JoJmoto
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:39pm
Then maybe it wouldn't hurt so much to get out of bed each mornin!Wink
|
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
4/27/2008 4:30pm
He needs that finger broke, he's the fastest crybaby I've seen ride.
jmar
4/27/2008 4:45pm
JoJmoto wrote:
First, I am sorry that you have been injured and I hope you recover from you’re unfortunate injury soon, but have you ever thought that just maybe CR is a well conditioned athlete and you are just a guy the races on the weekends to have fun?

Big difference here.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
4/27/2008 4:53pm
You can't race SX with a broke shoulder, don't care who you are.
JYZ566
4/27/2008 6:25pm
JoJmoto wrote:
jmar wrote:
First, I am sorry that you have been injured and I hope you recover from you’re unfortunate injury soon, but have you ever thought that just...
First, I am sorry that you have been injured and I hope you recover from you’re unfortunate injury soon, but have you ever thought that just maybe CR is a well conditioned athlete and you are just a guy the races on the weekends to have fun?

Big difference here.
He is not well conditioned. He can last 20 minutes...super. But he is not in any sort of impressive athletic or similiar shape. He does not have a broken scapula either.

The Shop

Spinner
4/27/2008 6:32pm
JYZ566 wrote:
He is not well conditioned. He can last 20 minutes...super. But he is not in any sort of impressive athletic or similiar shape. He does not...
He is not well conditioned. He can last 20 minutes...super. But he is not in any sort of impressive athletic or similiar shape. He does not have a broken scapula either.
You're his doctor?
willmoto
4/27/2008 6:34pm
they consider a crack a break, sure seems minor compared
to any bones I`ve broke
davis224
Fantasy
138th
4/27/2008 6:56pm
Riding SX is more exhausting than it looks. I can bust out several laps on the local outdoor track out here before the pump sets in (when it's rough) and can barely string a couple laps together at a local indoor track with short lap times. I know, I'm out of shape, I'm working on it.
JoJmoto
4/27/2008 7:01pm
Just seems to me whenever he is under pressure, he comes up hurt however, it;s never a hurt anyone can see or that causes him to have to sit out for any time.

Guess just like his class 3 seperated shoulder few years back, how long did that injury go on and he still road those ruff outdoor tracks?

Jmar, thanks and I am sure that has a ton of things to do with my situation, and I ain't even injured!
jmar
4/27/2008 7:02pm
JoJmoto wrote:
jmar wrote:
First, I am sorry that you have been injured and I hope you recover from you’re unfortunate injury soon, but have you ever thought that just...

Big difference here.
JYZ566 wrote:
He is not well conditioned. He can last 20 minutes...super. But he is not in any sort of impressive athletic or similiar shape. He does not...
He is not well conditioned. He can last 20 minutes...super. But he is not in any sort of impressive athletic or similiar shape.

In all honestly, I don't really know how to respond to this, and even if I did it would be a waste of time.
APLMAN
4/27/2008 7:09pm
JYZ566 wrote:
Little Dave
4/27/2008 8:18pm
JYZ566 wrote:
That must be one of the silliest things i have ever read on this board, ya know he can last a 30-40 minute motocross pretty good as well ....
JYZ566
4/27/2008 8:46pm
JYZ566 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
You're his doctor?
Absolutely not. It's not that hard when you see this stuff every day to be able to ballpark someone's fitness and/or if they have a broken scapula. Media ploy to heighten the suspense....thank you AMA.
JYZ566
4/27/2008 8:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:45pm
Do any of you guys actually watch other sports that require athletes to be in suberb condition? Triathalons, track and field events, cycling etc. If you compared Reed to an average amatuer triathalon competitor, it would make Reed look silly.

He has amazing skills on a bike, for sure and I enjoy watching him ride, but to say he is some sort of specimen as an athlete makes me laugh.

BTW, can we lighten up around here? I never thought other mx guys were so uptight.
APLMAN
4/27/2008 9:11pm
JYZ566 wrote:
Do any of you guys actually watch other sports that require athletes to be in suberb condition? Triathalons, track and field events, cycling etc. If you...
Do any of you guys actually watch other sports that require athletes to be in suberb condition? Triathalons, track and field events, cycling etc. If you compared Reed to an average amatuer triathalon competitor, it would make Reed look silly.

He has amazing skills on a bike, for sure and I enjoy watching him ride, but to say he is some sort of specimen as an athlete makes me laugh.

BTW, can we lighten up around here? I never thought other mx guys were so uptight.
Chad Reed is highly conditioned, and just like those other athletes he is rather specialized because of the sport he participates in.

You are trying to make comparisons that just don't fit.

One of the girls that turned out with my daughter in basketball this past year went to State as a cross country runner in the fall. She was in fantastic shape. My daughter, however, played volleyball in the fall, and played basketball one day a week also. I would have guessed that when tryouts for basketball came, that this cross country runner would have ran circles around my daughter. Not so. Because "fitness" in one sport doesn't transfer directly to all sports.

There's a reason why Chad Reed was able to come "off the couch" last summer and beat all but the top two guys at a National, and it wasn't because he wasn't in great condition.
Little Dave
4/27/2008 10:23pm
JYZ566 wrote:
Do any of you guys actually watch other sports that require athletes to be in suberb condition? Triathalons, track and field events, cycling etc. If you...

You're only fit for what you train for, put a boxer on a mx bike he might be good for two laps, put a mxer in the ring he might be good for a few rounds, apples and oranges.

and i'd bet everything i own that Reed would hold his own with an amatuer triathalon competitor (with all the cross training he does) far longer than the triathlete would on a mx track.

To hint that a professional mxer isn't an athlete makes me laugh and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
JoJmoto
4/28/2008 5:04am
I agree that Reed is probably in great condition, I just honestly get tired of all his BS excuses he comes up with when he feels the presure. I think he is about to explode from stress and he is in the points lead by a healthy lead, pretty much if he stays up he will win.

He is not superman, and no one I know is able to bounce back from these types of injuries he claims to have all the time, no matter what conditioning they are in. By the way, how do you condition your bones while training?
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
4/28/2008 5:36am
JoJmoto wrote:
I agree that Reed is probably in great condition, I just honestly get tired of all his BS excuses he comes up with when he feels...
I agree that Reed is probably in great condition, I just honestly get tired of all his BS excuses he comes up with when he feels the presure. I think he is about to explode from stress and he is in the points lead by a healthy lead, pretty much if he stays up he will win.

He is not superman, and no one I know is able to bounce back from these types of injuries he claims to have all the time, no matter what conditioning they are in. By the way, how do you condition your bones while training?
Didnt RC come out and say he has chronic fatigue syndrome after he smoked everyone ass at the mxon??? same shit different smell. ohh but wait its ricky carmichael no one questions him.
mx836
4/28/2008 6:09am
JoJmoto wrote:
I agree that Reed is probably in great condition, I just honestly get tired of all his BS excuses he comes up with when he feels...

Stoop wrote:
Didnt RC come out and say he has chronic fatigue syndrome after he smoked everyone ass at the mxon??? same shit different smell. ohh but wait...
Didnt RC come out and say he has chronic fatigue syndrome after he smoked everyone ass at the mxon??? same shit different smell. ohh but wait its ricky carmichael no one questions him.
Completely different situation. It's obvious you are a Reed fan.
JoJmoto
4/28/2008 7:54am
RC was not making an excuse for losing was he? I never saw RC giving the finger to anyone either, No class!, Good rider, BS'er.

He sure wont be the people's champ that way.
JYZ566
4/28/2008 8:33am
JYZ566 wrote:

APLMAN wrote:
Chad Reed is highly conditioned, and just like those other athletes he is rather specialized because of the sport he participates in. You are trying to...
Chad Reed is highly conditioned, and just like those other athletes he is rather specialized because of the sport he participates in.

One of the girls that turned out with my daughter in basketball this past year went to State as a cross country runner in the fall. She was in fantastic shape. My daughter, however, played volleyball in the fall, and played basketball one day a week also. I would have guessed that when tryouts for basketball came, that this cross country runner would have ran circles around my daughter. Not so. Because "fitness" in one sport doesn't transfer directly to all sports.

There's a reason why Chad Reed was able to come "off the couch" last summer and beat all but the top two guys at a National, and it wasn't because he wasn't in great condition.
Actually, that is a comparison that just doesn't fit. A cross country runner must be good at running just under their lactate threshold, so as to not get fatigued early in the race. A basketball player must adapt to recovering creatine kinase stores, utilizing anaerobic glycolysis, and clearing lactate quickly, all adaptive traits that one could see with playing volleyball, so it makes sense.

I will say that sports that require much skill, such as motocross, will rely more heavily on that than fitness, hence why chad can smoke everyone but 2 people. But alas, he is not in good enough shape to run with them, and it wouldn't suprise me if he was 15% or more body fat.

Your last sentence is a double negative, but I assume you meant that Chad came and beat everyone but 2 people because he WAS in great condition? Nah, he is faster than them, and once he gapped them he could ride at a slowed pace so he could hold on. If he was in shape to go 100% for 30 min +2 he could give RC a challenege, or at least I'd like to imagine that.
CR250Rider
4/28/2008 8:39am
dont worry, apple isn't an MX guy. more like a troll. his 2 favorite words are stupid and idiot.
chad didn't "come off the couch" anyway. he raced down under....
APLMAN
4/28/2008 8:42am
CR250Rider wrote:
dont worry, apple isn't an MX guy. more like a troll. his 2 favorite words are stupid and idiot. chad didn't "come off the couch" anyway...
dont worry, apple isn't an MX guy. more like a troll. his 2 favorite words are stupid and idiot.
chad didn't "come off the couch" anyway. he raced down under....
You've already been shown for the fool you are, now you're coming back for more abuse?

Pull your skirt up, lady!
APLMAN
4/28/2008 8:56am
JYZ566 wrote:

APLMAN wrote:
Chad Reed is highly conditioned, and just like those other athletes he is rather specialized because of the sport he participates in. You are trying to...

JYZ566 wrote:
Actually, that is a comparison that just doesn't fit. A cross country runner must be good at running just under their lactate threshold, so as to...
Actually, that is a comparison that just doesn't fit. A cross country runner must be good at running just under their lactate threshold, so as to not get fatigued early in the race. A basketball player must adapt to recovering creatine kinase stores, utilizing anaerobic glycolysis, and clearing lactate quickly, all adaptive traits that one could see with playing volleyball, so it makes sense.

I will say that sports that require much skill, such as motocross, will rely more heavily on that than fitness, hence why chad can smoke everyone but 2 people. But alas, he is not in good enough shape to run with them, and it wouldn't suprise me if he was 15% or more body fat.

Your last sentence is a double negative, but I assume you meant that Chad came and beat everyone but 2 people because he WAS in great condition? Nah, he is faster than them, and once he gapped them he could ride at a slowed pace so he could hold on. If he was in shape to go 100% for 30 min +2 he could give RC a challenege, or at least I'd like to imagine that.
So there are different types of fitness? I think that's the point.

The notion that Chad isn't fit is silly.

Was Chad not fit enough to run with those guys, or was he not as skilled?
APLMAN
4/28/2008 9:07am
CR250Rider wrote:
oh, a new insult :FOOL!
BRILLIANT!
That's not an insult, just an astute observation......
mx836
4/28/2008 9:11am
CR250Rider wrote:
BRILLIANT!
APLMAN wrote:
Drive your moped off a cliff buddy
APLMAN
4/28/2008 9:21am
CR250Rider wrote:
BRILLIANT!
APLMAN wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Another cry baby?
mx836
4/28/2008 9:46am
APLMAN wrote:
mx836 wrote:
APLMAN wrote:
Another cry baby?
Waaa. You whine more than Reed.
Phlapjax
4/28/2008 10:16am
That must be one of the silliest things i have ever read on this board, ya know he can last a 30-40 minute motocross pretty good...
That must be one of the silliest things i have ever read on this board, ya know he can last a 30-40 minute motocross pretty good as well ....
you haven't been on here that long have you.

Post a reply to: I wish I was as hurt as Reed....

The Latest