I think Max Vohland would have won the 1st moto.

MyBobbym
5/30/2021 6:36am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2021 8:34am
If his scooter would have stayed running strong until the checkers. The only reason the old man caught and passed the kid was because his scooter started sputtering on the 3rd lap. With a decent 2nd moto gate pick hell he might have taken the overall. The kid made NorCal proud and he will be a front runner from here on out I believe.
|
Darrin Willis
5/30/2021 6:44am
I dig his riding style. Straight back. Not all hunched over the bars. Smooth. I stopped and talked to him at pala before covid. Came across to me as a humble kid. Actually asked me where I was from(Canada) then he brought up several Canadian riders names. Im a fan.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
5/30/2021 7:37am
I think he would have been 3rd or 4th ...That being said he proved he has the speed to run up front. I remember a lot of nay sayers on here over him...
cmotodad
5/30/2021 7:37am
We met Max and his dad at Pala one day too. Very nice just like his father, humble and respectful conversation. I was impressed when he pulled off his helmet and he didn't look even a little fatigued. Hope he has a great rookie season.
ZOBITO
5/30/2021 7:43am
Yeah, it's a pity he got one of Townley's 2004 engines.
Tongue

The Shop

Soldozer
5/30/2021 8:15am
Potential to be a front runner but needs more time. More respect for smiling after a blown engine.
TeamGreen
5/30/2021 8:24am
MyBobbym wrote:
If his scooter would have stayed running strong until the checkers. The only reason the old man caught and passed the kid was because his scooter...
If his scooter would have stayed running strong until the checkers. The only reason the old man caught and passed the kid was because his scooter started sputtering on the 3rd lap. With a decent 2nd moto gate pick hell he might have taken the overall. The kid made NorCal proud and he will be a front runner from here on out I believe.
I'm of the same opinion as our resident Maico railing dude.
doofus
5/30/2021 8:27am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2021 8:27am
Soldozer wrote:
Potential to be a front runner but needs more time. More respect for smiling after a blown engine.
Oh Christ, if he threw his bike down out of disgust you’d have a problem with that too.

I think it’s pretty fuckin rad he was still happy after having a mechanical DNF in his first pro race while kicking ass. That’s about as close to having every right to throw a temper tantrum as you’re ever gonna get.
H4L
5/30/2021 8:28am
Negative.. Jmart was coming..
MyBobbym
5/30/2021 10:00am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2021 10:01am
H4L wrote:
Negative.. Jmart was coming..
While the KTM was sputtering.

I need a word with Ian... 😳😁👍
bayodome
Fantasy
4180th
5/30/2021 10:05am
Soldozer wrote:
doofus wrote:
Oh Christ, if he threw his bike down out of disgust you’d have a problem with that too. I think it’s pretty fuckin rad he was...
Oh Christ, if he threw his bike down out of disgust you’d have a problem with that too.

I think it’s pretty fuckin rad he was still happy after having a mechanical DNF in his first pro race while kicking ass. That’s about as close to having every right to throw a temper tantrum as you’re ever gonna get.
I don't think you misinterpreted Soldozer's comment. He expressed the same sentiment as you...with simplicity and without expletives.
H4L
5/30/2021 10:09am
MyBobbym wrote:

I think the 2nd moto with no engine failure is more indicative of where he would have placed. Still a good ride by the rookie & appears to be a top 5 rider.
That being said I hope he does get a win this series. He comes across as a good kid especially after the DNF. He represented the Vohland family well & they can certainly be proud of that.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
5/30/2021 10:30am
MyBobbym wrote:

H4L wrote:
I think the 2nd moto with no engine failure is more indicative of where he would have placed. Still a good ride by the rookie &...
I think the 2nd moto with no engine failure is more indicative of where he would have placed. Still a good ride by the rookie & appears to be a top 5 rider.
That being said I hope he does get a win this series. He comes across as a good kid especially after the DNF. He represented the Vohland family well & they can certainly be proud of that.
He didn't get the same gate pick, he didn't get the same start in the 2nd moto. I think A-mart likely would have got him and he would have gotten 2nd in moto one. which is still a hell of a good ride, it was a hell of Good ride anyway! getting a bad ass start and leading half of a pro national Also his first pro national right? Is totally bad ass and in his home state and in a very talented field lots of good to be taken away from round one for him and his team Future Super star IMO.
Zycki11
5/30/2021 10:43am
No, he wouldn’t have won. It’s nothing new to see rookies come out firing in the first race. By round three we will know where he really stacks up. I do think we will see him continue to get good starts. Kid is a toothpick on a factory bike. Amazing technique
H4L
5/30/2021 10:48am
Tarz483 wrote:
He didn't get the same gate pick, he didn't get the same start in the 2nd moto. I think A-mart likely would have got him and...
He didn't get the same gate pick, he didn't get the same start in the 2nd moto. I think A-mart likely would have got him and he would have gotten 2nd in moto one. which is still a hell of a good ride, it was a hell of Good ride anyway! getting a bad ass start and leading half of a pro national Also his first pro national right? Is totally bad ass and in his home state and in a very talented field lots of good to be taken away from round one for him and his team Future Super star IMO.
Starts do help, but you can use that same argument with Jett on the 1st moto. He started around in 18th place yet managed to get a 2nd.
hubbardmx50
5/30/2021 10:48am
Didn’t J Mart catch him before the motor let go? Wouldn’t have won but he was so much fun to watch. He was ripping.
5/30/2021 11:17am
Soldozer wrote:
doofus wrote:
Oh Christ, if he threw his bike down out of disgust you’d have a problem with that too. I think it’s pretty fuckin rad he was...

You have the most suited username on the forum bud..
doofus
5/30/2021 2:14pm
Soldozer wrote:
doofus wrote:

You have the most suited username on the forum bud..
That’s fair.
5/30/2021 3:33pm
MyBobbym wrote:

H4L wrote:
I think the 2nd moto with no engine failure is more indicative of where he would have placed. Still a good ride by the rookie &...
Tarz483 wrote:
He didn't get the same gate pick, he didn't get the same start in the 2nd moto. I think A-mart likely would have got him and...
The Jett finished right behind “J-Mart”, do you really think Max was going to hang in there for 2nd lol??
Nope, he was heading back to 5th or 6th- which is still a great ride.
He led the first 20 minutes which is great! He’ll get another shot!
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
5/30/2021 3:57pm
JMart was just pacing him and waiting to pounce. Jett would have caught him, too. But I don't think 4th place (Hampshire?) had anything for the kid. He'd have landed a podium in his first ever moto.
6/1/2021 8:13am
Was anyone at the race and could hear his bike? Didn’t look good on TV, curious to know if he was losing power
theToothPerry
6/1/2021 8:33am
Was anyone at the race and could hear his bike? Didn’t look good on TV, curious to know if he was losing power
We were right there when he pulled off. And contrary to everyone commentings beliefs I think he would’ve won. It was smoking for about 4 laps before he finally pulled it in. Smelled strong of burnt clutch and it was apparent out of the corners, he wasn’t getting the drive anymore.

Post a reply to: I think Max Vohland would have won the 1st moto.

The Latest