ISDE 2021 ~ Italians & Josep Garcia dominating after Day 3

LungButter
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2021 5:18pm
Starting to see some stuff pop up on Social Media. Team USA unloaded the container this morning and bikes are starting to go together.

Saw a post on Facebook that said the KTM Container has not arrived yet, barely getting all the bikes to the event on time always seems to be part of the ISDE adventure.

I'm pretty sure Josh Knight is going to have some good coverage coming from the Club Rider perspective, here's his first Video from before he left home.

His dad Michael Knight also usually posts great daily reports on his social media.

Any other Club riders we should be following?

Excited for my good friend John Beal to be there racing on the over 40 team. This is his 4th ISDE with his first trip being in 1999!

Enduro21 should have good coverage as usual, what other media/social media is everyone following to keep up to date?

|
Bearuno
8/24/2021 8:58am
Yes, Michael Knight does a great job with his coverage of each event he / his son (well, family) attends. I've watched them every year that they done the ISDE.

I especially appreciated Josh's decision to cancel the 'just one last ride'.

For those that are just Moto oriented, ease up a bit on your navel gazing, and follow Ride With The Knights, you won't regret it.

I've a fair few different ISDE / Enduro filmers / Vlogers I follow, I've just got to 'T' them up to the top of my YouTube listings, before the event. I'd planned to go for at least a few days this year, during my usual travels, but, well, things are a bit different, nowadays, aren't they........?
LungButter
8/24/2021 9:17am
ISDE is definitely one of my favorite events of the year!

I think 'we' have a good chance at defending the Trophy Team title this year. For those that don't know, the US Trophy Team this year is:

Taylor Robert
Ryan Sipes
Layne Michael
Johnny Girroir

TR, Sipes and Layne have all been on winning teams before and Johnny Girroir is possibly the fastest off road 250f rider in the world right now.....in a few weeks time he may have proven that....I expect him to turn some heads, probably win some test overalls and win his class.

Sipes is ripping a 300 2-stroke, that should be fun to watch.

For the moto guys....remember Cole Martinez? He's on a Club Team this year with a couple other fast West Coast guys.
xrmark
8/24/2021 9:47am
Preston Campbell is racing as well 🤘🏻

The Shop

183Matt
Fantasy
1401st
8/24/2021 1:41pm
Josh is teamed up with a couple of my buddies this year. Hope they can bring home a gold!
8/24/2021 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2021 3:38pm
I’m racing my 4th ISDE and things are looking great here! Since you asked about coverage (which majorly lacks for this event..) here is a shameless plug for my e-mail newsletter. Check out tinyletter.com/Nferderer to subscribe and get updates to your inbox, thanks!
LungButter
8/24/2021 8:05pm
I’m racing my 4th ISDE and things are looking great here! Since you asked about coverage (which majorly lacks for this event..) here is a shameless...
I’m racing my 4th ISDE and things are looking great here! Since you asked about coverage (which majorly lacks for this event..) here is a shameless plug for my e-mail newsletter. Check out tinyletter.com/Nferderer to subscribe and get updates to your inbox, thanks!
Best of luck Nate! ✊
Bearuno
8/25/2021 6:12am
I’m racing my 4th ISDE and things are looking great here! Since you asked about coverage (which majorly lacks for this event..) here is a shameless...
I just caught up with your writings, Nate.

They are a good introduction to blokes here that might be pure Moto.

I was surprised at your use of an SX-F, as I thought the XC-F had many more differences, especially the gearbox. But, nope, same as the SX-F. And as you're with Kreft Moto, you sure as hell have the fast line to good suspension. And, $700 in saving, helps with necessary mods.

Have Fun ( if you have Fun, you do Well, is my outlook on things). I wish I was able to get there this year, I'd set it as a plan last year, as I absolutely love Italy - the Lombardy region especially.
Titan1
8/25/2021 10:03am
I'm so excited for this event...I can't wait for the updates. GO USA!
LungButter
8/26/2021 11:02am
Some good footage of a few of the tests here. It's gonna be dusty if it doesn't rain but the terrain looks awesome anyway!

Bearuno
8/27/2021 6:12am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2021 6:44am
An interesting series of Videos from Italy / the FIM and, Rally POV : "Destination Six Days" .

As much (deserved, at times) flack the FIM gets, TVFIM is pretty bloody good.

But, to placate some noodles that may be upset by a different language (we've a fair few here that can't deal with even the slightest of accents - bloody Drongos Woohoo ) , here's a short vid of 'The General', Ryan Sipes talking about this years ISDE, and getting familiar with the 300 2T:

https://youtu.be/dAm-1hDYUrU

This is an intro to this years 6 Day :
https://youtu.be/7y3qj1EDC7I

First ep, with organizers:

https://youtu.be/1-mkPM5Em6M

Buggered if I can find Ep 2 - this one is in Italian, like the rest, and CCs come up in Italian , but you can click on Auto Translate to get English (whereas the other episodes have English CCs as standard) :

https://youtu.be/rjxICM3S0eg

Third and Fourth, which will give you a look at the Red Moto set up in Italy:

https://youtu.be/368lf4bUjcQ

https://youtu.be/j_tr6i_HOGM

Hopefully He'll keep these up during the event.

One from the commentators ' Rally POV (he has a lot of good stuff, on Enduro and Rally) You Tube channel, with the Enduro Great, Mario Rinaldi :

https://youtu.be/L5p08WMDxI4

Oh, and one for our resident Beta fanatic, Johnny Depp :

https://youtu.be/qrZpBOOtohIWhistling
LungButter
8/27/2021 6:32am
Those destination Six Days videos are great and those Red Moto Honda’s....beauties!
Bearuno
8/27/2021 6:36am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2021 6:43am
LungButter wrote:
Those destination Six Days videos are great and those Red Moto Honda’s....beauties!
The fact that the Hondas come with quite a few changes from Japan to Red Moto, was eye opening to me.

They've a Lot of pull with the Factory, it appears. Just as their predecessors, HM had. With my old beast, Honda OZ sourced a fair few things from HM Italy, to have them set up for Rego / Plating.
LungButter
8/27/2021 6:38am
I was surprised by that too, I always thought Red Moto was just a “hop up shop” and not so much connected to Big Red at the Factory Level but they sure seem to be.

Can’t wait for racing on Monday. Wish the Aussies were there to add some drama, would someone be able to fill Sanders’ shoes? How’s the next generation looking down there?
Bearuno
8/27/2021 6:58am
"How’s the next generation looking down there?"

Mate, it seems bloody endless. So many incredibly fast young blokes coming through. And, with the success of others before them, OS (over seas), the Teams / Factories have no problem giving a few a chance, so youngsters can see the possibility of a good future in Off Road racing.

Something to say about Josh Knight : it seems we've (who've followed Michael's "Ride with the Knights since the start) watched him grow up into a fine young Man.

There are so many You Tubers that put out Enduro / ISDE videos, I'll be glued to my Grandads old recliner for the next week or two. And, the World MTB Championships is on, too!
LungButter
8/29/2021 6:54am
Racing starts tomorrow.

Reports are saying a lot of the tests are on the fast side, if it stays dry we could see a break out ride for Dante Oliviera on the world stage.
8/29/2021 7:27am
LungButter wrote:
Racing starts tomorrow. Reports are saying a lot of the tests are on the fast side, if it stays dry we could see a break out...
Racing starts tomorrow.

Reports are saying a lot of the tests are on the fast side, if it stays dry we could see a break out ride for Dante Oliviera on the world stage.
is Dante riding 450 ? if so i think he will do really good
LungButter
8/29/2021 10:04am
is Dante riding 450 ? if so i think he will do really good
He is, on the Junior Team.

Austin Walton is also a blazing fast West Coast guy on our Junior Team. The conditions should suit him very well too.

They have a damn good shot of winning.

Anybody know the last time a Junior rider won the individual overall? It has to have been done right?
ktmfun219
Fantasy
401st
8/29/2021 2:59pm
I guess the ISDE strong teams may have to only prepare for the "Wood Chips" put on the course over 6 days. LOL.
LungButter
8/29/2021 5:48pm
ktmfun219 wrote:
I guess the ISDE strong teams may have to only prepare for the "Wood Chips" put on the course over 6 days. LOL.
Huh?
Titan1
8/29/2021 6:22pm
I’m so pumped! It’s going to be an unproductive week of work for me…constantly looking online for coverage of the event and watching reading everything I can find.
Titan1
8/30/2021 8:00am
I saw that Mike Knight posted yesterday that Kobee Knight (Josh's younger brother) is now racing as a VERY last minute fill-in for one of the club riders on the Missouri Mudders club team (as a member of that team was injured).

Mike posted the story on his facebook page...crazy how it all came together.

But that does mean, that the "ride with the knights" coverage of the event will be taking a back seat (Kobee works for, and does all video editing for Rocky Mountain ATV for their YouTube and other social media...in addition to the ride with the knights stuff)...so I was looking forward to some great coverage of the event from him...so I'm a little bummed about that, but happy for Kobee. Chance of a lifetime for him.

Kobee is a great rider himself...races AA enduro's, raced all the ISDE west coast qualifiers (LOI) and was very close to qualifying on his own anyway, so he should be a good replacement. Nothing wrong with being in the right place at the right time though.

Post a reply to: ISDE 2021 ~ Italians & Josep Garcia dominating after Day 3

The Latest