I used to think gl was good

DGE.532
9/12/2021 1:39pm
JustMX wrote:
Ya friggin' bunch of cry baby sissies! A bunch of us still remember having to mark the expected air date of the Carlsbad usgp and planning...
Ya friggin' bunch of cry baby sissies!

A bunch of us still remember having to mark the expected air date of the Carlsbad usgp and planning weddings, vacations, and I bet funerals around it so we could watch. Then we would sit and watch a bunch of non moto announcers like sam posey yammer on about stupid shit, but we would have shushed our grandma if she tried to talk while it was going on, and would have dumped a hot nympho gf if she tried to get us to do something else while it was on.

Gl was great.

Gl isnt doing it anymore.

Racing continues,

It is live, in hd

STFU and appreciate it.
Thank you
TXDirt
9/12/2021 7:25pm
GL was awesome! Fro is a bore. He really started mailing it in when he was doing SX. Glad they got rid of him. Sucks he’s doing moto now. Sorry not sorry.

The Shop

Sully
9/12/2021 9:57pm
Fro seems to have to put more thought into what he's saying. Whether that's because of the stutter or his personality, I have no idea. GL (like Weege) has the gift of gab, so his commentary came off a lot more conversational, and less forced. That said, I think Fro did a pretty good job the last 3 races for only having a couple of days notice before Ironman.
moto111
Fantasy
1438th
9/12/2021 11:45pm
GL is also clued up on American moto, he seems to have a good memory and a lot of knowledge about older riders and races. Corrected Weege more than a few times.
Richy
9/13/2021 4:40am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2021 5:04am
Love Fro in general, dude is awesome and I am a massive fan boy... even now as a middle aged man haha. I also liked Grant Langston and whatever happened happened.

I think he's doing a good job as always, and I think he's trying to walk the line between catering to Moto guys and the general public which is important for keeping or making the sport inviting for regular folks and sponsor purposes, which has gotta be tough.

There does seem to be a little disconnect between him and Weege right now, leads to a bit of repetition and a slightly awkward chemistry, but they're finding their feet after years of Weege/GL. I agree the fairly constant "Okay?" "Right?" "If you will..." could do with calming down a little too, but I'm sure it's a tough gig and he's just trying to keep people engaged.

It'll be all good, give it some time Smile
Sc2
9/13/2021 9:25am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2021 12:20pm
Uuumm, I have a question which I have been wondering for years

Can anyone tell me the difference in the colouratuon of wet and dry dirt 🤔😂

Enough said
Mucktub
9/13/2021 10:27am
It's true, some of you guys can't help but moan, but lets face it, it doesn't matter who is in the booth, because they won't be nowhere near Malin. Fro couldn't beat him when he was on the 125, and he can't beat him in the booth.

GL has a similar style to Malin with the humor and insight.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
9/13/2021 12:09pm
davis224 wrote:
Emig did sound pretty squirrely today, if you will. Sounded like he had too much coffee, if you will.
OK, so Emig did sound pretty squirly today, if you will. OK. Sounded like he had too much coffee, if you will.
I like Emig. But this week he replaced his "right?" at the end of every sentence with "OK" at the beginning of every sentence.
SCC
9/13/2021 1:59pm
Both of them must be paid by the word. Shut the fuck up and let people enjoy the actual racing unless you have information that those watching cant see. Oh wait your watching on a screen not actually watching anything more than those of us at home lol. Get rid of announcers and pipe in the live announcing instead. At least they are actually watching the race.
crashnuke
9/13/2021 3:03pm
I'm conflicted with this one. GL is great at color commentating races, he has great insight. Emig need to smooth out his Fresno. Unfortunately, GL was awful on Whiskey Throttle, he took over every episode and talked about himself. Bring back David Bailey!!!!
str8line
9/13/2021 9:28pm
Fro did sound amped up on coffee or Red Bull. His commentary was good at times but there was too much of it and the dumbing things down didn't work. Luckily that's not normal Fro.
500 Mike
9/13/2021 9:53pm
sandman768 wrote:
Little Professor please….
Agree 100% but he is way too calm and analytical for whomever runs the announcing show. Loved the job he did with Art E.
9/13/2021 11:45pm
I have nothing against Jeff, and I don't think he's a bad commentator by any means (and as has been said he did step in at short notice) - plenty of times he has nailed it just fine. I do think that he was a touch off this time though in that he kept overemphasizing certain things too much and generally took an age to move on.

Bailey was imo the best commentator the sport has seen (particularly in combination with Art) and Malin is the best currently. I didn't like Grant at first but he grew on me over time. Generally these guys are short, snappy and immediately to the point, with (when possible) technical aspects the ordinary rider might not know (or need to be reminded of) thrown in.
JB 19
9/14/2021 3:30am
Just let Weege run it solo. He would have no problem. I think Jeff may have been trying too hard. I don't remember him going on the long rambling dissertations in Supercross.
Rawly
9/15/2021 11:05am
They need to work on watching the monitor while they are talking. Wonder how big the screen is that they’re looking at ? How could they have missed it when Jett almost crashed into the fallen rider at Hangtown ? Jeff would ask if they had a camera that saw what happened when we just saw it in our screens ?? Let’s see who we get next year. Live broadcast is a tough job , that’s for sure.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
9/15/2021 11:14am
Rawly wrote:
They need to work on watching the monitor while they are talking. Wonder how big the screen is that they’re looking at ? How could they...
They need to work on watching the monitor while they are talking. Wonder how big the screen is that they’re looking at ? How could they have missed it when Jett almost crashed into the fallen rider at Hangtown ? Jeff would ask if they had a camera that saw what happened when we just saw it in our screens ?? Let’s see who we get next year. Live broadcast is a tough job , that’s for sure.
That's what I always wonder. I'm usually watching on a 75" TV, and sometimes have a hard time figuring out who gets the holeshot, but Weege is always on it instantly.
JustMX
9/15/2021 2:25pm
Rawly wrote:
They need to work on watching the monitor while they are talking. Wonder how big the screen is that they’re looking at ? How could they...
RichieW13 wrote:
That's what I always wonder. I'm usually watching on a 75" TV, and sometimes have a hard time figuring out who gets the holeshot, but Weege...
That's what I always wonder. I'm usually watching on a 75" TV, and sometimes have a hard time figuring out who gets the holeshot, but Weege is always on it instantly.
I would bet weege has a monitor showing transponder timing live that has a sensor near the holes hot line and would post who crossed it first
kawasa84
9/17/2021 3:48am
I'll admit Fro was too talkative for Hangtown. I believe some of it was caused by Jett's misfortunes in the first moto, and Cooper dominating that moto, which in turn was creating a point situation that wasn't expected coming into the last round. Most felt Jett just needed to mail in both moto's with a 3rd to 5th spot which he was more than capable of doing. So partly, Fro got carried away with that.
Also, Fro didn't exactly finish high school in Kansas. It's no secret he has some slight speech issues that I think he had honed out decently while doing SX for years. I certainly know if this was to become a permanent gig for him he would work on the "right?" and "ok?" again.
For the most part, he was a good fill in, and I wouldn't have a problem with him doing the nationals in the future.

Post a reply to: I used to think gl was good

The Latest