I see why chad reed hates bubba

FALCON70
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:43am
I never understood where it all came from. But I think it came from the 2002 dilla race where bubba let chad by during the race and them came back and passed him. Thats just wrong.

|
BKoonts
11/6/2010 1:31am
I was there. Reed had it coming, He whined and whined and whined about getting a start and Stewart let him have his start, although it was mid race :-) I'm no fan of Bubba but this race is not one of the reasons why. Reed got what was coming to him in front of thousands and thousands of people.
ogdeno
11/6/2010 1:36am
I detect some anti reed sentiment there buddy. Feelin better it's all out?
FALCON70
11/6/2010 1:59am
wow BKoonts. i wished i was there at that race.

how fast was bubba at that race?

guys here at my local track, have seen some of the top guys race, and they say that it's unreal how fast the guys are moving.
I have just raced local races, so thats really the only speed I have seen in person.

The Shop

Little Dave
11/6/2010 2:45am
Let not "forget" Reed had a dislocated shoulder from the week before, which he raced on the same day, yes he was carring a very recent injury.

Bit like picking a fight with someone with a broken arm, can you say pussy.

Snapper
11/6/2010 2:53am
BKoonts wrote:
I was there. Reed had it coming, He whined and whined and whined about getting a start and Stewart let him have his start, although it...
I was there. Reed had it coming, He whined and whined and whined about getting a start and Stewart let him have his start, although it was mid race :-) I'm no fan of Bubba but this race is not one of the reasons why. Reed got what was coming to him in front of thousands and thousands of people.
Yeah, i remember reading about Reed saying that. Reed got shut up there and then. Racers should never run their mouths, even if they're winning....
ogdeno
11/6/2010 3:02am
A bit like you running your mouth now snappy? Oh for Thatcher to now slap you in irons.
crf250pilot
11/6/2010 3:11am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2010 3:11am
Let not "forget" Reed had a dislocated shoulder from the week before, which he raced on the same day, yes he was carring a very recent...
Let not "forget" Reed had a dislocated shoulder from the week before, which he raced on the same day, yes he was carring a very recent injury.

Can you say OWNED!! hurt or not, Bubba was on a 125 vs Reeds 250f and still put it on him.
catatonic
11/6/2010 3:19am
Reed did run his mouth a bit before that race.......that was the best way for Stewart to respond IMO.
11/6/2010 5:53am
HOLY SHIT !

I can't believe Bubs did that to Reed. When did this happen?

I'm surprised this hasn't be discussed on this forum before. This is like Moto History kind of stuff.

Bubs is arrogant; kind of cocky. I wonder how Reed felt that day after the race. Has Reed every commented on this in any interviews or magazines?
11/6/2010 6:03am
David Bailey: Reed will never beat Stewart again.

And that's what pretty much has happened over the last 7 years.
Stephon
11/6/2010 6:25am
catatonic wrote:
Reed did run his mouth a bit before that race.......that was the best way for Stewart to respond IMO.
Agreed...and on 125 too. Ouch.
Trent179
11/6/2010 6:33am
Let not "forget" Reed had a dislocated shoulder from the week before, which he raced on the same day, yes he was carring a very recent...

He didn't dislocate that shoulder until Southwick, which was later in the season.
pitbike502
11/6/2010 6:35am
i miss the parking lot section.. and did you guys notice how many people were there? it hasnt been that packed in a while
11/6/2010 6:46am
* wrote:
HOLY SHIT ! I can't believe Bubs did that to Reed. When did this happen? I'm surprised this hasn't be discussed on this forum before. This...
HOLY SHIT !

I'm surprised this hasn't be discussed on this forum before. This is like Moto History kind of stuff.

Bubs is arrogant; kind of cocky. I wonder how Reed felt that day after the race. Has Reed every commented on this in any interviews or magazines?
maybe learn to read the entire first post...
yzf918
11/6/2010 7:15am
Trent179 wrote:
He didn't dislocate that shoulder until Southwick, which was later in the season.
Actually Southwick was before Unadilla, Southwick was held in June And Unadilla was in July.
Digger437
11/6/2010 7:32am
I don't think it was so much a reed vs stewart as much as two strokes showing the dominance over the might four strokes. haha
11/6/2010 7:34am
FALCON70 wrote:
I never understood where it all came from. But I think it came from the 2002 dilla race where bubba let chad by during the race...
I never understood where it all came from. But I think it came from the 2002 dilla race where bubba let chad by during the race and them came back and passed him. Thats just wrong.

Thats just awesome! Its war out there just like Bailey said!
11/6/2010 7:36am
BKoonts wrote:
I was there. Reed had it coming, He whined and whined and whined about getting a start and Stewart let him have his start, although it...
Snapper wrote:
Yeah, i remember reading about Reed saying that. Reed got shut up there and then. Racers should never run their mouths, even if they're winning....
No matter how fast you are sooner or later there is going to be someone faster.
Prince1
11/6/2010 7:46am
FALCON70 wrote:
I never understood where it all came from. But I think it came from the 2002 dilla race where bubba let chad by during the race...

You should watch the race from next weekend at millville were Reed blew by bubba. Both are tip dirt compared to the GOAT. I say that so you know that im not a Reed fan or Bubba there both bitches
11/6/2010 8:00am
* wrote:
HOLY SHIT ! I can't believe Bubs did that to Reed. When did this happen? I'm surprised this hasn't be discussed on this forum before. This...
HOLY SHIT !

This has been discussed on here at least once a year since it happened. Definitely one of the moments that shot Bubba into superstardom.

The other classic Bubba moment was the race at Budds way back(i forget what year) on the 125 when Bailey and Eckman were still announcing, Bailey was chatting about the race when Bubba started doing this mind blowing scrub (on the 125). Bailey sounded stunned and said something like "I can't beleive what he just did" I think there are some good pics of it out there. I miss the days when Bubba was all smiles in the pits and completely rewriting the way bikes were ridden on the track. I hope he gets back to that this season.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
11/6/2010 9:15am
Digger437 wrote:
I don't think it was so much a reed vs stewart as much as two strokes showing the dominance over the might four strokes. haha
Well the 2 stroke won the battle, but the AMA goobers saw to it that the 4 strokes won the war. Sad
11/6/2010 9:37am
FALCON70 wrote:
wow BKoonts. i wished i was there at that race. how fast was bubba at that race? guys here at my local track, have seen some...
wow BKoonts. i wished i was there at that race.

how fast was bubba at that race?

guys here at my local track, have seen some of the top guys race, and they say that it's unreal how fast the guys are moving.
I have just raced local races, so thats really the only speed I have seen in person.
You'd be amazed at the speed difference between the local races and a National.

Check out my video from the JGR track...
http://jaredbolton.com/2010/09/01/jgr-test-track-video/

Brayton is in there as well as Kevin Walker (who of course is the king of Loretta Lynn's), Shelby Rolen (pretty fast Womens rider) and Tim Shutt who works for JGR and is a fairly fast local Vet class guy (he won a couple of class championships in the NC Hare Scramble Assoc)

Make sure to watch the shot of Brayton at 1:08

DiIullo
11/6/2010 9:45am
one of the best mind F's ever done to a racer.... ! classic...
11/6/2010 9:58am
How are some of you guys just seeing this now? This was talked about for YEARS after it happened (which I suppose is obvious, because we are talking about it now. Weird).

I like Reed more than Stewart, but this was awesome when it happened. And Reed's shoulder was definitely healed by this point. Southwick was at the beginning of June, Unadilla was around mid-July.
mxpitt23
11/6/2010 10:12am
Prince1 is correct, Reed did handle bubba the next weekend. I heard an interview w/ JS7 where he was asked about the unadilla thing and he acted embarassed. Said, looking back it probably wasnt the cool thing to do, but he was young and cocky & it seemed right at the time. These 2 dudes have alot more history than people remember, it wasnt just a couple years of SX battles. That day at unadilla was classic though, head games 101
oldx
11/6/2010 10:22am
Too bad Bailey don't announce more.
zippy895
11/6/2010 10:28am
DiIullo wrote:
one of the best mind F's ever done to a racer.... ! classic...
thats how i see it as well. dont know why its ballooned into more than this.
11/6/2010 10:40am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2010 10:43am
FALCON70 wrote:

Prince1 wrote:
You should watch the race from next weekend at millville were Reed blew by bubba. Both are tip dirt compared to the GOAT. I say that...
You should watch the race from next weekend at millville were Reed blew by bubba. Both are tip dirt compared to the GOAT. I say that so you know that im not a Reed fan or Bubba there both bitches
If the number 2 and 3 guys, RC's toughest competition are bitches, than RC only accomplishment in beating 2 bitches. big freakn deal! Basically you are saying this sport is for pussys. and thats why the majority of the public thinks its an easy sport. All 20 or 40 guys who line up on the line have superhuman skills and need a wheel barrel to carry thier sack around. Until this sport markets all its pros as superstars as other sports do, it will not gain respect and grow. In fact I'd venture to say they are some of the best athletes in the world.

Your comment disrespects the sport.
cheers
11/6/2010 10:42am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2010 10:49am
I thought that was a badass move on Bubbas part. I know local pros who would gate dead last and then work up to the front just to give them a challenge. nobody said that it was disrespectful. Reed had said all year that he was as fast as bubs but he just never got a good start. So Bubba just let him by to prove a point. Only reed fans were mad about it. reeds shoulder wasnt that hurt. ive dislocated my shoulder and lemme tell you, i wasnt racing the next weekend! No way. i have talked to some tough guys and they agree with me on that. Reed has a lot of excuses.

Post a reply to: I see why chad reed hates bubba

The Latest