I think all this celebration is a little.........

mxgeoff
8/25/2008 3:15am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:17pm
De Reuver comes from 25th in the first corner to finish third and then scores a DNF and you guys start to celebrate. Hahaha. I am not sure Marc could come from 25th on the first corner and finish third in a GP.

I think he really showed how similar the speed is between AMA and FIM and that is always our argument.

Don't start screaming that the AMA guys are now much quicker and stronger, it isn't so guys.

Geoff
|
Jefro98
8/25/2008 3:31am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:10pm
Let 'm have there fun Geoff.

We would be all "I told you so!!!!!" if Marc would finish 2-2.

It's the time of the year again.
mxgeoff
8/25/2008 3:34am
Jefro98 wrote:

Jeff,

Sure, but didn't Marc just show the speed of GP and AMA is similar, apart from Mr Stewart of course.

Geoff
Jefro98
8/25/2008 3:45am
Jefro98 wrote:

mxgeoff wrote:
Jeff,

Sure, but didn't Marc just show the speed of GP and AMA is similar, apart from Mr Stewart of course.

Geoff
Yeah, he did. But we already knew that. You don't have to convince every board member 'cause you can't.
You said it yourself mate:

American riders are faster in the US, Euro riders are faster in Europe. (and Stewarts beats everybody)
DeReuver and Hamblin recently proved that.

The Shop

NetMXer
8/25/2008 3:49am
Just read what Marc had to say himself.
8/25/2008 3:53am
motogrady wrote:

Send over whoever you got.
So far the rest of the world has already sent over:

Reed
Langston
Metcalfe
Cooper
Bayle
Roncada
Albertyn
De Coster
Townley
Nicoll
Pourcel
Fonseca
Vuillemin

To name a few. I'm sure I missed a good couple of riders.
They seemed to be on your pace weren't they?
Or are these all American riders too?

jamma10
8/25/2008 3:57am
He makes no excuses, but he clearly felt the heat. I think you guys should show a little more appreciation. How many AMA guys would choose to come over and contest a one off GP?

He added a bit of colour and intrigue to what is basically a one horse race in the Motocross class and got a 3rd in his first moto. That deserves respect, just as we respect and admire American riders such as Brown and Hamblin. You wouldn't believe the support those two guys had over here just in England.

I wish people would quit the bitching.
mxgeoff
8/25/2008 4:02am
jamma10 wrote:
He makes no excuses, but he clearly felt the heat. I think you guys should show a little more appreciation. How many AMA guys would choose...
He makes no excuses, but he clearly felt the heat. I think you guys should show a little more appreciation. How many AMA guys would choose to come over and contest a one off GP?

He added a bit of colour and intrigue to what is basically a one horse race in the Motocross class and got a 3rd in his first moto. That deserves respect, just as we respect and admire American riders such as Brown and Hamblin. You wouldn't believe the support those two guys had over here just in England.

I wish people would quit the bitching.
I have to admit, the air is very different in America. I remember at Budds Creek last year I was dying and I was just watching (well the redbull and Vodka didn't help).

Seems like what Marc said made sense, he just couldn't handle the different air. Great interview by Cox by the way.

Geoff
motogrady
8/25/2008 4:24am
motogrady wrote:

Send over whoever you got.
So far the rest of the world has already sent over: Reed Langston Metcalfe Cooper Bayle Roncada Albertyn De Coster Townley Nicoll Pourcel Fonseca Vuillemin To...
So far the rest of the world has already sent over:

Reed
Langston
Metcalfe
Cooper
Bayle
Roncada
Albertyn
De Coster
Townley
Nicoll
Pourcel
Fonseca
Vuillemin

To name a few. I'm sure I missed a good couple of riders.
They seemed to be on your pace weren't they?
Or are these all American riders too?

Hey, all great riders.

But with the exception of DeCoster, which was another time, they all needed
time to adapt. I'm not dissing you guys.
Just face the facts, it's a little more intense over here.

Hats off to DeReuver, a class guy that I hope shows here again.
mccread
8/25/2008 4:32am
Jefro is right but I dont know why US riders dont have to come to the real world championship - why do foreign riders have to race in the US series and give the US riders home court adavantage all the time to prove their speed - that doesn't even make logical sense!?

Surely the best measuring stick is a world championship racing different countries and tracks its the most neutral series .

All riders are fastest in their own country - thats logical.
Rattary couldnt beat Sword for a british title a few years ago...

The US riders are going to be fast in the US obviously -prob faster than foreign riders coming over, thats what they have grew up with including the heat. but they should step up and race the GPs and prove they can do that speed in different countries like Moore Schmit Healey Brown etc. That is the sign of a world class racer.

The US nationals are the best national championship in the world awesome to watch and similar in pace to the GPs (except bubba) but its still a national title that will favour the US guys... yet GP riders go over year after year and compete- proving a top rider in GPs is a top rider in the US and vice versa. Short Ferry etc would be top riders in GPs too but they wouldnt dominate it would be harder than the US nationals for them just like the GPs are harder to adapt too for a British guy used to british tracks.
Larry
8/25/2008 4:36am
At least we finally had something to make the big bike National interesting.
De Reuver clearly has some serious speed. Sure wish we had a 4 race series in the fall where we could watch the GP guys race with our guys.
mccread
8/25/2008 5:45am
there are 2 free GPs left after the nationals bget the top 5 in both classes to come over that would be awesome - 2 totally different tracks as well Lierop and Faenza!
bogdan912
8/25/2008 5:50am
Wonder how he felt when Georke went by. He looked good though, gained some respect from me atleast.
jndmx
8/25/2008 5:59am
He looked great in moto 1, nice style and just flat out hauling.
That track is tough on everyone.
It was fun to watch him on the charge and cool to see someone different race.
He was very smooth, reminded me of KW.

I leave all the gp vs ama stuff alone it's like arguing religion.
Yamaha336
8/25/2008 6:01am
mccread wrote:
Jefro is right but I dont know why US riders dont have to come to the real world championship - why do foreign riders have to...
Jefro is right but I dont know why US riders dont have to come to the real world championship - why do foreign riders have to race in the US series and give the US riders home court adavantage all the time to prove their speed - that doesn't even make logical sense!?

Surely the best measuring stick is a world championship racing different countries and tracks its the most neutral series .

The US riders are going to be fast in the US obviously -prob faster than foreign riders coming over, thats what they have grew up with including the heat. but they should step up and race the GPs and prove they can do that speed in different countries like Moore Schmit Healey Brown etc. That is the sign of a world class racer.

The US nationals are the best national championship in the world awesome to watch and similar in pace to the GPs (except bubba) but its still a national title that will favour the US guys... yet GP riders go over year after year and compete- proving a top rider in GPs is a top rider in the US and vice versa. Short Ferry etc would be top riders in GPs too but they wouldnt dominate it would be harder than the US nationals for them just like the GPs are harder to adapt too for a British guy used to british tracks.
Ok, well, we will be over in September to clean up like we do 90% of the time on YOUR soil. What will you have to gripe about then?
mxgeoff
8/25/2008 6:03am
jndmx wrote:
He looked great in moto 1, nice style and just flat out hauling. That track is tough on everyone. It was fun to watch him on...
He looked great in moto 1, nice style and just flat out hauling.
That track is tough on everyone.
It was fun to watch him on the charge and cool to see someone different race.
He was very smooth, reminded me of KW.

I leave all the gp vs ama stuff alone it's like arguing religion.
When he is on there are not too many riders better than him. And yes on a good day he reminds me of a Windham, of maybe even an Everts.

Geoff
Tbteam
8/25/2008 6:11am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:10pm
You're a good guy, Geoff. I always read a little between the lines in many of your posts and I get where you're comng from. Your as addicted to this sport as anyone can be and you see thing like a true fan.

Marc looked great on TV. Unfortunately, I live in Florida and couldn't be there to see the race. I will say this... Marc picked a track (obviously, and intelligently) that he has a very distinct special ability to ride. He hauled ass in moto one, and rode well in moto 2 until his problems. I'm not sure how he's do in an entire series, although I know he has much speed.

I'm afraid that at Glen Helen he might be so far out of his element that he might try to walk home!

Anyway, great ride by Marc, and great to have him here in the states.
mccread
8/25/2008 6:17am
mccread wrote:
Jefro is right but I dont know why US riders dont have to come to the real world championship - why do foreign riders have to...

Yamaha336 wrote:
Ok, well, we will be over in September to clean up like we do 90% of the time on YOUR soil. What will you have to...
Ok, well, we will be over in September to clean up like we do 90% of the time on YOUR soil. What will you have to gripe about then?
The Des nations has nothing to do with it. thats not a GP series, thats a team race. I'm talking about the 16 round Word Championship series its totally different!- I dont believe there has been a Des NAtions in Northern Ireland so you haven't cleaned up on my soil actually.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1950th
8/25/2008 7:18am
mccread wrote:
The Des nations has nothing to do with it. thats not a GP series, thats a team race. I'm talking about the 16 round Word Championship...
The Des nations has nothing to do with it. thats not a GP series, thats a team race. I'm talking about the 16 round Word Championship series its totally different!- I dont believe there has been a Des NAtions in Northern Ireland so you haven't cleaned up on my soil actually.
Mccread, you are beating you head off a brick wall trying to argue with some of these dipshits, they change there views more often than there underwear, which makes it extremely difficult to try to get a decent debate going with them, most of them don't have a view of there own to stick with, it changes with what's popular at the time.
AJ
8/25/2008 7:26am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:10pm
mccread you mention Moorre healey schmidt..
(you forgot parker,lackey)

so it isnt like US riders never go to the GPs.
and some of them come home with world titles.

but racing is thier job, and the best pay for a top US rider,is generally in the US.
would you personally relocate around the globe, to make less at your job??

Many of the Top GP guys do have the speed to win titles here,, there is a very long list..!!!
and additionally when they came here, and do so, they are paid better.
Thats pretty good incentive?

it shouldnt surprise anyone then, why things are how they are..

nor should it surprise you,
that a top US riders team,
wouldnt let them do a one off GP for fun , even if they wanted to.
(like marc did coming here)

as far as celebrating,,
i would celebrate marcs great first moto finish!
a great charge thru the pack !!
i'm glad he came over here and made it interesting!

i would like to see a combined series that had all the riders!
how cool would that be? .

but thats just not likely to happen..
in the meantime we/you cant expect the riders to jump thru hoops ,earn less money, etc,, just so the fans get to see what would be "cool" ..lol

its like wanting Roger to race RC.. both in thier prime...
how cool would that be? but not going to happen..
AJ
8/25/2008 7:27am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2008 7:36am
what drives the whole thing is bike sales..
one series is more important to the OEMS than the other.

as its reflects in sales in that market.

if a lot more bikes where sold to europe than to the US market, you can bet the OEMs would be paying the top US guys to go race the GP's.

heck if they sold more bikes into ireland than anywhere else.. you'd likely have stewart racing your local series!! Wink

sorry that it's ultimately *all abouthe money*,
The OEMS are businesses, not MX fans Wink
Ozy
8/25/2008 7:30am
I think trying to reason with some of you euro fans is a waste of time. Most of the bad things we Americans say about the GP riders is based on our frustration over you guys

I feel like talking trash on Calimero just to say FU to you guys (and I like and respect Marc)
j100
8/25/2008 7:31am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:10pm
the first thing the "GP''s" do is classify every rider from another country, some of which have never raced a GP one of there’s. someone was saying Cody Cooper yesterday was a GP rider and if i recall, he's never raced a GP.

on another note: riders like Reed, GL, Townley, Albertien & Metcalfe were all transports for you guys, too. None of those guys are Europeans -- they brought light to your series, like they've done to ours.

the way i look at this issue is: you guys have sent over some amazing riders like JMB, DV12, Ron Ron, Pichone, and many other riders, but stop saying every person that lives outside the US is a GP rider, because that's not the case.

let's just hope for everyones sake the new outdoor promotors can work together and have a few races where all the guys line up and duke it out.
ocscottie
8/25/2008 7:36am
Pretty funny stuff from Marc:

What are you going to report back to your guys back home?

Same as I did to you. I don’t like James Stewart. He makes a goon rider of me, and I don’t like that. There’s nobody in the world – it can be the triple Stefan Everts – that can stay with him here.

I think he won the first moto by like 56 seconds...

I’ve never... He was one minute and six seconds ahead of me, and I’ve never gotten beaten in the sand by more than 30 seconds by anybody. Ever. And he was just playing, man! I don’t understand that.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1950th
8/25/2008 7:43am
Ozy wrote:
I think trying to reason with some of you euro fans is a waste of time. Most of the bad things we Americans say about the...
I think trying to reason with some of you euro fans is a waste of time. Most of the bad things we Americans say about the GP riders is based on our frustration over you guys

I feel like talking trash on Calimero just to say FU to you guys (and I like and respect Marc)
If you change the Euro, with American, in the first sentence, then change American with Euro in the second, you have it spot on.

Again, I've not seen one Euro say that the GP guys are faster than the AMA guys ,but have seen plenty Americans Say That the AMA guys are faster then GP riders, the only thing the euro fans say is that with the exception of Stewart, all the riders GP and AMA are much the same speed and Marc proved that.
Yamaha24
8/25/2008 7:54am
um when was he in 25???? out of the first corner he was in about 9th or so.....shorty came from dead last crash to 9th Shorty beat him by 11 seconds...does that mean short can be a world champ????
Yamaha24
8/25/2008 7:54am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2008 7:55am
Phlapjax
8/25/2008 7:58am
I missied the broadcast, why did he DNF in the 2nd moto?
jamma10
8/25/2008 8:04am
I think someone said previously that Cody Cooper wasn't American, not that he was a GP rider. Another misinterpretation.

Its Americans that use the term 'Euros' and can't differentiate between riders from Europe and Grand Prix riders. GP riders consist of riders from all over the world just as the AMA does. The trouble is you guys try and claim the foreign riders in the AMA as your own and adopt this 'us' and 'them' mentality.

You choose to ignore the fact that other than RC, Villopoto and Stewart a large majority of successful AMA riders have come from GP racing!

AJ hit the nail on the head, all these guys race for a living and so naturally they want to race where the money is. Guys like Albertyn, JMB, Tortelli, Langston etc all learnt their trade in the World Championship, achieved some good results and then understandably moved to America to live in the sun, contest an equally tough series and get paid more $$. I know I would!

The trouble is you guys get fed your information via a very biased media, it's no wonder so many of you are so naive to Motocross outside of the US. We take a genuine interest in AMA racing so we're able to give an objective opinion about who is capable of competing both sides of the pond with equal appreciation of both series. Its very easy to be all smug and condescending when you have Stewart and Villopoto to backup your argument, but we happily admit that those two are easily the best in the world right now.

Post a reply to: I think all this celebration is a little.........

The Latest