ISDE Cancelled for the first time since WW2

LungButter
3/30/2020 10:02am
Dang, this event is a long way out but I'm not surprised its getting cancelled when you consider all the logistics that go in to it.

https://enduro21.com/index.php/isde/4889-isde-italy-2020-postponed-unti…
|
agn5009
3/30/2020 10:23am
Booo Sad
JustMX
3/30/2020 11:12am
There are going to be long term affects of this pandemic for years.

Never mind the world wide depression that might result and/or strife that could result from finger pointing or some power hungry entity attempting to capitalize on the Kaos, things could get ugly

Just off the top of my head, if anywhere near the deaths occur in the elderly population here in the states it might create a backlog in probate courts and the law firms handling estates and property tranfer.

Something like that could really complicate land use here for an event like the isde which I suspect is very complicated to arrange just about anywhere.

Add on to that strained resources for law enforcement, emergency personel, and the entire health care system and this announcement is just preemptive because it was probably inevitable.
LungButter
3/30/2020 11:37am
JustMX wrote:
There are going to be long term affects of this pandemic for years. Never mind the world wide depression that might result and/or strife that could...

Never mind the world wide depression that might result and/or strife that could result from finger pointing or some power hungry entity attempting to capitalize on the Kaos, things could get ugly

Just off the top of my head, if anywhere near the deaths occur in the elderly population here in the states it might create a backlog in probate courts and the law firms handling estates and property tranfer.

Something like that could really complicate land use here for an event like the isde which I suspect is very complicated to arrange just about anywhere.

Add on to that strained resources for law enforcement, emergency personel, and the entire health care system and this announcement is just preemptive because it was probably inevitable.
Agreed.

Although I don't think the Virus will have anything to do with having an ISDE in America, that ship sailed a long, long time ago.
Titan1
3/30/2020 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2020 12:22pm
JustMX wrote:
There are going to be long term affects of this pandemic for years. Never mind the world wide depression that might result and/or strife that could...

LungButter wrote:
Agreed.

Although I don't think the Virus will have anything to do with having an ISDE in America, that ship sailed a long, long time ago.
Yup...no ISDE in America...unless some billionaire that owns a 10 million acres wants to host it on his land or something...a public land ISDE won't happen here...the vocal minority of environmentalists have too many loud speakers and, with them, have fooled government officials into thinking they represent a larger portion of the population than they do.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
3/30/2020 2:37pm
JustMX wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Agreed.

Titan1 wrote:
Yup...no ISDE in America...unless some billionaire that owns a 10 million acres wants to host it on his land or something...a public land ISDE won't happen...
Yup...no ISDE in America...unless some billionaire that owns a 10 million acres wants to host it on his land or something...a public land ISDE won't happen here...the vocal minority of environmentalists have too many loud speakers and, with them, have fooled government officials into thinking they represent a larger portion of the population than they do.
...and have also overstated the environmental damage that would actually happen.
YamaLink
3/30/2020 2:54pm
US fans have been riding a wave of good results lately after decades of ISDT/E heart break (sporadic high points, respectively).
3/30/2020 3:04pm
Such a bummer. I feel bad for everyone that qualified to go this year. People put a lot of time, money and effort into that.
LungButter
3/30/2020 3:55pm
Such a bummer. I feel bad for everyone that qualified to go this year. People put a lot of time, money and effort into that.
I don't think very many of the qualifiers have been held yet. Maybe 1 (2 at most) on each coast, so at least this came out before everyone did the whole series.
Erek_Kudla
3/31/2020 7:53am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2020 7:55am
LungButter wrote:
I don't think very many of the qualifiers have been held yet. Maybe 1 (2 at most) on each coast, so at least this came out...
I don't think very many of the qualifiers have been held yet. Maybe 1 (2 at most) on each coast, so at least this came out before everyone did the whole series.
Only 1 Qualifier has been hosted on the West. The first East was cancelled by the venue the week prior. So no one had qualified yet, you had to go to 2 to earn qualification.

Ironically, for those who say "ISDE will never come to the US"... it was in the works. NOT 2022 in Ohio (thanks for starting that terrible rumor) but it was in the works.

Post a reply to: ISDE Cancelled for the first time since WW2

The Latest