RV to MXGP might mean another USGP

8/2/2014 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 11:34pm
Well not hard to see where this thread is gonna go. Screw it, let's kick it into high gear. After Tomac finishes wiping the floor with...
Well not hard to see where this thread is gonna go. Screw it, let's kick it into high gear. After Tomac finishes wiping the floor with KRoc these final rounds, he's gonna show the world who the new boss is at the MXdN. With Dunge in tow too? Woof, won't be pretty
It'll go there if some people "kick it into high gear" alright.Tomac's flying but not a threat to Roczen,who's definitely off his game now,You could well be right about the MXdN though,although it's a dissapointment again with Herlings out TC on a 250 and teams all down with injuries

I'm with Rock too,there's no substitute for racing,pounding laps at the same practice tracks has guys injured every year
The Rock
8/2/2014 11:36pm
Eh, I was really jus trying to be an ass and kick this thread into high gear. Nationals rule! The GP's are like watching my local...
Eh, I was really jus trying to be an ass and kick this thread into high gear. Nationals rule! The GP's are like watching my local C class! Puke, boring! Naw kidding aside, Kenny has a great shot at the title and Tomac is irrelevant. Dunge ,on the other hand, is building momentum like a freight train and it can't be inspiring to KRoc to be getting waxed all the sudden by the both of them. Whoever wins will be a deserving champ for sure. I think the "racing for a title" idea is totally weak ass though, by the way. When they are both heathy Tomac owns KR, and he's just getting into his rhythm. And oops, Unadilla is next up where ET absolutely owns.
I think the "racing for a title" idea is totally weak ass though, by the way.

Rick Johnson had the 250 National title wrapped up but instead went for the win and blew out his front wheel and his shot at the National title.

Tomac didn't own K Roc at the MXoN as I recall.
chrisbuehler
8/2/2014 11:41pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
He's won there once
He demolished the field in 3 of the last 4 motos. Clinics he put on

The Shop

chrisbuehler
8/2/2014 11:49pm
The Rock wrote:
[b]I think the "racing for a title" idea is totally weak ass though, by the way.[/b] Rick Johnson had the 250 National title wrapped up but...
I think the "racing for a title" idea is totally weak ass though, by the way.

Rick Johnson had the 250 National title wrapped up but instead went for the win and blew out his front wheel and his shot at the National title.

Tomac didn't own K Roc at the MXoN as I recall.
Ah that's a nice pull. I was pretty young, can you refresh my memory? RJ had the title on lockdown in 85(?) and in the final race just kept putting it to the field. Over jumped something and destroyed his wheel? Solid example. Guess seeing MC be so dominant in SX and then the whole Carmicheal era left us all a little jaded as far as racecraft goes.
8/2/2014 11:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 12:00am
The Rock wrote:
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely. My favorite was the line about the riders not...
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely.

My favorite was the line about the riders not racing the USGPs out of fear of getting hurt. Unless those guys weren't practicing I don't buy the logic of not racing since so many people get injured practicing. Racing is the best practice there is.

USGP would have to come at the end of the Nationals to avoid the injury avoidance excuse card being played again.

chrisbuehler-You mean Tomac wiping K Roc the way Reed wiped RC the last six SX races one season but RC won the title?. At this point in the season if K Roc uses his head he will race for the championship and not race wins.
Eh, I was really jus trying to be an ass and kick this thread into high gear. Nationals rule! The GP's are like watching my local...
Eh, I was really jus trying to be an ass and kick this thread into high gear. Nationals rule! The GP's are like watching my local C class! Puke, boring! Naw kidding aside, Kenny has a great shot at the title and Tomac is irrelevant. Dunge ,on the other hand, is building momentum like a freight train and it can't be inspiring to KRoc to be getting waxed all the sudden by the both of them. Whoever wins will be a deserving champ for sure. I think the "racing for a title" idea is totally weak ass though, by the way. When they are both heathy Tomac owns KR, and he's just getting into his rhythm. And oops, Unadilla is next up where ET absolutely owns.
You're an ass alright,Roczen's owned everyone a number of times this year,he totally demoralised Dungey until recently,it's hard to deny he's missing something now,who knows maybe he is burnt out like last year?

As a fan of both series,with great racing dotted around everywhere,MX2 has been the best to watch this year hands down,regardless of Herlings out front,just because you might not have heard many of these guys names but then again you've got a guy leading the Nationals that no one's heard of outside the US,it's called progression,btw they can breathe a sigh of relief at Unadilla now the boy Herlings is out too,or am I just being an ass too Wink
8/3/2014 12:07am
ruskymx wrote:
When was the last USGP? 1999 at Budd's? Wasn't K-dub the only US rider to show and he won, didn't he? I was there, I should...
When was the last USGP? 1999 at Budd's? Wasn't K-dub the only US rider to show and he won, didn't he? I was there, I should know, but can't remember.

Ruskymx
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them...
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them all to show up)

the other more recent us gps- only alessi showed up out of the top us riders. All scared of being beaten by riders they've never heard of i would think
Nobodies scared. It's just that their employers wouldn't allow it.

The Americans that raced anyway were fined by their teams.
chrisbuehler
8/3/2014 12:17am
The Rock wrote:
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely. My favorite was the line about the riders not...
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely.

My favorite was the line about the riders not racing the USGPs out of fear of getting hurt. Unless those guys weren't practicing I don't buy the logic of not racing since so many people get injured practicing. Racing is the best practice there is.

USGP would have to come at the end of the Nationals to avoid the injury avoidance excuse card being played again.

chrisbuehler-You mean Tomac wiping K Roc the way Reed wiped RC the last six SX races one season but RC won the title?. At this point in the season if K Roc uses his head he will race for the championship and not race wins.
You're an ass alright,Roczen's owned everyone a number of times this year,he totally demoralised Dungey until recently,it's hard to deny he's missing something now,who knows maybe...
You're an ass alright,Roczen's owned everyone a number of times this year,he totally demoralised Dungey until recently,it's hard to deny he's missing something now,who knows maybe he is burnt out like last year?

As a fan of both series,with great racing dotted around everywhere,MX2 has been the best to watch this year hands down,regardless of Herlings out front,just because you might not have heard many of these guys names but then again you've got a guy leading the Nationals that no one's heard of outside the US,it's called progression,btw they can breathe a sigh of relief at Unadilla now the boy Herlings is out too,or am I just being an ass too Wink
I truly was jus having fun. The GP vs National intensity just keeps jacking up more and more as the seasons come to a close, culminating in the MXdN. You can check my post history, obviously you won't you have a life, but I was on the Herlings bandwagon for Unadilla. It's been awesome to see all the GP's this yr on network tv in the states and tbh, if I was a racer, I thnk I'd rather just do the GP's. As opposed the the whole SX circus/ National schedule. No, no sigh of relief from me when JH got hurt. Unadilla is only 5hrs away from me! Damn cruel universe. JMO that Tomac is coming into his own and if there's gonna be any challengers, it's gonna be once a year when he races Herlings.
8/3/2014 12:52am
You're an ass alright,Roczen's owned everyone a number of times this year,he totally demoralised Dungey until recently,it's hard to deny he's missing something now,who knows maybe...

I truly was jus having fun. The GP vs National intensity just keeps jacking up more and more as the seasons come to a close, culminating...
I truly was jus having fun. The GP vs National intensity just keeps jacking up more and more as the seasons come to a close, culminating in the MXdN. You can check my post history, obviously you won't you have a life, but I was on the Herlings bandwagon for Unadilla. It's been awesome to see all the GP's this yr on network tv in the states and tbh, if I was a racer, I thnk I'd rather just do the GP's. As opposed the the whole SX circus/ National schedule. No, no sigh of relief from me when JH got hurt. Unadilla is only 5hrs away from me! Damn cruel universe. JMO that Tomac is coming into his own and if there's gonna be any challengers, it's gonna be once a year when he races Herlings.
Points taken,Tomac is definitely on it right now,Roczen faded like this last year,,I hope he can get back to that speed he had earlier on and we see some 3 way insanity!

I'm on a wind up too,gutted JH isnt at Unadilla and the MXdN,can't wait to see all these guys go up against each other together,every year we get robbed of a handfull of top guys
chrisbuehler
8/3/2014 1:42am
No Unadilla and for the 2nd yr in a row no MXdN for JH! Think you mentioned earlier too, AC on the 250 to top it off. Little bit of the steam for my fav race of the year gone already. Although AC pulling out something epic on a bike he hasn't raced since what, 2008? Could make for one hell of a storyline. As good as another showdown with the Dunge or even Tomac? Eh prob not
8/3/2014 3:04am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 3:05am
Well not hard to see where this thread is gonna go. Screw it, let's kick it into high gear. After Tomac finishes wiping the floor with...
Well not hard to see where this thread is gonna go. Screw it, let's kick it into high gear. After Tomac finishes wiping the floor with KRoc these final rounds, he's gonna show the world who the new boss is at the MXdN. With Dunge in tow too? Woof, won't be pretty
It'll go there if some people "kick it into high gear" alright.Tomac's flying but not a threat to Roczen,who's definitely off his game now,You could well...
It'll go there if some people "kick it into high gear" alright.Tomac's flying but not a threat to Roczen,who's definitely off his game now,You could well be right about the MXdN though,although it's a dissapointment again with Herlings out TC on a 250 and teams all down with injuries

I'm with Rock too,there's no substitute for racing,pounding laps at the same practice tracks has guys injured every year
agree 100% about the racing instead of practicing - racing a USGP would be better practice/ training than going practicing at one of the normal tracks- plenty of guys get hurt practicing so not racing the usgp and using that as an excuse is pretty weak

Fair play to K- dub for giving it a shot in 1999 when he traded race wins with everts, and fair play to alessi and townley at glen helen the other year too. They obviously have the same opinion about racing vs practice- its a shame none of the other riders share this view.

Same goes for desalle, strijbos, de dyker, de reuver and all the other gp riders that have had the balls to cross the pond and race in the 'other series' just for fun on a weekend when their main championship isnt on. I would love to see more ama guys try and race a gp or vice versa- it makes a great spectacle. Even if it is a risk for their ego's
8/3/2014 3:16am
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them...
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them all to show up)

the other more recent us gps- only alessi showed up out of the top us riders. All scared of being beaten by riders they've never heard of i would think
More so that they had nothing to gain for the risk they would take.
Never a problem for Stanton & Co to ride their home GP back in the day. They would even ride the Japanese GP when there was...
Never a problem for Stanton & Co to ride their home GP back in the day. They would even ride the Japanese GP when there was one.
Different times, different paychecks and different contracts.
8/3/2014 3:23am
id still be surprised if RV does come and do gps next year but the rumour doesnt seem to be going away!

would love to see it happen
The Rock
8/3/2014 8:49pm
I won't be surprised.

I don't have any inside information on this but my gut tells me RV will do it. Why not plus RV had alluded to doing a year in MXGP after he retired so maybe we are at this point in time. I would love to be able to travel the world for 17 weeks going to mainly new venues new towns new etc PLUS being exposed to new cultures. Good work if you can get it if you ask me.

Post a reply to: RV to MXGP might mean another USGP

The Latest