Ideal Way To Handle Anti-Doping Policies

pbody
Fantasy
320th
We all know that the current anti-doping policy and testing program that SX and MX are using are not ideal. And I've stated in the past how I wish the AMA would work with our pro sports organizations here in the US, including NASCAR, and develop a program that provides a fair and speedy process.
(And yes I know that means getting away from the FIM for SX).

So I wanted to share a positive note on how something more ideal would look like.

This article below is not detailed about any one policy, but sheds plenty of light on how an ideal program could work and be handled by anyone who is found guilty.

Props to this dude for being forthright.

Bayley Currey suspended for violation of NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy - Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
https://www.jayski.com/2019/08/15/bayley-currey-suspended-for-violation…
|
8/16/2019 7:01am
pbody wrote:
We all know that the current anti-doping policy and testing program that SX and MX are using are not ideal. And I've stated in the past...
We all know that the current anti-doping policy and testing program that SX and MX are using are not ideal. And I've stated in the past how I wish the AMA would work with our pro sports organizations here in the US, including NASCAR, and develop a program that provides a fair and speedy process.
(And yes I know that means getting away from the FIM for SX).

So I wanted to share a positive note on how something more ideal would look like.

This article below is not detailed about any one policy, but sheds plenty of light on how an ideal program could work and be handled by anyone who is found guilty.

Props to this dude for being forthright.

Bayley Currey suspended for violation of NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy - Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
https://www.jayski.com/2019/08/15/bayley-currey-suspended-for-violation…
Don't you think it would have been better if they would have left him hanging for a year, and then suspended him for a 18 months? Using this approach, the team owners and the guilty party fully understood the issue, accepted it, and were provided a clear path to resolve. No. This approach is way too logical.
MudRider1
8/16/2019 7:20am
Not relevant since he didnt say he didn't know where it came from, he would never cheat, hire attorneys, and all this other crap that everyone's trying to ruin their career bla bla bla.

When they get results and say Yep I did it, things go much faster.
Just look at all the athletes that just admitted using.
Talisker
8/16/2019 7:32am
"F" it. Let them all dope. NFL players, Cyclist, Motocrossers, Curlers, and Professional Chess Players.
Professional sports are only for our entertainment...

The Shop

MudRider1
8/26/2019 10:42am
pbody wrote:
Another example of how an ideal anti-doping program should work.....it'll be a short suspension thanks to the Road To Recovery program that NASCAR has established for...
Another example of how an ideal anti-doping program should work.....it'll be a short suspension thanks to the Road To Recovery program that NASCAR has established for what appears to be an honest mistake due to bad labeling on a diet coffee.

https://www.jayski.com/2019/08/26/germain-racings-matt-borland-suspende…
Still irrelevant because he owned up to taking it with the exact product with it on the label.

Moto guys all run the I have the no idea where it came from excuse which absolutely zero people believe.
Then they run the whole world is trying to ruin their careers schtick and start hiring worthless attorneys and end get the book thrown at them because this stuff isn't in apples or wheaties.

moto9
8/26/2019 11:27am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2019 11:29am
Not going to happen.
Feld would never drop FIM or WADA, the stamp is too important, not to mention legal contracts.
The only possible way American SX would get home based drug testing is if the Manufactures / teams /riders banned together and refused to participate in further WADA testing forcing Feld to make changes.
And that could be a long messy court battle.
A better solution would be "IF" Feld could get FIM and WADA to allow AMA to draft their own punitive rules based off of WADA's findings.
This would be a win, win, situation for everyone.
Log Hopper
Fantasy
1517th
8/26/2019 12:14pm
moto9 wrote:
Not going to happen. Feld would never drop FIM or WADA, the stamp is too important, not to mention legal contracts. The only possible way American...
Not going to happen.
Feld would never drop FIM or WADA, the stamp is too important, not to mention legal contracts.
The only possible way American SX would get home based drug testing is if the Manufactures / teams /riders banned together and refused to participate in further WADA testing forcing Feld to make changes.
And that could be a long messy court battle.
A better solution would be "IF" Feld could get FIM and WADA to allow AMA to draft their own punitive rules based off of WADA's findings.
This would be a win, win, situation for everyone.
That would be great then if someone got whacked in the MXGP (not sure they do over there) they could come race the AMA on a lesser penalty. That'd be a win in my book.

Post a reply to: Ideal Way To Handle Anti-Doping Policies

The Latest