I need to go on a riding escape... help me plan

kawi448
Edited Date/Time 12/13/2015 7:40pm
I've had a lot of stress lately, and I'm also obsessed with riding, and I want nothing more than to improve my riding skills. Unfortunately I live in Michigan where riding is just about to end for the year.

First consider I'm a 19 year old kid just trying to ride in any way possible and get away from this snowy hell, and financing all of this potential trip myself. So I'm looking to get the most cost effectiveness.

At first I considered a riding schools, like SOBMX, GPF seems to cater only to pros, same with most schools plus they are so expensive. I'm a B rider at best but I have a lot of room to improve.

I want to go to either the Southeastern US or California (dream). So I was looking at Monster Mountain and they charge $800 a month for an RV hookup (which I don't even need) plus riding everyday.

Does anyone know any tracks in California or the southern US that are open everyday and might offer a deal to someone like me?

How about the most cost effective way to stay? Hotel? Riding school?

Honestly I'll live in a van (which I don't have) or a shitty motel if it meant I could ride every day.

I was hoping to go for 3 months, I want to just ride for a while and forget about everything else. If anyone has any suggestions please I'm open. I'm also willing to work for someone who may have a track or place to stay.

Thank you, Braden.
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
12/10/2015 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2015 8:07pm
You could try durhamtown and highland park here in georiga. However it's about to get cold. And if you've never been to georgia in the winter you probably have the wrong idea. Our temps don't get as low, but it feels colder than it is. Even my Canadian ex will agree with me on that. You really wanna ride all winter and comfortably, go to Florida.
As someone who enjoys and has obviously taken road trips living out of the truck, I can say you'll be miserable for 3 months in a truck. Get a hotel or an rv. Trust me.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
12/10/2015 11:20pm
You can ride everyday of the week in Southern California. No deals, you gotta pay to play.

Well some tracks offer monthly passes I think? But it's more fun to ride all the different tracks.

Just get in your truck with your bike and drive, things will work out. YOLO.
12/10/2015 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2015 11:49pm
Depending on your finances, I would try to plan a vacation. Rather then stay at one track an entire month, I would try not to spend more then a few days at any one track, and make my way through what ever states are ride-able at the time. Staying at tracks or camping areas is pretty cheap but also gets tiresome pretty fast. 3 months you better have some serious cash saved up. I did exactly this this summer out of my ranger, no hotels, also staying at friends houses along the way. $1500 got me 3 weeks and i got to ride 5 days in arizona and 4 days in colorado, each day at a different location, both tracks and off road.

my budget was super small but i made it work. More money = longer or more comfortable. Riding everyday sounds great until you start doing it. The body needs down time to recover. I didn't get any coaching but if you really wanted to I'm sure you could plan it and make it fit your schedule. The facilities sound good for your riding, but not as much of an adventure.
12/11/2015 5:55am
JWTF might be worth looking up http://www.jwtfmx.com/
moto455va wrote:
JWTF is pretty tight, they also rent cabins for $20 per night per person. Also Weinert is a cool dude
Another vote from me. Just went last wk and had a great time. 2 full size tracks as well as a few turn tracks. Whether you're just riding or training too it's pretty reasonably priced and caters well to true amateurs.

As others have said though, I wouldn't limit yourself to just staying at one place. Too many options for that!
Gringoe
12/11/2015 6:01am
kawi448 wrote:
I've had a lot of stress lately, and I'm also obsessed with riding, and I want nothing more than to improve my riding skills. Unfortunately I...
I've had a lot of stress lately, and I'm also obsessed with riding, and I want nothing more than to improve my riding skills. Unfortunately I live in Michigan where riding is just about to end for the year.

First consider I'm a 19 year old kid just trying to ride in any way possible and get away from this snowy hell, and financing all of this potential trip myself. So I'm looking to get the most cost effectiveness.

At first I considered a riding schools, like SOBMX, GPF seems to cater only to pros, same with most schools plus they are so expensive. I'm a B rider at best but I have a lot of room to improve.

I want to go to either the Southeastern US or California (dream). So I was looking at Monster Mountain and they charge $800 a month for an RV hookup (which I don't even need) plus riding everyday.

Does anyone know any tracks in California or the southern US that are open everyday and might offer a deal to someone like me?

How about the most cost effective way to stay? Hotel? Riding school?

Honestly I'll live in a van (which I don't have) or a shitty motel if it meant I could ride every day.

I was hoping to go for 3 months, I want to just ride for a while and forget about everything else. If anyone has any suggestions please I'm open. I'm also willing to work for someone who may have a track or place to stay.

Thank you, Braden.
3 months is enough time to do everything you want to do in the south east, you could do it all in 3 weeks. I'd say stop in the Carolinas and go to weinerts or sob, club might be a little daunting but if you want super gnarly outdoor national conditions then that's the place.

Maybe hit Highland park in ga on your way to Alabama. Riding monster mountain should be the number one goal on your agenda and you could stay out there cheap.

From there you want to head to Jacksonville Florida (there is tracks on the way but I don't know where, do research) and stay at WW for a few days, beach is only 30 min away as Well as a track called Hilliard.

From there head a couple hours south (and probably 80 degrees) and hit more tracks down there. Florida members can probably help you out with more tracks down there

Then hit some more on the way home.
NOW stack up your money
farmerjohn42
12/13/2015 7:40pm
Just remember you need to account for bike maintenance. Riding for three straight months will stress your hardware. Crashes will happen and sometimes parts are needed for the repairs so try to account for that as well in your budget.

Post a reply to: I need to go on a riding escape... help me plan

The Latest