I need friends *round 3* (Texas edition)

Millerrr973
9/23/2018 8:54am
Update:
I’m back at WVU in school, still riding pretty much every weekend. Just a return offer from SpaceX for Summer 2019. Looks like I’ll be back in SoCal around May. Is it too early to start making riding plans? Lol

https://www.instagram.com/millerrr973/
Millerrr973
4/23/2019 10:33am
Just under two weeks before I head west, who wants to ride?
GrayB163
4/23/2019 11:13am
So this morning I got an offer for a summer internship with SpaceX in Hawthorne, CA. I will be moving to LA for the summer and...
So this morning I got an offer for a summer internship with SpaceX in Hawthorne, CA. I will be moving to LA for the summer and needs some people to ride with. I know some of the big tracks I need to hit that are too far (Glen Helen, Pala, Zaca Station, Milestone, etc). Anyone in the area that would like someone to ride with? I’m packing up May 11th when my Co-op ends with Toyota and heading west. Any tracks I should hit on the way? I’m from West Virginia, so I ride a lot of east coast tracks never riding anything west of Ohio.

Here is a picture of my trusty steed that I will be bringing with me!

wish i could go with ya bub, send me vids <3
brocster
4/23/2019 11:56am
Update: I’m back at WVU in school, still riding pretty much every weekend. Just a return offer from SpaceX for Summer 2019. Looks like I’ll be...
Update:
I’m back at WVU in school, still riding pretty much every weekend. Just a return offer from SpaceX for Summer 2019. Looks like I’ll be back in SoCal around May. Is it too early to start making riding plans? Lol

Saw this old thread and figured one more comment. If you are going to be riding tracks on the weekends. Getting an early ish start there will be no traffic issues going out but your return will be a little slower. My last few times to glen helen have only taken a little over an hour and I am in South OC.

On another note I work 4/10’s and am off on Fridays if anyone want to link up and ride Fridays (less crowded) I am down. Not being from here and not knowing anyone I don’t ride alone.

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/23/2019 12:40pm
In! Probably hitting Perris tomorrow night, you’re late Grinning
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/23/2019 1:04pm
Let's do it! LACR?
Millerrr973
4/23/2019 1:09pm
Update: I’m back at WVU in school, still riding pretty much every weekend. Just a return offer from SpaceX for Summer 2019. Looks like I’ll be...
Update:

brocster wrote:
Saw this old thread and figured one more comment. If you are going to be riding tracks on the weekends. Getting an early ish start there...
Saw this old thread and figured one more comment. If you are going to be riding tracks on the weekends. Getting an early ish start there will be no traffic issues going out but your return will be a little slower. My last few times to glen helen have only taken a little over an hour and I am in South OC.

On another note I work 4/10’s and am off on Fridays if anyone want to link up and ride Fridays (less crowded) I am down. Not being from here and not knowing anyone I don’t ride alone.
I went to glen a good bit last summer. will probably be the first track I go to this summer!

Hoping I can work 4/10s we’ll see. But definitely need people to ride with!
Millerrr973
4/23/2019 1:12pm
seth505 wrote:
In! Probably hitting Perris tomorrow night, you’re late Grinning
Only hit up Perry’s once last summer, I’d like to go more this summer. Let me know when you go next!
Millerrr973
4/23/2019 1:14pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Let's do it! LACR?
LARC was another that I only went to once. But I really liked it! When do you normally go?

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/23/2019 1:17pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Let's do it! LACR?
LARC was another that I only went to once. But I really liked it! When do you normally go? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/23/341397/s1200_7220392E_27ED_4F97_A99E_A67FDCBF983B.jpg[/img]
LARC was another that I only went to once. But I really liked it! When do you normally go?

Sunday's are my day to ride. Saturday's are busy with the kid's stuff haha. I only live 25 minutes or so from LACR. Just let me know like a week before and I'll meet you out there
Grizz
4/23/2019 1:27pm
I’m down to meet up, I just followed you on IG.
Millerrr973
4/23/2020 4:39am
Hey dudes, the past two summers I’ve had the opportunity to stay in Southern California while working for SpaceX. Still continuing my journey with such an amazing company, but this summer brings me to Brownsville, TX. Anyone from the area? Looking places and people to ride with! Help please! I really need to find some tracks to rip this things at!

Millerrr973
4/25/2020 5:52am
Hey dudes, the past two summers I’ve had the opportunity to stay in Southern California while working for SpaceX. Still continuing my journey with such an...
Hey dudes, the past two summers I’ve had the opportunity to stay in Southern California while working for SpaceX. Still continuing my journey with such an amazing company, but this summer brings me to Brownsville, TX. Anyone from the area? Looking places and people to ride with! Help please! I really need to find some tracks to rip this things at!

No one? Trying to find out how many tracks are in the region. I’m also trying to find a few places to ride on my way down.
Pirate421
4/25/2020 8:31am
I used to live in Corpus Christi. There used to be a track down there called red roost Mx but the guys who ran it lost the property lease I think. It’s been a few years since I lived down there but not much for Mx tracks down there. There are a few people who ride maybe do some searches on Facebook for rio grande valley motocross. Otherwise cycle ranch in floresville is probably the spot to be.
Moto88
4/25/2020 9:16am
Not sure about that area but cycle ranch would probably be worth the drive, they got some pretty good Moto going on there!
Zoom
4/25/2020 3:02pm
I'm from Brownsville but live in Houston now. There are a couple of decent private tracks in Harlingen.

You need to get in touch with Mike Maley. He has a private track at his house called the Grove. He owns Sound Advice in Harlingen. You can reach him at work, (956) 428-4383.

Also, Mike Heggie has a private track near Harlingen.

Both are awesome guys and are on social media but not on Vital. If you get in touch with either one tell them Larry Hughes referred you to them.

Good luck!
spimx
4/25/2020 3:12pm
Hey dudes, the past two summers I’ve had the opportunity to stay in Southern California while working for SpaceX. Still continuing my journey with such an...

Yes I'm in Brownsville now. There are 2 tracks within an hour from here. The actual SpaceX launch site had some great riding and it seems Elon Musk shut us down so I'm a little bitter with SpaceX. Look for The Grove MX on Facebook and MARS mx. Mike Mailey does have a fun track I'll be there tomorrow. Cycle Ranch is 3 hrs from here and has some bigger events.
Pirate421
4/25/2020 3:23pm
Mike Mailey is one of the most solid dudes I’ve ever met, type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. He has a track called The Grove, it’s a small but awesome track in the middle of an orange grove. Luckily I had some buddies when I moved there who were able to get me into his invite annual Grove SX race. A blast every time we rode there.

Also Mike Heggie was getting a track together by the river right before I moved. Another super solid guy, I actually bought a bike from him. His kid Seth was a really good rider too. All the guys I rode with down in the RGV were really good people, a tight knit group but very welcoming.
Millerrr973
4/25/2020 4:00pm
Moto88 wrote:
Not sure about that area but cycle ranch would probably be worth the drive, they got some pretty good Moto going on there!
Definitely going to venture North throughout the summer to hit up some of the more memorable Texas tracks. Just wanted to make sure I could justify bringing my bike with me and not have to drive 8+ hours every weekend just to ride!
Millerrr973
4/25/2020 4:03pm
Zoom wrote:
I'm from Brownsville but live in Houston now. There are a couple of decent private tracks in Harlingen. You need to get in touch with Mike...
I'm from Brownsville but live in Houston now. There are a couple of decent private tracks in Harlingen.

You need to get in touch with Mike Maley. He has a private track at his house called the Grove. He owns Sound Advice in Harlingen. You can reach him at work, (956) 428-4383.

Also, Mike Heggie has a private track near Harlingen.

Both are awesome guys and are on social media but not on Vital. If you get in touch with either one tell them Larry Hughes referred you to them.

Good luck!
Great information! This is what I was hoping for. I'll get in touch with both of them! Maybe I could take a long weekend and come up to Houston and we could go ride! Thanks for the contacts!
Millerrr973
4/25/2020 4:07pm

spimx wrote:
Yes I'm in Brownsville now. There are 2 tracks within an hour from here. The actual SpaceX launch site had some great riding and it seems...
Yes I'm in Brownsville now. There are 2 tracks within an hour from here. The actual SpaceX launch site had some great riding and it seems Elon Musk shut us down so I'm a little bitter with SpaceX. Look for The Grove MX on Facebook and MARS mx. Mike Mailey does have a fun track I'll be there tomorrow. Cycle Ranch is 3 hrs from here and has some bigger events.
Let's meet up and ride once I get down there! Glad to hear there are a few places to ride relatively close. From what I could see I would be driving at least 4 hours to ride, and wasn't even sure I would bring my bike with me this summer. It sucks that the riding area got shut down, but it is for a good cause imo.

How do you like Brownsville? I honestly don't know what to expect.
Millerrr973
4/25/2020 4:11pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Mike Mailey is one of the most solid dudes I’ve ever met, type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. He has...
Mike Mailey is one of the most solid dudes I’ve ever met, type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. He has a track called The Grove, it’s a small but awesome track in the middle of an orange grove. Luckily I had some buddies when I moved there who were able to get me into his invite annual Grove SX race. A blast every time we rode there.

Also Mike Heggie was getting a track together by the river right before I moved. Another super solid guy, I actually bought a bike from him. His kid Seth was a really good rider too. All the guys I rode with down in the RGV were really good people, a tight knit group but very welcoming.
All I need is a place for some moto therapy! No chance I could go an entire summer without riding. Hopefully I'll get to meet and ride with both Mikes.

Stuff like this that makes me love the moto community even more.
spimx
4/26/2020 6:32am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2020 6:35am
Pirate421 wrote:
Mike Mailey is one of the most solid dudes I’ve ever met, type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. He has...

All I need is a place for some moto therapy! No chance I could go an entire summer without riding. Hopefully I'll get to meet and...
All I need is a place for some moto therapy! No chance I could go an entire summer without riding. Hopefully I'll get to meet and ride with both Mikes.

Stuff like this that makes me love the moto community even more.
Brownsville is a cheap place to live. It's very hot here. If you like the beach South Padre Island is the best beach in Texas south of the Mississippi River and it would be a 45 min drive to SpaceX unless you are in a boat. Port Isabel is also nice and closer. It's nothing like SoCal here. The Latina women here are crazy too man, be careful with that. Definitely bring your bike. The motor community is very tight here, everyone knows everyone every weekend.

Post a reply to: I need friends *round 3* (Texas edition)

The Latest