Ian Trettle status topic *Updated: Ride Day / Benefit info

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:24pm
Can this topic be sticky or something...

I see this on twitter is this true? Is his status so bad is he in coma?

@joshhansen100: Please everyone pray for Ian trettle, young kid that just turned pro crashed at race yesterday and is in a coma....”

More ways to help Ian and his family:

Please visit www.road2recovery.com to make a donation.

Also visit www.vurbmoto.com to purchase t-shirts and bracelets to support Ian and his family.

Ride Day info: (The ride day is at Pala Raceway)

|
kongols
3/6/2011 8:37am
From what I understood it`s a precaution measurement. He`s being kept in a coma. I hope everything is well.
flarider
3/6/2011 8:43am
There are two types of "coma"
Traumatic and induced

Traumatic is where the injury is so severe, the patient goes into a coma
Induced is where the injured patient is sedated (medicated) into a coma in order to reduce movement, pain, and additional trauma, essentially better to make them sleep it off a day or so, than wake up, be in pain, miserable and possible cause more issues.

He was induced.
It's like when Chisholm was hurt a few weeks back and there was confusion and miscommunication on his being in a "coma"
He was induced because he was on a respirator due to his lung injury.
RMZ819
3/6/2011 8:46am
He must have some serious swelling of the brain. Being sedated is pretty serious. I hope he comes out of it ok with all of his motor functions intact.

The Shop

3/6/2011 2:09pm
Man, this is just horrendous. He's so early in his career also. I hope he can bounce back.
motokid40
3/6/2011 2:22pm
I was in an Induced coma a couple months ago for three weeks, when you get intubated, when you wake up you try to pull tubes out so they hit you with stuff that makes you sleep also I had bruised lungs like Chisolm and I was told the bruised part doesn't work so a week or two for them to heal.
mxer146
3/6/2011 2:46pm
From vurbmoto.com

DOC SAID 34 MINUTES AGO
Folks - I'm Ian's older brother Zep (Joe Jr) and I'm also a brain doctor by training, in route to Daytona now to be with Ian and my parents. I am going to post some info here periodically to keep all of you informed because I know there is much legitimate concern about Ian right now.

First off I'd like to say that he needs your best wishes right now. He remains in a medically-induced coma and will be for several days. The rationale behind the come is to keep the degee of brain swelling to a minimum - to keep the metabolic demands of his brain as low as possible. The next 48 hours are critical; he had a good night last night and this morning showed no additional signs of brain edema. Very positive indeed! The velocity of the impact was enough to cause some bleeding in the brain, which ia a serious concern. Right now he is in stable but critical condition. By the end of the week we should have a better grip on how well he will do in terms of prognosis.

It goes without saying that this is a very serious injury but we have good reason to remain hopeful and cautiously optimistic - as many of you know Ian is a bright, healthy and motivated kid and we all love and care for him tremendously. The staff at Halifax is doing exactly what needs to be done to ensure he has the best outcome possible. At this point, your best wishes and prayers are needed. We will remain by Ian's side, with him and supporting him.

The road ahead is difficult if not impossible to predict this early but again, we have good reason to be hopeful. The next 2 days are huge - yours thoughts and concerns are welcome and myself and the medical staff at Hailfax will be doing all that we can to get him into the recovery phase ASAP.

If you have any questions - just post them up here. Ill be glad to offer what I can without breaching Ian's and my family' privacy and integrity in this difficult time. Ian is in good hands and your thoughts and prayers are all important. - Zep Trettel
jndmx
3/6/2011 4:19pm
Wow.....that is awful.

Glad to hear in the update that Ian is in such good hands.
Our thoughts and prayers remain with Ian and his family.
TerryK
3/6/2011 4:38pm
Brain swelling and bleeding is bad, very bad. I'm guessing his racing days are over. I just hope Ian recovers enough to have a fairly normal life.

Bummer.
ebers
Fantasy
250th
3/6/2011 4:45pm
Thank you very much to Zep for giving us the update and the real facts. I'm pulling for Ian and the family that all goes well.
3/6/2011 4:53pm
very nice to have some answers. lastnight it sucked not know what was going on for so long.
i think ian can pull through this. mx has some of the toughest people out there.
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
3/6/2011 5:42pm
I didnt even know he crashed... My thoughts and prayers go out to the trettle family. What part of the track did he crash at? Does anyone see it? What happend..
Ddavis
3/6/2011 5:57pm
Anything involving bleeding in the brain is nothing to take lightly, everyone should really pray for Ian!
exsarg
3/6/2011 6:06pm
hopin for the best. any details on the crash?
HighCam
3/6/2011 9:03pm
I'll start by saying that I've been praying for Ian Trettle.

But if you could answer this, it might help others;

What type of helmet does Ian Trettle wear?

If he was wearing another type or a different brand of helmet, would the outcome to the same or different?
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
3/6/2011 9:08pm
Doesn't the entire rockstar zuki team wear One Industries?
petie11o5
3/6/2011 9:11pm
Thoughts and prayers are with Ian and his family. Get well soon bud!
level
3/6/2011 9:29pm
I personally don't think motocross helmets do enough to prevent concussions but that's another topic. Get well Ian. Hoping for a full recovery.
JaumeTGO
3/6/2011 10:34pm
Thanks Zep.

Get well soon Ian.......our prayers are with your family!!!
ocscottie
3/6/2011 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2011 11:27pm
HighCam wrote:
I'll start by saying that I've been praying for Ian Trettle. But if you could answer this, it might help others; What type of helmet does...

If he was wearing another type or a different brand of helmet, would the outcome to the same or different?
HighCam, can you please reduce the size of the photo in your sig...a lot. Or better yet, just use it as your avatar. Thanks.

and btw: i love that pic, it was one of my fav helmets EVER.
JOHN CHOATE
3/7/2011 5:14am
Prayers sent to Ian and family. Get well soon and RIDE ON!!!
SkidSteer
3/7/2011 5:34am
HighCam wrote:
I'll start by saying that I've been praying for Ian Trettle. But if you could answer this, it might help others; What type of helmet does...

ONE Industries TROOPER 2
motogrands
3/7/2011 5:37am
Thank you so much for the update. We are praying for Ian and the entire Trettle family.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/7/2011 5:42am
best wishes to him and the entire family.
onenastynotch
3/7/2011 5:48am
HighCam wrote:

SkidSteer wrote:
ONE Industries TROOPER 2
helmets are only desigined to take so much.......all of them go thru the snell and dot test
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
3/7/2011 11:43pm
A big 'get well soon' being sent out from Australia. Hope Ian and the Trettle family are coping ok. Thanks for the update Zep!

I must take part of the blame - I had him selected for my fantasy teams this week. I also had Chisolm when he crashed, KW when he crashed out....and a few others....oh, and Stewart as well. Perhaps I should pull out of the rest of the season to keep everyone safe!

Post a reply to: Ian Trettle status topic *Updated: Ride Day / Benefit info

The Latest