I was at Millville...Langston...

JeepnMike
7/23/2014 12:18pm
Dezerted wrote:
Guys pull out all the time without us knowing until later but Langston who let's his personal feelings come through to often (Pourcels a chump) decides...
Guys pull out all the time without us knowing until later but Langston who let's his personal feelings come through to often (Pourcels a chump) decides to call out Stewart. That is unprofessional and biased.

jasonward73
7/23/2014 12:43pm
Dezerted wrote:
Guys pull out all the time without us knowing until later but Langston who let's his personal feelings come through to often (Pourcels a chump) decides...
Guys pull out all the time without us knowing until later but Langston who let's his personal feelings come through to often (Pourcels a chump) decides to call out Stewart. That is unprofessional and biased.

Because most of those people are back markers that nobody gives a shit about.
Dezerted
7/23/2014 1:33pm
You fools cry all the time (Dungey disrespected, JLaw, Stewart, Villopoto cheating etc) my point is that Langston, Weingandt, Emig etc are supposed to be unbiased professional announcers and announce what they see. They're not supposed to call out people because of personal feelings.

Now with that said, you all, especially that guyb pole smoker named Peelout who blows whatever way the wind goes, the wind being GuyB, can take my account and shove it up your asses. HippyandHick rule!

sc961
7/23/2014 1:51pm
Refreshing to have on air announcers speaking their mind.
GL gives a championship riders point of view, and doesn't hold political correctness to the highest standard.
I kinda like it.

Dezerted what's with all the hate? Someone forcing you to attend the Vital party?

The Shop

dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
7/23/2014 2:10pm
Dezerted wrote:
You fools cry all the time (Dungey disrespected, JLaw, Stewart, Villopoto cheating etc) my point is that Langston, Weingandt, Emig etc are supposed to be unbiased...
You fools cry all the time (Dungey disrespected, JLaw, Stewart, Villopoto cheating etc) my point is that Langston, Weingandt, Emig etc are supposed to be unbiased professional announcers and announce what they see. They're not supposed to call out people because of personal feelings.

Now with that said, you all, especially that guyb pole smoker named Peelout who blows whatever way the wind goes, the wind being GuyB, can take my account and shove it up your asses. HippyandHick rule!

lol
Outsider
7/23/2014 2:41pm
Dezerted wrote:
You fools cry all the time (Dungey disrespected, JLaw, Stewart, Villopoto cheating etc) my point is that Langston, Weingandt, Emig etc are supposed to be unbiased...

dsmith wrote:
lol
Laughing
MJC
7/23/2014 2:54pm
DownSouth wrote:
Once again it seems like many people did not listen to what Langston actually said. Georgia reported that Stewart pulled out of the race and was...
Once again it seems like many people did not listen to what Langston actually said.

Georgia reported that Stewart pulled out of the race and was not in the pit area and said his team manager and mechanic did not know what was going on and they (the team) would not bother him in his motorhome.

Langston gave his opinion that he did not believe it was professional to pull out of the race and retreat to his motorhome without first at least letting his team know what was going on. Langston never said anything about Stewart not giving an interview on camera, it was about leaving his team in the dark.
Its funny that everyone here seemed to ignore your post which gave a perfectly good recap/statement, while they keep plugging away on their ridiculous butthurt tangents....
Jharper
7/23/2014 3:36pm
Outsider wrote:
I've noticed the the internet has created a culture of non stop whining and bitching about everything. Lately, seems like when I'm out and about there...
I've noticed the the internet has created a culture of non stop whining and bitching about everything. Lately, seems like when I'm out and about there is always someone crying about something meaningless...

Not really on topic but seemed appropriate to post this in here.

mxb2 wrote:
its like, tv, radio, etc, simple solution, turn it off., pretty sure people complained al long time ago but no social media.
hvaughn88 wrote:
I get ya. But it's almost like a considerable amount of the population is just looking for any opportunity to be offended about something. It blows...
I get ya. But it's almost like a considerable amount of the population is just looking for any opportunity to be offended about something. It blows me away how many people seem to want to be offended by anything and everything.
I agree.
This popped up on my news feed today.

Thomas The Train Racist
peelout
7/23/2014 4:23pm
Dezerted wrote:

oh hey what's up Cigaro

nice to see you drop in. now that you've mouthbreathed all over Vital again, you can get back to your circle-jerk over at your other hangout. how many screen names do you use? fuckin' loser.
Sandberm
7/23/2014 5:08pm
Regis wrote:
I took GL's comments as James needs to speak on more than just the reason he pulled off in that race. There is a lot going...
I took GL's comments as James needs to speak on more than just the reason he pulled off in that race.

There is a lot going on with JS and his "hiding" so to speak is frustrating, especially to the broadcasters who know the fans want to know whats up. Those comments from GL weren't just about him pulling off. The incident in Millville was a catalyst fro Grant to comment on the situation in its entirety.
I agree with Regis 100%. James hiding was a catalyst for GL to lecture James a bit....a very small bit.

I dont think what GL said was really all that shocking or offensive.
Crush
7/23/2014 6:07pm
Regis wrote:
I took GL's comments as James needs to speak on more than just the reason he pulled off in that race. There is a lot going...
I took GL's comments as James needs to speak on more than just the reason he pulled off in that race.

There is a lot going on with JS and his "hiding" so to speak is frustrating, especially to the broadcasters who know the fans want to know whats up. Those comments from GL weren't just about him pulling off. The incident in Millville was a catalyst fro Grant to comment on the situation in its entirety.
Agree
bents
Fantasy
710th
7/23/2014 6:31pm
I like GL and he has been really good. I like Emig too as he is serious about his craft, but Langston just seems to be more at ease with the commentary. I'm good with both.
bd
7/23/2014 6:31pm
It's crazy to me how much these announcers pail in comparison to David Baily's commentating. Emig and Weege worked really well together. It was just a...
It's crazy to me how much these announcers pail in comparison to David Baily's commentating. Emig and Weege worked really well together. It was just a bummer to hear GL jump James shit like that. Let James be James. That's what the kid was feeling. We got an update from Mike Webb so that should have been cool. I'm sure they weren't expecting the TV crew to be in the pits... during the race.. asking James for an interview.

That's like knocking on a neighbors door on halloween and getting mad because they don't have candy. The dude isn't obligated to do a friggin interview at the drop of a hat. It's our privilege to get the interviews we do.
db is awesome. That said, GL and Emig are live analysts. This is extremely hard.
bd
7/23/2014 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 6:51pm
bd wrote:
I disagree. GL jumped the gun and did not know what the fuck was going on. If this sport wants to expand sponsorship to say Rolex...
I disagree. GL jumped the gun and did not know what the fuck was going on. If this sport wants to expand sponsorship to say Rolex, Jaguar, BNP Parabas, Goldman Sachs, GE etc, the broadcast has to be refined. How do Steve Young and Troy Aikman call games?

Is this sport going to be niche sport?
Is it mainstream?

I'll take Emig over GL period. GL is average.

TripleFive wrote:
Yeah, it's the announcing crew that is holding the sport back... If we had someone else in the booth Jaguar would be begging to sponsor motocross...

Yeah, it's the announcing crew that is holding the sport back... If we had someone else in the booth Jaguar would be begging to sponsor motocross.

Emig comes across as vapid, but I guess that is what Rolex and Goldman Sachs is looking for.
TripleFive... I specialize in branding. All elements of the product need meet the image you are positioning. Let me give you a simplified example: Rolex- Price $$$$, Promotion limited discounts, media reaches target market; place target and Walmart, product platinum and gold. Does place make sense? This is a very simplified example.

GL’s response on JS7 was Walmart. It’s a fuck up. And yes, broadcasting in extremely important to branding for sporting events. GL and the crew represent the motocross brand.

Think boxing on HBO.

Buffer: http://youtu.be/WvufFwdqMzg

Boxing Analysts: http://youtu.be/93FGqJiEkWo
bd
7/23/2014 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 7:05pm
I don't think GL was expecting Stewart to hop off the bike and do a sit down interview with anyone. I think the expectation is that...
I don't think GL was expecting Stewart to hop off the bike and do a sit down interview with anyone. I think the expectation is that the rider/team that has the biggest spotlight on them should at least provide some kind of timely explanation to the media.

But you know what they provided?? NOTHING! That is the difference from moto to a professional sport. In any stick and ball sport, or even NASCAR, a broad explanation of what happened is typically provided right away.

They could've just met with Georgia at the hauler and said "James had to pull off due to a medically related issue. Until he is evaluated by a medical professional we are unable to provide any further details. As soon as we have an update we will release a statement".

Boom, you satisfy the media and come off as a professional organization. See how simple that is.

Nailed it. Fucking nailed it on Zooks part. That said, GL drop the ball too. I am being critical on GL - he's doing good. This is extremely tough and he will become more refined with practice.

bd
7/23/2014 6:45pm
pilotdude wrote:
I feel very strongly that it is a good thing when people feel free to speak their minds honestly. This world has become deeply infected by...
I feel very strongly that it is a good thing when people feel free to speak their minds honestly. This world has become deeply infected by the virus of "political correctness" ( a term invented by the communist party of the Soviet Union to tell their people which thinking was "correct" and which was not.)

And you have to remember that Grant Langston is a guy who would finish a moto if he got his arms and legs chopped off in a moto. So that no doubt contributed to his viewpoint. My father, a very smart and wise former fighter pilot, doctor, and millionaire says that virtually everyone argues from position.

He is right.

Give me a fucking a break. This has nothing to do with PI. He was uninformed, sounded like a douche when he called JS7 son. Maybe he's but hurt from all the ass kickings James gave him
mxb2
7/23/2014 7:20pm
pilotdude wrote:
I feel very strongly that it is a good thing when people feel free to speak their minds honestly. This world has become deeply infected by...
I feel very strongly that it is a good thing when people feel free to speak their minds honestly. This world has become deeply infected by the virus of "political correctness" ( a term invented by the communist party of the Soviet Union to tell their people which thinking was "correct" and which was not.)

And you have to remember that Grant Langston is a guy who would finish a moto if he got his arms and legs chopped off in a moto. So that no doubt contributed to his viewpoint. My father, a very smart and wise former fighter pilot, doctor, and millionaire says that virtually everyone argues from position.

He is right.

bd wrote:
Give me a fucking a break. This has nothing to do with PI. He was uninformed, sounded like a douche when he called JS7 son. Maybe...
Give me a fucking a break. This has nothing to do with PI. He was uninformed, sounded like a douche when he called JS7 son. Maybe he's but hurt from all the ass kickings James gave him
son is a slang word, known in the nyc, dc, baltimorw area, gl made a comment, good god who cares, stewarts a grown millionare
bd
7/23/2014 7:25pm
pilotdude wrote:

He is right.

bd wrote:
Give me a fucking a break. This has nothing to do with PI. He was uninformed, sounded like a douche when he called JS7 son. Maybe...
mxb2 wrote:
son is a slang word, known in the nyc, dc, baltimorw area, gl made a comment, good god who cares, stewarts a grown millionare
Noted - "slang word"

7/23/2014 8:47pm
bd wrote:
TripleFive... I specialize in branding. All elements of the product need meet the image you are positioning. Let me give you a simplified example: Rolex- Price...
TripleFive... I specialize in branding. All elements of the product need meet the image you are positioning. Let me give you a simplified example: Rolex- Price $$$$, Promotion limited discounts, media reaches target market; place target and Walmart, product platinum and gold. Does place make sense? This is a very simplified example.

GL’s response on JS7 was Walmart. It’s a fuck up. And yes, broadcasting in extremely important to branding for sporting events. GL and the crew represent the motocross brand.

Think boxing on HBO.

Our fan base is the monster truck demographic. Marketing fine products in moto is a waste of time.

scshout
8/6/2014 11:48am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2014 12:04pm
karnivool wrote:
When I got home from Millville...and heard how he 'called out' James Stewart on the broadcast I was kind of thrown off. I haven't ever seen...
When I got home from Millville...and heard how he 'called out' James Stewart on the broadcast I was kind of thrown off. I haven't ever seen an announcer go after a rider like that for something so minor...and I have seen many, many, many riders pull out of races without stopping to let the cameras know why until later. In fact I saw more than 14 other riders ride out of moto 2 without an obvious major mishap...

I personally thought it was a cheap shot at Stewart, with so little info I would expect an announcer to be a little more speculative and a little more professional until info came out. At least Weigandt always leads with 'hope ____ is ok" when someone goes out...Grant just went for the kill...maybe they have a history? don't remember them having direct issues on the track , other than Langston picking up a title after Stewart twisted a knee...(2007)

Stewart isn't the best at PR stuff, we know that...his timing is off most times...but if a rider were throwing up or had the Rhea would they be expected to stop and chat? The amount of sighs, comments, and other verbal responses that came from the hillside around me when it happened were enough to prove the double standard we hold for this 1 particular polarizing rider.

I know this will turn into a shit-fest like everything else on here but I don't think a rider needs to stop and explain everything to the cameras...we certainly don't get an interview with every football player they cart off the field...so...I don't get it...

IMO Langston was out of line as an announcer. Lost points in my book. (but anyone is better than that Bestwick dude...lol)

just my $.02
Great post....Grant Langston was WAY out of line and stuck his foot right in his mouth. He rips on someone for almost fainting and going straight to their trailer. GL should be fired.
bd
8/6/2014 7:08pm
bd wrote:
TripleFive... I specialize in branding. All elements of the product need meet the image you are positioning. Let me give you a simplified example: Rolex- Price...

Think boxing on HBO.

TripleFive wrote:
Our fan base is the monster truck demographic. Marketing fine products in moto is a waste of time. [img]http://995642590.r.lightningbase-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/engagement-lipstick-4-pigs-hr-examiner-web.jpg[/img]
Our fan base is the monster truck demographic. Marketing fine products in moto is a waste of time.

Its a damm shame too.... its not a "monster truck sport." Lawn Mower racing fits that description. Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/6/2014 7:19pm
scshout wrote:
Great post....Grant Langston was WAY out of line and stuck his foot right in his mouth. He rips on someone for almost fainting and going straight...
Great post....Grant Langston was WAY out of line and stuck his foot right in his mouth. He rips on someone for almost fainting and going straight to their trailer. GL should be fired.
If you're that bad, seeking medical attention would seem prudent.
Monte122
8/6/2014 7:32pm
GuyB wrote:
If you're that bad, seeking medical attention would seem prudent.
Isn't there Medical (nurse) in his RV? Whistling
scooter5002
8/6/2014 7:40pm
Just think, years ago you had to wait a week to read Cycle News, and find out a rider pulled off. No "on the spot" interviews then. The good ol days weren't all that bad. Personally, I couldn't give a fuckin rats ass WHY he pulled off. Leave him the hell alone, and tell the team what's going on as quickly, and conveniently, as possible. The need to put information out in a nanosecond is sickening.
DonM
8/6/2014 8:10pm
Other than he was feeling light headed being mentioned by Suz and he was taking the Washugal weekend to resolve it, it's still business as usual in the Stewart camp....crickets....is anybody even sure he will show this weekend? For that mater what about Mookie....more crickets. They do run their business a little weird.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
8/6/2014 9:51pm
Just think, years ago you had to wait a week to read Cycle News, and find out a rider pulled off. No "on the spot" interviews...
Just think, years ago you had to wait a week to read Cycle News, and find out a rider pulled off. No "on the spot" interviews then. The good ol days weren't all that bad. Personally, I couldn't give a fuckin rats ass WHY he pulled off. Leave him the hell alone, and tell the team what's going on as quickly, and conveniently, as possible. The need to put information out in a nanosecond is sickening.
They just don't tweet about every meal they have and bowel movement they take so people think they are shady...

if anyone on here understood the criticism this family has lived through for the last 25 years they might have a little better perspective...

but Vitalmx and perspective aren't two words that belong together from what I've read

Knapton
8/6/2014 10:00pm
pretty sure he explained on the pulpmx show last week that he kinda over reacted to it and felt bad
scshout
8/8/2014 8:20pm
Knapton wrote:
pretty sure he explained on the pulpmx show last week that he kinda over reacted to it and felt bad
Oh, well if GL publicly apologized then I guess I'll forgive him Smile I'll have to watch that show I guess.

Post a reply to: I was at Millville...Langston...

The Latest