If Anderson wins this title

Motoxdoc
4/16/2018 2:18pm
toroP wrote:
The OP said most unlikely, not unworthy. Who was picking Anderson, pre-season? A minority certainly. Recent champs, MC RC CR JS RD RV JA is far...
The OP said most unlikely, not unworthy.
Who was picking Anderson, pre-season?
A minority certainly.

Recent champs, MC RC CR JS RD RV

JA is far less likely than any on that list.
I disagree.....I believe MC and Dung were FAR less likely to win their 1st premier-class titles than JA.
Doddy
4/16/2018 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 2:41pm
Not really. I have to agree with JM or RD. Anderson is like 1 out of 3-4 guys that was picked to take it all.
While I do think he earned this championship(if he does get it), I do not think he would win it had a few others not been injured. I can't see much improvement, I see about the same.
4/16/2018 2:52pm
Even if you gave tomac and musquin a win (26 points) for one of the dnf races they had. They would still be a big chunk behind.

Anderson has been the most consistent and is deserving this title. I think anderson was a title contender not as much as a favourite like tomac or musquin but only a tad behind them at the start of the season.
Phantom 661
4/16/2018 5:47pm
Doddy wrote:
Not really. I have to agree with JM or RD. Anderson is like 1 out of 3-4 guys that was picked to take it all. While...
Not really. I have to agree with JM or RD. Anderson is like 1 out of 3-4 guys that was picked to take it all.
While I do think he earned this championship(if he does get it), I do not think he would win it had a few others not been injured. I can't see much improvement, I see about the same.
I think much of the improvement in Anderson this year is his mental focus. He's been racing smarter and hasn't buckled under the pressure of leading since round two. Even on his worst nights he's limited the damage. That's the improvement I'm seeing so far this year. It's been noticeable. Still a few left to go though.

The Shop

BobPA
4/16/2018 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 6:27pm
Doddy wrote:
Not really. I have to agree with JM or RD. Anderson is like 1 out of 3-4 guys that was picked to take it all. While...
Who do you think would have beat him? Tomac is 65 points down, and missed one race due to injury. Moosecan has been healthy for about 10 rounds, and has only lost points to JA. Kenny was beaten straight up by JA when he was still in the series...as was Barcia.

Currently only ET has more outright speed than Anderson, but he has had trouble keeping it on two wheels.
Doddy
4/16/2018 7:47pm
Doddy wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Who do you think would have beat him? Tomac is 65 points down, and missed one race due to injury. Moosecan has been healthy for about...
Who do you think would have beat him? Tomac is 65 points down, and missed one race due to injury. Moosecan has been healthy for about 10 rounds, and has only lost points to JA. Kenny was beaten straight up by JA when he was still in the series...as was Barcia.

Currently only ET has more outright speed than Anderson, but he has had trouble keeping it on two wheels.
I honestly don't know. To many what ifs. I just think with a few others not injured ithey would most likely take some of those points away. Perhaps no one beats him, but I see it being a lot closer in points. It could lessen the gap between Tomac and Anderson. Giving Tomac or someone else more of a chance.

I absolutely agree with Tomac having more speed than Anderson. I don't even know where to begin with why he is where he is. I sometimes wonder what takes more time, Tomac getting back into the race or Moosecan's podium speeches.
4/16/2018 8:07pm
Doddy wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Who do you think would have beat him? Tomac is 65 points down, and missed one race due to injury. Moosecan has been healthy for about...

Doddy wrote:
I honestly don't know. To many what ifs. I just think with a few others not injured ithey would most likely take some of those points...
I honestly don't know. To many what ifs. I just think with a few others not injured ithey would most likely take some of those points away. Perhaps no one beats him, but I see it being a lot closer in points. It could lessen the gap between Tomac and Anderson. Giving Tomac or someone else more of a chance.

I absolutely agree with Tomac having more speed than Anderson. I don't even know where to begin with why he is where he is. I sometimes wonder what takes more time, Tomac getting back into the race or Moosecan's podium speeches.
He's earned it, congratulations to him.
Ted722
4/16/2018 8:36pm
To a lot of folks in here, it's not unlikely. Was he my pick for the year?...No.. Hard to bet against Eli before A1, but that doesn't make Anderson unlikely. He's impressed me the whole year. His last few rides (Seattle, Minneapolis) are right up there with his best of the season even though he didn't get the win. He's earned it, plain and simple.

USMCMXer
4/16/2018 8:55pm
Disagree with OP on a couple points. First, JA was the A rider to beat at Lorettas in 2010 as a Team Green rider. Blazing fast, but did suffer a dnf due to bike failure one moto, otherwise nobody close. Yes, he was a prodigy, and was one of the early, young KTM amateur recruits, mentored by none other than RJ who said he'd be great way back when. Second, he cleaned house his championship year in the West, humiliating Cole Seely late in races on more than one occasion. He has been a threat to win since joining the 450 class and this year was his turn to assert dominance. The third year in class championship rule is in full effect! He has many more wins in him, indoors and out. He's in shape, not afraid to ride the ragged edge, which bites him occasionally (it did RC, JS and RV too), but he has a winner's attitude. Fun to watch!
Doddy
4/16/2018 10:39pm
Why are you quoting me to say what I already said in another post? Him "earning" this championship doesn't take away from anything I previously said.
Crush
4/17/2018 12:32am
Anyone else think this could be the first of many for him?

I think he's hard to beat over a season, very similar to RV with maybe a tad less pace, he's comfortable riding the edge, bumps better than everyone in the class and has shown a bad start means he won't win but he'll be top 5.... and given his comp has been anything but consistent I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a multi-time repeat champ.
4/17/2018 1:05am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 1:16am
Crush wrote:
Anyone else think this could be the first of many for him? I think he's hard to beat over a season, very similar to RV with...
Anyone else think this could be the first of many for him?

I think he's hard to beat over a season, very similar to RV with maybe a tad less pace, he's comfortable riding the edge, bumps better than everyone in the class and has shown a bad start means he won't win but he'll be top 5.... and given his comp has been anything but consistent I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a multi-time repeat champ.
I agree, the resilience and composure he's shown this season is going to be very hard to beat if he can keep it up. I think it'll be interesting to see him outdoors with the confidence from this title. Little off topic but I think the outdoors will be pretty entertaining with so many guys looking to redeem themselves from this beat down Andersons put on them.
4/17/2018 1:40am
Doddy wrote:
Why are you quoting me to say what I already said in another post? Him "earning" this championship doesn't take away from anything I previously said.
You said he wouldn't have one if others were not injured. I take nothing away from him, he earned it congratulations to him.

Post a reply to: If Anderson wins this title

The Latest