ISDE: USA win one for Caselli thread

Johnny Depp
Edited Date/Time 11/8/2014 3:06pm
|
Johnny Depp
11/2/2014 9:18pm

If you rented one for this race, here they are getting put together out of the crate.
tvo314
11/3/2014 12:59am
Really a cool event. Much respect to all who participate. I wish we could see Caselli continue his off road journey, he still had so much more to win, besides being such an awesome guy.

The Shop

peelout
11/3/2014 8:05am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 9:20am
Josh Knight grew up just miles from where i did and he's on the TeamGoFasters.com. i'm following them on Facebook and his dad is very very great about giving detail about the racing/events/etc.

here's the link to his dad's page so you guys can follow along. i've been checking it every day and it looks like they are set up for a great week of racing

LINK
Johnny Depp
11/3/2014 9:09am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 9:16am
Peelout, thanks for the link, I was reading the same stuff on ktmtalk http://www.ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?t=502319 but you may have to be member to read it. Ton's of good photos.

Hard to read in spanish, but it looks like Taylor Robert is in 4th after the 6th special test today.
Bearuno
11/3/2014 9:11am
peelout wrote:
Josh Knight grew up just miles from where i did and he's on the TeamGoFasters.com. i'm following them on Facebook and his dad is very very...
Josh Knight grew up just miles from where i did and he's on the TeamGoFasters.com. i'm following them on Facebook and his dad is very very great about giving detail about the racing/events/etc.

here's the link to his dad's page so you guys can follow along. i've been checking it every day and it looks like they are set up for a great week of racing

LINK
Unless someone has dropped out, he's not on the Junior Trophy Team. Peelout.

Clubman rider - TeamGoFasters.com, as far as I know. This is Not written to knock the young man - I've enjoyed following his adventures - the experiences he's getting through his being able to do the ISDE(s) are something very special, that few youngsters will ever have - it's just written so as not to have the wrong info on him out there.

If indeed he has been elevated to the Junior Trophy Team, well, that's an incredible honor for him. Whatever his status, I wish him, and all competitors, the best of luck / the best of events. The last 6 Days I got to was Germany - spectator only at that event - and it's something epic. Next one I get to is Wales, I think, though I'm trying to get to Czecho next year, if I can tye it in with the MXDN.

His dad does great reportage of the event - far better than most Journalists / mags efforts. I hope a few here follow Josh / the event.

I think / hope Matthes is joking when he goes on about how Zach Osborne shouldn't be doing the Six Days. I love seeing high level MXers / SXers breaking out of their near hermetically sealed and regimented lives, and doing something different. Competing for your country should never be criticized, even if jokingly.
peelout
11/3/2014 9:19am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 9:20am
peelout wrote:
Josh Knight grew up just miles from where i did and he's on the TeamGoFasters.com. i'm following them on Facebook and his dad is very very...

LINK
Bearuno wrote:
Unless someone has dropped out, he's not on the Junior Trophy Team. Peelout. Clubman rider - TeamGoFasters.com, as far as I know. This is [i]Not[/i] written...
Unless someone has dropped out, he's not on the Junior Trophy Team. Peelout.

Clubman rider - TeamGoFasters.com, as far as I know. This is Not written to knock the young man - I've enjoyed following his adventures - the experiences he's getting through his being able to do the ISDE(s) are something very special, that few youngsters will ever have - it's just written so as not to have the wrong info on him out there.

If indeed he has been elevated to the Junior Trophy Team, well, that's an incredible honor for him. Whatever his status, I wish him, and all competitors, the best of luck / the best of events. The last 6 Days I got to was Germany - spectator only at that event - and it's something epic. Next one I get to is Wales, I think, though I'm trying to get to Czecho next year, if I can tye it in with the MXDN.

His dad does great reportage of the event - far better than most Journalists / mags efforts. I hope a few here follow Josh / the event.

I think / hope Matthes is joking when he goes on about how Zach Osborne shouldn't be doing the Six Days. I love seeing high level MXers / SXers breaking out of their near hermetically sealed and regimented lives, and doing something different. Competing for your country should never be criticized, even if jokingly.
you're completely correct, i got in a hurry and got ahead of myself. thanks for the correction, my initial post has been edited
shanhard
11/3/2014 9:27am
Enduro21.com are reporting that Osborne may already be out. Aussie Daniel Milner may also be out too Sad
This info is not confirmed yet but if true I will be spewing!
Johnny Depp
11/3/2014 9:34am
Osborne out! Our chances dashed again on Day one.... I hope it's not true.
hoopmx
11/3/2014 9:49am
Osborne out! Our chances dashed again on Day one.... I hope it's not true.
From what I understand he had a mechanical but he's still going. He has a result through test three. Regardless, the Trophy team is currently ahead of France by over a minute after day one so they're still in it.
Johnny Depp
11/3/2014 9:58am
Thanks, and great! I still haven't found out where to get results today?
Titan1
11/3/2014 10:33am
peelout wrote:

LINK
the Knights are all good people! I've had the honor of being lapped by Josh at a couple of hare scrambles in the past, and have the privilege of calling them friends....Josh and his dad are a couple of the nicest people I've ever met.

EastFlorida
11/3/2014 10:49am
Thanks for the Knight link. I really like the updates "Dad" puts out there! I'll be following for sure.
Titan1
11/3/2014 12:41pm
USA Trophy team is in 2nd place after day one (less than 20 seconds behind France), despite Osborne's bike breaking... Jr. Trophy team sits in 4th.
shanhard
11/3/2014 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 12:46pm
And the Aussies are in third behind USA. Our Junior and Women's teams are kicking arse, both in first overall with our girls 1st, 2nd and 3rd individually!!!

Daniel Milner is out with a crushed finger, got it squished between his bars and a rock in a crash Sad
shanhard
11/3/2014 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 12:48pm
tried to embed instagram, it didnt work
Johnny Depp
11/3/2014 12:59pm
OK, Great 1st day team USA! The Aussies are looking good too...
Titan1
11/3/2014 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 1:04pm
Utah Local Josh Knight is 2nd in C-1 after the first day (just under two minutes behind the Italian in 1st).
TankSlapper
11/3/2014 1:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
USA Trophy team is in 2nd place after day one (less than 20 seconds behind France), despite Osborne's bike breaking... Jr. Trophy team sits in 4th.
Titan1
11/3/2014 1:20pm
Team USA going 1,2, 4 (Buttrick,Burson, Kelley, respectively) in C3...

Good stuff!
Titan1
11/3/2014 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 1:23pm
USA goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 in C2!!!

Bach
Sutherlin
Delong
Coy
Schafer
Kelley
Dorsey
Sode

(in that order)

The club teams rocked day 1! It'll be a long week...but hopefully, today is an indication of a GREAT week.

"Ride like Caselli"...
Bearuno
11/3/2014 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 5:01pm
Various reports / pictures on the Web and and Michael Knights early comments about how the terrain matches so much of his / his boys / general Western USA terrain, remind me of the video / quote from Chile that Kurt C gave.

His "travelogue" of a days course, using descriptions of various places / races (that, after over 4 decades of reading US mags and now pretty much that amount of time travelling to and from your country, I'm pretty familiar with) to decribe that days course. I think it was in an interview Chilly White got from him, and / or it was from the Six Days DVD. It was a wonderfully laconic / down to earth way of describing that the course was very much what he / many US riders could deal with. KC was so much more than just a fast motorcycle rider. .

Bummer that Milner, for OZ and 'Zachy Pooh' (Copyright : Pooky Matthes) are out so early. A countries Team can still do well with just 5 riders left. Though, it's a long way till the finish, a zillion things can happen. And by the look of things, it's a fast course - arid zone races are like that. Not my favourite terrain, though it's what I mostly ride in.
MtnBoy
11/3/2014 8:03pm
Great first day, probably the best ever for our Team as a whole. All trophy riders in the top 15 (except Osborne obviously) and 9 out of the top 10 club riders! Bravo boys!

However, it's gonna be tough being one guy down already, doable though, they are just gonna have to be flawless.

Looks silty, probably filters at every pit I'd imagine for the top guys, can't be too careful with 5 days of hard riding to go. I'd be curious to know how many filters the KTM service truck brought!

I'm predicting Taylor Robert to start getting some test wins in the coming days. He should be "in the groove" after today.

Bummer for the Aussies about Milner.
Crush
11/3/2014 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 8:25pm

Post a reply to: ISDE: USA win one for Caselli thread

The Latest