I used to think gl was good

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2021 5:50 AM

Now i know he was great. Man fro wont stop talking and is on repeat. You could see stuff coming and he starts into these long winded books and walks over the racing. Miss ya grant.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

9/12/2021 6:05 AM

GL was great. From what he was saying, to his South African accent.

|

9/12/2021 6:08 AM

I almost turned the sound off while watching the race because of Emig’s blabber mouth.

|

9/12/2021 6:10 AM

I respect GL for what he stood for more than anything.

|

9/12/2021 6:11 AM

“If you will.”

|

9/12/2021 6:22 AM

I didn't mind it at all. Fro gets excited about racing and it comes through in his style. Plus, it's a difficult job and he literally came off the couch to do it just a couple weeks ago. I believe he handled it really well.

|

9/12/2021 6:24 AM

I liked the banter during the 250 motos, especially that last lap of the 1st one. They were yelling and getting hyper like 2 buddies hanging out in the garage watching the motos.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/12/2021 6:27 AM

smoothies862 wrote:

Now i know he was great. Man fro wont stop talking and is on repeat. You could see stuff coming and he starts into these long ...more

At some point hopefully some of you will learn to enjoy the racing. If the commentary bothers you that much, put it on mute.

|

9/12/2021 6:41 AM

I still prefere GL over fro and get what you're saying

Now, this will receive a ton of thumb downs, but someone has to say it, Fro sounds to amaerican to me (which of course he is) and just don't sound rite, where GL just sounded so much smoother

For the record I quite liked emig when he poped into commentate at mxgp

|

9/12/2021 6:43 AM

Emig was probably told by the producers to study and emulate GL. They should have made it clear not to study and emulate GL on the Whiskey Throttle show!

|

9/12/2021 7:03 AM

Emig did sound pretty squirrely today, if you will. Sounded like he had too much coffee, if you will.

|

9/12/2021 7:16 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Emig was probably told by the producers to study and emulate GL. They should have made it clear not to study and emulate GL on ...more

That may explain it then

|

9/12/2021 7:17 AM

I swear some of you would bitch if you got a 50% off coupon for a free happy ending.

|

9/12/2021 7:20 AM

davis224 wrote:

Emig did sound pretty squirrely today, if you will. Sounded like he had too much coffee, if you will.

OK, so Emig did sound pretty squirly today, if you will. OK. Sounded like he had too much coffee, if you will.

|

9/12/2021 7:26 AM

I’ve yet to watch yesterday’s motos. Was he worse than at Fox from last week? I liked him a lot at Fox. Friday night the supercross YouTube channel was playing old races from 2018 and emig was such a spaz. His last couple weeks in outdoors seemed really calm and I think brought a better attitude to the program compared to Weege’s hype style. I hope nobody put a bug in his ear.

|

9/12/2021 8:04 AM

And here I am wanting GL, Fro and Ping as announcers.

|

9/12/2021 8:09 AM

cloud41 wrote:

“If you will.”

Who the hell kept sayin "if you will?"
I don't normally get annoyed easy..but this morning, If you will, it started getting to me...

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

9/12/2021 8:37 AM

IMO - Fro is better then RC but not as good as GL was - GL was funny which is always good

|

9/12/2021 8:39 AM

We learned we dont like fro from sx…

|

9/12/2021 8:44 AM

Ya friggin' bunch of cry baby sissies!

A bunch of us still remember having to mark the expected air date of the Carlsbad usgp and planning weddings, vacations, and I bet funerals around it so we could watch. Then we would sit and watch a bunch of non moto announcers like sam posey yammer on about stupid shit, but we would have shushed our grandma if she tried to talk while it was going on, and would have dumped a hot nympho gf if she tried to get us to do something else while it was on.

Gl was great.

Gl isnt doing it anymore.

Racing continues,

It is live, in hd

STFU and appreciate it.

|

9/12/2021 8:56 AM

Sc2 wrote:

I still prefere GL over fro and get what you're saying

Now, this will receive a ton of thumb downs, but someone has to say ...more

“ Fro sounds to amaerican to me”

Purposely misspelled or ?
* too American

This is American MX, not sure we need all the broadcasters to have an accent from another country.
Reynard wife has no accent and has done a much better job commenting with a great knowledge of the sport.

I’m a big GL fan and liked the way he came across, I’d like to have him back in that spot. But it seems like Emig will fill the shoes and hopefully he can settle in and do a good job.

|

9/12/2021 9:07 AM

I really like Emig and Weege, but there were definitely a few times yesterday I was thinking....less is more.

|

9/12/2021 9:10 AM

Not this shit again. FFS.

|

9/12/2021 9:43 AM

Grant's cure-all race gas. Missing him in the box but I'm good with who ever replaces him....if you will.

Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

9/12/2021 10:29 AM

Okay ?

Okay ?

Okay ?

Okay ?

Somewhere around the 27th ok it starts sounding condescending. The okays do get old fast, okay....laughing

I liked GL better but oh well they're both better than I'd be. I'm sure it's not as easy as it seems okay

|

9/12/2021 10:37 AM

Anyone else Max Anstie would be a good fit once he hangs up the boots? Seems to have a great personality and loads of experience, also the accent doesn’t hurt.

|

9/12/2021 10:37 AM

Anyone else think Max Anstie would be a good fit once he hangs up the boots? Seems to have a great personality and loads of experience, also the accent doesn’t hurt.

|

9/12/2021 12:10 PM

There is very little “chemistry” there if you will 🤣 and it seems like Weege is trying his best to work with the random shit Fro keeps going on about to create a more coherent broadcast because Emig can turn a 5 word bulletpoint into a 2min Segway into all corners of the known universe. Can’t be easy for Fro with such little prep but we’re a long way from the smooth interplay between GL and Weege. Hopefully they do a few practice runs in the off-season and Fro gets a better understanding of what he needs to bring to the broadcast vs Weege.

|

Roczen slander bloodhound...

9/12/2021 12:17 PM

All I can say is that Emig wouldn't last more than one event for a mainstream sport.

|

9/12/2021 1:01 PM

"All I can say is that Emig wouldn't last more than one event for a mainstream sport."

but Ralph would, and does. christ.

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC