I stand by Deano

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2021 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2021 2:51 PM

Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done fun vids, charity, generally a good natured positive influence on our sport and everyone watching it.

Then all the sudden its "Deano is the DEVIL!!!" With the flick of a switch, there is like serious hate toward him. So he got in front of Roczen and Roczen didn't get the win. Oh wait, but he did get second and is still in good contention for the championship? And Roczen is still a multi-millionaire? And Roczen wasn't injured? Hmmm

This is almost like the Blake Wharton/ Trey Canard incident, where everyone loved Trey Canard and felt Wharton owed it him to be extra careful so that Trey (not Blake) could have a successful race.

So many people are just ready to vent and rage at anything these days. Well, you know what:

There is nothing wrong with Dean Wilson.

He is still a great guy and an ambassador for the sport. He still deserves the good credit he built up over the last several years, and hopefully he won't let a couple of ignorant attention seeking rage hounds try and stir up some goofy Wilson-hate crusade. Its time to stop that bs and grow up.

|

1/24/2021 2:52 PM

It's only the forum warriors and social media cockroaches that have lit the torches and armed themselves with pitch forks. Real fans of the sport and respected industry members saw that for what it was, a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less.

|

1/24/2021 2:53 PM

We all make mistakes man. Live and learn.

Dean is a good guy. And even good guys screwup sometimes.

Onward and upward!!

|

1/24/2021 2:54 PM

Bauer should be along any minute.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/24/2021 2:59 PM

burn1986 wrote:

Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done ...more

I completely agree! Dean has been nothing but great for the sport and has never done anything intentionally similar before. The internet keyboard warriors need to let their frustration out on a motocross track instead of the intranets. The culture will be forever changed due to social media and the internet.

|

1/24/2021 3:05 PM

I agree, it’s racing. Things happen!

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

1/24/2021 3:11 PM

Deano....still A-OK in my book.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

1/24/2021 3:16 PM

Deano is amazing I have no idea how anyone could hate the guy, shit happens. At least he owned up and apologized which most people never apologize these days and him and Kenny are cool, people need to move on. The sad part is tuesday we'll hear Blair and the broadcast over and over and over again bring up the incident 100 times that night and keep talking about it EVEN though Kenny and Deano fine they LOVE to constantly remind us and dwell on things to stir the drama up.

|

1/24/2021 3:18 PM

Deano is a great ambassador for the sport..

|

1/24/2021 3:34 PM

I like Dean Wilson!

I also think he majorly screwed up, and that KR94 fans have every right to be pissed off.

|

1/24/2021 3:43 PM

I think Dean is a cool dude and im still a fan,, im a fan of Kenny too. Its a fuckin mx race in a small stadium, shits going to happen.

|

1/24/2021 3:48 PM

tickleme20 wrote:

I like Dean Wilson!

I also think he majorly screwed up, and that KR94 fans have every right to be pissed off.

HAD every right
If they're still pissed off now they need to have a good hard look at their life

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/24/2021 3:49 PM

Deano is a class act, this should not be a defining moment for who he is overall. I stand with Deano!

|

1/24/2021 3:49 PM

Oh also I'm team Dean Wilson... and not just cause of Sarah

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/24/2021 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2021 6:29 PM

If Kenny himself has said that he’s moved on then why hasn’t everyone?

|

1/24/2021 4:28 PM

His followers on Instagram saying he’d “lost a fan” and all that, I think they forget that these guys are real, human people. My jaw dropped when Kenny bumped him and Cooper got by and I looked like Kevin McCallistar putting on aftershave when the race ended. Nobody wants to see that happen and it was pretty shocking but no way was it anything besides a terrible mistake by Deano.

|

I just wanna thank the Lord and Red Bull KTM

1/24/2021 4:39 PM

RacerX8 wrote:

Because Kenny hasn’t. Public statements don’t necessarily mean reality. These guys have PR people and the works.

Kenny always rides like such a nice guy. Avoids contact and backs off if he can’t make a pass without contact. Would love to see him get mean.

|

1/24/2021 4:40 PM

Think it was a case of everyone venting their emotions and opinions in the heat of the moment. But you'd hope (hope) that's all that it is, and the vast majority let it go and move forward like normal humans.

Put me in that category. Bring on Indy.

|

1/24/2021 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2021 4:46 PM

BS12 wrote:

Think it was a case of everyone venting their emotions and opinions in the heat of the moment. But you'd hope (hope) that's ...more

I hope our current “Cancel Culture” doesn’t spill over into our sport. Used to be...not that long ago, you could be pissed at something somebody said or did, but you’d soon just get over it and move on with life. Anymore, a beef turns into a person being basically cut off with no support or anyone on their side. I think Kenny & Deano were pretty good friends before this, and I hope that doesn’t squash that.

|

1/24/2021 4:46 PM

RacerX8 wrote:

Philly215 wrote:

Because Kenny hasn’t. Public statements don’t necessarily mean reality. These guys have PR people and the works.

Kenny ...more

After he had his arm sucked into Coops wheel?

|

1/24/2021 5:39 PM

It’s fine to stand by him. It’s riding behind him that’s the problem. Duh.

Hammer 663s

|

1/24/2021 5:44 PM

chaseodc wrote:

After he had his arm sucked into Coops wheel?

It appears that he has learned, grown and moved past that . Hope so. I think, he seems like a good guy. And a fast moto mofo.

|

1/24/2021 5:49 PM

burn1986 wrote:

Man, Deano was the greatest guy in the world and the greatest ambassador for our sport for the past several years. He's done ...more

Sweet virtue signal, bro. But where are all these haters you're talking about?
|

1/24/2021 6:00 PM

He didn’t do anything wrong to begin with. Blue flag is a courtesy flag, no obligation to move over. Everyone is taught from the beginning hold your line the faster guys will go around. Love both these guys but Kenny should’ve found a way around. I know I’m not moving over at that point

|

1/24/2021 6:03 PM

They won’t even be talking about this in a week or two.

|

1/24/2021 6:06 PM

burn1986 wrote:

Thank you sir!!!!

|

1/24/2021 6:17 PM

Jason Rhodes wrote:

He didn’t do anything wrong to begin with. Blue flag is a courtesy flag, no obligation to move over. Everyone is taught from ...more

Good to know you're not moving over. Meanwhile every professional racer in the world will move over. Except maybe Chad Reed and Dean Wilson.
|

1/24/2021 6:18 PM

Likely an unpopular opinion but I tend to think the reaction wouldn't be near as negative towards Dean if it wasn't Roczen that he did it to. Not defending Wilson just think there's been a bit of an overreaction.

|

1/24/2021 6:33 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Likely an unpopular opinion but I tend to think the reaction wouldn't be near as negative towards Dean if it wasn't Roczen ...more

and/or if Dean was on a Factory Honda.

|

1/24/2021 6:40 PM

Deano is awesome. I'm sure he has beat himself up plenty over this.

|