INJECTIONEERING HELP!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2016 4:16 PM

Anyone live close to this guys shop, which is in Torrance, CA? He received my throttle body July 27th, had it finished by that day, called me and took $300 payment over phone. I have called and called and called and left messages every time and I have yet to hear back from him nor have I received my throttle body back. I have also tracked all incoming shipments to my work and as of today, August 9th, It has still not been shipped back to me. Really hoping someone lives close to him that is willing to help me out and pay him a visit to set him straight... If someone out there can help feel free to call or text me at 928-287-9956.
Thank You,
Tyler W.

|

8/9/2016 4:23 PM

Wow, old Wade is still in business?

Sorry to break it to you but he's been doing this shit for years. Do a srlearch and you'll see.
Mbest of luck, I hope you get your parts back but don't hold your breath.

Not sure what to suggest for recourse. Seems like he's immune to public shaming.

|

8/9/2016 4:26 PM

This is probably the 6th different thread i can remember reading about this dude.

|

8/9/2016 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2016 8:17 AM

I already filed fraud with my bank and got my $300 back that he charged, but he still has my throttle body which will cost me $500 to replace new... I have left him so many messages and just asked him to simply call me to let me know where my throttle body is and why it hasn't been shipped. He was very nice and helpful over the phone initially, then he got my money and no MIA!!! How the hell is this guy still in business if he has screwed over multiple people???

|

8/9/2016 4:39 PM

with all the threads on this crook I cant believe anybody would send him stuff to work on

|

8/9/2016 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 4:58 PM

racer369 wrote:

with all the threads on this crook I cant believe anybody would send him stuff to work on

Probably a little harsh. I dont search Vital for every MX decision I have to make. Obviously OP didnt know this is how it would go. So, it can be hard to check for a scenario prophylactically, when you dont even know the problem exists.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/9/2016 5:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 5:00 PM

racer369 wrote:

kzizok wrote:

Probably a little harsh. I dont search Vital for every MX decision I have to make. Obviously OP didnt know this is how it ...more

Exactly....I found him by google searching "dirtbike throttle body modifications". I regret not doing a review search but like i said everything was good with him including our phone conversation until after he took my money. I would still love to have my modded throttle body back and would be fine repaying him but he just needs to get back to me ASAP.... Im guessing he is a one man show and is swamped but at the same time I question that thought because he finished my throttle body the day he received it, or at least thats what he told me on phone...Have called him 30 times today and still not a single answer!!

|

8/9/2016 5:02 PM

dang- Sorry to hear about your experience OneTrack- Hope you get it resolved..

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2021 GasGas MC450

8/9/2016 5:19 PM

just hoping this guys business ethics get brought to the attention to not pay him until he provides you with a tracking number

|

8/9/2016 5:23 PM

OneTrack236 wrote:

Exactly....I found him by google searching "dirtbike throttle body modifications". I regret not doing a review search but like ...more

Sucks to hear you're in this mess, but what are you going to do? Calling him 30 times a day isn't going to do anything because he knows your number. He messed with the wrong guy is usually followed by going to the address and getting to the bottom of it yourself.

|

8/9/2016 5:53 PM

I had an engine builder who "kept" my money and two engines for quite a long period of time. I was persistent and got them all back and the work was done well. Won't ever let anything like that out of my site again. Never put the guys name out on the net or any of that bullshit. Not worth it.

|

8/9/2016 6:04 PM

toomanykaws wrote:

I had an engine builder who "kept" my money and two engines for quite a long period of time. I was persistent and got them all ...more

Why not, it would helpful,so others can avoid the problem. Simple solution,dont burn people,trying to run a business.

|

8/9/2016 7:06 PM

Photo

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/9/2016 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 7:17 PM

|

8/9/2016 7:23 PM

I'd have my attorney fire off a registered letter asap.....don't forget to also go after the labor that it took at $100 per hour. Not sure if you can sue him where you live or where he's at.....Huff and puff and if he doesnt respond to attorneys then use your judgement.....but its probably not worth going after him legally. I know that I open all registered letters from attorneys and take them seriously. He probably knows that you're not going after him legally for 500..

|

8/9/2016 7:38 PM

if it were me I'd politely tell Mr. Wilcox that if I have to go spend $500 on a new throttle body to be able to ride next weekend, I'll gladly spend 10x that much to make his life hell for the foreseeable future. I'm not wealthy to throw away five grand but fuck that guy. He's got it coming and while maybe foolish, I'd get a lot of personal satisfaction from it.

|

8/9/2016 7:49 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

if it were me I'd politely tell Mr. Wilcox that if I have to go spend $500 on a new throttle body to be able to ride next ...more

Damn, did you get burned to?

|

8/9/2016 7:50 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

if it were me I'd politely tell Mr. Wilcox that if I have to go spend $500 on a new throttle body to be able to ride next ...more

imoto34 wrote:

Damn, did you get burned to?

Not by this guy but by a couple others in the past, I don't have much tolerance for it anymore.

|

8/9/2016 9:17 PM

OneTrack236 what bike do you have? Make , model , year.... Maybe I can help you out.

|

8/9/2016 9:53 PM

The tps sensor is being advanced, either via bending a tab or modifying the sensor itself. Think ten minute job. What a great bargain!

|

when in doubt, pin it out

8/9/2016 9:59 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

The tps sensor is being advanced, either via bending a tab or modifying the sensor itself. Think ten minute job. What a great ...more

Not correct

|

8/9/2016 10:13 PM

kibby wrote:

OneTrack236 what bike do you have? Make , model , year.... Maybe I can help you out.

2011 Suzuki RMZ 250...

|

8/9/2016 10:20 PM

kibby wrote:

OneTrack236 wrote:

2011 Suzuki RMZ 250...

Ok, I'll check what I have and text/call you tomorrow.

|

8/9/2016 11:00 PM

kibby wrote:

OneTrack236 wrote:

2011 Suzuki RMZ 250...

kibby wrote:

Thank you very much

|

8/10/2016 12:58 AM

What a guy

|

8/10/2016 2:03 AM

You are a class act Kibby!

|

8/10/2016 4:49 AM

Give the local HA a call..maybe they could help you out.

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

8/10/2016 4:57 AM

Sounds like that guy could use a little physical persuasion

|

8/10/2016 5:28 AM

kibby wrote:

OneTrack236 wrote:

2011 Suzuki RMZ 250...

kibby wrote:

^^^^Quoted just in case anyone missed it. Good man, Kibby!

|

8/10/2016 5:44 AM

Why is this common in our industry. Piss poor customer service coupled with rediculous prices for services.

|