I think SX is now the most brutal series....

jeffro503
I mean , how can it not be? Riders getting wounded at every round. The outdoors seems more physically demanding , but damn...Supercross is taking our dudes out right , left and center! Sheesh!
|
Bruce372
1/13/2018 7:15pm
I would say sport aside from mma and boxing. I can't think of any sport that looses so many stars after round 2 of a 17 long series?
Jrewing
1/13/2018 7:19pm
The throttle goes both ways so Kenny Roberts claimed.
tprice07
1/13/2018 9:05pm
I’m hoping Roczen plays it safe and comes out on top. I don’t think Anderson or Barcia will be willing to back it down. Time will tell..

The Shop

zehn
1/13/2018 9:07pm
Jrewing wrote:
Not when Vital exists
MXerDW
1/13/2018 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:11pm
Bloss is out also. And A Martin in the 250 class.
yz133rider
1/13/2018 9:08pm
Jrewing wrote:
Thats not the issue. One small miscue in any of these timing sections or whoops and it ends badly. Very much do or die tracks. And its do perfectly or die. Lap after lap. With traffic and ruts and lappers and concrete showing under the dirt
Fourth_Floor
1/13/2018 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:12pm
Bruce372 wrote:
I would say sport aside from mma and boxing. I can't think of any sport that looses so many stars after round 2 of a 17...
I would say sport aside from mma and boxing. I can't think of any sport that looses so many stars after round 2 of a 17 long series?
Those guys fight once a year and very rarely come out of a fight with any crazy injuries that require hospitalization, surgery, etc. Motocross is waaaayyyyy more dangerous than combat sports. I'd take being punched in the head any day versus endoing through a whoop section.
Ebs
1/13/2018 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:20pm
"If you don't come walking back to the pits every once in a while holding a steering wheel in your hands, you're not trying hard enough."

- Mario Andretti

Nighttrain
1/13/2018 9:26pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I mean , how can it not be? Riders getting wounded at every round. The outdoors seems more physically demanding , but damn...Supercross is taking our...
I mean , how can it not be? Riders getting wounded at every round. The outdoors seems more physically demanding , but damn...Supercross is taking our dudes out right , left and center! Sheesh!
450 4-stroke is too much usable power for stadium racing. The margin for error is minute, the consequence extreme.
Rockinar
1/13/2018 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:54pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I mean , how can it not be? Riders getting wounded at every round. The outdoors seems more physically demanding , but damn...Supercross is taking our...
I think a lot of it has to do with track design. If they brought back 90's style tracks we would see better racing and less injuries. There's zero room for error on these tracks.
jeffro503
1/13/2018 10:00pm
It's just so damn " Do or Die " any more. Very rarely do we see these guys just have a simple wreck , get back up and go again . it's wadding their brains out from one little mistake...and Bam!....season over. Possibly entire year over. It's part of it , I get it.....but gets frustrating after a while.

Whoever says these guys don't deserve their paycheck's.....is a clueless idiot.
MotoX85
1/13/2018 10:22pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Rockinar wrote:
I think a lot of it has to do with track design. If they brought back 90's style tracks we would see better racing and less...
I think a lot of it has to do with track design. If they brought back 90's style tracks we would see better racing and less injuries. There's zero room for error on these tracks.
THIS IS EXACTLY CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
toomanykaws
1/13/2018 10:30pm
Problem is the 450. Can almost do entire track in one gear. Corner out and launch over anything with little run up. How many obstacles can the track builders incorporate that the 250's can still do somewhat safely? Track building is tough today. We just want to watch good racing. It's almost like a demo race anymore.
rutsmash
1/13/2018 11:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Duh...the shit show is what it is
ledger
1/13/2018 11:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Nighttrain wrote:
450 4-stroke is too much usable power for stadium racing. The margin for error is minute, the consequence extreme.
100% agree.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
1/14/2018 12:14am
Rockinar wrote:
I think a lot of it has to do with track design. If they brought back 90's style tracks we would see better racing and less...
100% agree.
Johnny Depp
1/14/2018 1:30am
It's not the bike size, it's the tracks. Tame them down for safer, closer racing.
PJRAUS
1/14/2018 1:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
It sure seems that way! Was it as bad as this before the advent of the 4 stroke 450's?
I wonder if it's possible to dig up stats and compare the era's in a sensible way?
The sport seems to be eating its own young these days!
Samuel
1/14/2018 1:46am
Most of the injuries that have happened weren't from huge jumps. Marvin tried a poor technique in the whoops. Eli brain-farted on the tiniest jump. You could tame all of the jumps, and the top two stars are still out. I don't think we can place the blame on the tracks. The track isn't twisting the grip. The track isn't choosing to jump through the whoops after a straight. I don't recall anyone crashing themselves as a result of a huge obstacle in these first two rounds.
1/14/2018 2:48am
I might be wrong but "the most brutal series...(in the world preferably)" isn't that exactly what the casual stadium mx spectator puts his money on the table for? And isn't that why 17 rounds are not enough...? Good racing is one thing but "the most brutal series in the world" ? Hell yeah! Let's get a hot dog and a 12 $ beer there!!! At least that's how it appears to me sometimes
Pretty sure when it's mxon time next fall, we'll see you guys declare SX the most prestigious and important thing in the world again WinkWink
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
1/14/2018 2:53am
jeffro503 wrote:
It's just so damn " Do or Die " any more. Very rarely do we see these guys just have a simple wreck , get back...
It's just so damn " Do or Die " any more. Very rarely do we see these guys just have a simple wreck , get back up and go again . it's wadding their brains out from one little mistake...and Bam!....season over. Possibly entire year over. It's part of it , I get it.....but gets frustrating after a while.

Whoever says these guys don't deserve their paycheck's.....is a clueless idiot.
Tedder had a decent wreck in his LCQ and got up to finish in a transfer spot. But ultimately that's the one "successful" crash out of however many "unsuccessful" crashes from the last two rounds. Keeping it on two wheels is apart of being a champion but the 450 class does claim the most victims. With the way manufacturers have pushed 4t's and their development I don't see that changing any time soon
1/14/2018 3:09am
The tracks have to keep up with the bike tech, stick these guys on an old track design and it wouldn't be very challenging and boring to watch. I would agree though, they are paying a much bigger price now days for a very minor mistake.
1/14/2018 4:05am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 4:06am
I do think the whoops were a little bit too much last night, at least with that dirt.

Of course riders will always crash and get hurt, that's true, you can't prevent everything. But that first whoop section looked extremely hazardous, and ended up claiming about 4 riders I believe with a few more suffering near misses. Otherwise I thought the track was OK.
OFWGKTA
1/14/2018 4:29am
jeffro503 wrote:
Rockinar wrote:
I m not agree, look at Marv and Eli they both went down on sections that are no different from the 90's. The injuries has always been there it's part of the sport ! Look at the MXGP there are also many many injuries but they can regroup because they don't race every weekend. I believe the injuries come from the fact that now everyone are pushing the pace so much compared to the 90's where only 2 or 3 guys were crazy fast. Now we can see rider like brayton pass Musquin like yesterday so everyone is pushing at 110% and now break a top 5 has become harder. So even if you bring back 90's style track it won't change, they will all push to 110% and keep getting hurt because they are all on a razor
kx254f
1/14/2018 4:38am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 6:26am
jeffro503 wrote:
Makes you wonder how the hell Dungey survived all those years unscathed? Either he’s the powerball winner type or knew how to stay in his comfort zone... but damn that was a fast comfort zone.
JAFO92
1/14/2018 5:23am
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro's right.
kijen
1/14/2018 5:42am
Yep SX is very unforgiving, I think it's a great idea to end MX and make SX the only professional series. 20 some odd rounds, that should be enough to disable about 50 percent of the field, then we can watch the not so fast/talented guys roll the track, sort of like the local C class. How exciting that will be, probably about as much fun as going to the circusSmile

Even last night there were only a couple battles in the main, anderson rode great but it was predictable that he was going to chase down KR

AC did make the 250 main intresting though.

1/14/2018 5:50am
kx254f wrote:
Makes you wonder how the hell Dungey survived all those years unscathed? Either he’s the powerball winner type or knew how to stay in his comfort...
Makes you wonder how the hell Dungey survived all those years unscathed? Either he’s the powerball winner type or knew how to stay in his comfort zone... but damn that was a fast comfort zone.
Fastest comfort zone speed over his competition, no doubt.

Post a reply to: I think SX is now the most brutal series....

The Latest