IceOne Racing goes Yoko

MBR
Edited Date/Time 2/9/2019 4:51pm
My little brother is head designer for Yoko and I have been helping the guys with testing and stuff, so I'm super proud of the new deal with IceOne Racing Smile

I feel that Yoko has now a solid motocross lineup with up and coming Liam Everts and Mikkel Haarup, current stars with Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing MXGP team's Pauls Jonass and Arminas Jasikonis and of course the legend Stefan Everts. Hopefully things continue to grow and we'll see Yoko also on US side soon.

I saw MXMattii to make some solid points about designs in another thread. I have seen the designs for the team and most of those will be available for the customers also. They have now a webshop with world wide delivery at yoko-europe.com/webshop

YOKO EUROPE PARTNERS WITH ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING MXGP TEAM

FINNISH MANUFACTURER WITH BELGIAN SUBSIDIARY BECOMES THE TEAM’S SOLE RIDING EQUIPMENT AND TEAM WEAR SUPPLIER FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS

YOKO Europe is pleased to announce a new three-year partnership with Husqvarna Motorcycles – an agreement that will see us as textile equipment producer become the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing MXGP team’s official riding gear and team wear supplier through to the end of the 2021 season.
Established in 1977, YOKO is one of the original motocross brands. Back in the 80s YOKO was regularly seen on top of the podium on both sides of the Atlantic, used by legendary riders of that era. Selling the licence to produce YOKO motocross gear in the mid 1990s, in 2016 YOKO returned to its original owners. Designed in Finland, all YOKO products are built to endure the most demanding forms of offroad competition. In 2018 Yoko expanded with a Belgian subsidiary in Lommel. With President Jan Berthels, who has a lot of experience and name in the MX world, and 10x World Champion Stefan Everts as one of the partners, the Husqvarna Team can be reas- sured with the promised top quality riding equipment and team wear.

The agreement will see Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing MXGP team riders Arminas Jasikonis, 2017 MX2 World Champion Pauls Jonass and FC 250 mounted team member Mikkel Haarup, make use of YOKO Europe’s latest motocross gear as they compete in the FIM Motocross World Championship.

Jan Berthels - President of Yoko Europe:
“For all of us at YOKO, it is a big honour to support the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing MXGP team as we turn a new page in our involvement with top-level international motocross racing. For the last few years we have been heavily com- mitted to the development of our next generation of riding equipment with the main goal of re-establishing ourselves as one of the top motocross brands worldwide. We are confident that our close collaboration with the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing MXGP team will help us further develop our products, so that they continue to meet the highest demands of both motocross enthusiasts and top-level racers across the globe.”

Antti Pyrhönen - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing MXGP team manager:
“We are very pleased to welcome YOKO as our official gear and clothing partner for the next three years. YOKO have a rich history in top-level motocross racing and we are really happy to be part of their strong return to the FIM Motocross World Championship. Their goal is to provide the best technical equipment on the market and we are glad to have a partner that sets the bar high. With our riders enjoying the very best equipment from YOKO, we trust this will allow them to continue performing at their best, no matter the conditions.”

Here is some photos by GuyB, ML & Vital crew of some bulky vet guy (me) with current Yoko gear Tongue

|
BikeGuy321
2/8/2019 2:17am
That black, yellow, and white kit second from the bottom looks really cool. It would probably break the internet if someone filmed the team owner Kimi Räikkönen riding. That guy is a legend and lowkey hillarious.
mpy
2/8/2019 2:32am
Nice to have Yoko back! Even though I guess they never really left.

I had some Yoko gear when I first started riding in the 80's. And I think my dad had one of the first jerseys made by Juha Tirinen, maybe before the Yoko days I think... I'm not sure.
mx317
2/8/2019 5:09am
If I'm not mistaken, some of the early Fox gear was made by Yoko. I know it had the little Finland flag on it.
MBR
2/8/2019 5:31am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
That black, yellow, and white kit second from the bottom looks really cool. It would probably break the internet if someone filmed the team owner Kimi...
That black, yellow, and white kit second from the bottom looks really cool. It would probably break the internet if someone filmed the team owner Kimi Räikkönen riding. That guy is a legend and lowkey hillarious.
Thanks! It is also one my favourites too, the pants are lightest I have ever tried, around 400g (or 0.9pounds).

Kimi really loves motocross and there are actually quite a few videos of him riding. His new Yoko gear sets are on their way, so maybe we'll see some new stuff soon Whistling

The Shop

MBR
2/8/2019 5:34am
mx317 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, some of the early Fox gear was made by Yoko. I know it had the little Finland flag on it.
Yes!
Zeke27G
2/8/2019 5:50am
mx317 wrote:
MBR wrote:
Yes! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/08/324029/s1200_nainen_1aca5443_4587_4274_8224_82fb9331c5b4_1024x1024.jpg[/img]
Yes!
BlushBlushBlush
brimx153
2/8/2019 5:55am
Gear looks great , congrad s . Great to see Yoko back in the gps
BR8ES
2/8/2019 6:35am
Will there be some new designs and US distributors or at least a Euro vendor that ships to the US? I currently have the Kisa setup that I imported from Finland from Yoko direct.
shuggs
2/8/2019 7:54am
BR8ES wrote:
Will there be some new designs and US distributors or at least a Euro vendor that ships to the US? I currently have the Kisa setup...
Will there be some new designs and US distributors or at least a Euro vendor that ships to the US? I currently have the Kisa setup that I imported from Finland from Yoko direct.
If not im sure us over here can help you out
Bermworm
2/8/2019 8:04am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 8:05am
Sure miss those days Yoko made Fox gear Sinisalo made JT kit.Stuff wasn't just readily available like it is now online you had to use magazines and mail order and it was always a mystery.But you knew it came from Finland and the quality was outstanding. Real leather knees.Oh the good old days . Also made you feel that our sport was truly global and that through the pure simple love of trying to go as fast as possible riding a motor cycle around in the dirt we all had a connection no matter where you were on the planet.Glad Yoko is back.
MXMattii
2/8/2019 8:58am
Personally I think Yoko' designs aren't standing out enough to make people realize ICE One is riding with Yoko. They should make them use a existing design, instead of making something "special" for teams. Otherwise you will get the same effect as with HSF. Yoko sponsored them with custom white shirts and nobody ever realized.

You see it more and more that brands make custom things for teams, but people wanna buy stuff that Barcia wears for example. But you can't get closer than this and Tomac' gear has almost no similarity with the 2019 AStar line. I mean why pumping tons of money is the sport when people can't find similar gear then you are promoting on your racing, riding, crashing mannequin. Fox is doing things better with similar clothing then Roczen and the other sponsored pro's.
BR8ES
2/8/2019 9:03am
BR8ES wrote:
Will there be some new designs and US distributors or at least a Euro vendor that ships to the US? I currently have the Kisa setup...
shuggs wrote:
What? Maybe you are trying to be funny, but thanks for not really answering.
BR8ES
2/8/2019 9:06am
MXMattii wrote:
Personally I think Yoko' designs aren't standing out enough to make people realize ICE One is riding with Yoko. They should make them use a [url=https://www.yoko-europe.com/offroad-mx/offroad-mx-jerseys/viilee-jersey-black-white-yellow-66--196601?returnurl=%2foffroad-mx%2foffroad-mx-jerseys%2f]existing...
Personally I think Yoko' designs aren't standing out enough to make people realize ICE One is riding with Yoko. They should make them use a existing design, instead of making something "special" for teams. Otherwise you will get the same effect as with HSF. Yoko sponsored them with custom white shirts and nobody ever realized.

You see it more and more that brands make custom things for teams, but people wanna buy stuff that Barcia wears for example. But you can't get closer than this and Tomac' gear has almost no similarity with the 2019 AStar line. I mean why pumping tons of money is the sport when people can't find similar gear then you are promoting on your racing, riding, crashing mannequin. Fox is doing things better with similar clothing then Roczen and the other sponsored pro's.
Give them some time, Everts involvement should help things. Right?
2/8/2019 9:30am
MXMattii wrote:
Personally I think Yoko' designs aren't standing out enough to make people realize ICE One is riding with Yoko. They should make them use a [url=https://www.yoko-europe.com/offroad-mx/offroad-mx-jerseys/viilee-jersey-black-white-yellow-66--196601?returnurl=%2foffroad-mx%2foffroad-mx-jerseys%2f]existing...

Alpinestars doesn't market for gear on their American riders. I've read that's why they run whatever as far as gear goes. It's more for brand marketing of the boots, protection gear, and apparel.
MBR
2/8/2019 12:24pm
BR8ES wrote:
There are always some new stuff in pipeline and probably some replica stuff also. You can order also to US from the yoko-europe.com/webshop and check out the current designs.
gt80rider
2/8/2019 1:01pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
That black, yellow, and white kit second from the bottom looks really cool. It would probably break the internet if someone filmed the team owner Kimi...

BikeGuy321
2/8/2019 1:20pm
I like his answer when one of the media outlets asked him a second time "so Kimi, who will win the championship?" Kimi- "I told you already. The one who scores the most points."

His facial expressions during the post race interviews are classic too.
2/8/2019 1:42pm
mx317 wrote:
MBR wrote:
Yes! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/08/324029/s1200_nainen_1aca5443_4587_4274_8224_82fb9331c5b4_1024x1024.jpg[/img]
Yes!

About the same time? Only gear I have left.
Excaliburbmx
2/8/2019 3:39pm
I must not see the Yoko mx gear is there only two designs available?
TymeMoto
2/8/2019 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 7:28pm
Is this the gear that broke up the beetles?
DJP120ci
2/8/2019 10:51pm
BR8ES wrote:
shuggs wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
I think what shuggs is trying to say is, IF there is no way of ordering it in the US, someone living in Europe may be able to help out by buying/posting a set to you.
Might be wrong but that is how I read it.
shuggs
2/9/2019 12:20am
BR8ES wrote:
shuggs wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
What I meant was that I would post on to you but already stated you can order in US
2/9/2019 6:22am
Looked up the stuff on The website. Stuff looks good. My guess is it fits very “Euro”.
So up a size or two may be necessary, but IDK?

Ghost
faster48
2/9/2019 6:54am
great designs. Clean and easy to place name, numbers, sponsors. I really like it
BR8ES
2/9/2019 9:29am
shuggs wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
shuggs wrote:
What I meant was that I would post on to you but already stated you can order in US
thank you Shuggs, sorry for the misunderstanding. Sad Appreciate the help.

Glad I got a set, gear tags were cool as all the info was in Finnish. I will keep tabs and buy more as it goes. I like unique stuff.
Edd71
2/9/2019 1:22pm
Now if Sinisalo could be back too? Great quality.

Post a reply to: IceOne Racing goes Yoko

The Latest