I stand by Deano

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2021 8:20am
Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done fun vids, charity, generally a good natured positive influence on our sport and everyone watching it.

Then all the sudden its "Deano is the DEVIL!!!" With the flick of a switch, there is like serious hate toward him. So he got in front of Roczen and Roczen didn't get the win. Oh wait, but he did get second and is still in good contention for the championship? And Roczen is still a multi-millionaire? And Roczen wasn't injured? Hmmm

This is almost like the Blake Wharton/ Trey Canard incident, where everyone loved Trey Canard and felt Wharton owed it him to be extra careful so that Trey (not Blake) could have a successful race.

So many people are just ready to vent and rage at anything these days. Well, you know what:

There is nothing wrong with Dean Wilson.

He is still a great guy and an ambassador for the sport. He still deserves the good credit he built up over the last several years, and hopefully he won't let a couple of ignorant attention seeking rage hounds try and stir up some goofy Wilson-hate crusade. Its time to stop that bs and grow up.
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/24/2021 2:52pm
It's only the forum warriors and social media cockroaches that have lit the torches and armed themselves with pitch forks. Real fans of the sport and respected industry members saw that for what it was, a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less.
TXDirt
1/24/2021 2:53pm
We all make mistakes man. Live and learn.

Dean is a good guy. And even good guys screwup sometimes.

Onward and upward!!
peltier626
1/24/2021 2:59pm
burn1986 wrote:
Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done fun vids, charity...
Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done fun vids, charity, generally a good natured positive influence on our sport and everyone watching it.

Then all the sudden its "Deano is the DEVIL!!!" With the flick of a switch, there is like serious hate toward him. So he got in front of Roczen and Roczen didn't get the win. Oh wait, but he did get second and is still in good contention for the championship? And Roczen is still a multi-millionaire? And Roczen wasn't injured? Hmmm

This is almost like the Blake Wharton/ Trey Canard incident, where everyone loved Trey Canard and felt Wharton owed it him to be extra careful so that Trey (not Blake) could have a successful race.

So many people are just ready to vent and rage at anything these days. Well, you know what:

He is still a great guy and an ambassador for the sport. He still deserves the good credit he built up over the last several years, and hopefully he won't let a couple of ignorant attention seeking rage hounds try and stir up some goofy Wilson-hate crusade. Its time to stop that bs and grow up.
I completely agree! Dean has been nothing but great for the sport and has never done anything intentionally similar before. The internet keyboard warriors need to let their frustration out on a motocross track instead of the intranets. The culture will be forever changed due to social media and the internet.

The Shop

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
1/24/2021 3:05pm
I agree, it’s racing. Things happen!
EnvyXx
1/24/2021 3:16pm
Deano is amazing I have no idea how anyone could hate the guy, shit happens. At least he owned up and apologized which most people never apologize these days and him and Kenny are cool, people need to move on. The sad part is tuesday we'll hear Blair and the broadcast over and over and over again bring up the incident 100 times that night and keep talking about it EVEN though Kenny and Deano fine they LOVE to constantly remind us and dwell on things to stir the drama up.
tickleme20
1/24/2021 3:34pm
I like Dean Wilson!

I also think he majorly screwed up, and that KR94 fans have every right to be pissed off.
RAD60
1/24/2021 3:43pm
I think Dean is a cool dude and im still a fan,, im a fan of Kenny too. Its a fuckin mx race in a small stadium, shits going to happen.
jemcee
1/24/2021 3:48pm
tickleme20 wrote:
I like Dean Wilson!

I also think he majorly screwed up, and that KR94 fans have every right to be pissed off.
HAD every right
If they're still pissed off now they need to have a good hard look at their life
chaseodc
1/24/2021 3:49pm
Deano is a class act, this should not be a defining moment for who he is overall. I stand with Deano!
jemcee
1/24/2021 3:49pm
Oh also I'm team Dean Wilson... and not just cause of Sarah
RacerX8
1/24/2021 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 6:29pm
If Kenny himself has said that he’s moved on then why hasn’t everyone?
sporkfpoon
1/24/2021 4:28pm
His followers on Instagram saying he’d “lost a fan” and all that, I think they forget that these guys are real, human people. My jaw dropped when Kenny bumped him and Cooper got by and I looked like Kevin McCallistar putting on aftershave when the race ended. Nobody wants to see that happen and it was pretty shocking but no way was it anything besides a terrible mistake by Deano.
Philly215
1/24/2021 4:39pm
RacerX8 wrote:
Because Kenny hasn’t. Public statements don’t necessarily mean reality. These guys have PR people and the works.

Kenny always rides like such a nice guy. Avoids contact and backs off if he can’t make a pass without contact. Would love to see him get mean.
BS12
1/24/2021 4:40pm
Think it was a case of everyone venting their emotions and opinions in the heat of the moment. But you'd hope (hope) that's all that it is, and the vast majority let it go and move forward like normal humans.

Put me in that category. Bring on Indy.
davistld01
1/24/2021 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 4:46pm
BS12 wrote:
Think it was a case of everyone venting their emotions and opinions in the heat of the moment. But you'd hope ([i]hope[/i]) that's all that it...
Think it was a case of everyone venting their emotions and opinions in the heat of the moment. But you'd hope (hope) that's all that it is, and the vast majority let it go and move forward like normal humans.

Put me in that category. Bring on Indy.
I hope our current “Cancel Culture” doesn’t spill over into our sport. Used to be...not that long ago, you could be pissed at something somebody said or did, but you’d soon just get over it and move on with life. Anymore, a beef turns into a person being basically cut off with no support or anyone on their side. I think Kenny & Deano were pretty good friends before this, and I hope that doesn’t squash that.
chaseodc
1/24/2021 4:46pm
RacerX8 wrote:
Philly215 wrote:
Because Kenny hasn’t. Public statements don’t necessarily mean reality. These guys have PR people and the works. Kenny always rides like such a nice guy. Avoids...
Because Kenny hasn’t. Public statements don’t necessarily mean reality. These guys have PR people and the works.

Kenny always rides like such a nice guy. Avoids contact and backs off if he can’t make a pass without contact. Would love to see him get mean.
After he had his arm sucked into Coops wheel?
Hammer 663s
1/24/2021 5:39pm
It’s fine to stand by him. It’s riding behind him that’s the problem. Duh.

Hammer 663s
tahoefd
1/24/2021 5:44pm
chaseodc wrote:
After he had his arm sucked into Coops wheel?
It appears that he has learned, grown and moved past that . Hope so. I think, he seems like a good guy. And a fast moto mofo.
str8line
1/24/2021 5:49pm
burn1986 wrote:
Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done fun vids, charity...

Sweet virtue signal, bro. But where are all these haters you're talking about?
1/24/2021 6:00pm
He didn’t do anything wrong to begin with. Blue flag is a courtesy flag, no obligation to move over. Everyone is taught from the beginning hold your line the faster guys will go around. Love both these guys but Kenny should’ve found a way around. I know I’m not moving over at that point
ElliotB16
1/24/2021 6:03pm
They won’t even be talking about this in a week or two.
Sparkalounger
1/24/2021 6:06pm
burn1986 wrote:

Thank you sir!!!!
str8line
1/24/2021 6:17pm
He didn’t do anything wrong to begin with. Blue flag is a courtesy flag, no obligation to move over. Everyone is taught from the beginning hold...
He didn’t do anything wrong to begin with. Blue flag is a courtesy flag, no obligation to move over. Everyone is taught from the beginning hold your line the faster guys will go around. Love both these guys but Kenny should’ve found a way around. I know I’m not moving over at that point

Good to know you're not moving over. Meanwhile every professional racer in the world will move over. Except maybe Chad Reed and Dean Wilson.
1/24/2021 6:18pm
Likely an unpopular opinion but I tend to think the reaction wouldn't be near as negative towards Dean if it wasn't Roczen that he did it to. Not defending Wilson just think there's been a bit of an overreaction.
Ted722
1/24/2021 6:33pm
Likely an unpopular opinion but I tend to think the reaction wouldn't be near as negative towards Dean if it wasn't Roczen that he did it...
Likely an unpopular opinion but I tend to think the reaction wouldn't be near as negative towards Dean if it wasn't Roczen that he did it to. Not defending Wilson just think there's been a bit of an overreaction.
and/or if Dean was on a Factory Honda.
motomike137
1/24/2021 6:40pm
Deano is awesome. I'm sure he has beat himself up plenty over this.
wreckitrandy
1/24/2021 6:55pm
RacerX8 wrote:
Philly215 wrote:
Because Kenny hasn’t. Public statements don’t necessarily mean reality. These guys have PR people and the works. Kenny always rides like such a nice guy. Avoids...

Roxie tried to get mean with Webb when he mangled up his other arm. He can't afford to punch a hole in a wall much less, take chances riding rough. He has to be smarter than that, and he is. Maybe late in the season, if he has to and opportunity knocks.....

Post a reply to: I stand by Deano

The Latest