IS JLAW ANOTHER DOGGER.

croom mx
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 1:02pm
What do you guys think? (i.e.) Ron Lechien.
|
KAWboy14
6/10/2008 2:15pm
i think hes a kid that needs his momma to whoop him and set him straight!
WhKnuckle
6/10/2008 2:21pm
No, he doesn't have the Dogger's talent. Which makes it even more important for him to keep his nose clean.
curmudgeon
6/10/2008 2:29pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
No, he doesn't have the Dogger's talent. Which makes it even more important for him to keep his nose clean.
Agreed. Dogger won the 125 outdoors, JLaw never will win the MX2 unless he gets his act together, and don't give me the whole west coast SX title thing. A short series with even shorter races with half the field is not really a major accomplishment, it's more based on luck than pure skill and determination. If it would have been one series with the whole field I don't think he could have done better than third.
Sondy132001
6/10/2008 2:32pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Ronnie was so incredible to watch racing, whether SX or Outdoors, pure natural talent !

S

The Shop

mx836
6/10/2008 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2008 2:43pm
Will you guys just STFU about Jason Lawrence. Can I come on this board and not have to read in every post about how you know it alls think he is pissing away his career. Maybe we should start a thread for each and every guy that threw his leg over a bike, so you can compare him to each one and will have endless opportunities to talk shit.
G-man
6/10/2008 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:14pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Ronnie was so incredible to watch racing, whether SX or Outdoors, pure natural talent !

S
The MotoD story when he was out late partying with the ladies & DeCoster busted him was classic.

"Don't worry man I won't let you down" or something along those lines....

Then he went out and hauled the mail the next day.....

Next thing that's gonna happen is he's gonna pull a Mike "I tripped over my boot" Craig and be a NO-SHOW!!!!!

I hope not cuz I still like the guy for being who he is....
6/10/2008 2:54pm
curmudgeon wrote:
Agreed. Dogger won the 125 outdoors, JLaw never will win the MX2 unless he gets his act together, and don't give me the whole west coast...
Agreed. Dogger won the 125 outdoors, JLaw never will win the MX2 unless he gets his act together, and don't give me the whole west coast SX title thing. A short series with even shorter races with half the field is not really a major accomplishment, it's more based on luck than pure skill and determination. If it would have been one series with the whole field I don't think he could have done better than third.
bold opinion to say the least. so with no skill or determination, im sure you can go out and win a sx lites title no problem right? or your just not that lucky? or he is probably also lucky that he is the only other rider to win a mx2 moto this year besides RV. probably didnt take very much skill. especially on a track like glen helen. pure luck.
Moto547
6/10/2008 2:54pm
mx836 wrote:
Will you guys just STFU about Jason Lawrence. Can I come on this board and not have to read in every post about how you know...
Will you guys just STFU about Jason Lawrence. Can I come on this board and not have to read in every post about how you know it alls think he is pissing away his career. Maybe we should start a thread for each and every guy that threw his leg over a bike, so you can compare him to each one and will have endless opportunities to talk shit.
dude no shit. Jason has a TON of talent. Hes young. Thats what young people do. Drink, party, smoke weed etc excluding a few of the good kids (TC RV RD) but other than that I guarantee you a majority of the younger lites guys drink and stuff. good example or not.
WhKnuckle
6/10/2008 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2008 2:56pm
Lechien had an incredible, indescribable ability to ride fast while burning almost no physical energy. His sense of balance and rhythm were inhuman. Lawrence doesn't ride like that at all.
wpcjs
6/10/2008 2:59pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Lechien had an incredible, indescribable ability to ride fast while burning almost no physical energy. His sense of balance and rhythm were inhuman. Lawrence doesn't ride...
Lechien had an incredible, indescribable ability to ride fast while burning almost no physical energy. His sense of balance and rhythm were inhuman. Lawrence doesn't ride like that at all.
I agree, when he won at Pontiac he looked like he was going slow he was so smooooooth!!
G-man
6/10/2008 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:14pm
I saw the Dogger at Washougal on a 500, he waxed the field & looked like he was playing on a 100. Poetry in motion.

bd
6/10/2008 4:03pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

S
He was a one of a kind. Don't think most could party all night and then perform at that level. The other: Max Magee!
Big Lenny
6/10/2008 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2008 4:25pm
Does anyone remember RL sayin' "We were going fast, but not that fast" talking about todays crop?..I didn't think so...
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
6/10/2008 4:59pm
Lechien was awesome, don't even compare him to Lawrence
curmudgeon
6/10/2008 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:15pm
bold opinion to say the least. so with no skill or determination, im sure you can go out and win a sx lites title no problem...
bold opinion to say the least. so with no skill or determination, im sure you can go out and win a sx lites title no problem right? or your just not that lucky? or he is probably also lucky that he is the only other rider to win a mx2 moto this year besides RV. probably didnt take very much skill. especially on a track like glen helen. pure luck.
I don't know why I am even bothering to respond to this drivel, other than for my own amusement watching you get in a total hissy fit but here I go.

First I fail to see where I was talking about myself in that post, but maybe there is something that lies between the lines that I was unaware of. All I was doing was comparing Dogger and JLaw's ability to perform regardless of a particular hard living lifestyle. The gist of my argument was based on Dogger winning an AMA outdoor national series, not just one moto. If JLaw ever accomplishes that then I will stand corrected, but as things seem to be going this year I don't see it happening soon.

I also did not say that the kid doesn't have skills it's just that some of his skills, partying, seem to be to the detriment of some of his other skills, riding. My point was Dogger, who possessed the same skill set, seemed to excel at both without it being a detriment to the other. Do I really care what JLaw does, certainly not he is equally entertaining whether it is winning motos or rolling rental cars.

As far as his one moto win goes I wouldn't go as far as to say he was lucky, but was certainly a benefactor of circumstance, RV's bad start, Ryan Sipes holding up faster riders, track being difficult to pass on. He barely held off BM and AS at the end.

If my own personal experience is relevant in this case, which it is not, my personal expertise and wisdom comes from pissing away many talents and opportunities that I have had through wine, woman and weed. Now in my mid life I do have many regrets, but all this is irrelevant because the post was not meant as some sort of morality lesson just a comparison between two riders that seem to share some of the same characteristics.

The question is why you feel it is necessary to come to JLaws defense for a slight to his character that I have made. Is it due to your own personal character flaws that at this point you have been unable to address head on?

Lastly thank you for your compliment. Yes it is certainly my opinion and the fact that you call it bold in some cases may be considered positive statement and frankly that is the only way I can be bothered to take it because it is your opinion and I don't give a shit.

Please feel free to respond, I sure could use the entertainment.
jtomasik
6/10/2008 5:46pm
I like J-Law. He adds variety to the scene. I hope he's around a long, long time. He's kinda like a mentally retarded version of Travis Pastrana.
WhKnuckle
6/10/2008 5:50pm
jtomasik wrote:
I like J-Law. He adds variety to the scene. I hope he's around a long, long time. He's kinda like a mentally retarded version of Travis...
I like J-Law. He adds variety to the scene. I hope he's around a long, long time. He's kinda like a mentally retarded version of Travis Pastrana.
I think that wins the award for the most back-handed compliment in the history of the world. Accurate, too. Kudos.
6/10/2008 5:55pm
jtomasik wrote:
I like J-Law. He adds variety to the scene. I hope he's around a long, long time. He's kinda like a mentally retarded version of Travis...
exactly...

and to you curmud or whatev... i didnt even read all that. i think you took my post to harshly. all i was doing was making the point that he has achieved alot more than most riders out there. and achieved something many could only wish for. and for you to say it was luck, is just wrong in my eyes.
curmudgeon
6/10/2008 5:56pm
jtomasik wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
I think that wins the award for the most back-handed compliment in the history of the world. Accurate, too. Kudos.
Made me laugh.

I hope the kid can get up on the podium consistently this year. It's sort of like watching the old Ed McMahon show "Kids say the darndest things."
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
6/10/2008 5:56pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

S
While I agree, to compare today's Motocross with the late 80's-90's is tough. The only comparable notion is wheels and color. The tracks, the speed the fitness is completely different... all together.
curmudgeon
6/10/2008 6:04pm
exactly... and to you curmud or whatev... i didnt even read all that. i think you took my post to harshly. all i was doing was...
exactly...

and to you curmud or whatev... i didnt even read all that. i think you took my post to harshly. all i was doing was making the point that he has achieved alot more than most riders out there. and achieved something many could only wish for. and for you to say it was luck, is just wrong in my eyes.
Not harshly just failed to see the reliance. It's was in comparing SX2 title to an MX2 title that I was refering to luck. In winning a SX2 title luck is more of a factor. You can dnf a moto or two and still win a MX2 title, but dnf one of 7 or 8 SX2 races and it's pretty much game over. RV has certainly demonstrated that for us over the last year. In my mind an M2 title is much more of an accomplishment.
Larry
6/10/2008 6:22pm
No JLaw is not the modern version of the Dogger, not even close.
6/10/2008 6:48pm
exactly... and to you curmud or whatev... i didnt even read all that. i think you took my post to harshly. all i was doing was...
exactly...

curmudgeon wrote:
Not harshly just failed to see the reliance. It's was in comparing SX2 title to an MX2 title that I was refering to luck. In winning...
Not harshly just failed to see the reliance. It's was in comparing SX2 title to an MX2 title that I was refering to luck. In winning a SX2 title luck is more of a factor. You can dnf a moto or two and still win a MX2 title, but dnf one of 7 or 8 SX2 races and it's pretty much game over. RV has certainly demonstrated that for us over the last year. In my mind an M2 title is much more of an accomplishment.
im just going off of my memory which totally sucks, but didnt jason get DQed or something stupid this year in sx? i think he stalled the bike, and it wouldnt start and when it finally did, the leaders were coming back around, so they black flagged him because they thought he might try to mess with them. ??? am i close atleast?
curmudgeon
6/10/2008 6:51pm
im just going off of my memory which totally sucks, but didnt jason get DQed or something stupid this year in sx? i think he stalled...
im just going off of my memory which totally sucks, but didnt jason get DQed or something stupid this year in sx? i think he stalled the bike, and it wouldnt start and when it finally did, the leaders were coming back around, so they black flagged him because they thought he might try to mess with them. ??? am i close atleast?
So what are you trying to say? Do you actually have a point?

Post a reply to: IS JLAW ANOTHER DOGGER.

The Latest