RV to MXGP might mean another USGP

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 8:49pm
I am all for bringing Lenny back and that got me thinking......... I haven't been as up to speed on the GPs since Geoff got clicked and would like to see him back. People like Geoff and Team Green bring a lot to Vital MX IMHO and no one has to click on Geoff's threads if they don't want to.

If we can handle what my poo looks like after an energy drink thread I think I could even handle Geoff posting that Benjamin Netanyahu will be on a 2016 Honda 500cc two stroke in MXGP and not implode.
|
8/2/2014 11:55am
Just go to his website? WTF does he add besides spamming his links around?

People get clipped for a reason, and i'm sure GuyB ain't trigger happy with it.
chrisbuehler
8/2/2014 11:58am
Like Geoff when he contributes to threads not so much the spamming
stantdm
8/2/2014 12:07pm
If Guy clips them there has to be a point where they just don't get to come back. As in enough is enough. Guy has been very forgiving with some of these people but they push too far.
TeamGreen
8/2/2014 12:15pm
I'd like to read Geoff's latest: he just needs to remember he's on someone-else's site that's in the same biz. DC's conduct might be a good "guide"...

Geoff brings a lot of good GP info & insight.

So...

"x2"

The Shop

The Rock
8/2/2014 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 1:35pm
Like Geoff when he contributes to threads not so much the spamming
The MXoN being on the horizon is what made me think of Geoff and what he could contribute. Just sayin'
chrisbuehler
8/2/2014 1:03pm
The Rock wrote:
The MXoN being on the horizon is what made me think of Geoff and what he could contribute. Just sayin'
True that. I actually appreciate the GP banter and, if it can stay intelligent, comparing the diff series. Guys like McCread, Jamma, Kongols, and of course Geoff make for great threads. Felt Geoff went a little spam crazy last yr during the MxDN though
hillbilly
8/2/2014 1:14pm
The post that got him sent to Siberia was a bit over the line for a guy that is supposed to be a professional journalist.
The Rock
8/2/2014 1:48pm
I changed the title as I am going to take overthebars39 advice.

On the new thread title I never had considered if RV goes to MXGP that we'd see another USGP. I just pulled this off MX Large.

Is RV going staying retiring. I still think he is going to MXGP.
ruskymx
8/2/2014 1:54pm
When was the last USGP? 1999 at Budd's? Wasn't K-dub the only US rider to show and he won, didn't he? I was there, I should know, but can't remember.

Ruskymx
DownSouth
8/2/2014 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 2:03pm
ruskymx wrote:
When was the last USGP? 1999 at Budd's? Wasn't K-dub the only US rider to show and he won, didn't he? I was there, I should...
When was the last USGP? 1999 at Budd's? Wasn't K-dub the only US rider to show and he won, didn't he? I was there, I should know, but can't remember.

Ruskymx
Glen Helen 2010 & 2011.
The Rock
8/2/2014 2:41pm
I have been wrong before but I am pretty sure if RV racing is MXGP there will be more people motivated to attend a USGP than there were in 2010 and 2011.

8/2/2014 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 2:55pm
ruskymx wrote:
When was the last USGP? 1999 at Budd's? Wasn't K-dub the only US rider to show and he won, didn't he? I was there, I should...

Ruskymx
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them all to show up)

the other more recent us gps- only alessi showed up out of the top us riders. All scared of being beaten by riders they've never heard of i would think
8/2/2014 3:17pm
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them...
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them all to show up)

the other more recent us gps- only alessi showed up out of the top us riders. All scared of being beaten by riders they've never heard of i would think
More so that they had nothing to gain for the risk they would take.
8/2/2014 3:26pm
k dub and everts won one race each. K dub was the only us rider to show though- even after everts goding them (stefan wanted them...

Never a problem for Stanton & Co to ride their home GP back in the day. They would even ride the Japanese GP when there was one.
ruskymx
8/2/2014 3:39pm

If there is a USGP in the near future, they should try to schedule it between the end of the US series and the MXoN. I think there would be a better turnout if it's the last GP of the series before the MXoN like Mexico is this year. Wishful thinking.....

Ruskymx
8/2/2014 3:56pm
“Of course if Villopoto was to come and race the series and I say that with a big smile on my face, then it would also be important for us to race a round in America" -Luongo

Olson
8/2/2014 4:13pm
Luongos smile = $$$$$$$$$$$
watson
8/2/2014 5:19pm
Wasn't Southwick being talked about as a possible GP round? Of course, timing is as much or more important than location for US rider presence; if the Glen Helen USGP was any indication.
watson
8/2/2014 5:23pm

Never a problem for Stanton & Co to ride their home GP back in the day. They would even ride the Japanese GP when there was...
Never a problem for Stanton & Co to ride their home GP back in the day. They would even ride the Japanese GP when there was one.
Apples & oranges. The money and contracts weren't what they are now.
8/2/2014 5:52pm
There is zero national pride with US riders. If it was important to them they would get it written into their contracts. They ride Japanese and Austrian bikes for a reason. The entire USA brain trust is incapable of producing a motocross bike. Hell the only reason the USA has a MXDN Team is because of the efforts of a man from Belgium. How patriotic is that?
DonM
8/2/2014 6:06pm
ruskymx wrote:

Ruskymx

Your rhetoric gets rather old, add to the fact that you are totally clueless which leads to your credibility factor at a total of zero...
Outsider
8/2/2014 6:34pm
RV racing the series and having a round in the states would generate a LOT of interest, imo.
jeffro503
8/2/2014 8:38pm
it doesn't bother me that Geoff doesn't post here. He causes more problems than he's worth in my opinion.
jeffro503
8/2/2014 8:40pm
ruskymx wrote:

Ruskymx

You're not only wrong......but mis-informed.
dboivin
8/2/2014 8:54pm
just IMO...but if there is to be a USGP it has to happen directly before our series starts. That is the only way you will get participation from our riders. Many riders will utilize it to get up to speed and test their speed. A weekend before Glen Helen or Hangtown (whoever leads off the season) would be ideal.

really miss the USGP and wish it would happen on some level.
Original 44
8/2/2014 9:00pm
There is zero national pride with US riders. If it was important to them they would get it written into their contracts. They ride Japanese and...
There is zero national pride with US riders. If it was important to them they would get it written into their contracts. They ride Japanese and Austrian bikes for a reason. The entire USA brain trust is incapable of producing a motocross bike. Hell the only reason the USA has a MXDN Team is because of the efforts of a man from Belgium. How patriotic is that?
Racing 16 rounds of supercross and 12 rounds outdoors would have nothing to do with that. Throw in the Monster Cup that's a long season. The Glen Helen USGP was at the beginning of the Outdoor season and the end of the Supercross Season.
chrisbuehler
8/2/2014 9:03pm
Well not hard to see where this thread is gonna go. Screw it, let's kick it into high gear. After Tomac finishes wiping the floor with KRoc these final rounds, he's gonna show the world who the new boss is at the MXdN. With Dunge in tow too? Woof, won't be pretty
The Rock
8/2/2014 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 10:41pm
There is zero national pride with US riders. If it was important to them they would get it written into their contracts. They ride Japanese and...
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely.

My favorite was the line about the riders not racing the USGPs out of fear of getting hurt. Unless those guys weren't practicing I don't buy the logic of not racing since so many people get injured practicing. Racing is the best practice there is.

USGP would have to come at the end of the Nationals to avoid the injury avoidance excuse card being played again.

chrisbuehler-You mean Tomac wiping K Roc the way Reed wiped RC the last six SX races one season but RC won the title?. At this point in the season if K Roc uses his head he will race for the championship and not race wins.
chrisbuehler
8/2/2014 11:10pm
The Rock wrote:
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely. My favorite was the line about the riders not...
Not sure I would say zero national pride but it is lacking in a few areas definitely.

My favorite was the line about the riders not racing the USGPs out of fear of getting hurt. Unless those guys weren't practicing I don't buy the logic of not racing since so many people get injured practicing. Racing is the best practice there is.

USGP would have to come at the end of the Nationals to avoid the injury avoidance excuse card being played again.

chrisbuehler-You mean Tomac wiping K Roc the way Reed wiped RC the last six SX races one season but RC won the title?. At this point in the season if K Roc uses his head he will race for the championship and not race wins.
Eh, I was really jus trying to be an ass and kick this thread into high gear. Nationals rule! The GP's are like watching my local C class! Puke, boring! Naw kidding aside, Kenny has a great shot at the title and Tomac is irrelevant. Dunge ,on the other hand, is building momentum like a freight train and it can't be inspiring to KRoc to be getting waxed all the sudden by the both of them. Whoever wins will be a deserving champ for sure. I think the "racing for a title" idea is totally weak ass though, by the way. When they are both heathy Tomac owns KR, and he's just getting into his rhythm. And oops, Unadilla is next up where ET absolutely owns.

Post a reply to: RV to MXGP might mean another USGP

The Latest