Idea for Future Supercross Series

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2019 9:19 PM

I have an idea that I think would be pretty cool for one of the future Supercross series.

Last year, they had the Supercross Rewind segment where they showed some of supercross greatest battles from years past. This gave me an idea.

What if for each round, they looked back to say the year 2000, and either took a vote where fans could choose or Feld would choose amongst themselves, the tracks that provided the best racing and use those tracks again.

If the selected tracks worked out as good as they did in the past, it could end up being one of the most exciting Supercross seasons ever.

They could do this one or two ways.

1. The first would be where they choose round specific tracks. For example, Anaheim 1 would look back and select the best Anaheim 1 track that provided the best racing from the year 2000 to present and use it again.

2. The second option would be where they don't choose round specific tracks. For example, Any football stadium round can look back and select the best track that was also in a football stadium that provided the best racing from the year 2000 to present and use it again. Same would go for tracks in a baseball stadium.

If they were to use option 2, they could use this for an excuse to talk and promote a future round of supercross. For example, "The track layout used tonight here in Arlington was previously used in 2012 in Atlanta. We will be going there in two weeks so if you haven't got your tickets yet get them now before their sold out."

Another thing they would be able to do is to show a segment each race as they did with Supercross Rewind except this segment would be called something like Supercross Throwback where they would show highlights from the track that was selected and talk about why they decided to use this layout as opposed to 19 others (If they were to do this in 2020 and the tracks selected went back to the year 2000.

Just a thought

|

1/5/2019 10:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 10:51 PM

Just because a track worked in 2000 doesn't mean it is worth reusing now.

Let's see, what has changed since 2000 in our sport.....?

Hmmmm.........

|

1/5/2019 10:52 PM

It’s been done before, 08 A2, a round in 09 was a replica I think

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/5/2019 11:12 PM

Plus what fans can honestly look through 15 tracks with enough fans to do it for it to matter. Plus 4 strokes, completely different... everything. Id rather they grow it than look in reverse. They know what works by now. This track looked great too tbh.

|

1/6/2019 2:48 AM

JustMX wrote:

Just because a track worked in 2000 doesn't mean it is worth reusing now.

Let's see, what has changed since 2000 in our ...more

There has been a lot of changes since 2000. One thing that hasn't changed though is that some rounds end up being great for racing while other rounds end up being one lined and hard to pass.

I would think that a track that provided great racing back then would do the same today. I don't see where your reply is relevant to what I'm trying to say.

A smaller sized baseball stadium results in more home runs. This makes games in that particular stadium more exciting. It doesn't matter if a game was played in that stadium in 1980 or 2019. Or if players used wooden bats or aluminum bats. Regardless, that stadium provides more exciting games with more home runs.

Same could be said about a supercross track. The way the corners are set up and what sections come before and after that corner are what makes for good racing. Doesn't really matter what bike you're on and the advances we've made from 2000 until now. The layout of the track is a huge factor in what makes for a good night of racing.

|

1/6/2019 5:09 AM

Cool stuff and all, but im not sure what you want us to do about it

|