Racetrack Supercross: IB Corp Racing Supercross Reality Show Episode 1

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 10:13am
Pretty cool. I loved The Reality of Speed so this looks like fun. Once Ryno gets revved up, it will get pretty crazy, I'm sure. Always cool to see behind the scenes.

Link on Vital homepage.
|
crockett
12/20/2017 2:04pm
I was waiting for this show to come out, I really hope they get away from the big fancy house and social media scripted stuff. The first episode is not worth watching. Many many better racing YouTube series
flatout111
12/20/2017 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2017 2:11pm
crockett wrote:
I was waiting for this show to come out, I really hope they get away from the big fancy house and social media scripted stuff. The...
I was waiting for this show to come out, I really hope they get away from the big fancy house and social media scripted stuff. The first episode is not worth watching. Many many better racing YouTube series
It is following a format, for sure, but once Ryno gets in there and it gets into the riding and training I think it will become much better.

However, I do like they are doing things that test their character as well. That will make it a bit different from all the just moto videos out there. Let's give it a little time
crockett
12/20/2017 4:16pm
flatout111 wrote:
It is following a format, for sure, but once Ryno gets in there and it gets into the riding and training I think it will become...
It is following a format, for sure, but once Ryno gets in there and it gets into the riding and training I think it will become much better.

However, I do like they are doing things that test their character as well. That will make it a bit different from all the just moto videos out there. Let's give it a little time
I think tapping into where you transfer is at in their career is enough story, no need to "create" drama like they tried to with stupid bedroom rights bit. And ryno doesn't strike me as the type of person who is adverse to a bit of made up drama, he has played his part in creating it many times.
The premise of racing for a slot on a team is an exciting concept, I am hoping they focus on that aspect, and not drama between contestants

The Shop

crockett
12/20/2017 4:18pm
Where each rider is at in their career * (phone not letting me edit )
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
12/20/2017 4:47pm
Idk bro, I was pretty pumped to see how many gram followers they could get.

Awesome concept for a show...but poor execution so far. Hope it improves
kkawboy14
12/20/2017 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2017 12:28pm
1) the whole bedroom deal was way to long.

2) I can’t believe those guys didn’t hit up vitalmx to help themselves get more instagram hits and followers.

3) I’m voting for Noah!
12/20/2017 7:12pm
I liked it. Yeah the bedroom and social media deals were a bit cheesy but there probably wasn't much they could put in the opening episode. Not sure who the guy was making a big deal about the bedrooms but he came across as a nob trying to cause drama and make it like The ultimate fighter. Should of used a fitness challenge or something instead to determine rooms.

Would of been better talking about the riders a bit more like previous success as a pro and amatuer. Help the audience connect with a rider a bit more.

Looking forward to the next one.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/20/2017 7:17pm
I liked it. Yeah the bedroom and social media deals were a bit cheesy but there probably wasn't much they could put in the opening episode...
I liked it. Yeah the bedroom and social media deals were a bit cheesy but there probably wasn't much they could put in the opening episode. Not sure who the guy was making a big deal about the bedrooms but he came across as a nob trying to cause drama and make it like The ultimate fighter. Should of used a fitness challenge or something instead to determine rooms.

Would of been better talking about the riders a bit more like previous success as a pro and amatuer. Help the audience connect with a rider a bit more.

Looking forward to the next one.
Bedroom part = scripted bit.
redrider_714
Fantasy
2285th
12/20/2017 8:32pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
1) the whole bedroom deal was way to long. 2) I can’t believe those guys didn’t hit up vitalmx to help themselves get more instagram hits...

2) I can’t believe those guys didn’t hit up vitalmx to help themselves get more instagram hits and followers.

3) I’m voting for Noah!
Why would Noah McConahy quit what seemed like a guaranteed deal with 5150 Energy Drink team to try out for this team??
calcoast
12/21/2017 3:22am

Now eventually you might might have uh supercross on your supercross show?
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
12/21/2017 7:24am
calcoast wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/21/233312/s1200_32C2871A_4083_4222_A8B5_BAA9CBDCFA6E.jpg[/img] Now eventually you might might have uh supercross on your supercross show?

Now eventually you might might have uh supercross on your supercross show?
LaughingLaughing
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
12/21/2017 8:18am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2017 8:19am
Some of you guys are too critical, what do you expect, perfection?

It was worthy of watching for the fact that it is about "supercross" and we are fans otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place.
flatout111
12/21/2017 8:46am
Ramrod wrote:
Some of you guys are too critical, what do you expect, perfection? It was worthy of watching for the fact that it is about "supercross" and...

It was worthy of watching for the fact that it is about "supercross" and we are fans otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place.
Agreed. I really liked it. It won't have a big production. Just enjoy it.
akillerwombat
12/21/2017 9:26am
Ramrod wrote:
Some of you guys are too critical, what do you expect, perfection? It was worthy of watching for the fact that it is about "supercross" and...

flatout111 wrote:
... I work in production, it could be better.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/21/2017 10:07am
Ramrod wrote:

flatout111 wrote:
It's all relative man. My show has a 3.5 million an episode budget. I'd bet all in budget for this project is less than a couple hundred grand at best.

Although not my cup of tea, it was mildly entertaining.
12/21/2017 10:15am
fast willy wrote:
Bedroom shit was gay. Show has potential
I watched up until that point. We aren't women. That drama crap isn't going to gain viewers.
crockett
12/21/2017 10:19am
I think show has loads of potential, but if the first episode is any indication of what the production team sees as watchable material for supercross fans, they are way off.

crockett
12/21/2017 10:21am
And yes the guy making a big deal about the house comes off as a big Nob.

calcoast
12/21/2017 10:31am
Ramrod wrote:

flatout111 wrote:
Agreed, too many shadows, and those testimonials were way too close lol...
akillerwombat
12/21/2017 11:03am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2017 11:04am
avidchimp wrote:
It's all relative man. My show has a 3.5 million an episode budget. I'd bet all in budget for this project is less than a couple...
It's all relative man. My show has a 3.5 million an episode budget. I'd bet all in budget for this project is less than a couple hundred grand at best.

Damn dude – what show are you working on? We have a few that are up there budget wise (around a million) but nothing that tops out at 3.5.

I totally get that it's all relative but even with a couple hundred grand in I know it could be done significantly better as we frequently work at budgets that range laughably smaller and I feel deliver quality that is far higher.

That said – it's a fun concept and I'll watch. I would be more inclined to share if it was more polished though, perhaps if anyone at IB Corp reads this they should reach out, haha. I have a top to bottom crew that would jump on this in a second to make it compete visually with the likes of Ultimate Fighter.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/21/2017 11:14am
avidchimp wrote:
It's all relative man. My show has a 3.5 million an episode budget. I'd bet all in budget for this project is less than a couple...

Damn dude – what show are you working on? We have a few that are up there budget wise (around a million) but nothing that tops...
Damn dude – what show are you working on? We have a few that are up there budget wise (around a million) but nothing that tops out at 3.5.

I totally get that it's all relative but even with a couple hundred grand in I know it could be done significantly better as we frequently work at budgets that range laughably smaller and I feel deliver quality that is far higher.

That said – it's a fun concept and I'll watch. I would be more inclined to share if it was more polished though, perhaps if anyone at IB Corp reads this they should reach out, haha. I have a top to bottom crew that would jump on this in a second to make it compete visually with the likes of Ultimate Fighter.
Jane the Virgin, but you have to realize over a million is above the line. Sick When I was on The Player, it was over 4 an episode.

I agree they could do a much better job, but it is just a couple moto dudes shooting from the hip, so to speak. They could definitely use a bunch more B-roll to help keep things moving, and having more of a voice-over presence could really help, ala Troy Adamatis..

I'd love to help edit/finish some of my friends moto projects, but working 70-80 hours a week at my real job doesn't leave any time for side projects.

akillerwombat
12/21/2017 11:21am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2017 11:22am
avidchimp wrote:
Jane the Virgin, but you have to realize over a million is above the line. :sick: When I was on The Player, it was over 4...
Jane the Virgin, but you have to realize over a million is above the line. Sick When I was on The Player, it was over 4 an episode.

I agree they could do a much better job, but it is just a couple moto dudes shooting from the hip, so to speak. They could definitely use a bunch more B-roll to help keep things moving, and having more of a voice-over presence could really help, ala Troy Adamatis..

I'd love to help edit/finish some of my friends moto projects, but working 70-80 hours a week at my real job doesn't leave any time for side projects.

Pretty dope.

Right now I'm working at Pilgrim doing shit for Ultimate Fighter, Wicked Tuna, and some other random Netflix' shows. The goal it to get out of reality and into more scripted work (of which I just got rep'd as a director so it's a huge first step) but as you mentioned – the crazy hours at the job make it pretty hard to finalize anything personal to get out there... although I'm sitting on a script I'd love to shoot that did well in a few contests – In due time I suppose.

Funny enough I pitched this same exact show a while back "Ultimate Fighter for Supercross" and everyone in the room basically went, "What's Supercross?".
JB 19
12/21/2017 12:14pm
Lots of potential, especially with Ryan Hughes on the show. His super intense/half nutty personality should transfer well to a show like this. ........but, very many more hokey scripted fake scenes and I may not even watch. There is nothing worse than fake reality. Put these guys in a pressure cooker and let reality take its course.
kkawboy14
12/21/2017 12:29pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
1) the whole bedroom deal was way to long. 2) I can’t believe those guys didn’t hit up vitalmx to help themselves get more instagram hits...

3) I’m voting for Noah!
Why would Noah McConahy quit what seemed like a guaranteed deal with 5150 Energy Drink team to try out for this team??
I’m voting for Noah......to win!
redrider_714
Fantasy
2285th
12/21/2017 12:34pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I’m voting for Noah......to win!
If you listened to the latest PulpMX show with Nick Wey they said who got the spot.
hyler199
12/21/2017 1:11pm
crockett wrote:
And yes the guy making a big deal about the house comes off as a big Nob. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/21/233363/s1200_IMG_5321.jpg[/img]
And yes the guy making a big deal about the house comes off as a big Nob.

hahahha i love the show Mr. D
TeamGreen
12/21/2017 1:25pm
At one point during filming...

I saw -6- awesomely prepared YZ250Fs on the track(s) going at it...all at the same time. That, alone, was really nice to see...since I fully understand the amount of TIME & MONEY that's required to "pull off" this part of it (Actually, they had SEVEN Twisted Development/ENZO fully kitted bikes at the ready).

I understand why a rider would want to take a shot at this program. The bikes are that good. If one of this team's riders complains about the bikes? He's a Kook!

As for the drama: you gotta admit, the producers/directors gave you a decent feel for what the rider's personalities are like...& how they're different from one-another. A coupl'a guys gave out some BRUTALLY honest personal truth in that segment...namely Noah and Michael...one gave up a secure ride...the other said "This is make or break".

As for $ spent, production value...etc. ...

I like it. It's got aspects of it that're very "Real World" & it's gonna evolve into "Moto-Survivor" with an honest to god Psycho-Trainer that truly makes most of these guys ask themselves how bad do they "really want it?"...
Me? I'm 54 & I'm a bit old for the Social Media driven aspects of it; yet, I still "get it". I'm waaaay past the MTV stuff in my life; but, still...again...I get it. It all works for the regular folks & it does make it more "relatable" to all those people that don't know all about Moto like most of you do. They don't know much about this awesome sport... Indeed...

This lifestyle.

Post a reply to: Racetrack Supercross: IB Corp Racing Supercross Reality Show Episode 1

The Latest