IDEA TO GROW OUR SPORT: Big Celebrity Pit Bike Race

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2021 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2021 10:01 AM

Somebody needs to put together a big Celebrity Pit Bike race event with only people from outside of MX. Get it televised (even if it's on Youtube) and promote it. There are tons of folks out there who love Dirt Bikes and it would be HUGE exposure for the sport. The concept would be somewhere between the Long Beach Celebrity Car races and the Top Gear Celebrities in a Reasonably Priced Car laps. I'm talking REAL celebrities here, not Moto folks. Biggest thing is make the broadcast of it free. No PPV.

Provide 15 identical 110s & have a FOX or someone provide head toe gear, then make the course super, super easy.

Lock down 15 celebrities. People like Ricardo (F1), Gronk & Lynch (NFL), Rossi, Marquez (MotoGP), Reedus (Walking Dead), Labeouf (Actor), Reeves (Actor), Whalberg (Actor), Chapelle (Comedian), Matt Jones, Fabio Wibmer (Pro MTB ), Meek Mill, Lil Baby, Lil Uzi Vert, etc (Rappers), Dirks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line (Singers), Stenhouse, Bowyer (Nascar) ETC...

That's just some I can think of off the top of my head. You land a few of those guys and it would be HUGE exposure. A lot of those people would love to do something like this. You'd be surprised how many would try to show up if it were scheduled near a big airport and at a big weekend event. Assign each Celebrity a legend of our sport as a coach for the day. So say Norman Reedus shows up, he get's Ricky Carmichael assigned to him. If Daniel Riccardo shows up, Adam Cianciarullo helps him, etc.

|

3/18/2021 10:10 AM

Just fix and put out a great weekly race broadcast and quit worrying about "growing the sport" with stupid gimmicks and adjusting rules/tracks/etc ...... PLEASE!

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

3/18/2021 10:13 AM

Photo
|

3/18/2021 10:24 AM

It would be a total shit show....that said I'd watch for sure

|

3/18/2021 11:02 AM

Remember this Promo spot?
Fun starts @2:13

|

Name withheld... Esquire

3/18/2021 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2021 12:03 PM

Steve125 wrote:

Remember this Promo spot?
Fun starts @2:13

Hahaha!

I like my idea of inviting famous people who already ride motorcycles on their own time. Lol

|

3/18/2021 12:12 PM

Just no.

|

3/18/2021 12:20 PM

There's multiple issues. One the sport is controlled by a select few due to the way the sport is run. Some people want all the money and have killed the local racing scene. Instead everything is focused on a few races and training facilities. Gotta have 30 classes to make money when you have a smaller turn out then back in the mid 00's-80.

You have multibillion dollar corps that spend billions of dollars a year to keep people especially kids glued to the TV and phone. Not only that you have a complete break down of parenting now a days that fear everything and the safest and easiest way to keep track of their kids is at home in front of a screen.

There is about 5-10 issues that are causing our sport to fade. Some self inflected some not.

This idea while fun and I'd watch for sure won't help much if any.

This sport has a ton of marketing and growth potential in the right hands...

|

3/18/2021 12:32 PM

Be careful what you wish for

Photo

|

3/18/2021 1:09 PM

I don't want it to grow anymore for a while.

I have to swerve around enough jump rolling, track cutting , two stroke riding bro douchebags as it is.

Trying to get a fucking fast lap in lately is like driving on the 405 at rush hour.

|

3/18/2021 1:12 PM

Injury risk is the factor that prohibits these kind of things nowadays

|

3/18/2021 1:15 PM

Don’t forget Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton from Fresh Prince/American Funniest Home Videos) and Robert Matthew Van Winkle (Vanilla Ice). Both pretty good MX’ers

|

3/18/2021 1:36 PM

Dude, Brett Michaels.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/18/2021 1:39 PM

|

3/18/2021 1:49 PM

Photo
|

3/18/2021 1:56 PM

kylemenz1 wrote:

Don’t forget Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton from Fresh Prince/American Funniest Home Videos) and Robert Matthew Van Winkle (Vanilla ...more

I had no idea Alfonso rode.

|

3/18/2021 2:01 PM

NO. Why are we so concerned with "growth"?

|

3/18/2021 2:12 PM

peltier626 wrote:

Growth = more sponsors, more teams, more people making a living, etc.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/18/2021 2:17 PM

peltier626 wrote:

It seems like to a lot of people "Grow our Sport" means higher TV viewership/ratings.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

3/18/2021 2:27 PM

Nowadays someone would end up getting hurt and then they’d probably outlaw dirt bikes

|

3/18/2021 2:31 PM

twotwosix wrote:

Somebody needs to put together a big Celebrity Pit Bike race event with only people from outside of MX. Get it televised (even ...more

Its your idea so now go get it done. cool

|

Ed Johnson

3/18/2021 2:41 PM

I like it.

|

#TeamSway
SwayMX.com

3/18/2021 2:41 PM

Falcon wrote:

Dude, Brett Michaels.

bring back the rock hard ride hard award.

|

3/18/2021 2:46 PM

Falcon wrote:

Dude, Brett Michaels.

NOT!

Photo
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

3/18/2021 3:30 PM

Falcon wrote:

Dude, Brett Michaels.

levi_southern wrote:

bring back the rock hard ride hard award.

Haha oh man I forgot about ole Brett. The Rutledge Wood of his day lol The guy was passionate about Moto though!

|

3/18/2021 3:31 PM

Can we just open the NBC check book for Erin Bates and DD again? Maybe bring back Bailey too?

|

3/18/2021 3:33 PM

Brent wrote:

I don't want it to grow anymore for a while.

I have to swerve around enough jump rolling, track cutting , two stroke riding ...more

You must live in a hotbed. Because from what I see, we haven’t grown too terribly much in the past 20 years.

|

3/18/2021 3:55 PM

Holigan wrote:

Be careful what you wish for

Photo

(1) Elbow Guards. and on the outside too. Cringe- worthy.

(2) When did Justin Bieber turn black?

(3) Who thinks tongues out for every instagram pic is cool?

|

3/18/2021 4:03 PM

Reese95w wrote:

It seems like to a lot of people "Grow our Sport" means higher TV viewership/ratings.

Growing the sport --> higher TV viewership/rating --> the same people saying we need to grow the sport bitching because the announcers have to "dumb down" the broadcast because we grew the sport...

|

3/18/2021 4:17 PM

Darrin Willis wrote:

I had no idea Alfonso rode.

I remember seeing video of him riding years ago. From what I can remember he got after it pretty good. As of late the only Motorsport stuff I can find of him is carting and car stuff.

|