I’ve hit MX podcast saturation...

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/17/2019 10:21am
Been listening to motocross podcasts and a few others for many many years, they are great.

I listen to while driving all the time, at work, cutting grass, working out etc...

I’ve just got to the point where I can’t fit them all in anymore. The market is getting more crowded, I’ve gotta prioritize and let some slip away even if they are good. Anyone else feeling the same way?
|
1/17/2019 10:25am
Ramrod wrote:
Been listening to motocross podcasts and a few others for many many years, they are great. I listen to while driving all the time, at work...
Been listening to motocross podcasts and a few others for many many years, they are great.

I listen to while driving all the time, at work, cutting grass, working out etc...

I’ve just got to the point where I can’t fit them all in anymore. The market is getting more crowded, I’ve gotta prioritize and let some slip away even if they are good. Anyone else feeling the same way?
I'll only listen to moto x pod if I'm out of other podcasts to listen to.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/17/2019 10:36am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 10:45am
Pulpmx show
RacerX review pod
Steve Matthes pods
-rider pods
-fantasy pods
-music pods
RX Exhaust Pod (the ones with Weeve)
Main Event moto pod
Keefer pods
MotoX pod
Dmxs pod (still going?)
Whiskey Throttle Show
Zach Osborne pod (coming)
VitalMX pod
etc...

The golden age of podcasts! I’m not complaining either, we are really lucky to have all this content. Just trying to function normally without having earbuds in all the time.
1/17/2019 10:42am
I listen to Steve‘s Podcasts and nothing else. Not because I think they‘re no good. I am just afraid of licking them too and spend even more time listening to that stuff..
Btw.. is there a good MXGP/Europe-podcast?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/17/2019 10:44am
I believe there is an mxgp one coming soon through MX Vice.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/17/2019 10:44am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 10:45am
Added VitalMX pod to the list before I get banned...
Talisker
1/17/2019 10:49am
Man i was thinking this exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I cant listen to them all, and to be honest some are not good. They seem to drag along. I also like to listen to a little Rogan. Select guest only. Im with you... i’ve hit my limit... Steve will always be my go to Moto News / Entertainment / Interviews
coastie44
1/17/2019 10:59am
I’ve listened to DMXS since 2001 or maybe 2002, and loved those guys. But I switched to PulpMX not long after he started and found I just liked Steve’s style a bit more. I also started listening to main event Moto from day one. As a NorCal mx’er I def needed to support DB!
slowgti
1/17/2019 11:00am
I would listen to keefers more often, but he needs some help in the audio department. The content is usually good, but my ears can only take so much.
Kris Keefer
1/17/2019 11:17am
slowgti wrote:
I would listen to keefers more often, but he needs some help in the audio department. The content is usually good, but my ears can only...
I would listen to keefers more often, but he needs some help in the audio department. The content is usually good, but my ears can only take so much.
Got some new equipment in another studio, so hopefully sound gets better from here on out. Heard it has been on low side lately. Thanks for listening despite my shortcomings.
Premixed112
1/17/2019 11:28am
With all the ass kissing and towing the line in this sport, I can only listen to the shows with real talk, rants, and hot takes. So I’m all pulp and main event moto.
BobPA
1/17/2019 11:40am
Guess I am out of the loop. I never listen to any MX podcasts. This place provides me with plenty of Moto banter and rumors.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/17/2019 11:40am
Got some new equipment in another studio, so hopefully sound gets better from here on out. Heard it has been on low side lately. Thanks for...
Got some new equipment in another studio, so hopefully sound gets better from here on out. Heard it has been on low side lately. Thanks for listening despite my shortcomings.
Keefer After Dark podcast segment is one of the most interesting and funny parts to listen to. Pre-gaming, ppm's haha!

Very honest guy and real, much appreciate your work. Whenever I hear Metallica Nothing Else Matters I get a smile...
Patrick461
1/17/2019 11:46am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 12:24pm
Pulp MX. Love JT Steve and Weedge. Even went to thier live show. But personally can’t stand to listen to Keefer all he can do is drop f bombs and make an ass out of himself wish pulp would drop him He should stick to bike tests that’s what’s he’s best at Love Exhaust with Weedge. and sometimes . Vital when they come on but sounds more like NPR covering mx personalities lol
fourfourone
1/17/2019 11:50am
pulpmx is perfect for me. I have about a 30 min ride to work. 1 episode pretty much covers my weekly commute
kNewc
1/17/2019 11:57am
BobPA wrote:
Guess I am out of the loop. I never listen to any MX podcasts. This place provides me with plenty of Moto banter and rumors.
I used to be the same until I started listening to the PulpMX show. But I also drive a lot.
early
Fantasy
2139th
1/17/2019 12:00pm
pulpmx is perfect for me. I have about a 30 min ride to work. 1 episode pretty much covers my weekly commute
Do you listen to the race reviews? Steve, JT and Weege can be hilarious on those shows.
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
1/17/2019 12:04pm
Between hockey and MX pods i feel you. I trimmed it down to:

PulpMX
Pulp Hockey
Spittin Chicklets(Hockey)
Steve Dangle Podcast(Leafs Hockey)
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/17/2019 12:07pm
bh84 wrote:
Between hockey and MX pods i feel you. I trimmed it down to:

PulpMX
Pulp Hockey
Spittin Chicklets(Hockey)
Steve Dangle Podcast(Leafs Hockey)
I also do pulp hockey pod plus Overdrive (Leafs content)

I’ve got long drives taking my kids all over to play hockey so those are great
Motoxdoc
1/17/2019 12:09pm
Ramrod wrote:
Been listening to motocross podcasts and a few others for many many years, they are great. I listen to while driving all the time, at work...

Yup....and having to triage MX podcasts for the best listening content is a good problem to have!
FiendzCC
1/17/2019 12:18pm
I need to get into some of these. I get so caught up in either political or comedy podcasts it's hard to find time to add in some moto stuff too. The few I've tried listening to just did nothing for me.
fourfourone
1/17/2019 12:23pm
early wrote:
Do you listen to the race reviews? Steve, JT and Weege can be hilarious on those shows.
haven't checked those out yet.

On a side not. What app do you android guys use?
Motoxdoc
1/17/2019 12:29pm
Patrick461 wrote:
Pulp MX. Love JT Steve and Weedge. Even went to thier live show. But personally can’t stand to listen to Keefer all he can do is...
Pulp MX. Love JT Steve and Weedge. Even went to thier live show. But personally can’t stand to listen to Keefer all he can do is drop f bombs and make an ass out of himself wish pulp would drop him He should stick to bike tests that’s what’s he’s best at Love Exhaust with Weedge. and sometimes . Vital when they come on but sounds more like NPR covering mx personalities lol
I like Keefer, and at least he makes sense. It's not easy doing a live podcast...you often have to think on your toes and come up with content on the fly so-to-speak. How long did you have to review, look at, and think about your complaining post?....and THIS is what you came up with?

"wish pulp would drop him Exhaust with Weedge and sometimes . Vital when they come on but sounds more like NPR covering mx personalities" Huh Say what? In your defense, at least you're not trying to do a live podcast; so there's THAT!
early
Fantasy
2139th
1/17/2019 12:32pm
haven't checked those out yet.

On a side not. What app do you android guys use?
Stitcher. A little while back it went thru a version that sucked but now it's better.
slowgti
1/17/2019 12:46pm
Got some new equipment in another studio, so hopefully sound gets better from here on out. Heard it has been on low side lately. Thanks for...
It's a learning process, I'm happy to hear you are investing in improving your product. Good on ya Keefer!
kaptkaos
1/17/2019 12:56pm
its hard to keep up with all my Podcasts, moto and non-moto. I cant workout enough hours to keep up, so sometimes I have to go out to the garage and start cleaning the Harley or one of the other toys. Worst case I will stack them up for a long drive. A few of my old favs drop in priority around SX/MX time.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/17/2019 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 12:59pm
For the past year ive been listening to them all but there are some i cant even get through so wont try to anymore.
Pulp is best
Keefer is great
Jt has a lot of insight.
DMXS guys seem like jerks
Main event is hit or miss, a few episodes i found really interesting but most not so much.
A couple other podcasts are just boring and seem like 100% just recycled info like they just listened to pulp
gt80rider
1/17/2019 1:03pm
No doubt, nobody has the time to remotely listen to all these podcasts, but it is a great way for those website to rake in a bit of extra ad revenue.
1/17/2019 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 12:04pm
Same situation as the OP, and it's awesome! I listen to these podcasts pretty much every day during my commute to and from work, whenever I'm in the garage, and pretty much every night when I lay down for bed, I've got ear buds in.

I weeded out Darkside's MotoXPod (nothing personal, he does a decent job but I'm just not interested in his guests usually) and as much as I hate to say it, DB's Main Event Moto is last in line now. Main Event Moto is still ok I suppose, as DB does have great insight (was much better in it's early days, IMO), but a little on the immature side at times, and is absolutely unlistenable when DB's dipshit brother Vincent is on

- Anything from PulpMX, I make time for (PulpMX Show every week, I refresh like crazy waiting for race review podcasts, Pulp Fantasy, Privateer Island, Fly Moto:60 show, and the interview ones with old riders and mechanics - good lord some of those are amazing! I've probably listened to the Dave Arnold and Brian Lunnis ones a combined 1,000 times.. I've seriously scrapped the Pulp Classics archives dry)

- Whiskey Throttle with Ping and GL is ON POINT. Listened to the Bones one last night. Absolutely awesome stuff. Can't wait for the Jeffro one coming up

- DMXS radio whenever they care to put one out

EDIT: Vital's pods have been great too! Kudos to Gibby... he's become very comfortable as an interviewer.. Also Weege's Exhaust pod... though I was digging them more when it was more educational from a historical perspective, like the history of the Nationals, how we got to where we are with the FIM/WADA, etc
ob
1/17/2019 1:42pm
The pre shows before A1 (whiskey throttle, and pulp) when they did the live shows were really good, but god damn that pulp pre race show with Steve, Weege, Keefer, JT, when Villo came on was so funny. Great show,. I love Keefers tech shit, he's the only one of them that knows what he is talking about when it comes to that stuff. I make time for all that stuff.
I really like Ping and GL but they need to loosen up a little, I'm in it for the moto comedy I already know Decoster and RJ are bad ass, but I still can't help but listen and appreciate them doing it.

Post a reply to: I’ve hit MX podcast saturation...

The Latest