I'd hate to race Webb

IWreckALot
He has got to be top 3 in the hardest to pass category. He takes low lines in corners when competition is behind him making them try to go the long way around. He's great at getting the bike pivoted and going again by taking the tight lines. He seems to get the better end of exchanges when he does make contact. He also seems to be able to manufacture speed when it's necessary. Also seems like he can sense where guys are making time on him even when they're behind him. He changes his lines when he feels them closing the gap.

Without that Arlington DNF, this championship would be very interesting to the last race.

But, kudos to Tomac for being where he is currently. Short of something bad happening, this thing is wrapped up.
|
6/18/2020 10:27am
Yup...it's too bad about Arlington....and Kens health issues. It would have been a better end to the season if the top three were close in points.

Webb has made the last 7 races very interesting.... the guy is an animal. Mad props to him.

oh...and the obligatory "race craft" (drink). It had to be said.

mx_563
6/18/2020 10:32am
I would love [to be fast enough] to race Webb. haha!

Naw, but I get what you are saying. He is good at frustrating his opposition.

6/18/2020 10:34am
Yup...it's too bad about Arlington....and Kens health issues. It would have been a better end to the season if the top three were close in points...
Yup...it's too bad about Arlington....and Kens health issues. It would have been a better end to the season if the top three were close in points.

Webb has made the last 7 races very interesting.... the guy is an animal. Mad props to him.

oh...and the obligatory "race craft" (drink). It had to be said.

Yeah but if Webb didn’t have the DNF Eli might have tried a little harder the last few races, I feel like he is comfortable with his points lead and doesn’t push as hard as he is capable
zehn
6/18/2020 10:36am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 10:36am
Webb didn't DNF for fucks sakes. He finished 12th that night. If he would have DNF'd the championship would be over already

The Shop

Natester551v
6/18/2020 1:38pm
Webb's speed has gone up this year as well...he was impressive last night....
Evoracer
6/18/2020 1:59pm
I am not a Webb fan, but respect his ability and racing very much. Grit and determination goes a long way with him.
VasageXx
6/18/2020 1:59pm
It's just insane the turn around he's made, I said a long time ago if Webb moved to KTM and the Aldon program he'd be an animal and everyone shit all over him when he was on Yamaha saying he'd never do anything after his 250 career and he's making them eat their words now. I always believed in him, and Eli's main rival besides Kenny has always been Marvin but now Webb has pretty much taken that spot. People talk shit saying he's too cocky but I never see that, he's always owned up to his mistakes and given credit to the other guy's when he's been beat, even checked on Kenny and apologized that one race, he's just alot more mature now, and you can't deny his will to win and his grit and determination, that ride after the Arlington crash proved it.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/18/2020 3:03pm
zehn wrote:
Webb didn't DNF for fucks sakes. He finished 12th that night. If he would have DNF'd the championship would be over already
He did DNF the second race and DNS the third race.

But yeah it's not nearly as bad as it could have been without the triple crown.
Had he finished 2nd that night he would have scored 12 more points. In that case he would now be 10 out.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/18/2020 3:11pm
Webb also was very sick the month of January.

The main fact is he is such a tough racer and has no quit in him. If he is in the hunt near the end of the race he normally pulls the trigger on the leader and beats him.

I think Eli had this all year but Webb is no quitter. Good championship.
Scull79
6/18/2020 3:14pm
VasageXx wrote:
It's just insane the turn around he's made, I said a long time ago if Webb moved to KTM and the Aldon program he'd be an...
It's just insane the turn around he's made, I said a long time ago if Webb moved to KTM and the Aldon program he'd be an animal and everyone shit all over him when he was on Yamaha saying he'd never do anything after his 250 career and he's making them eat their words now. I always believed in him, and Eli's main rival besides Kenny has always been Marvin but now Webb has pretty much taken that spot. People talk shit saying he's too cocky but I never see that, he's always owned up to his mistakes and given credit to the other guy's when he's been beat, even checked on Kenny and apologized that one race, he's just alot more mature now, and you can't deny his will to win and his grit and determination, that ride after the Arlington crash proved it.
💯
6/18/2020 3:19pm
Webb is a very smart rider, always has great line choice. I remember he used to watch Pourcel's lines a lot, you can tell he learnt something from the crafty Frenchman.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/18/2020 3:20pm
VasageXx wrote:
It's just insane the turn around he's made, I said a long time ago if Webb moved to KTM and the Aldon program he'd be an...
Scull79 wrote:
💯
Cooper has made a massive turn around since KTM and Aldon in the 450 class. Just imagine if all the top 20 riders in SX had that set up I bet 60% of the guys would have similar improvements. 40% probably are as good as they get or don't care to train like that.
Whip
Fantasy
3240th
6/18/2020 3:22pm
VasageXx wrote:
Scull79 wrote:
💯
Ramrod wrote:
Cooper has made a massive turn around since KTM and Aldon in the 450 class. Just imagine if all the top 20 riders in SX had...
Cooper has made a massive turn around since KTM and Aldon in the 450 class. Just imagine if all the top 20 riders in SX had that set up I bet 60% of the guys would have similar improvements. 40% probably are as good as they get or don't care to train like that.
97% of statistics are made up on the spot
6/18/2020 4:41pm
I think I could hang with Webb in the straightaways. Everywhere else well....
gt80rider
6/18/2020 4:51pm
Amazes me how Marv, k roc, Eli, and numerous others have yet to put this guy into the cheap seats.... Lil Deuce will just keep screwing with them until they do... I guess they have just been "saving" it until it really benefits them .. but if the other riders want this to stop, all they gotta do is eye for an eye him....
lawson34
6/18/2020 5:38pm
Yeah it's not like he's physically imposing, I remember coop shit talkin Bowers I was like what keeps Bowers from picking him up and breaking him in half... Coop's a special talent deserves respect tho he's a champ

Post a reply to: I'd hate to race Webb

The Latest