'll be a thing

thing

They have already WON.

|

12/11/2020 12:40 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

KPS_46 wrote:

skeef wrote:

The 2009 was a fantastic bike. One of the best they’ve built. The 2010-13 was absolutely horrible.

|

Rent free...

12/11/2020 12:41 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

ty159 wrote:

It's damn sure been proven in MXGP, having won at least one GP this year!

I’ve learned that many forum members have never heard of SARCASM

|

Rent free...

12/11/2020 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2020 3:32 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

It'll be a thing

thing

The new GasGas bikes are red KTMs. Yes, when GasGas does win, whenever that is, the broadcast and media will make a big deal about it, but it's not. Officially it will be the first win for that brand, but in truth it's simply a rebranded KTM just like Husqvarna is now.

If the original GasGas brand now owned by Rieju were to win, now that would be something.

When Dungey got KTM their first 450 SX win back in 2012, that was momentous.

In 2001 when Langston and Preston got KTM and Husqvarna their first wins in 125 SX, those were momentous occasions.

I'm really just excited to see what Barcia can do on the new bike. I will be surprised if he isn't a serious contender this year.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

12/11/2020 12:54 PM

|

12/11/2020 12:56 PM

Grape is slayin' em today

|

12/11/2020 1:36 PM

I for one hope he takes the championship. It would be great for the sport and for the team. #teamgasgas
I own a 21 125 gasgas so I'm kind of biased

|

12/11/2020 1:38 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

GasGas will get a works bike exemption this year because it’s a totally new bike, right?

|

12/11/2020 2:11 PM

skeef wrote:

BroFoSho wrote:

Timo_2824 wrote:

Stewart won more races within two weeks on the Suzuki than he did in 4 months on the Yamaha.

|