IPO Race Team

Not saying it can or will work but would be nice to see it happen,If an NFL, MLB, NBA team did this it would sky rocket. With the state of Moto and the riders available it would be (creative ) to have someone with team manager experience start a team funded and backed by the fans (IPO) then see how the thing manifest's itself, (A team like how Forest butler started) 1000 shares at $1000 or 5000 shares at $250 or whatever price point. I think it could spark some more exposure for the sport too.
|
11/10/2016 11:06am
So does everyone get a vote regarding team decisions/riders/sponsors? I could easily see that not working well once you reach 2 shareholders let alone hundreds.
Mini Elsinore
11/10/2016 11:34am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2016 11:36am
So the money is raised-----once----unless additional rounds are raised with a dilutive effect on existing shareholders. Otherwise, how are additional funds raised going forward?

Also, how does the entrrprise sustain? How will you generate alpha (ROI)? And, if you were somehow able to capture lightening in a bottle, how would you fend off a 'short storm' that crushes current share-price? BTW, an audit of a public company will run six-figures, annually.

Racing is an expense and not an investment, imo. I believe Chad Reed would agree.
calcoast
11/10/2016 11:35am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2016 11:38am
I dont think the ROI would be worth investing in a race team.

Edit: I actually think the Green Bay Packers has something along these lines.
olds cool
11/10/2016 1:23pm
Sounds like a Go Fund Me racing effort on steroids...

The Shop

11/10/2016 5:04pm
Interesting idea for passionate fans to have an outlet to become involved in racing, but would be nearly impossible as an "investment".

Mini Elsinore - lots of good points, but worth noting that ROI and alpha aren't the same thing...
Mini Elsinore
11/10/2016 5:28pm
Interesting idea for passionate fans to have an outlet to become involved in racing, but would be nearly impossible as an "investment". Mini Elsinore - lots...
Interesting idea for passionate fans to have an outlet to become involved in racing, but would be nearly impossible as an "investment".

Mini Elsinore - lots of good points, but worth noting that ROI and alpha aren't the same thing...
Correct, but investors expect to see both from an investment. My use of the parathetical was just me being lazy. Tongue
11/10/2016 6:03pm
The idea is a Team manager runs the team (makes the decisions) and once established and thriving sponsors would be funding the team. (butler bro's) Obviously this wouldn't be a true investment but more of a fanatical one. (GB packers ect..)
11/10/2016 7:48pm
There was a F1 team that did this some years back. Google is failing me and I can't find it, but fans could buy a "share" for like $500 and get a sticker on the car.

Here's something closer to what you suggest from Williams - not sure that this ended up happening or not.
11/10/2016 8:10pm
Just in Vital you have 3 responses to a question you get 3 different replies how would you get all the people needed to pay for this agreeing on any 1 decision regarding the team.
11/10/2016 8:38pm
Just in Vital you have 3 responses to a question you get 3 different replies how would you get all the people needed to pay for...
Just in Vital you have 3 responses to a question you get 3 different replies how would you get all the people needed to pay for this agreeing on any 1 decision regarding the team.
A share holder is completely different then being on the board of directors

Post a reply to: IPO Race Team

The Latest