The VMS truck, no big deal just odd.

|
9/29/2010 9:23pm
Could they be one team next year????
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/29/2010 11:24pm
Yeah, most likely just hitching a ride to the Akropovich booth.

The Shop

LB
9/29/2010 11:35pm
That does look funny. Odd is more like it. It was nice that the Valli guys were nice enough to take the display bike for the Akropovich booth at the MXoN. Who would know that a display bike with a #1 on it would cause such $#!t storm ;-)
It would have been better if we had taken our whole rig, the race bikes, L&M race staff and everyones favorite rider James Stewart. But oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.
9/30/2010 12:12am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2010 12:23am
Seriously strip the freakin #1s off James Bikes. LB this crap is getting stupid. I don't care who's freakin display bike it is, it's time to throw the #7 back on it, tacky, just tacky........ Have some class, have some respect for the new champ. Everytime people see these bikes with the #1 they lose respect for San Manuel, L&M, LB, JS7, Yamaha, RacerX (for running the photo's)and in this case Akropovich. Seriosly I have 5 motorcycle dealerships and 3 lettering shops within 15 min of me I could go get some #7's in no time, so don't use that tired ass excuse, we don't have any. Are you telling me you can't do the same???????????? The #1 plate is EARNED, and right now DUNGEY owns it. Have some respect, and go win it back, then put it on.
9/30/2010 12:28am
Here's a little wisdom for ya LB.

"If you guys keep holding on to that #1 plate in this way, you'll never get it back"
some inferior person that really knows nothing
mrquick
9/30/2010 12:59am
I agree with couchdriver...earn em then display em. Dungey owns them now.
LB
9/30/2010 2:15am
Seriously strip the freakin #1s off James Bikes. LB this crap is getting stupid. I don't care who's freakin display bike it is, it's time to...
Seriously strip the freakin #1s off James Bikes. LB this crap is getting stupid. I don't care who's freakin display bike it is, it's time to throw the #7 back on it, tacky, just tacky........ Have some class, have some respect for the new champ. Everytime people see these bikes with the #1 they lose respect for San Manuel, L&M, LB, JS7, Yamaha, RacerX (for running the photo's)and in this case Akropovich. Seriosly I have 5 motorcycle dealerships and 3 lettering shops within 15 min of me I could go get some #7's in no time, so don't use that tired ass excuse, we don't have any. Are you telling me you can't do the same???????????? The #1 plate is EARNED, and right now DUNGEY owns it. Have some respect, and go win it back, then put it on.
Ok, I'm bitting my lip while I write this because I don't want to go off right now and I won"t. I'm going to answer this one more time (because I have trying a few times already) and then I'm going leave it alone. Please try to understand this.
First off it's 2010 and James Stewart / L&M won the 2009 Supercross Champion and allowed to wear the number 1 on his motorcycle for the whole 2010 season. I understand that you think, "the Supercross series is over" and your correct. But James doesn't use the #1 in competition anymore this year and I'm sure you know this if you saw any photo's or the television coverage from Unadilla. We get it!
But you're referring to the RacerX photo-shoot, all of his motorcycle were fitted with those graphics on them and when RacerX went to his house and shot those photo's it was right at the end of the Supercross series. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. All James had were' those Supercross practice bikes to ride. Remember he rides Supercross only, so he didn't have an outdoor bike at that time. This was one of the first days that he had got back on a motorcycle and actually only rode twice and stopped riding again to let the wrist heal some more. If he did have an outdoor bike there, it would have had #7 on it. Because that is his number outdoors.
In the case of the display bike at the MXoN, that motorcycle belongs to Akropovich and their a sponsor of the team. SO when James won the Supercross Championship, they won the Supercross Championship and they display that motorcycle as a Supercross Championship winner and the bike that carried the #1 plate in Supercross in 2010. Just like if they ran an add in a magazine every month of 2010, showing the motorcycle in race trim and saying they were the exhaust sponsor of the 2010 Supercross Champion. This has absolutely nothing to do with James Stewart or Team L&M. It's a proud sponsor that wants to display their achievements. There is nothing tacky of a sponsor displaying their achievements.
There was no disrespect meant towards the new Supercross Champion and if you think there was shame on you. How would that benefit James or the Team? Your right, it wouldn't.
Now you said, "If you guys keep holding on to that #1 plate in this way, you'll never get it back". Please don't say were trying to hold on to something, when you didn't know the circumstances. Were far from trying to hold on to something. You don't hold on to a #1 plate by literally holding on to it. We understand that you hold on to a #1 plate winning the Championship again and James and the Team are more than willing to give it our best to earn that Championship back. So we'll be at Anaheim 1, 2011 with #7 on the machine and then we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to sit here and talk crap on who's the fastest and who's going to win, because I believe when the Championship is over the Champion will be holding to plate. I have my favorite, but I'll keep that to myself and going racing with him for 17 weekends in a row to see how we fare.
Now please give this whole number plate thing a rest. I hope I was able to shed some light on the subject and help you understand. But if not? Well, I'm sorry. Just take it for what it's worth and believe me, there was nothing malicious here.

Rotax
9/30/2010 2:50am
Seriously strip the freakin #1s off James Bikes. LB this crap is getting stupid. I don't care who's freakin display bike it is, it's time to...
you can't be serious. your wrong, get over it.
DPW
9/30/2010 5:49am
was the bike out the entire day or was it parked in the semi after the first moto?
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
9/30/2010 5:56am
LB wrote:
That does look funny. Odd is more like it. It was nice that the Valli guys were nice enough to take the display bike for the...
That does look funny. Odd is more like it. It was nice that the Valli guys were nice enough to take the display bike for the Akropovich booth at the MXoN. Who would know that a display bike with a #1 on it would cause such $#!t storm ;-)
It would have been better if we had taken our whole rig, the race bikes, L&M race staff and everyones favorite rider James Stewart. But oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.
With all due respect, he was everyones favorite until you got a hold of him, that is the way it goes.
newmann
9/30/2010 6:04am
What I think is weird is seeing the San Manuaha Yamaha in the MXoN program. Who are they?Smile
Mxfreak_24
9/30/2010 6:22am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2010 6:29am
I agree. If nothing else, he could just run blank plates until he got some #7's.

And to what Larry said "First off it's 2010 and James Stewart / L&M won the 2009 Supercross Champion and allowed to wear the number 1 on his motorcycle for the whole 2010 season"; yes James did win the 2009 SX Title, so therefore it's acceptable to have the #1 on those bikes at the 2010 SX events, and SX only because he didn't win the MX title. Here's the thing though, Chad won the 2009 MX Championship and EARNED that #1 plate. So by James running that #1 plate on the bike, it's basicly saying even though Chad won the title I'm still going to keep the #1 because I think I'm the best. As soon as Dungey won the titles though, James for SX and Chad for MX should have taken off the #1 plates.
grover738
9/30/2010 6:24am
Thanks for the response, LB, I appreciate that you post on here.

I think that running the #1 on a bike is a bigger deal to fans than you may think. I stopped by and checked out the bike a few times, and every time I stopped by I heard a comment about the #1 plate, and none of the comments were kind to James. Something to keep in mind, whether it is Akropovich or L&M or San Manuel or any other of James's sponsors who are displaying the bike.
9/30/2010 6:42am
Were the spokes stock?

you people need to get a life. Stop being so anal!

It is going to be awesome when James comes back and you all start hugging his nuts again!
ATKpilot99
9/30/2010 6:46am
The #1 plate doesn't even seem to be as important as it once was . Didn't they just make a rule that if you win the title you have to run it ? How often did RC run it ? I remember him running the #1 in his last race on a Honda , other that that he opted for the #4 . I can't believe people are making such a big issue over this .
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/30/2010 6:50am
Finally! An interesting thread.

The number 1 plate is a casualty of permanent numbers. Thank goodness they made a rule where you have to run it - or else it wouldn't mean anything at all.
moto138
9/30/2010 6:51am
Here is my question..Why are you people so hurt and upset by what the L&M team does? You people act like they have done something personal to you. Did they cause you to lose money on a bet ? Did they forget to make your house payment for you last month? What they do,or don't do ain't none of your business. Until you start paying their bills and signing their paychecks you have no right to question anything they do. If you don't like what they do,then stop following every little move they make. You don't walk in their shoes,nor do you have a clue as to what they go through everyday to try and bring you good entertainment. Make no mistake, this is all about entertaining you,if you feel you ain't getting good service,then go somewhere else to find your enjoyment. Nobody is forcing you to be involved in this sport,you are doing it of your own free will and choice.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/30/2010 7:16am
moto138 wrote:
Here is my question..Why are you people so hurt and upset by what the L&M team does? You people act like they have done something personal...
Here is my question..Why are you people so hurt and upset by what the L&M team does? You people act like they have done something personal to you. Did they cause you to lose money on a bet ? Did they forget to make your house payment for you last month? What they do,or don't do ain't none of your business. Until you start paying their bills and signing their paychecks you have no right to question anything they do. If you don't like what they do,then stop following every little move they make. You don't walk in their shoes,nor do you have a clue as to what they go through everyday to try and bring you good entertainment. Make no mistake, this is all about entertaining you,if you feel you ain't getting good service,then go somewhere else to find your enjoyment. Nobody is forcing you to be involved in this sport,you are doing it of your own free will and choice.
The sport needs villains as well as heros to create passion. Without both, nobody is talking about the sport and apathy and boredom set in. For various reasons which don't need to be re-hashed, L&M and anyone associated with L&M have become the villains and people seem to enjoy to cheer against them. Whether people cheer for them or cheer against them, people are cheering which is good for the sport. Why are you so hurt and upset that others are hurt and upset?
500guy
9/30/2010 7:17am
LB wrote:
That does look funny. Odd is more like it. It was nice that the Valli guys were nice enough to take the display bike for the...
Thanks for the reply, I just thought it was a different picture to post,

Not sure why all the angst from people no matter the subject but I'm sure you have more supporters than non supports.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
9/30/2010 7:25am
I think Mitch should peel off all the number ones off the bikes in the Pro Circuit showroom. They are only supposed to have them on there for the year following their championship win.
MDMCG
9/30/2010 7:26am
lol. I like this thread. It's full of colorful and educated remarks.
agency399
9/30/2010 7:43am
Calm down dude..........its dirtbike racing

First we bitch because a rider won't run #1, then we bitch because they run it to much......

Kind of ironic, don't ya think?

adamdf
9/30/2010 7:43am
I think this whole number 1 plate problem is people just being drama queens...if you had millions invested to win a championship, and you won it, and had the right to display that bike with the number 1 to get some of your marketing dollars back, especially since they couldn't display it at all in action due to injury in 2010, most of us would do that same, its a freakin business!

And to be honest, i think the main reason why people are acting up on this whole thing, is because there has been some anger or hate towards James/L&M for not doing the outdoors and combined with being portrayed as a rockstar on his reality show...lets face it, people loose faith easily in this sport, and a lot of people have given up on him and are dissapointed/angry at what they percieve James has become (even if the perception is wrong) ...

Had any other rider, KDub, RC, RV won the championship in 2009, then got injured but yet had an outdoor deal (key point) and couldn't ride due to injury, they would not have gotten this heat for displaying the number 1 plate....But James is getting it, because so many people are hating on him for other reasons(see above) and this is just another thing to fuel the fire....

Just my thoughts....
jasonv43
9/30/2010 8:17am
Good post LB.

How is Hilly and will he be on the team next year? What number will he run?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/30/2010 8:51am
adamdf wrote:
I think this whole number 1 plate problem is people just being drama queens...if you had millions invested to win a championship, and you won it...
I think this whole number 1 plate problem is people just being drama queens...if you had millions invested to win a championship, and you won it, and had the right to display that bike with the number 1 to get some of your marketing dollars back, especially since they couldn't display it at all in action due to injury in 2010, most of us would do that same, its a freakin business!

And to be honest, i think the main reason why people are acting up on this whole thing, is because there has been some anger or hate towards James/L&M for not doing the outdoors and combined with being portrayed as a rockstar on his reality show...lets face it, people loose faith easily in this sport, and a lot of people have given up on him and are dissapointed/angry at what they percieve James has become (even if the perception is wrong) ...

Had any other rider, KDub, RC, RV won the championship in 2009, then got injured but yet had an outdoor deal (key point) and couldn't ride due to injury, they would not have gotten this heat for displaying the number 1 plate....But James is getting it, because so many people are hating on him for other reasons(see above) and this is just another thing to fuel the fire....

Just my thoughts....
You nailed it.

Larry, I've been critical in the past of some of your . . . ummm . . . personal efforts at PR, but on this occasion ~ well stated, particularly with tongue in teeth. Not that you need me slapping your back

Post a reply to: I thought it was weird to see a San Manuel Yamaha at

The Latest