"I want some new rims"

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2019 11:00 AM

Photo

All too often the answer to this poll question seems too hard to too many people in the MX community.

Hint: There is only one correct answer.

What is the item pictured?

View Results

|

www.cromp.com.au
MX | Enduro | Adventure

we ride it. we know it. we love it. we sell it.

3/8/2019 11:09 AM

The worst is car guys calling wheels rims as if you can get “alloy” rims only and not the entire wheel.

|

3/8/2019 11:13 AM

kb228 wrote:

The worst is car guys calling wheels rims as if you can get “alloy” rims only and not the entire wheel.

You can buy "rims" only for a car, if you have 3 piece wheels.

|

3/8/2019 11:18 AM

Or people who say “ I need new wheels.” When they mean tires.

|

3/8/2019 11:20 AM

sowers711 wrote:

Or people who say “ I need new wheels.” When they mean tires.

This always bothers me. I wish I could let it go, but man it bugs me!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/8/2019 11:22 AM

kb228 wrote:

R.EX wrote:

Technically, 3-piece wheel components are the center, inner barrel, and outer barrel (outer lip).

|

3/8/2019 11:23 AM

too much rim make the ride too hard- Tyga

|

3/8/2019 11:24 AM

Funny we have the same phenomenon in France.
For some guys, a wheel is a rim, while the actual rim becomes a circle or a hoop.
laughing

|

3/8/2019 11:24 AM

The "I love lamp" votes get added to the "Rim" votes, because thats what i hear when someone calls (spoiler alert) a wheel , a rim.

|

www.cromp.com.au
MX | Enduro | Adventure

3/8/2019 11:28 AM

I prefer dirty rims.

|

3/8/2019 11:29 AM

Skids wrote: Photo

All too often the answer to this poll question seems too hard to too many people in the MX community.

You can buy new rims without buying the whole wheel assembly. Not sure if that's what you're getting at here since you posted a picture of the whole wheel assembly...

|

3/8/2019 11:31 AM

According to the dictionary, wanting "new rims" is correct usage of term:

Photo

|

3/8/2019 11:31 AM

kb228 wrote:

R.EX wrote:

I havent looked hard, but in the process of buying wheels for my truck i have never seen anywhere where you can buy only rims. Its always the entire wheel regardless of how many individual pieces.

|

3/8/2019 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2019 11:39 AM

kb228 wrote:

R.EX wrote:

kb228 wrote:

I havent looked hard, but in the process of buying wheels for my truck i have never seen anywhere where you can buy only rims. Its always the entire wheel regardless of how many individual pieces.

I think that's what he was saying. Cars only have wheels. I tried to rind if the spoked wheels are sold separately but looks like they're all built as one also.

|

3/8/2019 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2019 11:43 AM

R.EX wrote:

kb228 wrote:

psg119 wrote:

I think that's what he was saying. Cars only have wheels. I tried to rind if the spoked wheels are sold separately but looks like they're all built as one also.

They are often sold as "Lips" and "Barrels"

|

3/8/2019 11:43 AM

psg119 wrote:

You can buy new rims without buying the whole wheel assembly. Not sure if that's what you're getting at here since you posted a picture of the whole wheel assembly...

Exactly what im getting at.
Eg. People call asking for a new 19" rim in black, and it turns out they are actually chasing a wheel.

|

www.cromp.com.au
MX | Enduro | Adventure

3/8/2019 11:44 AM

kb228 wrote:

psg119 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

They are often sold as "Lips" and "Barrels"

Found it! Thanks for clarifying.

|

3/8/2019 11:46 AM

psg119 wrote:

Skids wrote:

Exactly what im getting at.
Eg. People call asking for a new 19" rim in black, and it turns out they are actually chasing a wheel.

Okay, I hear ya!

|