I should have listened...what next?

gti
3/30/2021 9:08am
About me: 35 y/o and 5’10 185 - raced a YZ125 as a teen for a bit and left the sport Bike 1: ‘13 CRF450R— Wanted...
About me: 35 y/o and 5’10 185 - raced a YZ125 as a teen for a bit and left the sport

Bike 1: ‘13 CRF450R— Wanted the durability of the 450 motor so I told myself I’d just take it easy. I did...but it felt heavy and I was just hanging on. Sold

Bike 2: ‘16 250SX — Decided to try a two stroke for the lighter weight. Made it less than an hour on it before breaking my clavicle, scapula, and thumb. Very gnarly crash and I’m thankful it wasn’t worse. I was knocked out but my helmet did it’s job and no concussion. Selling to reinvigorate the savings account after some nice medical bills. Felt more controlled on the 450...

Bike 3: ??? I said for about a day I was done riding before I started thinking about what my next bike should be this summer after I heal up.

I’ll admit I should have listened more to many people's advice not to start on a 450 (or 250 2T). I’m considering a 250 4 stroke once I’m healed up in a few months.

Point 1: Listen to the wisdom on Vital not to start with too much bike

Question 1: Anyone have a similar experience stepping down from a 450 or 250 2T to a 250 thumper? Good decision?
Hi
Just as a precaution for next time it may happen, if you're knocked unconscious you definitely have a concussion. Take the time off because concussion is cumulative and the brain needs some time repair the damage. Best of luck and enjoy your day.

The Shop

Post a reply to: I should have listened...what next?

The Latest