I’ve hit MX podcast saturation...

1/19/2019 11:52am
deluxeman wrote:
Can't listen when Keefer is on if anyone else is in the car. His F bombs get really old really quickly. He's like a 13 year...
Can't listen when Keefer is on if anyone else is in the car. His F bombs get really old really quickly. He's like a 13 year old that just learned the word and can't stop using it. Hey I can swear with the best of them, but it is just too much to take some days.

The podcast world will sort itself out. The weak ones will fail the good ones will succeed and grow. No different than any other business.
Patrick461 wrote:
I couldn’t agree more. I love listening to pulp mx pod cast with my youngest, an occasional bad word here and there isn’t terrible. But Keefer...
I couldn’t agree more. I love listening to pulp mx pod cast with my youngest, an occasional bad word here and there isn’t terrible. But Keefer just can’t hell himself it speaks to either his lack of respect,low character or lack of intelligence. In contrast. I think JT is one of the smartest guys out there and doesn’t speak that way. Sitting on the tail and shooting the sh?t with grown adults with no youngsters around is one thing,but when you’re media. Clean it up or don’t call in Sick of that guy. Don’t understand people’s fascination with him. Drop him pulp I’ve written emails to you before. Going to stop sending you guys money if somebody doesn’t correct this guy or drop him. Bash me all you want keefer minions but you can’t argue it’s not cool for me have to pre screen the pod cast before I drive to the track with my son and have to tell him no. He’s 10. And he already loves Pulp MX. Think about that
I’d drop in links of studies showing people who curse are more intelligent, but I know you’d brush it off.

Anyway, grow a pair of balls. People like you write me emails about us cursing on OTB. You know what I do? Read it, say out loud “fuck you lady”, delete and carry on.

Before you call me a minion or whatever- I’ve never listened to Keefer.

Just chill out and let the men talk... Beta male. Triggered all the time. Complaining.
1/19/2019 2:47pm
Tarz483 wrote:
For the past year ive been listening to them all but there are some i cant even get through so wont try to anymore. Pulp is...
For the past year ive been listening to them all but there are some i cant even get through so wont try to anymore.
Pulp is best
Keefer is great
Jt has a lot of insight.
DMXS guys seem like jerks
Main event is hit or miss, a few episodes i found really interesting but most not so much.
A couple other podcasts are just boring and seem like 100% just recycled info like they just listened to pulp
Main Event is good to great when Blair's brother is on or Jimmy Albertson's brother as well as if Hobo Nick is one. Otherwise it's just a bit boring.

Two summer's ago their outdoor coverage was great - they really seemed to care about the outdoors and the shows were funny as well (as their Producer , Joe, was really starting to learn about the sport & Hobo Nick was a regular).

Their pinnacle for me was their post MXDN show following the Italy race. Producer Joe's bits relating to the Japanese rider that landed on Anderson were classic. At the time the humor eased the tension just as we all knew that JA wasn't badly injured & was comforting after the US barely making it to nearly the final 2 laps as the winning team even w/o JA in the final moto).

Hopefully the old Main Event style show will return. If not at least perhaps the folks i listed at the top of this message will return to the show as guests hosts regularly. Daniel's great with others including when he's on the Pulp show and his sideline work with NBC / FOX has been great but he doesn't sound too interested in the Main Event show when he's solo or with the Gut's racing guy who's been a co-host it seems like when they can't really find anyone else.
1/19/2019 2:51pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
AJ Cantazaro’s is pretty good, day after sx. Show 83 main event moto is hilarious. Any pulp with dv934. So many out there I don’t have...
AJ Cantazaro’s is pretty good, day after sx. Show 83 main event moto is hilarious. Any pulp with dv934. So many out there I don’t have time for regular radio. Awesome
I forgot all about the Cat's new podcast. I didn't even know he had a podcast until just last week! He needs to advertise it a bit more on his Instagram page (I only noticed it on an Insta story, not normal post, maybe I missed it but I haven't seen regular posts promoting his show which is why I didn't know it existed initially).

It's not exactly exciting but it is great to listen to if you're really into it. Hearing his take as a rider currently participating in the races is really interesting. It's definitely only for those that are really into it though vs entertainment.

I hope it does well and continues since it's different than the typical new moto podcast.
1/19/2019 2:56pm
Main Event is good to great when Blair's brother is on or Jimmy Albertson's brother as well as if Hobo Nick is one. Otherwise it's just...
Main Event is good to great when Blair's brother is on or Jimmy Albertson's brother as well as if Hobo Nick is one. Otherwise it's just a bit boring.

Two summer's ago their outdoor coverage was great - they really seemed to care about the outdoors and the shows were funny as well (as their Producer , Joe, was really starting to learn about the sport & Hobo Nick was a regular).

Their pinnacle for me was their post MXDN show following the Italy race. Producer Joe's bits relating to the Japanese rider that landed on Anderson were classic. At the time the humor eased the tension just as we all knew that JA wasn't badly injured & was comforting after the US barely making it to nearly the final 2 laps as the winning team even w/o JA in the final moto).

Hopefully the old Main Event style show will return. If not at least perhaps the folks i listed at the top of this message will return to the show as guests hosts regularly. Daniel's great with others including when he's on the Pulp show and his sideline work with NBC / FOX has been great but he doesn't sound too interested in the Main Event show when he's solo or with the Gut's racing guy who's been a co-host it seems like when they can't really find anyone else.
Vincent Blair sounds like a complete twat. Dude is clearly so disconnected from the sport yet acts like a know it al. His insight is pointless, his jokes aren't funny, an the sound of his bro voice makes me want to punch a baby. ..BUT, that's just my 2cents.. Whistling

The Shop

1/19/2019 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2019 3:05pm
Vincent Blair sounds like a complete twat. Dude is clearly so disconnected from the sport yet acts like a know it al. His insight is pointless...
Vincent Blair sounds like a complete twat. Dude is clearly so disconnected from the sport yet acts like a know it al. His insight is pointless, his jokes aren't funny, an the sound of his bro voice makes me want to punch a baby. ..BUT, that's just my 2cents.. Whistling
I definitely believe that Vincent Blair is polarizing. If it wasn't for the fact that he was into metal and played guitar I may not have ever been able to tolerate him but for some reason I've embraced him and prefer shows that he joins as at least it's "different".

I can see how some may not even listen to the show at all if he's on though too. I think it's funny that they would do polls to see how people felt about Vincent and the results IIRC were split between very favorable or basically "can't sand him".

I have to give him credit in that he says what he wants and doesn't care if it alienates him from 1/2 of the audience (just so he's really being himself and not overdoing it, I guess he's legit & not just trying to get attention).

At least having too many podcasts is a good thing b/c the better ones will likely fade away and result in a stronger batch of podcasts overall that survive.

Really though all we had was Pulp and DMXS for years (with DMSX around 10+ years prior to PulpMX) and that was good enough then and if only those two shows remained I'd be fine with it. I know DMXS is not for most people and that's why I like it, it's entertainment, the Pulp show covers everything else in detail well enough (especially combined with the review podcasts from Matthes and co.).

Long live the better MX podcasts!
1/19/2019 3:08pm
Two MX podcasts that I couldn't listen to & faded away it seems pretty quickly:

1) some MX podcast that was an actual radio show in the New England area, they constantly praised Doug Henry (who is great but u can only take so much overt favoritism) , the reason i couldn't take it was b/c it was like a typical "sports radio" show , if you are into that feel (main stream nfl type sports shows) then i guess it was an ok show

2) Gate Drop Radio - this was the least fave show i've ever ran into https://player.fm/series/gate-drop-radio/ama-supercross-off-season-news (the guy hosting the show knew nothing about moto but at least he gave it a shot & covered Supercrosses over the 2016 season & even had Ralph S. somehow as a guest)
1/19/2019 3:13pm
1st, Race Review on Pulp is by far and away the best MX podcast ever.
2nd, glad to see MotoXpod make a few list. We really try to have more then just top rides. Some look at our guest list and don't tune in, but we learn so much from Team Managers and PR people.
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
1/19/2019 3:18pm
I love it. So much insight, discussion and topics to cover. Makes my monthly drives between Vegas and California less awful.
Patrick461
1/20/2019 9:56am
deluxeman wrote:
Can't listen when Keefer is on if anyone else is in the car. His F bombs get really old really quickly. He's like a 13 year...
Can't listen when Keefer is on if anyone else is in the car. His F bombs get really old really quickly. He's like a 13 year old that just learned the word and can't stop using it. Hey I can swear with the best of them, but it is just too much to take some days.

The podcast world will sort itself out. The weak ones will fail the good ones will succeed and grow. No different than any other business.
Patrick461 wrote:
I couldn’t agree more. I love listening to pulp mx pod cast with my youngest, an occasional bad word here and there isn’t terrible. But Keefer...
I couldn’t agree more. I love listening to pulp mx pod cast with my youngest, an occasional bad word here and there isn’t terrible. But Keefer just can’t hell himself it speaks to either his lack of respect,low character or lack of intelligence. In contrast. I think JT is one of the smartest guys out there and doesn’t speak that way. Sitting on the tail and shooting the sh?t with grown adults with no youngsters around is one thing,but when you’re media. Clean it up or don’t call in Sick of that guy. Don’t understand people’s fascination with him. Drop him pulp I’ve written emails to you before. Going to stop sending you guys money if somebody doesn’t correct this guy or drop him. Bash me all you want keefer minions but you can’t argue it’s not cool for me have to pre screen the pod cast before I drive to the track with my son and have to tell him no. He’s 10. And he already loves Pulp MX. Think about that
I’d drop in links of studies showing people who curse are more intelligent, but I know you’d brush it off. Anyway, grow a pair of balls...
I’d drop in links of studies showing people who curse are more intelligent, but I know you’d brush it off.

Anyway, grow a pair of balls. People like you write me emails about us cursing on OTB. You know what I do? Read it, say out loud “fuck you lady”, delete and carry on.

Before you call me a minion or whatever- I’ve never listened to Keefer.

Just chill out and let the men talk... Beta male. Triggered all the time. Complaining.
Beta male ? Happened to have served 6 years. I’m guessing that’s 6 more than you. If you’re so intelligent you’d have read I don’t like hearing it with my son listening to the language. asshole

Post a reply to: I’ve hit MX podcast saturation...

The Latest