I want to know all the Aus MX problems

PJRAUS
7/17/2018 2:50am
PJRAUS wrote:
Been there and done that...couldnt give a damn about whinging mini bike parents..those are the people that drove out the enthusiasts that used to run clubs...before...
Been there and done that...couldnt give a damn about whinging mini bike parents..those are the people that drove out the enthusiasts that used to run clubs...before the amalgamation....most independent adult riders hate mini bike parents with very good reason...
Ive been heavily involved with more clubs than youve had hot dinners mate...since the late 1970's.
Everything worked ok til the mini bike parent invasion...now all you can do is whinge about how it is that mini bike parents are the only ones the make things happen, its because they are the only ones left..no one likes them and no ond wants anything to do with them...except other mini bike parents
Clubs used to be entrepreneurial..they ran feature events that drew spectators..paying spectators..then the mini bike poarents took over and its all about the kids....no one wants to watch mini bike races except their parents..spectators at mx events are now a thing of the past

You say I whinge a lot? I have a national comp license and I race, do you? Or is it just your child that you pay for?
I whinge because i love my sport and ive seen it reduced from a pumping thing in the early 80"s to barely existing today.
From over 40 open senior races a year to less than 6 in Victoria
That is 100% the doing of MA and the mini bike parent invasion.

I dont wanna argue with you...you think junior mx is the bees knees and the parents are dedicated to making the sport work ...fine. lets split the sport back up to the way it was before...juniors have their tracks and their clubs and do their own thing and seniors do likewise
scott_nz wrote:
Out of interest , Why did the clubs join together ?
It was an amalgamation of race organizations, the ACU which was a seniors thing and the various junior organisations.
Why did they amalgamate..? I dont know! Temporary insanity perhaps...but one thing is for certain, it decimated both senior and junior mx racing..
Actually decimated is not appropriate..the term comes from the roman army habit of punishing 1 in 10 of a legion for misdeeds..the latin deca or 10 ( i think ? )
Its more like 9 out of 10 gone from the sport now.
The mini bike dad that had a go at me will never get it...none of them ever do, but these people now dominate every club...the club system is failed, the MA system has utterly failed.
The only hope for ressurection is through private enterprise and abandonment of MA and the club system
The ride park operators are giving us a glimpse of how it could be if people started to actually think rather than feel..like the mothers club always do...

Here's the thing...the mini bike dad that had a go at me will soon be gone from the sport, when his kid discovers cars and waxed magnets, hes gone, just like most kids that get everything given to them...mx means nothing to them, when they have to pay for it themselves, they're gone..
Ive had this same argument with these people for over 30 years..its not about the bloody kids...they are not the future of the sport...independent adults are the future of the sport, those with jobs and discretionary income..
The absence of these people on start lines today, is why the sport is dead, these are the people that must be catered for...they are customers..pure and simple and they vote with their feet...and they have done so!

Of all the mini bike parents ive fought and contested comittee ballots with, club direction ideology with... are any of them still involved in the sport.?..no any of their kids...no...
Junior motocross is a family thing..its short lived...the kids move on after they turn university or get a job and your own place age and the parents move on too..they are not in it for the sport or the future of the sport , its just a family thing.
There are of course some exceptions , but the rule generally holds true

We got in big troble when we allowed these people to take over our sport

MA might still exist to run junior mx...split it up..but senior mx belongs in the realm of private enterprise
mxmaniac
7/17/2018 2:54am
mxmaniac wrote:
Are you Scott colum?
scott_nz wrote:
no , know him tho

I saw him race in Aus over the years, he was especially quick at the Oceania race at barrabool. I was talking to Kevin Archer and Rachel Archer about him at the hat tan desert race 2 weekends ago. Broxy stayed with us in Aus for a bit, great guy.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
7/17/2018 2:56am
PJRAUS wrote:
I thought I'd refrain from bringing up the mothers club, not wanting to be branded sexist....but ahhhh fuck em" Whole things turned into a child minding...
I thought I'd refrain from bringing up the mothers club, not wanting to be branded sexist....but ahhhh fuck em"
Whole things turned into a child minding service...a reeeeeaaalllly expensive one!
aaryn #234 wrote:
Dam you like to whinge a lot PJR. Ever actually looked around at any of your local clubs to realise who it is that actually keeps...
Dam you like to whinge a lot PJR.

Ever actually looked around at any of your local clubs to realise who it is that actually keeps this sport running at a race level at any level what so ever?

Yep its the parents of those nappy wearers you go on about, the parents are the ones, finding funding for the clubs, volunteering their time to organise races as race secutaries, clerks of course, stewards running the canteen and so on.

The same people that sit there and work all race day while their kids fend for themselves trying to race, while mum and dad make sure the race day continues.

They are the ones that spend countless hours working in their own time before and after work so race days happen at all in this country.

If it was left up to senior riders like yourself and Yes including myself, race days would not happen at all.

Tell me how you think a race day would run if it was left to non junior parents to run them, seriously who do you think is going to magically run these events for you if eveyone had the same attitude for you.

You think it is hard trying to find someone to flag for yourself, tell me how its any easier for a parent there with their kid who had to go out and flag while their kid is left in the pits? Maybe you should realise that a parent also has to try and find someone else to come along to do a flag shift so they can stay with their kid on the start line and in the pits.

Maybe get yourself involved with a club and get things changed up,

I spent two days racing with my son on the weekend just gone, we raced Saturday at a no MA affiliated club in SA, race day started at 12 noon, Jay raced two classes, I didn't race as it was his first on the 65. (He is just out of nappies!)

Only 6 classes for the day, 50,65, 85, junior 125/250, Senior under 30, Senior over 30. If I had raced we would have raced in 50% of the classes between us, 3 laps practice then 3x4 lap races, packed up and out the gate by 4.15pm.

Sunday we went to local MA affiliated club, ran mainly by those parents you so detest. 7 Classes of racing and two senior feature races.

50, 65, 85, junior 125/250, Vets / Women combines , MX2 All grades (scored seperately) MX1 all grades. Feature races were 1 x 5 lap all powers race and 1 x 5 lap two stroke cup ( Track about 2min 10 sec long for a top A grader)

ABout $60 to enter 1st class extra $10 for for any additional classes or feature races.

Again my son raced 50 and 65 class, I raced Vets and MX1. Junior races were all 4 laps, so he had 6 four lap races for the day, I had 6 x 5 lap races for the day, about 12-13 minutes of riding per race x 6 races, so plenty of track time.

Even with a 30 minute ambo hold up we were done by 3.45pm!

The club allows senior riders who can't get a flaggy to flag practice (First in best dressed for the 13 flag points) They then allow those riders their own 4 lap practice before the first race.

Maybe move over to South Aus, or find a local track and get involved.

I do agree there are way to many people that want to run to many classes, the old my poor kid can't keep up with the front runners so lets create another grade and run them seperately, to that I say piss off. Unless all 40 gates are full, there is no need to run different grades seperately, score them seperately but let them all race at the same time.

PJRAUS wrote:
Been there and done that...couldnt give a damn about whinging mini bike parents..those are the people that drove out the enthusiasts that used to run clubs...before...
Been there and done that...couldnt give a damn about whinging mini bike parents..those are the people that drove out the enthusiasts that used to run clubs...before the amalgamation....most independent adult riders hate mini bike parents with very good reason...
Ive been heavily involved with more clubs than youve had hot dinners mate...since the late 1970's.
Everything worked ok til the mini bike parent invasion...now all you can do is whinge about how it is that mini bike parents are the only ones the make things happen, its because they are the only ones left..no one likes them and no ond wants anything to do with them...except other mini bike parents
Clubs used to be entrepreneurial..they ran feature events that drew spectators..paying spectators..then the mini bike poarents took over and its all about the kids....no one wants to watch mini bike races except their parents..spectators at mx events are now a thing of the past

You say I whinge a lot? I have a national comp license and I race, do you? Or is it just your child that you pay for?
I whinge because i love my sport and ive seen it reduced from a pumping thing in the early 80"s to barely existing today.
From over 40 open senior races a year to less than 6 in Victoria
That is 100% the doing of MA and the mini bike parent invasion.

I dont wanna argue with you...you think junior mx is the bees knees and the parents are dedicated to making the sport work ...fine. lets split the sport back up to the way it was before...juniors have their tracks and their clubs and do their own thing and seniors do likewise
I grew up around the sport, dad was the local club president back in the day at MRA here in SA, I spent my days from the age of 4 till 11 at the track most days of the week wondering around, while dad and a handful of volunteers ran the club, then more volunteers would rock up on race days and make the events run.

Most if not all of those volunteers were the parents of the riders, even know it was senior racing! seriously the seniors were still in their late teens early 20s, the track was ran by a guy who lost his son to racing, you probably raced against him!

The canteen was ran by two mothers of riders, same as the race sec, the guys who worked the track were parents of the riders, it was still parents running the show, just the kids were adults themselves.

That was just prior to the amalgamation, it was the hey day for the sport back then, MR motocross was huge, the only junior racing with seniors was the RLH class, which was for riders about to hit the senior ranks (15/16 yr old)

It was a time when shopping centres were closed on Sunday's, there was no internet and limited choice in sports, less legal crap to deal with. Volunteers were not hard to find, seriously there was nothing else to do, so why not and entry to a national was still around $20! (Had a mate check his ticket price from back in the late 80s to a MR Motocross event)

If 4000 people paid $20 back in 1988 to watch MX the club and promoter was making a fortune right. the same number of spectators as $20 these days I am sure a promoter would be happy with for a MX event in Aus! lucky to see 1000 - 1500 actual paying spectators to the biggest races in this country at the moment, no one is paying to come watch a local clubday, so its a rider pays program we are all in.

To sit there and blame mini bike parents for the downturn in racing is short-sighted. Is there a reason a all senior club could not now exist? ask yourself why it does not happen, I know plenty of riders who agree with you, and ask why they can't just have senior races, I have been there myself.

But at the end of the day despite there being many that think the same as you and as I have, nothing happens, again ask yourself why. The answer is simple, you just want someone else to organise everything and just rock up race and go home... But seriously who is going to do that for you?

In Vic the state titles still run separate junior and senior series, why not just rock up and race those, same here in SA, juniors race Sat, seniors Sunday.

You ask if I have a senior national licence, yes I certainly do, have had one since 2002, dad sold everything up when I was 11, I had to wait until I was in my early 20s to get a bike, learn to ride again and race.

I have raced every year since, been on many club, and series commitees and have become thankful that junior parents do the work they do, and also thankful that many of those volunteers continue on long after their kids have moved on from the sport.

I was lucky that my Girl Friend at the time and now wife came to every event with me, both here in SA and when I travelled interstate to flag for me when I started racing.

When I had kids that stopped and I came across your trouble of no flaggy, but quickly worked out that if I could team up with a rider in a different class, or work with a mini parent on the combined days, we could swap on and off between races, I made it work, still do.

My son has only just started racing this year, he turned 7 in March, if you think it is hard as a single adult trying to race and deal with finding a flaggy, try having a kid who wants to also ride and race, mum can't come to the track as she is off with my daughters sport, so now I rely on other junior parents to both help me with flagging and also looking after my son when on the track.

On Sunday just gone, another junior parent got Jay on his bike, on the line and the race started before I could pull back around after my race.

You can bang on all you want about mini parents being the death of senior only racing, but the truth is, it is senior riders who want everything done for them without lifting a finger themselves who have put an end to senior only racing.

As you say you can't even organise someone to flag for you, but expect a group of volunteers to put on an entire race event on for you everything provided but at a low cost and no extra cost for Flaggy.

Maybe you will get lucky and someone will find a way to make a profit from running events and you can just rock up to their races and pay to race. Actually there is, if you are willing to race the nationals, pay your $300 rock up and everything is provided, just bring your bike and race Smile

One thing I can promise you is, nothing ever changes from posting your thoughts on a message board. If you really want to get out and race make it happen, find a way. I will be, back racing again this weekend, then the following weekend.

Its all there in front of you if you really want to do it, or as you say you have been around since the 70s, from my understanding there is a huge vintage, Viper clubs getting around, seniors only, race every year of bike including moden classes.

The day in the dirt down under is heading to Qld in a couple of months, plenty of riding to be had there. Get out and race.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/17/2018 2:58am
we run a bit diffferent over here, i am not sure if we ever had split junior and senior clubs, (i started racing in 85)
but most our regional bigger meetings are run over 2 days, with juniors and mini's (on a seperate tracks) running saturday and seniors sunday, with the clubs getting outside flaggers in

all club days are run over one day all in, and you usually get cheap entry if you provide a flag marshal, some clubs still run a roster system

although we are still set up on the ACU system as well, i dont see MX races being run by promotors here any time soon, there is just not the money in it with out the volunteers,

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/17/2018 3:01am
mxmaniac wrote:
I saw him race in Aus over the years, he was especially quick at the Oceania race at barrabool. I was talking to Kevin Archer and...
I saw him race in Aus over the years, he was especially quick at the Oceania race at barrabool. I was talking to Kevin Archer and Rachel Archer about him at the hat tan desert race 2 weekends ago. Broxy stayed with us in Aus for a bit, great guy.
Kevin is a great guy, and still fast, Rachel is pretty dam handy as well, saw they both podiumed at Hatta,

Scotty came out and won the last round of our NZ cross country champs , after not racing for 2 years, on one of his families companies hire bikes, so he can still peddle, (the current MX2 # 2 won the series, and finished 2nd in that Cross Country race,

NZ is a small place, and MX is a small sport, we all know each other,

VET176
7/17/2018 3:03am
PJRAUS wrote:
It was an amalgamation of race organizations, the ACU which was a seniors thing and the various junior organisations. Why did they amalgamate..? I dont know...
It was an amalgamation of race organizations, the ACU which was a seniors thing and the various junior organisations.
Why did they amalgamate..? I dont know! Temporary insanity perhaps...but one thing is for certain, it decimated both senior and junior mx racing..
Actually decimated is not appropriate..the term comes from the roman army habit of punishing 1 in 10 of a legion for misdeeds..the latin deca or 10 ( i think ? )
Its more like 9 out of 10 gone from the sport now.
The mini bike dad that had a go at me will never get it...none of them ever do, but these people now dominate every club...the club system is failed, the MA system has utterly failed.
The only hope for ressurection is through private enterprise and abandonment of MA and the club system
The ride park operators are giving us a glimpse of how it could be if people started to actually think rather than feel..like the mothers club always do...

Here's the thing...the mini bike dad that had a go at me will soon be gone from the sport, when his kid discovers cars and waxed magnets, hes gone, just like most kids that get everything given to them...mx means nothing to them, when they have to pay for it themselves, they're gone..
Ive had this same argument with these people for over 30 years..its not about the bloody kids...they are not the future of the sport...independent adults are the future of the sport, those with jobs and discretionary income..
The absence of these people on start lines today, is why the sport is dead, these are the people that must be catered for...they are customers..pure and simple and they vote with their feet...and they have done so!

Of all the mini bike parents ive fought and contested comittee ballots with, club direction ideology with... are any of them still involved in the sport.?..no any of their kids...no...
Junior motocross is a family thing..its short lived...the kids move on after they turn university or get a job and your own place age and the parents move on too..they are not in it for the sport or the future of the sport , its just a family thing.
There are of course some exceptions , but the rule generally holds true

We got in big troble when we allowed these people to take over our sport

MA might still exist to run junior mx...split it up..but senior mx belongs in the realm of private enterprise

7/17/2018 3:12am
I’m not sure, everyone has really good points here.
Little things that MA have done like banning tear offs, banning go pro use?? Don’t help the issue.
Clubs forcing seniors to go and Marshall.. its a lot of effort and money to get up there for the day after working all week, now we have to sit around and Marshall for the Morning before we ride?? No thanks.
This kind of stuff along with the fees etc is what steered me away from the sport.
I don’t watch Aussie MX but I make a point of watching every AMA round.. not sure why but I’m probably not the only one.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
7/17/2018 3:28am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 3:29am
PJ I don't mean to be an Ass, I am also passionate about the sport.

Don't get me wrong I would love a world where senior and junior racing were still separate for the most part, it would make my life easier on both fronts of racing myself and then my son racing.

I just don't see it happening in this day and age, volunteers are a thing of the past, paid volunteers (oxymoron!) raise the price of racing, so we either accept more expensive racing or running with juniors.

But seriously if you do want to race, there are events out there that will cater to what you are looking for, SA is not that far down the road, come race our next two state titles, seniors only on Sunday, $20 covers your flaggy, Vets class is normally close to a full gate and we all have a ball, whinge about each other, then line up and do it again.
PJRAUS
7/17/2018 3:41am
You are obviously one of the exceptions i mentioned..second generation racer and your child the third..thats very commendable..the majority of your mini bike bretheren will not be able to say the same thing..and they are running the sport for their kids benefit, in a heart beat they'll be gone..

Yes the Vic titles run seperate senior and junior events and yes I compete in them.
Ive actually flagged one day and raced the other...thats how i know that flag money was taken and volunteers were used..

You can blame shopping centres and mobile phones...but that was not an issue during the time of the amalgamation, the drop off of senior riders was immediate..
You can bung on about the cost of living etc etc...all you like, but the ride parks are packed with people on new bikes ,so that argument doesnt cut it either, they want nothing to do with clubs and MA bullshit

You can describe how you got around the flag marshal thing...everyones mileage varies... motocross meant everything to me,my addiction to it left me fairly devoid of a social life, and from a small town where no one else raced....as
hard as I tried, i could never find anyone to take to the races.
Others here have said its what drove them out..just because you found a way around it doesnt mean others can...it was black and white, no flagger , no ride...simple. people left the sport because of it. Dumbest thing ever done in this sport

this was pure mini bike parent ideology brought over from the junior mx associations....every single rider at a race meeting was there with at least one parent, they had to be...sub 16 year olds arent allowed to drive!
Having that available labor force was utilised by them to provide flaggies..

Clubs running senior events had to have their shit together..a good open senior feature event would make their year financially...making the riders provide the staff to run the event would have been considered an absurd idea..those clubs were real clubs ,doing a variety of things..real club ideals and mentality..not just a collection of parents providing a riding opportunity the kids.. A current example of a club with this old school entrepreneurial mentality is the Horsham club..

I quit racing in 2002 when i fronted up to a 2 day open meeting at a club that i was a member of, the event sponsored heavily by the yamaha dealer that sponsored me, entered in 4 classes and some stupid bitch at sign on said , find a flagger or you dont ride...i packed my shit and turned my back on the sport for over 10 years..

I will keep banging on about mini bike parents being the death of the sport because they are!
Stop thinking about how your child is a third generation racer, take your blinkers off and have a look at the bigger picture.
Clubs were entrepenuers, they ran senior races to make money, once mini bike parents took over, they ran races to entertain the kids and themselves.
Senior riders are customers...you wanna make money as a club? Cater to what senior riders want...you dont want senior riders ? Keep running it the same.

Ive been that senior rider trying to direct a club away from this notion that its all about kids...and i still am.. but with these domineering mini bike parents...its impossible to even get a look in.
With how hard it is to get land to start a track now and every club locked up into mini bike mentality...theres no hope at a club level for a ressurection...

I say its mini bike parents and MA to blame...you say its shopping centres and mobile phones etc..
I wonder what others think?
PJRAUS
7/17/2018 4:26am
aaryn #234 wrote:
PJ I don't mean to be an Ass, I am also passionate about the sport. Don't get me wrong I would love a world where senior...
PJ I don't mean to be an Ass, I am also passionate about the sport.

Don't get me wrong I would love a world where senior and junior racing were still separate for the most part, it would make my life easier on both fronts of racing myself and then my son racing.

I just don't see it happening in this day and age, volunteers are a thing of the past, paid volunteers (oxymoron!) raise the price of racing, so we either accept more expensive racing or running with juniors.

But seriously if you do want to race, there are events out there that will cater to what you are looking for, SA is not that far down the road, come race our next two state titles, seniors only on Sunday, $20 covers your flaggy, Vets class is normally close to a full gate and we all have a ball, whinge about each other, then line up and do it again.
Ive heard SA has gone black? Is that the case with these races you mentioned? Black is beautiful!

We will see, I keep hearing from this guy on facebook that a breakaway mx organization is ready to launch...imminent.. i dont know him and im highly sceptical , but he's adamant.
The ride park owners may well evolve into race promoters....thats how they operate in the USA..
People will always want to race..when someone comes up with a workable concept for running races devoid of the baggage, unnecessary rules and officialdom, unnecessary flaggers on tracks devoid of any blind spots and keeps it to no more than 6 classes or so with decent length motos...

Its naive to think that people who wanna go fast on a motocross bike dont wanna race....most do , its human nature.
Officialdom, petty bullshit and unnecessary expense have gotten in the way of that..
Frank Thomason from Racing Enterprises Motocross at Glern Helen , California, runs something like 40 races a year doesnt he? Ive raced there....its like being set free from slavery... I wonder if the regulars there think that motocross racing could never be any good run by a private promotor?

Here's some maths... for a ride park operator..

6 classes

30 riders signed up per class = 180

$ 60 entry fee...fucking cheap compared to any MA sanctioned open meeting about $5 to $10 dearer than a practise day

3× 20 min motos per class = 6 hours of racing...most ride park days are 9,30 am to 4.30 pm ,so 7 hours, an hour for lunch break and its even. Thats plenty of hard moto track time for just about anyone

180 entries x $ 60 = $10,800 for the day... not a bad take, leaves some fat for overheads

Does the promoter need flaggies? Depends on the track and common sense...no MA , common sense would prevail

Score keepers? Go with transponders.

Finish line flagger, same person that drops the start gate...

Frank Thomasson doesnt have to pay a large contingent of staff does he?

This notion that race days are vastly more expensive than practice days, is simply because MA nakes it so..

Insurance may be more expensive for a race day..but other than the drop of the gate...what difference is there really to a bunch of riders going for broke on the pro track at Baccus Marsh?

The ride park operators will eventually wake up to this.

PJRAUS
7/17/2018 4:34am
Because if I only look at their social, the riders of the series social, etc.. it looks like it’s banging. Lots of riders, good competition, semi...
Because if I only look at their social, the riders of the series social, etc.. it looks like it’s banging. Lots of riders, good competition, semi trucks, reminds me of Canadian nationals.

So please enlighten us what the hell is going on in Australia that makes people talk like MA is burying the sport one weekend at a time.
Ha ha...sometimes we forget about the original poster in these threads and the original question..
Do you feel as though you are getting a handle on this yet?
fanger
7/17/2018 6:24am
It’s cheaper to play a season of footy than it is to do one race for the year.

I get paid 50 bucks a game by my local footy club, most of my mates are in the same boat. Why would we even think about blowing a weeks wage to race on a weekend?
Jrewing
7/17/2018 6:45am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 6:47am
PJR you sir are a legend.. I just informed MNSW by email today as my licence expired that I'm not renewing my son's and my licences. Ride parks are better and I'm sick of the clubs bullshit at races..
Going to California opened my eyes to the Beuracratical bullshit.
I can see Ridepark doing events soon enough.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/17/2018 11:21am
PJRAUS wrote:
Ive heard SA has gone black? Is that the case with these races you mentioned? Black is beautiful! We will see, I keep hearing from this...
Ive heard SA has gone black? Is that the case with these races you mentioned? Black is beautiful!

We will see, I keep hearing from this guy on facebook that a breakaway mx organization is ready to launch...imminent.. i dont know him and im highly sceptical , but he's adamant.
The ride park owners may well evolve into race promoters....thats how they operate in the USA..
People will always want to race..when someone comes up with a workable concept for running races devoid of the baggage, unnecessary rules and officialdom, unnecessary flaggers on tracks devoid of any blind spots and keeps it to no more than 6 classes or so with decent length motos...

Its naive to think that people who wanna go fast on a motocross bike dont wanna race....most do , its human nature.
Officialdom, petty bullshit and unnecessary expense have gotten in the way of that..
Frank Thomason from Racing Enterprises Motocross at Glern Helen , California, runs something like 40 races a year doesnt he? Ive raced there....its like being set free from slavery... I wonder if the regulars there think that motocross racing could never be any good run by a private promotor?

Here's some maths... for a ride park operator..

6 classes

30 riders signed up per class = 180

$ 60 entry fee...fucking cheap compared to any MA sanctioned open meeting about $5 to $10 dearer than a practise day

3× 20 min motos per class = 6 hours of racing...most ride park days are 9,30 am to 4.30 pm ,so 7 hours, an hour for lunch break and its even. Thats plenty of hard moto track time for just about anyone

180 entries x $ 60 = $10,800 for the day... not a bad take, leaves some fat for overheads

Does the promoter need flaggies? Depends on the track and common sense...no MA , common sense would prevail

Score keepers? Go with transponders.

Finish line flagger, same person that drops the start gate...

Frank Thomasson doesnt have to pay a large contingent of staff does he?

This notion that race days are vastly more expensive than practice days, is simply because MA nakes it so..

Insurance may be more expensive for a race day..but other than the drop of the gate...what difference is there really to a bunch of riders going for broke on the pro track at Baccus Marsh?

The ride park operators will eventually wake up to this.

REM has the population of Australia within a about an hours drive, so what works there, may not work there, have a look how many ride parks there are in so cal compared to race operations,

i think your wrong in the fact that most people want to race, for most poeple, taking 3 hours on a sunday to go riding at a ride park is more fun than 6-8 hours at a track for 3-4 races,

also, it takes at least 5 people more, plus flag marshals to run a race day rather than a ride day,
2 extra sign on, 2 starters, 1 finish flag, 1 timer,

a timing system costs 15K plus $350 plus each transonder, so either the riders have to buy them, or you have to rent them, which means someone has to collect them, and ring those who leave with them etc,

I think your right about the bike parks, i just don't think many of them will go into running races,

i'm lucky, i have the choice of at least 2 club day races every weekend within 2 hours drive of me, NZ MX is still going head, plus 3 ride parks within an hour, great place to live here in NZ, i know the access to riding is not as easy over their

Post a reply to: I want to know all the Aus MX problems

The Latest