Masonry
4/24/2010 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:25pm
|
toroP
4/24/2010 4:08pm
The word was, a 2 year deal for Reed,
pamoto
4/24/2010 4:15pm
And how about Stewart at San Manuel for 2011. Another year of no outdoors or only a couple. Why not make it, you don't race outdoors, no MXoN.

mxr102
4/24/2010 4:16pm
pamoto wrote:
And how about Stewart at San Manuel for 2011. Another year of no outdoors or only a couple. Why not make it, you don't race outdoors...
And how about Stewart at San Manuel for 2011. Another year of no outdoors or only a couple. Why not make it, you don't race outdoors, no MXoN.

x2
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
4/24/2010 4:44pm
That's strange, the word was that Reed's deal was 2 years. Maybe it was 1 year with an option for 2 instead of 2 with an option for 3.

The Shop

pamoto
4/24/2010 4:52pm
In the latest interview Reed sounded like he was ready to retire after this year saying I might stay home this weekend, I'm not interested in Supercross, I didn't want to miss my flight so I rode conservative. Did he intentionally not podium so he didn't have to stay? I know baby on the way but he's under contract to perform. If I was his employer I wouldn't have been happy with the way he was talking.

RACEGUY
4/24/2010 4:53pm
I think year two is part of the original deal but it is Reed's option. In other words, there are already terms and conditions in place if CR decided to opt in.
Crush
4/24/2010 4:56pm
His first child is on the way and he is racing in a series he has no stake in, Kawi would prefer him to be ready to defend his outdoor title...
Zycki11
4/24/2010 5:04pm
pamoto wrote:
In the latest interview Reed sounded like he was ready to retire after this year saying I might stay home this weekend, I'm not interested in...
In the latest interview Reed sounded like he was ready to retire after this year saying I might stay home this weekend, I'm not interested in Supercross, I didn't want to miss my flight so I rode conservative. Did he intentionally not podium so he didn't have to stay? I know baby on the way but he's under contract to perform. If I was his employer I wouldn't have been happy with the way he was talking.

Wrong, he stated not wanting to be at supercross and be there for the kid. He also stated outdoors is his main priority "one of the best outdoor bikes I have ever had".
pamoto
4/24/2010 5:11pm
I understand about the birth of his first child but if your heart isn't in racing don't say I don't give a shit, keep that to yourself, that's all I'm saying.

burnside
4/24/2010 5:14pm
pamoto wrote:
In the latest interview Reed sounded like he was ready to retire after this year saying I might stay home this weekend, I'm not interested in...

I'm a big Reed fan and I agree, Kawi surely can't be stoked. He did sound very flippant about the whole deal. I mean, its one thing getting injured, but to say your 'over super cross' on your second race back doesn't seem like a good return on their investment, especially when there are so many hungry riders out there.
Zycki11
4/24/2010 5:26pm
The return of investment went out the window when he got hurt. His return of there investment is concentrating on outdoors.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
4/24/2010 5:28pm
pamoto wrote:
I understand about the birth of his first child but if your heart isn't in racing don't say I don't give a shit, keep that to...
I understand about the birth of his first child but if your heart isn't in racing don't say I don't give a shit, keep that to yourself, that's all I'm saying.

So people can bash the shit out of him and his bike? Saying that he can't ride and the Kawasaki sucks? That's what people would say if he didn't explain his poor performance.
burnside
4/24/2010 5:32pm
Zycki11 wrote:
The return of investment went out the window when he got hurt. His return of there investment is concentrating on outdoors.
True, and he did make it clear that was his priority. Like I said I'm a big Reed fan and applaud his honesty, but depending on Kawi's orders, you could see how they (Kawi) could potentially be bummed at that interview. Fingers crossed he wins tonight and kicks ass in the Nationals!
Zycki11
4/24/2010 5:35pm
I would like to see him do work outdoors. I wish rv wasn't hurt.
pamoto
4/24/2010 5:37pm
I don't think it's better to say I'm not riding better because I don't give a shit right now. Do football players, baseball players, professional track and field stars and all other sports professionals get to slack off because of the birth of a child. Their paid big bucks and are expected to show up come game time. I don't mean to sound callous. There is nothing like the birth of your child. But everyone earning a paycheck, not just professional athletes, must do what their paid to do. I've said enough.

Best of luck to Chad and his wife on the birth of their child. God bless.

tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
4/24/2010 5:49pm
pamoto wrote:

You totally took what he said wrong and put it in your own words.

He said the track was dangerous, he is not in the sx title hunt so he has nothing to gain and all to lose (outdoors) and because of the above two reasons he didn't want to push it and get hurt before the outdoors plus when you get hurt you end up in the hospital (ask it9 and rv2) which would make him miss his flight home and thus the potential birth of his child.

I hope this helps you read between the lines better!! Next time you might want to read something a couple more times before blasting one of the all time greats of SX!
pamoto
4/24/2010 6:01pm
You might want to read my last post again. That and how about him saying he might stay home this weekend. Do you think Kawi. was happy to hear that. There was a lot of negative, I don't care attitude, in that interview. Maybe you should listen again.

FlaNard
4/24/2010 6:03pm
Both Reed and James have one foot out the door right now. If you cant see that you havent been paying attention.
Zycki11
4/24/2010 6:03pm
I agree to an extent. With this child on the, it will take away desire to be at the track. I feel the part being overlooked is his injury. A mental investment is hard to come by when you are out of the title hunt, have a son on the way, and just want to defend your outdoor title.
Zycki11
4/24/2010 6:07pm
As far as James and Chad with one foot out the door. Not even close, you are not used watching a season with both of them missing. Where you get the foot out the door thought is beyond me.
TeamGreen
4/24/2010 6:13pm
Like I've said...

I'm glad I'm not the guy at Monster that wrote the check.
Ozy
4/24/2010 6:24pm
pamoto wrote:

tcannon521 wrote:
You totally took what he said wrong and put it in your own words. He said the track was dangerous, he is not in the sx...
You totally took what he said wrong and put it in your own words.

He said the track was dangerous, he is not in the sx title hunt so he has nothing to gain and all to lose (outdoors) and because of the above two reasons he didn't want to push it and get hurt before the outdoors plus when you get hurt you end up in the hospital (ask it9 and rv2) which would make him miss his flight home and thus the potential birth of his child.

I hope this helps you read between the lines better!! Next time you might want to read something a couple more times before blasting one of the all time greats of SX!
Tcannon, listening to the podcast interview I heard pretty much what you typed in this response. Dangerous track and he didn't want to end up in the hospital instead of the bus to the airport to fly home to his very pregnant wife. I heard his say staying healthy for the outdoor series is a top priority right now
Sully
4/24/2010 6:41pm
pamoto wrote:
I don't think it's better to say I'm not riding better because I don't give a shit right now. Do football players, baseball players, professional track...
I don't think it's better to say I'm not riding better because I don't give a shit right now. Do football players, baseball players, professional track and field stars and all other sports professionals get to slack off because of the birth of a child. Their paid big bucks and are expected to show up come game time. I don't mean to sound callous. There is nothing like the birth of your child. But everyone earning a paycheck, not just professional athletes, must do what their paid to do. I've said enough.

Best of luck to Chad and his wife on the birth of their child. God bless.

There's three rounds left in a series he has no stake in and his wife's about to have a baby. Why should he lay it all on the line with nothing to benefit and a whole lot to lose? He was hired to win championships. He can't do that at this point in supercross, so why shouldn't he put all of his concentration into his family and testing for the outdoors?
4/24/2010 6:43pm
pamoto wrote:
You might want to read my last post again. That and how about him saying he might stay home this weekend. Do you think Kawi. was...
You might want to read my last post again. That and how about him saying he might stay home this weekend. Do you think Kawi. was happy to hear that. There was a lot of negative, I don't care attitude, in that interview. Maybe you should listen again.

I got a lot of what you did out of that interview too. I wonder if Kawi put some pressure on him to be at Seattle this week.
4/24/2010 7:00pm
kevin204 wrote:
That's strange, the word was that Reed's deal was 2 years. Maybe it was 1 year with an option for 2 instead of 2 with an...
That's strange, the word was that Reed's deal was 2 years. Maybe it was 1 year with an option for 2 instead of 2 with an option for 3.
I wanna see him finish out his career on a KTM after the Kawasaki contract is up if this is the case of a one year with an option. they may pay him big money to get a nice name on one of them bikes state side.

Reed 2011 KTM
4/24/2010 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:22pm
Masonry wrote:
Shenzi wrote:
it's a 1 year-deal with option for a second one.
I think Reed and Davi on a private team would make sense, similar to L&M's set up this year. Reed the main guy, Davi in Hill's position, incentive heavy contract...keeping Davi on red would be cool, just not with the pressure....I think he would excel.

STICKMAN
4/24/2010 7:17pm
SX has been the main focus in Chads mind since coming to the states.....
Look back and see for yourself at the emotional investment he has giving to the sport nearly all his life.
All the shit he has copped for doing nothing but trying to win the supercross title, he has dedicated his life to it, any body with a knowledge of this sport can see that.

Those title hopes went out the window when he got injured, so that level of commitment went with it this year too.

Shift of focus......family for now, then the Outdoors.

Kawi and Monster regretting their decision...... all speculation.Silly

bigcat
4/24/2010 7:59pm
Masonry wrote:
Shenzi wrote:
it's a 1 year-deal with option for a second one.
According to Chad, it's a two yr deal with an option for a third.
http://www.mxlarge.com/interview/3111-chad-reed-a-monster-of-a-job[/url]

Q: How much longer are you going to go in the sport?

A: This is a two-year deal and we’ll kind of reevaluate when we get to the end of that. For some reason, when I was a kid I always said, “When I’m 30, I’m done!” I’m 27 and 30 is not far away. But I feel better and stronger at 27 then I’ve ever felt. I wouldn’t change that for the life of me. I think from 20 to 25 were some of my worst years. I didn’t really feel that great. I’m looking forward to the New Year. I’ll be 28 next year and I’ll take it year by year.
4/24/2010 8:29pm
pamoto wrote:

I thought the same thing - kawi and others paying him probably weren't happy to hear that he was sandbagging to get home early.

Post a reply to: I thought that Reed signed a two year deal with an option for 3

The Latest