Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2018 3:23 PM

Photo
|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

12/20/2018 3:27 PM

That certainly would be a treat to hear that baby sing.

|

12/20/2018 5:17 PM

The upcoming Mecum Las Vegas auction has a few nice, big 2 strokes going on the block that would sing some beautiful tunes as well.

There are also a couple of cool works MX bikes up for bid. One of Jeff Ward's SRs, a Rick Burgett OW, Broc Glover's GP KTM, and some others.

|

12/20/2018 5:43 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

The upcoming Mecum Las Vegas auction has a few nice, big 2 strokes going on the block that would sing some beautiful tunes as well.

There are also a couple of cool works MX bikes up for bid. One of Jeff Ward's SRs, a Rick Burgett OW, Broc Glover's GP KTM, and some others.

As much as I love the dirt singles, there is nothing quite like a multicylinder two stroke tuned for upper rpm's getting on the pipe. Lackey's brother used to bring an unsilenced TZ125 twin down to the Rambler's clubhouse once and awhile to rip the long straight there against the bay in Point Richmond. That thing would gravel around sounding raspy like your sixty year smoking granny until it hit the pipe, and then in a flash it was like someone flipped the channel to a dyno room. Add a little Castrol R in the air and it was a little bit of heaven. tongue

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

12/20/2018 5:57 PM

Just wait until you hear a TZ750 tongue

|

12/20/2018 7:04 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

FreshTopEnd wrote:

As much as I love the dirt singles, there is nothing quite like a multicylinder two stroke tuned for upper rpm's getting on the pipe. Lackey's brother used to bring an unsilenced TZ125 twin down to the Rambler's clubhouse once and awhile to rip the long straight there against the bay in Point Richmond. That thing would gravel around sounding raspy like your sixty year smoking granny until it hit the pipe, and then in a flash it was like someone flipped the channel to a dyno room. Add a little Castrol R in the air and it was a little bit of heaven. tongue

Oh, the MX bikes were just a side note because a few of them are actual "works" bikes. But I was talking about the multis as the main event! Even a couple of TZ750 based bikes up for auction.

Photo
Photo

A few more "road" bikes

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

And the MX works bikes (Larry Ward's production based factory bike thrown in for fun).

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/20/2018 7:10 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote: Photo

I can't find the cheese. There has to be cheese because that looks like a bonafide death trap to me.

|

12/21/2018 7:50 AM

Holy cow that upcoming Mecum auction does look like the place to be!

Mecum Motorcycle auction in Jan 2019

|

12/21/2018 8:13 AM

God bless the magic of Speedway

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"