I thought I blew up my 450...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2015 7:28 AM

But it was just the timing chain tensioner.

I love 4 strokes. So that puts my total parts investment for 6 years at $59.00.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

4/23/2015 7:31 AM

What's really fun is when the decompression mechanism on a KX450 comes apart, comes through the head cover, binds up snapping the chain, and then bunches up the chain in the bottom end..... thats a really good time..... pinch

Glad to hear you escaped with your wallet intact!!!

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

4/23/2015 7:40 AM

Cheap oil filters over there!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/23/2015 7:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2015 7:43 AM

Crush wrote:

Cheap oil filters over there!

*not including service items (however, I have a washable oil filter)

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

4/23/2015 7:47 AM

Better check your cam chain on that ticking time bomb, wait until it skips a tooth and causes a catastrophic explosion of unknown proportions.

|

4/23/2015 8:03 AM

Now...

Tell us how blazingly fast you are and how often you moto.

|

4/23/2015 8:08 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

BINGO

|

4/23/2015 8:16 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

imoto34 wrote:

BINGO

My thoughts exactly....

|

4/23/2015 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2015 8:18 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

I've ridden 4 times in the last month and a half.
I never claimed to be 'blazingly fast'... sorry if I hurt your poor little 2 stroke feelings. lol

|

4/23/2015 8:19 AM

LOL Good one Huck

|

4/23/2015 8:23 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

huck wrote:

I never claimed to be 'blazingly fast'... sorry if I hurt your poor little 2 stroke feelings. lol

Some old weekend warrior putting around on his old 450 will have to work a lot harder than that to hurt my feelings.

Troll harder.

|

4/23/2015 8:24 AM

By the way, if you've only spent 60 bucks on your 6 year old 450...

I'll bet its a reaaaaallll beaut!

|

4/23/2015 8:25 AM

Here is some great news.....both the 4 strokes and 2 strokes are really fun to ride. Happy to hear you have good luck with your 4 strokes Huck , I have with mine as well. " Preventative maintenance " is the key.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/23/2015 8:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2015 8:32 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Here is some great news.....both the 4 strokes and 2 strokes are really fun to ride. Happy to hear you have good luck with your 4 strokes Huck , I have with mine as well. " Preventative maintenance " is the key.

It's funny that some anonymous jackoff likes to hate on them so much. I thought about getting a 2 stroke, but rode one the other weekend and I plan on getting another new 4 stroke instead.

|

4/23/2015 8:31 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

huck wrote:

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Some old weekend warrior putting around on his old 450 will have to work a lot harder than that to hurt my feelings.

Troll harder.

lol. Don't you think the majority of people on this forum fall into that classification?

Maybe someday we'll be 'full fledged' racers like you, mr. anonymous.

|

4/23/2015 8:46 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

huck wrote:

It's funny that some anonymous jackoff likes to hate on them so much. I thought about getting a 2 stroke, but rode one the other weekend and I plan on getting another new 4 stroke instead.

Well to be fair , when I first picked up that RM 250 of mine , I was really unsure if I had made the right decision. The first day I got to ride it , I had to break the motor in , on a track that wasn't all that good. At the end of the day I had fun but thought maybe I made a mistake in buying it. The next weekend I had made some slight changes to the bike and the track was really nice. I literally rode that thing so much that both of my hands were bleeding from blisters. Haha , I could not stop riding it , it was just too much fun.

I've only gotten to ride it those two weekends. The weather turned bad and I really need to get the suspension done. It's setup for a 130lb rider and I was bottoming it every where. 2 weeks I should have it all done up. And I can't wait!

The 2 strokes are worth a 2nd shot. That RM 250 is just so much lighter than my 450 and it isn't just so crazy / deadly fast like my Kawi 450. I love em both actually for different reasons , but at the end of the day , they both put a smile on my face. So that's what counts.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

4/23/2015 8:52 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Well to be fair , when I first picked up that RM 250 of mine , I was really unsure if I had made the right decision. The first day I got to ride it , I had to break the motor in , on a track that wasn't all that good. At the end of the day I had fun but thought maybe I made a mistake in buying it. The next weekend I had made some slight changes to the bike and the track was really nice. I literally rode that thing so much that both of my hands were bleeding from blisters. Haha , I could not stop riding it , it was just too much fun.

I've only gotten to ride it those two weekends. The weather turned bad and I really need to get the suspension done. It's setup for a 130lb rider and I was bottoming it every where. 2 weeks I should have it all done up. And I can't wait!

The 2 strokes are worth a 2nd shot. That RM 250 is just so much lighter than my 450 and it isn't just so crazy / deadly fast like my Kawi 450. I love em both actually for different reasons , but at the end of the day , they both put a smile on my face. So that's what counts.

Yeah, I just want to have one bike, so I choose the 450. If I could have both, I would.

And true story about the smile... unfortunately some here feel that they need to tell you what puts the smile on your face. wink

|

4/23/2015 8:55 AM

Maybe he's just smarter than the bike? It helps.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

4/23/2015 9:43 AM

crf250pilot wrote:

Better check your cam chain on that ticking time bomb, wait until it skips a tooth and causes a catastrophic explosion of unknown proportions.

Yeah like this guy!!

|

4/23/2015 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2015 9:54 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

huck wrote:

Good to hear that your 450 Quad was a good investment...

Photo

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins

4/23/2015 9:57 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

Now...

huck wrote:

h&m_cycle wrote:

Good to hear that your 450 Quad was a good investment...

Photo

Haha , that is just awesome!

|

4/23/2015 10:14 AM

I've got about 18 bucks invested in our old 2 stroke.

1 plug a year at 2.39 a plug, box of 10. Still have a few to go. This spring I gapped the old one sprayed it off with brake clean and put it back in.

|

4/23/2015 10:16 AM

The Vitard Nation wrote:

By the way, if you've only spent 60 bucks on your 6 year old 450...

I'll bet its a reaaaaallll beaut!

Sweet name... I would've gone with Gorrgasm!

|

4/23/2015 10:20 AM

I like the circle jerk these threads can become.

|

4/23/2015 11:03 AM

This is why I come here, riveting threads such as this. I can't wait to tell you guys when I change my chain and sprockets, stay tuned!!

|

4/23/2015 11:05 AM

seth505 wrote:

This is why I come here, riveting threads such as this. I can't wait to tell you guys when I change my chain and sprockets, stay tuned!!

So this motocross message board isn't for talking about our motorcycles? Thanks for the heads up.

|

4/23/2015 11:08 AM

seth505 wrote:

huck wrote:

So this motocross message board isn't for talking about our motorcycles? Thanks for the heads up.

I never said that, all I said was I love riveting threads that stimulate my mind wink

|

4/23/2015 11:09 AM

seth505 wrote:

huck wrote:

seth505 wrote:

I never said that, all I said was I love riveting threads that stimulate my mind wink

well then....you're welcome.

|

4/23/2015 11:31 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Nothing like looking after your pride and joy PROPERLY eh, had an 05 CRF250 that was very well looked after and in 6 years shimmed valves and then replaced once. Been on 2str and the fekker blew up last week, probably as I believed previous owner (Cardinal sin I know)

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

4/23/2015 11:48 AM

it doesn't matter what bike a person rides, the faster and harder He rides the more shit will break and if the upkeep isn't there then it's all just a disaster waiting to happen.

for a guy like Me the 4 stroke really was fun to ride and I rode many more hours without any engine repairs than I ever did on a 2 stroke.

|