Idiot spectators in Baja

FWYT
Preface: you can't come down on SCORE because it's going to be virtually
impossible to control 500 miles of a race course. But here is what
racers have to deal with. Granted, this is the far end of the idiot scale.

|
a22
6/8/2016 11:21am
That is pretty disgusting way to behave and totally and utterly disrespectful to the drivers.

'Idiot of the highest order' doesn't even cut it, Motorsports are dangerous enough anyway, without jackasses like this adding to the danger.
You think of the poor people who have been spectators and got badly injured (or killed) by cars or bikes, through no real fault of their own and then you see fools behaving like this.
MB109
6/8/2016 11:31am
Natural selection.

Really though, what the F is this guy thinking?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/8/2016 11:49am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2016 11:49am
MB109 wrote:
Natural selection.

I'm speachless...how dumb of a person
MR. X
6/8/2016 11:52am
And then he flips the racer off like he did something wrong

The Shop

hvaughn88
6/8/2016 11:56am
a22 wrote:
That is pretty disgusting way to behave and totally and utterly disrespectful to the drivers. 'Idiot of the highest order' doesn't even cut it, Motorsports are...
That is pretty disgusting way to behave and totally and utterly disrespectful to the drivers.

'Idiot of the highest order' doesn't even cut it, Motorsports are dangerous enough anyway, without jackasses like this adding to the danger.
You think of the poor people who have been spectators and got badly injured (or killed) by cars or bikes, through no real fault of their own and then you see fools behaving like this.
You're right, that is an awful situation to put the drivers in. Even if it's not the drivers' fault, that will still weigh heavy on them if for some reason they would have killed a spectator that was doing something stupid. Or even worse, what if they would have seen him at the last minute, swerved and then killed another spectator. What a horrible thing to do.
a22
6/8/2016 11:58am
MB109 wrote:
Natural selection.

Ramrod wrote:
I'm speachless...how dumb of a person
Yea- absolutely, answer probably is he is 'not thinking' or is 'unable to think'?

Its like he is playing chicken or something with the drivers to make himself look like 'a brave hero' or something in front of the other spectators.! He wouldn't look so clever without a head though- yes, stupid beyond belief almost.

Wonder if he behaves like this on other occasions also, would imagine the answer maybe yes.

Wonder if he was the ONLY spectator if he would try the same stunt? Probably not as he is trying to play the 'big man' in front of others, thats how it seems to me.
a22
6/8/2016 12:05pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
You're right, that is an awful situation to put the drivers in. Even if it's not the drivers' fault, that will still weigh heavy on them...
You're right, that is an awful situation to put the drivers in. Even if it's not the drivers' fault, that will still weigh heavy on them if for some reason they would have killed a spectator that was doing something stupid. Or even worse, what if they would have seen him at the last minute, swerved and then killed another spectator. What a horrible thing to do.
Yes, that could be totally 'life destroying' should a driver have hit him (for the driver that is as well as the idiot) and the emotional consequences that would innevatibly follow. Sad and disturbing to see really.
6/8/2016 12:13pm
Tony Stewart wouldn't stop. But he'd feel terrible after.

If you're a driver and you come across that and you kill the guy. What do you do ? Stop? Keep going? Call the Mexican policia?

How do you even....what. That's just not right.
peelout
6/8/2016 12:17pm
while i've never raced in the Baja, and most of the people i've encountered down there are awesome people... there are a lot of idiots. when you come through villages and towns everyone wants to see you and give you high-fives. i almost got ripped off my bike doing about 20mph giving some high-school aged kids high fives going down the road. i learned my lesson and kept my distance after that.

this video is incredibly irresponsible. what happens when the driver see's them last second and hits the brakes... fuckin moron. natural selection at it's finest
whyZ
6/8/2016 1:47pm
I've always been under the impression that those ditches weren't dug to be used as a photog pit, but to promote the chances of the driver wrecking, and the villagers getting to do doing some free picking at the yard sell.

In response to Georgie: IMO, and from what I've experienced traveling through Mexico. GTF out of town to the nearest race sponsor site/station. Separate yourself from the vehicle and hide in plain site. Hope that race organizers can intervene quickly, because chances are likely you'll be going to jail.
6/8/2016 3:44pm
Idiot spectators have been around since baja started. I remember reading years ago about how spectators would set up traps or their own little obstacles to cause riders to crash for their amusement.
eGGz
6/8/2016 5:27pm
Two words: Mandatory Sterilization.
plowboy
6/8/2016 5:50pm
Mexico is most Americans first introduction to personal corruption. Wake up folks...this is how the 3rd world operates. The good old USA calls it "taxes"....impersonal and ambiguious but still the taking of your money to let you "carry on". There may not be someone in your face demanding money but...the same but different.
IWreckALot
6/9/2016 6:43am
Am I the only one that noticed the crowd seemed to be cheering him on also?
huck
6/9/2016 7:51am
No wonder Trump wants to build a wall....
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/9/2016 7:57am
huck wrote:
No wonder Trump wants to build a wall....
You got it! They will be sending that numbnuts over here and then we will be paying for his medical bills.

That was beyond stupidity. I also never understood why the spectators at Baja will watch from the outside of a corner when the trophy trucks are coming by them on the ragged edge
Camp332
6/9/2016 7:59am
Bad boys bad boys, whatchya gonna do? When the COPS buggy roosts sand on youuuuuu
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
6/9/2016 8:11am
what a retarded dumbass...someone should have started throwing rocks at that idiot....
brlatm
6/9/2016 8:22am
I watched a guy in the Dominican Republic acting an idiot during the 450 pro class trying to stick his hands and head up when they guys were coming by, he did that until Reynar Mejia scrubbed the jump and the back tire knocked his ass out. My son and myself just watched as they hauled the dude off the track and waited until the moto was over to send a "paramedic" to see if he was ok. Of course with the copius amounts of Presidente and Brugal being thrown down and the Bachata music being louder than the racing I don't think the guy actually ever noticed.
6/9/2016 9:10am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2016 9:11am
Yeh thats grade a stupidity right there.. people werent so smart back in ye olde group b rallying days either, some stages got closed due to moronic spectators and ive read interviews with drivers saying they basically had to think that the people were not human but bushes and fences or they wouldnt be able to push.. thats crazy.

This isnt the worst but it gives you an idea
Underdog999
6/9/2016 9:52am
Chip: How is your brother doing? I understand he got hit down in Baja?
a22
6/9/2016 11:07am
Yeh thats grade a stupidity right there.. people werent so smart back in ye olde group b rallying days either, some stages got closed due to...
Yeh thats grade a stupidity right there.. people werent so smart back in ye olde group b rallying days either, some stages got closed due to moronic spectators and ive read interviews with drivers saying they basically had to think that the people were not human but bushes and fences or they wouldnt be able to push.. thats crazy.

That is truly scary. Surprised the driver was able to even keep going and must have been traumatised by this. Meant to be Motorsport hopefully with as much safety as is possible, this is something else, as was that Baja muppett.
Yea, also the crowd seemed to be cheering him on, sort of pack mentality.
FWYT
6/9/2016 1:52pm
Yeah, he hit a spectator car that turned out in front of him on the paved highway in a race section.
Banged the eff up, but nothing broken.
Xeno
6/9/2016 1:59pm
FWYT wrote:
Yeah, he hit a spectator car that turned out in front of him on the paved highway in a race section. Banged the eff up, but...
Yeah, he hit a spectator car that turned out in front of him on the paved highway in a race section.
Did Jen finish his section of the race? Smile
6/9/2016 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2016 2:09pm
Yeh thats grade a stupidity right there.. people werent so smart back in ye olde group b rallying days either, some stages got closed due to...

a22 wrote:
That is truly scary. Surprised the driver was able to even keep going and must have been traumatised by this. Meant to be Motorsport hopefully with...
That is truly scary. Surprised the driver was able to even keep going and must have been traumatised by this. Meant to be Motorsport hopefully with as much safety as is possible, this is something else, as was that Baja muppett.
Yea, also the crowd seemed to be cheering him on, sort of pack mentality.
Yeah, its beyond passion of the sport and looks more like pamplona bull run..
Check out this in car clip and just imagine what it would be like going flat out stage after stage

http://youtu.be/AntTKfRO5po

Sorry dunno how to embed
Underdog999
6/9/2016 2:26pm
FWYT wrote:
Yeah, he hit a spectator car that turned out in front of him on the paved highway in a race section. Banged the eff up, but...
Glad to know. I thought he broke his arm?
FWYT
6/9/2016 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2016 2:53pm
FWYT wrote:
Glad to know. I thought he broke his arm?
Yeah they thought it might have been but turned out no breaks. Just mucho, mucho pain and a bum wing for a while. Thanks for asking!

Post a reply to: Idiot spectators in Baja

The Latest